ImageImageImageImage

Around The League(Lock Por Favor)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Around The League 

Post#1281 » by RickB-Orlando » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

I love how the Lakers operate. They've decided to "permanently" bench Paul Gasol. This shortly after he publicly said he wasn't interested in coming off the bench. So they now acknowledge discussions to trade him, but they're not willing to take on long term contracts for him.

Basically, teams are supposed to gift them expirings or other assets for a guy they've decided isn't good enough to start anymore and is probably more than a little disgruntled due to his benching, plus has bad knees on top of declining capabilities. Just 'cause they're the Lakers, I guess.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#1282 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 pm

"I've tried to go out of my way to get him the ball," Bryant told Y! Sports. "Sometimes I end up looking like an idiot, because I get up in the air, I've got a shot, but I try to find him. But he thinks I'm going to shoot, so his back is turned. I'm trying to think about getting him the ball a lot – take care of him as much as I possibly can. It takes me out of rhythm a little bit, but I'm fine with that. If that's going to help our team, I'm more than willing to do that."

When Howard did get the ball on Monday, he missed four of eight free throws. He let the Bulls strip him. He missed three of his five shots. His aggression seems to come and go, on offense and defense. Perhaps it's the back; perhaps it's something else.

"I've constantly tried to help him out, tried to talk to him," Bryant said. "Two o'clock in the morning, three o'clock in the morning. Texting him. Sharing reading materials. Anything to try and help him.

"He's coming off a major surgery in a market where it's just merciless; where there's demands and responsibilities of athletes. It's been tough on him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant---this-isn-t-working--101830224.html;_ylt=AvAjvTqaXTPO1TcLLEQmhSg5nYcB;_ylu=X3oDMTQ0NmhmcXVxBG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiBTUE9SVFMgRlAEcGtnAzI4NGI1ODBkLTIyY2MtMzE3NC1iMjRmLTcwZDdkMGI2ZGY4OARwb3MDMgRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyAzAyMjUzZWMzLTY0OWItMTFlMi1iNDJlLTc5NDA1Njk1ODRkOA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aka: prorl
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1283 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:50 pm

https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
hanhh
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1284 » by hanhh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm

Why would wolves give up Love for Lopez ? Just cut them out of the deal, Lopez for Howard. Rudolph is a moron.

Some posters in the General board are saying lopez is the best player of the 3 mentioned and least injury prone. Some people just have no memory....Dwight clearly is out of his ideal system and hasn't gained explosiveness back
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#1285 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm

It just imploded in LA. Everyone stabbing each other in the back. This is so funny.

From Ding's article:

He has been more Shaquillian than he would ever admit – just without the one key element that can redeem a whole lot of everything: the utterly dominant play.

Despite Kobe Bryant shooting at a career-high level, Howard has mocked Bryant's shooting stats behind his back when he hasn't shot well, leaving Lakers teammates feeling awfully uncomfortable.

Yet the only way Howard knows and wants is for him to be the go-to guy at both ends, and he made that clear again Monday night.

He said specifically after the Dec. 13 loss in New York that he likes the ball in the post, not via pick-and-roll plays – a logical reason he was so interested in the Lakers hiring Phil Jackson, the man who made Shaquille O'Neal a champion.

After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ... a few minutes before the demoted Gasol spoke gracefully across the room about "not pointing fingers, owning up to our responsibilities, wanting to get out of this and having the pride necessary that it takes to utilize our talents and go beat the opponent – no matter who it is, no matter where we are."

Can't belive Dwight was carrying around a stat sheet bitching about touches. That is too funny.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1286 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/jr-smith-kris-humphries-twitter_n_2523766.html

That was so funny, I spit out my beer when I read it.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#1287 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

LMAO at Dwight. Walking around showing a stat sheet wow.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#1288 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm ashamed that I wasted so much time worrying about dwight rumors the past few years
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#1289 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Kobe has multiple championships and has given 110% effort this season and dwight mocks him?? Looking back its amazing at how well Stan kept the team together last year. He deserves a medal for putting up with that bs dwight put him and the team through.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#1290 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

arkknight1988 wrote:Kobe has multiple championships and has given 110% effort this season and dwight mocks him?? Looking back its amazing at how well Stan kept the team together last year. He deserves a medal for putting up with that bs dwight put him and the team through.

Stan is not an angel but he does deserve a medal first for keeping him focus for as long as he did and then for putting up with his BS that whole time.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#1291 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 pm

i can't believe how bad Dwight is getting.

there should be more than enough shots to go around for Kobe and Dwight, especially when you've got Nash as a facilitator.

i can't see who the Lakers could convincingly pull a deal with. but it looks like they're either going to have to deal Kobe after this season, or deal Dwight by the deadline - if they want to get any value in return for him. but who's going to give up value for a guy who could very well bolt this offseason?

looks like the Lakers went to the well one too many times, and now they've landed themselves some of the dirty water right at the bottom.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1292 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Bensational wrote:i can't believe how bad Dwight is getting.

there should be more than enough shots to go around for Kobe and Dwight, especially when you've got Nash as a facilitator.

i can't see who the Lakers could convincingly pull a deal with. but it looks like they're either going to have to deal Kobe after this season, or deal Dwight by the deadline - if they want to get any value in return for him. but who's going to give up value for a guy who could very well bolt this offseason?

looks like the Lakers went to the well one too many times, and now they've landed themselves some of the dirty water right at the bottom.

There certainly seems to be enough shots for Earl Clark.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#1293 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 am

lol
gp123
Bench Warmer
And1: 75

Post#1294 » by gp123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:50 am

Lately, it's looked like those DPOY awards should be retroactively given to SVG...

I love how earl Clark is making a name for himself though, he's gonna get paid as an RFA... I kinda hope we offer him a contract out of nestalgic homerism
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#1295 » by cedric76 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 pm

gp123 wrote:Lately, it's looked like those DPOY awards should be retroactively given to SVG...

I love how earl Clark is making a name for himself though, he's gonna get paid as an RFA... I kinda hope we offer him a contract out of nestalgic homerism

they ll liekly trade earl next month otherwise they ll have to overpay for him this summer

shame we couldnt retain him :-(
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#1296 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 pm

lol...Lakers hold team meeting with Kobe Bryant very directly asking Dwight Howard if he disliked playing with the long-time Lakers star.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1297 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:lol...Lakers hold team meeting with Kobe Bryant very directly asking Dwight Howard if he disliked playing with the long-time Lakers star.

From GB:
Swift924 wrote:According to The Los Angeles Times, the Lakers held a "loud" clear-the-air meeting Wednesday that included Kobe Bryant directly asking Dwight Howard if Howard disliked playing with him.
According to the report, the meeting started with coach Mike D'Antoni telling the team he was tired of hearing them complain about the offense and ordering them to start playing defense. At one point during the meeting, Bryant then confronted Howard, but the big man reportedly reportedly "didn't go back at Kobe." Add this to the trade rumors, rumblings over D'Antoni's job security and mounting losses and it appears the Lakers' five-ring circus has reached its pinnacle. No one knows where it will go from here, but it's obvious to us something needs to change in L.A.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#1298 » by FFBlitzace » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

I think Dwight is pretty clearly the guy who stands out as the problem. You've got Kobe, an all-time great competitor and player. Nash, an all-time great competitor, player, and high character guy. Gasol, who isn't necessarily any kind of all-time great, but he's a quality big man who has won two championships with Kobe.

And then there's Dwight. Self-admitted puppy who needs a pat on the head.

Kobe may be an ass, but he never takes a night off. You don't have to like him, but if you go out there and compete and do what you need to do, you're going to have success with him. He's a winner.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
hanhh
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1299 » by hanhh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 am

Howard just tore his labrum again. Season over for lakers. He actually may end up a Mav
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1300 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 am

ha dwight said tonight is the real start of the season for the lakers... then he backs it up by scoring 2pts on 0-4 fg with 2 minutes left in the first half. He also just re-injured his shoulder and took himself out of the game right before halftime.

Return to Orlando Magic