yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction History(7/20/13)

Moderators: damo[23], Devin 1L, Hilltop, Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq

Post#61 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:16 am by arsenal6106

You know you've made it in the world, when you have one your threads sticked.
Image
arsenal6106




Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,337
And1: 100
Joined: Nov 6, 2010
Location: Somewhere Drinking Good Beer.
Top

Post#62 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 am by eyriq

RookieStar wrote:wow mods work fast here


Image
Image
eyriq




Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
User avatar
Posts: 9,429
And1: 523
Joined: Mar 24, 2008
Location: #OladipoFanBoy
Top

Post#63 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:11 pm by Reverse_Angle

spongerob squarepants.
Image

O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson. Any takers?
Reverse_Angle
Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,729
And1: 209
Joined: Jul 8, 2010
Location: Keep those balls in the air!
Top

Post#64 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Tue Jan 1, 2013 8:42 am by GameOver25

Just wanted to bump this thread and show some appreciation to our GM.
Hilltop wrote:Jon Barry is the stain on the underwear of basketball analysis
GameOver25


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 11,837
And1: 621
Joined: Aug 27, 2009
Location: "VOO"
Top

Post#65 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:48 pm by Horcy

GameOver25 wrote:Just wanted to bump this thread and show some appreciation to our GM.


Hmmm.... You can send him an email, he usually responds! :lol: 8-)
Horcy
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,301
And1: 10
Joined: Apr 27, 2006
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina - HORCAS RELOADED!!!
Top

Post#66 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 pm by Orium

So far any rumors involving the Magic seem to be coming from other teams. I wonder if this is the FO trying to keep a low media profile after last years circus, or if Henny just likes to keep things close to the chest. Neither would surprise me really. As things begin to heat up it'll be interesting to see how new management handles the deadline.
Orium
Analyst
Posts: 3,550
And1: 141
Joined: Oct 8, 2003
Top

Post#67 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:27 am by craig01

Nice article about Hennigan

http://www.telegram.com/article/2013012 ... source=rss

An August headline on the sports website Bleacher Report asked: “Is Orlando Magic’s Rob Hennigan the NBA’s Most Inept GM?” The accompanying story blasted Hennigan for trading star center Dwight Howard to the Lakers that month and not getting enough in return.

But the criticism of the Worcester native and St. John’s High graduate has disappeared like, well, Magic. In fact, a headline last week on Bleacher Report read: “Orlando Magic Are Officially Winners of Dwight Howard Trade.”
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 20,281
And1: 190
Joined: Dec 24, 2005
Location: orlando
Top

Post#68 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 am by drsd

It will be interesting to see if the Magic jump into the Rudy Gay deal to snag Lowry. The Magic has all kinds off assets to through into this. The TPE, Harrington, and Redick all jump out. Plus with Lowry coming in, the Magic could ship out Nelson to Memphis.
drsd



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 19,742
And1: 327
Joined: Mar 15, 2003
Top

Post#69 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:20 am by silent1900

It's starting to look like Hennigan's inability to get unprotected picks from the Lakers in the Howard deal could matter more than we ever imagined.
silent1900



Junior
Posts: 476
And1: 61
Joined: Jul 18, 2012
Top

Post#70 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 am by drsd

silent1900 wrote:It's starting to look like Hennigan's inability to get unprotected picks from the Lakers in the Howard deal could matter more than we ever imagined.


Orlando has a conditional first round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2017. That is far off that one cannot speculate one where the Lakers will be then.

..
drsd



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 19,742
And1: 327
Joined: Mar 15, 2003
Top

Post#71 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 pm by BadMofoPimp

silent1900 wrote:It's starting to look like Hennigan's inability to get unprotected picks from the Lakers in the Howard deal could matter more than we ever imagined.


Plus, Henny restricted his cap space in taking back Harrington's albatross of a contract. That is two blunders. So, if he did swell in Harkless and Vucevic, but did bad with Al and Picks. Then, Henny is about 50/50. Which is still better than Otis!!!

But, thus far, I am not impressed with Henny. Magic could have forced Lakers to find a top 10 pick for Dwight and also not taken back Harrington.

Actually, I would have preferred to keep Earl Clark and Duhon and let Denver ship Harrington to the Lakers. Then, cut Duhon for the $1.5 mil cap hit and develop Clark to help out the defense here.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,692
And1: 3,676
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#72 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 pm by MostValuableGM

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired J.J. Redick from the Orlando Magic, according to a source.

The Bucks had also been pursuing a trade for Josh Smith, but are out of those talks.

The Bucks will send Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih to the Magic.

Orlando will send Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith, along with Redick, to Milwaukee.

In a related but separate trade, Hakim Warrick going to the Magic from the Charlotte Bobcats for Josh McRoberts.

So - now how do we feel about Henny?
ORLANDO MAGIC Basketball
MostValuableGM
Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,358
And1: 36
Joined: Apr 8, 2004
Location: New York
Top

Post#73 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 pm by arsenal6106

MostValuableGM wrote:The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired J.J. Redick from the Orlando Magic, according to a source.

The Bucks had also been pursuing a trade for Josh Smith, but are out of those talks.

The Bucks will send Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih to the Magic.

Orlando will send Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith, along with Redick, to Milwaukee.

In a related but separate trade, Hakim Warrick going to the Magic from the Charlotte Bobcats for Josh McRoberts.

So - now how do we feel about Henny?



I'll update the OP later tonight.
arsenal6106




Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,337
And1: 100
Joined: Nov 6, 2010
Location: Somewhere Drinking Good Beer.
Top

Post#74 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:27 pm by Skin

MostValuableGM wrote:So - now how do we feel about Henny?

Every move he makes is Golden. He's the biggest asset we got in the Dwight Howard fiasco.

Think about this...

The Bucks, Hawks and Magic discuss a 3 way deal that has serious legs up until the very last minute well it all collapsed. BUT!....which teams got screwed over the most by not completing this deal? The Bucks... for not trading Ellis are kicking themselves... but the Hawks are just total losers for not trading Smith! Screwing our division rival Hawks has to be a hidden silver lining win for the Magic because it prevented the Hawks from improving their team! WOO HOO!!!! The Hawks get stuck with their star FA player who isn't returning to them and they won't get anything in return for him now. He's an UFA and his Bird Rights are meaningless because he's not a max player. Who cares if the Hawks can offer him more than any other team? They won't be his highest bidder, nor should they. No team with the cap space to afford Smith will need to do a S&T for him. There's no need because the Hawks hold no leverage. The only leverage they have is if they plan to give him a max contract. If they do, then LOL. How savvy is our GM? One of the best in the business baby! LOVE IT!

The Hawks had no alternative plan to trade Smith if this 3 way didn't go through, but our GM did and we still got something for Redick. Bravo Henny! Bravo!
Image
Playoffs, here we come!
Skin

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,237
And1: 706
Joined: Jul 3, 2009
Top

Post#75 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 pm by Skin

Also,

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Hearing Orlando used Ryan Anderson TPE to obtain Warrick which would have expired before Magic could use it... Gain TPE from McRoberts

Brilliant!
Image
Playoffs, here we come!
Skin

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,237
And1: 706
Joined: Jul 3, 2009
Top

Post#76 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm by OrlandoMagician

Is this relevant? From Woj:

@WojYahooNBA: Many league executives impressed w/ young players that front office of Rob Hennigan, Scott Perry and Matt Lloyd have assembled in Orlando.
Rob Hennigan is smarter than you.
OrlandoMagician
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 299
And1: 7
Joined: Mar 9, 2012
Top

Post#77 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 am by JBSouthpaw

ESPN Trade Grades by Kevin Pelton:

Milwaukee: C+
What are the Bucks doing? That's been the question everyone around the league has spent all week trying to figure out. Milwaukee was as active as anyone, and reportedly in discussions to trade for Josh Smith as part of a three-way trade until just before the deadline. Those talks broke down, but the Bucks still made the biggest splash of any team by acquiring Redick.

Despite Redick nominally being a rental -- he's in the last year of a contract -- it's somewhat unclear how much this trade will help Milwaukee the rest of the way. That will depend on how interim head coach Jim Boylan manages his revamped backcourt. The Bucks don't have a true backup for Brandon Jennings at the point after dealing Udrih, which presumably means Redick and Monta Ellis will share ballhandling duties as part of a three-guard rotation. If that's a win, it's not by much. The clearer upgrade comes when Redick takes Ellis' minutes, giving Milwaukee a more efficient option at shooting guard. Our Bradford Doolittle estimated that change adding about a win to the Bucks' bottom line........


Orlando: B
From the Magic's perspective this decision was much more straightforward. Orlando knew Redick would likely leave as an unrestricted free agent and wanted to get value for him before then. The Magic reportedly had multiple offers of late first-round picks and decided instead to go with Harris, the No. 19 pick in 2011 and a prospect with more upside than anyone Orlando could have gotten with one of those late first-rounders.

Harris was a favorite of John Hollinger's Draft Rater in 2011, and has played well enough in limited action in Milwaukee that his top SCHOENE comparables include Gerald Wallace, Tim Thomas and Rashard Lewis (as well as Julian Wright, to temper that excitement). There are two concerns with Harris. The first is that he's still so young (20) that he might not really get it until after the conclusion of his rookie contract in 2014-15. Secondly, his skill set overlaps with the Magic's other project small forward, Maurice Harkless. Harris appeared as one of Harkless' most similar players coming out of college. There may not be room for a pair of wings who lack 3-point range, and it's not clear whether Harris can handle regular action at power forward.

A more minor quibble is that it's unfortunate Orlando didn't have time to route Udrih to a contender he might have helped down the stretch. That way the Magic could have gotten a little more long-term value out of this deal.
Orlando Magic 2013: Revenge of the Fallen
JBSouthpaw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 108
Joined: Mar 1, 2011
Top

Post#78 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 am by TNMagicFan

Skin wrote:Also,

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Hearing Orlando used Ryan Anderson TPE to obtain Warrick which would have expired before Magic could use it... Gain TPE from McRoberts

Brilliant!


I was confused about this trade until I read this . I had no idea what the point was until now
TNMagicFan



Head Coach
Posts: 6,179
And1: 207
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Bristol , TN.
Top

Post#79 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 am by ~Snoopy~

JBSouthpaw wrote:ESPN Trade Grades by Kevin Pelton:

Milwaukee: C+
What are the Bucks doing? That's been the question everyone around the league has spent all week trying to figure out. Milwaukee was as active as anyone, and reportedly in discussions to trade for Josh Smith as part of a three-way trade until just before the deadline. Those talks broke down, but the Bucks still made the biggest splash of any team by acquiring Redick.

Despite Redick nominally being a rental -- he's in the last year of a contract -- it's somewhat unclear how much this trade will help Milwaukee the rest of the way. That will depend on how interim head coach Jim Boylan manages his revamped backcourt. The Bucks don't have a true backup for Brandon Jennings at the point after dealing Udrih, which presumably means Redick and Monta Ellis will share ballhandling duties as part of a three-guard rotation. If that's a win, it's not by much. The clearer upgrade comes when Redick takes Ellis' minutes, giving Milwaukee a more efficient option at shooting guard. Our Bradford Doolittle estimated that change adding about a win to the Bucks' bottom line........


Orlando: B
From the Magic's perspective this decision was much more straightforward. Orlando knew Redick would likely leave as an unrestricted free agent and wanted to get value for him before then. The Magic reportedly had multiple offers of late first-round picks and decided instead to go with Harris, the No. 19 pick in 2011 and a prospect with more upside than anyone Orlando could have gotten with one of those late first-rounders.

Harris was a favorite of John Hollinger's Draft Rater in 2011, and has played well enough in limited action in Milwaukee that his top SCHOENE comparables include Gerald Wallace, Tim Thomas and Rashard Lewis (as well as Julian Wright, to temper that excitement). There are two concerns with Harris. The first is that he's still so young (20) that he might not really get it until after the conclusion of his rookie contract in 2014-15. Secondly, his skill set overlaps with the Magic's other project small forward, Maurice Harkless. Harris appeared as one of Harkless' most similar players coming out of college. There may not be room for a pair of wings who lack 3-point range, and it's not clear whether Harris can handle regular action at power forward.

A more minor quibble is that it's unfortunate Orlando didn't have time to route Udrih to a contender he might have helped down the stretch. That way the Magic could have gotten a little more long-term value out of this deal.

thats my only problem
with hark and harris similiar skill set
we gonna end up with one dimentional SF spot?


other then that I like the trade
RealGM B League
Jrue Holiday/Isaiah Thomas/Ramon Sessions
Jamal Crawford/Rodney Stuckey/Marcus Thornton
Paul Pierce/Marvin Williams
Paul Millsap/David Lee
Greg Monroe/Henry Sims

K.O.-ed
Channing Frye
Victor Oladipo
Kevin Durant
~Snoopy~




Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,710
And1: 85
Joined: May 11, 2005
Location: GN-011 Harute
Top

Post#80 Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction H
Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:56 am by MagicFan32

BadMofoPimp wrote:
silent1900 wrote:It's starting to look like Hennigan's inability to get unprotected picks from the Lakers in the Howard deal could matter more than we ever imagined.


Plus, Henny restricted his cap space in taking back Harrington's albatross of a contract. That is two blunders. So, if he did swell in Harkless and Vucevic, but did bad with Al and Picks. Then, Henny is about 50/50. Which is still better than Otis!!!

But, thus far, I am not impressed with Henny. Magic could have forced Lakers to find a top 10 pick for Dwight and also not taken back Harrington.

Actually, I would have preferred to keep Earl Clark and Duhon and let Denver ship Harrington to the Lakers. Then, cut Duhon for the $1.5 mil cap hit and develop Clark to help out the defense here.

Holy crap just stop it. Harrington had to be in the deal for salary reasons, and he is NOT IN ANY WAY RESTRICTING OUR CAPSPACE Jesus man go look on hoopsworld. Insurance is paying 80% of Harringtons deal, the magic likely knew this before agreeing to take him, knowing they would barely be paying him anything this year. We do not even need capspace, yet we will have some this summer! the magic got 5 draft picks, a starting 2, and 2 good prospects out of the trade and got rid of most of their unwanted players. The Magic could not force anyone to do anything because dumbass dwight held us hostage or his idiot agent was going to blackball us for life
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
MagicFan32
RealGM
Posts: 14,119
And1: 318
Joined: Jun 13, 2004
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CarraT, p0peye