ImageImageImageImage

Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction History(7/20/13)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction History(11/2/12) 

Post#81 » by in-limbo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:55 pm

No to Dwight...and yes to Henny.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#82 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:Holy crap just stop it. Harrington had to be in the deal for salary reasons, and he is NOT IN ANY WAY RESTRICTING OUR CAPSPACE Jesus man go look on hoopsworld. Insurance is paying 80% of Harringtons deal, the magic likely knew this before agreeing to take him, knowing they would barely be paying him anything this year. We do not even need capspace, yet we will have some this summer! the magic got 5 draft picks, a starting 2, and 2 good prospects out of the trade and got rid of most of their unwanted players. The Magic could not force anyone to do anything because dumbass dwight held us hostage or his idiot agent was going to blackball us for life

I got four words for you.

Hedo Turkoglu (still stuck with him)
Earl Clark (An attractive Expiring Magic gave up)

Instead of taking back Harrington, the Magic could have not given up Duhon and Clark. Because, Duhon only counts $1.5 mil against the cap if cut. Then, the Magic should of taken back a cheaper expiring instead of Harrington. Because, Harrington is still on the hook for two more years with some money counting against the cap!

All good though. I just won't praise Henny being he made the mistake in taking Harrington. That is his freebie though.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#83 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
MagicFan32 wrote:Holy crap just stop it. Harrington had to be in the deal for salary reasons, and he is NOT IN ANY WAY RESTRICTING OUR CAPSPACE Jesus man go look on hoopsworld. Insurance is paying 80% of Harringtons deal, the magic likely knew this before agreeing to take him, knowing they would barely be paying him anything this year. We do not even need capspace, yet we will have some this summer! the magic got 5 draft picks, a starting 2, and 2 good prospects out of the trade and got rid of most of their unwanted players. The Magic could not force anyone to do anything because dumbass dwight held us hostage or his idiot agent was going to blackball us for life

Instead of taking back Harrington, the Magic could have not given up Duhon and Clark. Because, Duhon only counts $1.5 mil against the cap if cut. Then, the Magic should of taken back a cheaper expiring instead of Harrington. Because, Harrington is still on the hook for two more years with some money counting against the cap!

All good though. I just won't praise Henny being he made the mistake in taking Harrington. That is his freebie though.

you can't just casually though in there "should have taken back a cheaper expiring" without putting a name in there when you are busting the GM for a SPECIFIC fault, totally kills ANY legitimate point you are tying to make.
orlando1214
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,296

Post#84 » by orlando1214 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Oh I didn't know you were in the negotiating room with Hennigan and that you know exactly what he could have traded or not. :lol:

Seriously though, you can come up with all these alternate scenarios to who the Magic could have traded or not traded, but you just don't know what happened in the trade talks and why exactly Hennigan took Harrington. Maybe nobody wanted Turk, or maybe Denver was unwilling to add one of their picks if Harrington wasn't involved. Besides, like Magicfan said, the insurance is paying a lot of his salary due to his injury. Also, just like Duhon, Harrington's contract is non-guaranteed next year and will only count for about $1.7 million more than Duhons. So stop acting like that somehow shackles the Magic and keeps them from having capspace. Besides, I'm happy if the Magic have to pay a little bit more with Harrington's contract next year if it meant no Duhon this year. :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#85 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 pm

If Harrington is cut, he will count against 2014 and 2015's caps. That is like $3.8 mil against each year that could restrict the Magic's opportunity to improve the roster and sign top level talent and help surround them with role players.

As far as Duhon, the Magic could have kept him and cut him this year and saved more than they will ever do with Harrington.

Thus, Magic could not have even dealt with Duhon. But, the Magic did get rid of Earl Clarks expiring while tacking on Harrington.

As far as the war room, Henny should have laid down the law and emphatically stated directly at Kupchack, "If you want Dwight, I only want expirings" and he could of got it because the Lakers wanted Dwight that much too.

It is all good though as it is done and over with. But, Henny showed weakness there.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#86 » by The Effect » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:30 am

Is there a place i can go to apologize to hennigan? Every move he makes seems to be amazing, and i keep doubting him :lol:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#87 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:If Harrington is cut, he will count against 2014 and 2015's caps. That is like $3.8 mil against each year that could restrict the Magic's opportunity to improve the roster and sign top level talent and help surround them with role players.

As far as Duhon, the Magic could have kept him and cut him this year and saved more than they will ever do with Harrington.

Thus, Magic could not have even dealt with Duhon. But, the Magic did get rid of Earl Clarks expiring while tacking on Harrington.

As far as the war room, Henny should have laid down the law and emphatically stated directly at Kupchack, "If you want Dwight, I only want expirings" and he could of got it because the Lakers wanted Dwight that much too.

It is all good though as it is done and over with. But, Henny showed weakness there.

Nitpicking man. We got rid of Jrich too, dont forget that. And if I had to sit thru another season of Duhon I would yell profanities during every game.
aka: prorl
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#88 » by Javanar » Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:17 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Howard was forcing his way to free agency.

Howard was injured for a couple of months.

Howard did not give any kind of verbal commitment to any of the potential trade partners.

All GM's in NBA know that Howard is a problematic player, with a real possibility of walking away for nothing if they get him.

In these circumstances there is no way you can get the exact value for the player you are trading. It was a damage limitation exercise for Magic, and by getting Vucevic, Harkless and some picks, by getting rid of JRich and Duhon, by having some TPE, Henny made a good job to limit the damage and spread the damage effects over time.

Could we have a better deal? Yeah if we knew Bynum's injury was this bad, Magic and sixers would have better deals. Sixers is the one that was screwed in that trade. Not Magic.
I am not a native English speaker...
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#89 » by drsd » Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:26 pm

~Snoopy~ wrote:thats my only problem
with hark and harris similiar skill set
we gonna end up with one dimentional SF spot?

For me the point is the off-season competition. Both players will challenge each other, and the winner will be a starter and the not-winner will be a better player.

Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by Horcy » Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:47 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:ESPN Trade Grades by Kevin Pelton:

There are two concerns with Harris. The first is that he's still so young (20) that he might not really get it until after the conclusion of his rookie contract in 2014-15. [u]

Hmmm...the kid is shinning averaging 17.7 ppg since his arrival to Orlando :lol:
hanhh
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#91 » by hanhh » Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:48 pm

Didn't the Lakers trade all their recent 1st rounders for Nash? Whats the point in getting a 2017 pick?

Who the f*** cares about a pick that far ahead? Harrington can contribute, as we saw the other night. We got rid of most of our trash already, I mean I am thrilled.....

What do you expect? We were handcuffed, or let him walk...
hanhh
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#92 » by hanhh » Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:51 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Dude get out of here with that Earl Clark crap. I agree with you about Hedo, though.

Clark is straight garbage, he plays ok defense with his athleticism...but his jump shot really isn't any better. He is a liability on the floor. SVG didn't play him significant mins for a reason, only reason he plays now is because the lakers HAD to take him and Pau is hurt.

EBanks is even worse
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by Horcy » Sat Mar 2, 2013 2:26 am

JBSouthpaw wrote:ESPN Trade Grades by Kevin Pelton:

Orlando: B
From the Magic's perspective this decision was much more straightforward. Orlando knew Redick would likely leave as an unrestricted free agent and wanted to get value for him before then. The Magic reportedly had multiple offers of late first-round picks and decided instead to go with Harris, the No. 19 pick in 2011 and a prospect with more upside than anyone Orlando could have gotten with one of those late first-rounders.

Harris was a favorite of John Hollinger's Draft Rater in 2011, and has played well enough in limited action in Milwaukee that his top SCHOENE comparables include Gerald Wallace, Tim Thomas and Rashard Lewis (as well as Julian Wright, to temper that excitement). There are two concerns with Harris. The first is that he's still so young (20) that he might not really get it until after the conclusion of his rookie contract in 2014-15. Secondly, his skill set overlaps with the Magic's other project small forward, Maurice Harkless. Harris appeared as one of Harkless' most similar players coming out of college. There may not be room for a pair of wings who lack 3-point range, and it's not clear whether Harris can handle regular action at power forward..

So he lacks 3pt range right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#94 » by crazytown » Sat Mar 2, 2013 2:48 am

In Henny we trust....
jman2585
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#95 » by jman2585 » Sat Mar 2, 2013 12:52 pm

You added "raped John Hammond at the deadline" right? This is what it feels like to have a Spurs front office (like the other 5 Spurs FO's around the NBA). Guys like Vucevic and Harris get plucked from obscurity to play well under you.
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#96 » by AddiFB » Sat Mar 2, 2013 8:22 pm

Feels nice to be on the favorable side of trades, doesn't it guys?
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
CaliMagicGuy
Junior
And1: 10

Post#97 » by CaliMagicGuy » Sat Mar 2, 2013 9:24 pm

AddiFB wrote:Feels nice to be on the favorable side of trades, doesn't it guys?

its something i've never felt before, I think we all could definitely get used to it! :lol:
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#98 » by crazytown » Sat Mar 2, 2013 11:03 pm

This is like being in a crummy/going nowhere relationship (Otis) then dumping her and finding that perfect dream girl and living happily ever after :D
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#99 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 3, 2013 12:06 am

What is this feeling? :D :D :D
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 298

Post#100 » by J the Drafter » Sun Mar 3, 2013 12:08 am

CaliMagicGuy wrote:

its something i've never felt before, I think we all could definitely get used to it! :lol:

Yeah, I never had the experience of getting Carter and Ryan for CLee, Rafer and Battie. Or do we not acknowledge any good things Otis has done?
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama

Return to Orlando Magic