ImageImageImageImage

Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction History(7/20/13)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction History(11/2/12) 

Post#101 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 3, 2013 12:58 am

J the Drafter wrote:
CaliMagicGuy wrote:
AddiFB wrote:Feels nice to be on the favorable side of trades, doesn't it guys?

its something i've never felt before, I think we all could definitely get used to it! :lol:

Yeah, I never had the experience of getting Carter and Ryan for CLee, Rafer and Battie. Or do we not acknowledge any good things Otis has done?

Well.. we were pretty bummed about CLEE... lol but yeah those were the days... I think we were just too beaten up to remember the good times.
mbn23
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#102 » by mbn23 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 6:02 pm

CaliMagicGuy wrote:
AddiFB wrote:Feels nice to be on the favorable side of trades, doesn't it guys?

its something i've never felt before, I think we all could definitely get used to it! :lol:

Finally, it can heal from all that raping that we got over the years. My bum is happy. Much happy indeed.

FYI Diener > You
Just Sayin
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#103 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Mar 7, 2013 4:48 pm

so when is Arsenal going to update this? lol.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#104 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Mar 7, 2013 7:22 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:so when is Arsenal going to update this? lol.

I'll take care of it before the end of this weekend. Sorry, been on the road the last week or so. Also, what was the final details on the mcroberts/warrick trade? Did we really get a new tpe out of it?

Sent From Phone
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
magicsanta
Rookie
And1: 77

Post#105 » by magicsanta » Sat Mar 9, 2013 8:43 pm

Not looking very good so far, the bar hasn't been set very high by his predecessors though
A lonesome morning
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Official Rob Hennigan Magic Transaction History(3/9/13) 

Post#106 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Mar 9, 2013 11:27 pm

Okay, I finally updated the transactions. Sorry for the long delay.

Just a reminder that there are links next to each major/relevant transaction. Those links are in parentheses and take you to a thread where the transaction was discussed. For example, the JJ Redick has "(1)", "(2)", and "(Bucks POV)" next to it.
(1) = Magic POV
(2) = General Board POV
(Bucks POV) = Bucks POV

Thank you!
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#107 » by crazytown » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am

Excerpt from Bill Simmons "Worst Contracts" column:
Rashard Lewis (New Orleans: one year, $13.7 million)
That was Lewis's buyout price for the last year of a watershed $118 million deal that Orlando's Otis Smith gift wrapped him in 2007, just two years after Smith drafted Fran Vazquez over Danny Granger … who could have given Orlando everything Smith wanted from Lewis for one-fifteenth of the price. Who was Smith bidding against for Lewis that summer? We don't know. Why did he pay Lewis $50 million more than he was worth? We don't know. Why hasn't anyone hired Otis since Orlando fired him last year? We don't — oh, wait, we know.

I'm confident Henny is not this stupid.

In Henny we Trust! :D
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#108 » by OMPunk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:06 pm

crazytown wrote:Excerpt from Bill Simmons "Worst Contracts" column:
Rashard Lewis (New Orleans: one year, $13.7 million)
That was Lewis's buyout price for the last year of a watershed $118 million deal that Orlando's Otis Smith gift wrapped him in 2007, just two years after Smith drafted Fran Vazquez over Danny Granger … who could have given Orlando everything Smith wanted from Lewis for one-fifteenth of the price. Who was Smith bidding against for Lewis that summer? We don't know. Why did he pay Lewis $50 million more than he was worth? We don't know. Why hasn't anyone hired Otis since Orlando fired him last year? We don't — oh, wait, we know.

I'm confident Henny is not this stupid.

In Henny we Trust! :D

Uh, I hate reliving the whole pissing away a first round pick. I was rolling when I read the highlighted part though lol.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#109 » by Horcy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Hey guys, check this article.

Heat Tried Getting Vucevic Before Magic Snagged Him in Trade From Sixers

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-heat-tried-getting-vucevic-magic-snagged-him-trade-sixers

In a league which money is the most important part (and Stern plays for Lebron's team) more props to Henningham who pulled out this trade only because Vucevic was involved.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#110 » by MoMM » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Who was Smith bidding against for Lewis that summer? We don't know. Why did he pay Lewis $50 million more than he was worth? We don't know. Why hasn't anyone hired Otis since Orlando fired him last year? We don't — oh, wait, we know.

LOL.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#111 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 pm

MoMM wrote:
Who was Smith bidding against for Lewis that summer? We don't know. Why did he pay Lewis $50 million more than he was worth? We don't know. Why hasn't anyone hired Otis since Orlando fired him last year? We don't — oh, wait, we know.

LOL.

IIRC Houston was prepared to make him a near-max offer, actually. Shard is from Houston, and that was allegedly our competition.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#112 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
MoMM wrote:

LOL.

IIRC Houston was prepared to make him a near-max offer, actually. Shard is from Houston, and that was allegedly our competition.

Yes Hou was interested in him but they weren't gonna give him $120 million. Most likely $70 million and they did not have as much cap-space as we did. Otis just got duped by Shards agent and he blew the load.
aka: prorl
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#113 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 pm

One of the young guys are going to be traded in the off-season.

It has to happen, because I don't see us being able to get rid of BBD.
With Gilbert's contract still being paid, I don't see management just waving Hedo or Al.

but if you pair either of them up with Andrew Nicholson (my choice), Harkless or Harris, there are SO many combinations. when you add in Jameer it's hard not to come up with an attractive package for a team that needs to get under the cap but stay competitive. I think there are so many teams that will be willing to do a sign and trade, including draft picks too.
Hedo having a buyout really allows a team to add ANOTHER player.
Trade value $12M, count towards cap after buyout $6M. that's a mid-level contract right there.

It will be interesting to see what Rob does this summer.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#114 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 pm

On the Charlotte board, Henny got some props!

Sik Infant wrote:Orlando helped us and McRoberts on this one even with the TE.

Hennigan it seems has integrity in regards to his players.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,199

Post#115 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 am

So far, I am extremely impressed with Henny. Hopefully we get some luck on the lottery and Henny makes the right move. That pick along with the youth he has already acquired will change the course of the franchise for the years to come.

I know I haven't been posting much, my schedule allows me to see only a few games, but I am extremely excited about what is going on with the franchise. Can't wait to see what Henny does in the draft and free agency in the next couple of years.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,271

Post#116 » by JBSouthpaw » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:59 pm

this is from the article on Si.com, about the NBA surprises this year:
http://nba.si.com/2013/04/11/nba-surpri ... ?eref=sihp

Orlando Magic
Magic GM Rob Hennigan is way ahead of the game. Orlando’s trade return for Dwight Howard may have seemed meager at the time, but Nikola Vucevic has blossomed into the NBA’s No. 2 rebounder (11.9 per game to go with 12.9 points), Maurice Harkless is already a useful player with plenty of room to grow and Arron Afflalo has used his new circumstances to expand his offensive game. Orlando still doesn’t have a centerpiece player on a rookie-scale deal, but that’s nonetheless a really solid haul and the Magic have three first-round picks from the trade and plenty of developmental opportunities to come.

Vucevic and Harkless will get better, as will versatile forward Tobias Harris, who was acquired at the trade deadline for impending free agent J.J. Redick. As much as Hennigan might have loved the idea of keeping Redick, his summer payday would have added a good chunk of salary to the books of a rebuilding team already lacking in cap space. Harris, 20, provides the potential for production and lineup flexibility on a much more affordable deal.

All told, these acquisitions suggest a stable, cogent process — the hallmark of great management and the foundation of a quality NBA franchise.
jman2585
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#117 » by jman2585 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:38 am

Yet another former Spurs GM turns out (unsurprisingly) to be awesome. Don't understand why more GM's weren't hired from the Spurs front office until fairly recently.
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#118 » by Edrock » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Hennigan radio inteview for those interested: http://www.740thegame.com/cc-common/pod ... _27825.mp3
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#119 » by Horcy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:51 am

J-Mezzy wrote:So far, I am extremely impressed with Henny. Hopefully we get some luck on the lottery and Henny makes the right move. That pick along with the youth he has already acquired will change the course of the franchise for the years to come.

I know I haven't been posting much, my schedule allows me to see only a few games, but I am extremely excited about what is going on with the franchise. Can't wait to see what Henny does in the draft and free agency in the next couple of years.

It's nice to read you man. Best wishes! :wordyo:
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,226

Post#120 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed May 1, 2013 9:27 pm

Horcy wrote:..... more props to Henningham who pulled out this trade only because Vucevic was involved.

That Hennigan guy isn't too bad either.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic