ImageImageImageImage

Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick

Moderators: eyriq, MagicMadness, Devin 1L, damo[23], Hilltop, Howard Mass

User avatar
Potterman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,160
And1: 35
Joined: May 31, 2004

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#281 » by Potterman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:46 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:^^^Too short and wear and tear would severely shorten his chances at playing in every game. Plus, we don't need him getting blocked a million times by 7-footers.


Shorter then Dwight? Wear and tear on the person who could guard Dwight Howard night in and night out at center?

Sorry, but I call foul, not fact.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
Laowai
Analyst
Posts: 3,363
And1: 25
Joined: Jun 08, 2010

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#282 » by Laowai » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Not a Orlando fan but you were extremely lucky you got the 2nd best PF in the draft only A. Davis will have a better career. He has the ability to start for you and will develop each year.
Canadian in China
Nyce_1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,259
And1: 839
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#283 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Laowai wrote:Not a Orlando fan but you were extremely lucky you got the 2nd best PF in the draft only A. Davis will have a better career. He has the ability to start for you and will develop each year.

thanks.

Do you think Nicholson can develop into a #1 option for us?
User avatar
Skin
Head Coach
Posts: 6,820
And1: 915
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
 

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#284 » by Skin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

RookieStar wrote:I dunno about you guys but based on the vids.. he kinda looks scrawny for me. Ah well, its probably the camera

He'll bulk up. That's something that he's acknowledged and the team will help him. Scary part is you don't want to lose your shooting touch as you bulk up.
Image
Playoffs, here we come!
mityamag
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 760
And1: 9
Joined: Aug 20, 2001
Location: Belarus
 

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#285 » by mityamag » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:26 pm

OrlandO wrote:Image


Special to RealGM's Magic fans

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Just curious where Harkless?
User avatar
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
Posts: 12,371
And1: 61
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Location: Political Asylum

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#286 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Harkless is living and training in Orlando. He has been tweeting about it.

Another observation about Nicholson based on pics: He has very small wrists. Wonder if this speaks to his bone structure in general, and relatedly, to his ability to add significant bulk.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
User avatar
colamagicfan
Sophomore
Posts: 108
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 30, 2012

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#287 » by colamagicfan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Harkless is living and training in Orlando. He has been tweeting about it.

Another observation about Nicholson based on pics: He has very small wrists. Wonder if this speaks to his bone structure in general, and relatedly, to his ability to add significant bulk.



dont really know his wrist size but have read he has huge hands, that could be making his wrist look small
ChildishGambino
Banned User
Posts: 2,185
And1: 48
Joined: Feb 14, 2012
Location: St. Barts

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#288 » by ChildishGambino » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 pm

colamagicfan wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Harkless is living and training in Orlando. He has been tweeting about it.

Another observation about Nicholson based on pics: He has very small wrists. Wonder if this speaks to his bone structure in general, and relatedly, to his ability to add significant bulk.



dont really know his wrist size but have read he has huge hands, that could be making his wrist look small

yeah i believe it's 10 inches(pause) from middle finger to bottom palm..... coaches supposedly love players with big hands...
Nyce_1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,259
And1: 839
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#289 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:27 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:
colamagicfan wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Harkless is living and training in Orlando. He has been tweeting about it.

Another observation about Nicholson based on pics: He has very small wrists. Wonder if this speaks to his bone structure in general, and relatedly, to his ability to add significant bulk.



dont really know his wrist size but have read he has huge hands, that could be making his wrist look small

yeah i believe it's 10 inches(pause) coaches supposedly love players with big hands...

Image
User avatar
RookieStar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,921
And1: 153
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#290 » by RookieStar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:37 pm

damo[23] wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Also, anyone noticed his feet?


Calling all posters with foot fetishes!


Seriously though, I was reminded of that sideshow bob character when he had too big a feet and he clomps around when he runs. Ah well thats just me
Laowai
Analyst
Posts: 3,363
And1: 25
Joined: Jun 08, 2010

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#291 » by Laowai » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:35 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
Laowai wrote:Not a Orlando fan but you were extremely lucky you got the 2nd best PF in the draft only A. Davis will have a better career. He has the ability to start for you and will develop each year.

thanks.

Do you think Nicholson can develop into a #1 option for us?


I don't see him as a #1 option but do see him as a core player at PF giving you 16ppg 7-8rpg 3apg he is very smart plus has a high BB IQ. A old but interesting story from the Toronto board Nicolson went to grade school with many Philippine kids and even though he was bigger they were better. But he worked on his game and progressed just as he did in university. He is a player that can start now not like some seniors like Kemba and Jimmer and he as few weaknesses in his game. If he gets the minutes he will be a top 5 in ROY. He had the biggest hands of all rookies.
Canadian in China
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 20,191
And1: 506
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#292 » by drsd » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 am

Laowai wrote:If he gets the minutes he will be a top 5 in ROY. He had the biggest hands of all rookies.


This mostly depends on how tank-alicious GM Henngan "asks" Coach Vaughn to be with his roster. If Davis is playing 35 mpg+ at the PF slot, then Nicholson will not be much more than a practice squad guy.
mityamag
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 760
And1: 9
Joined: Aug 20, 2001
Location: Belarus
 

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#293 » by mityamag » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 am

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
Posts: 12,371
And1: 61
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Location: Political Asylum

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#294 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Image
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
User avatar
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
Posts: 12,371
And1: 61
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Location: Political Asylum

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#295 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:40 pm

https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 20,191
And1: 506
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#296 » by drsd » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 pm




Nicholson is clearly a top-four rookie so far this year.

..
User avatar
claudio-br
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,409
And1: 419
Joined: Dec 25, 2011
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (yeah, with the s)

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#297 » by claudio-br » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:05 pm

is it me or Nicholson's game resembles Carl Landry, who is an underrated player?
Nikola&
Aaron&
Tobias&
Victor&
Elfrid.
User avatar
MoMM
Head Coach
Posts: 7,080
And1: 102
Joined: Jan 08, 2002
Location: Florianópolis, Brasil
Contact:
       

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#298 » by MoMM » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Not even mentioned here :(
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 20,191
And1: 506
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#299 » by drsd » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:31 pm

MoMM wrote:Not even mentioned here :(
http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/


This is appalling as Mr. Nicholson is clearly #3 on the list as sorted by NBA.com . There is not 29 GMs that would rank Kyle Singler over Drew (the Detroit GM must, by default).

..
User avatar
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
Posts: 40,068
And1: 948
Joined: Dec 30, 2006
Location: Orlando/UCF. Always prefer Greece.
         

Re: Magic Select Andrew Nicholson with 19th Pick 

Post#300 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:51 pm

claudio-br wrote:is it me or Nicholson's game resembles Carl Landry, who is an underrated player?


He annihilated Landry last night on both ends.

Return to Orlando Magic


Users browsing this forum: bigdogdylan5, ezzzp, MagicStarwipe