ImageImageImageImage

Official Build-a-Team 1.0: Trade/Discussion (2 Hr Picks) P3

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Re: Official Build-a-Team 1.0: Trade/Discussion (2 Hr Picks) 

Post#41 » by TDJacksonville » Sat Aug 4, 2012 1:49 am

id be interested in faried but i know i got nothing that u would want
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#42 » by LJ4pointplay » Sat Aug 4, 2012 1:51 am

TDJacksonville wrote:id be interested in faried but i know i got nothing that u would want

Correct, but put an offer out there in a post, maybe someone else will like it and we can work a 3 way trade.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#43 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 1:57 am

SOUL, LJ...3-way proposal has been sent. I am fairly certain we can work this one out. Looks like a good fit
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#44 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:01 am

LBPTarHeel27 wrote:If anyone else wants to give up a player they drafted a while ago for an upcoming pick...let me know. 352 is available.

not my fault someone was stupid enough to draft him in like the 100's. ahmad hasn't been a douche all BAT. and it made me feel good to do something nice for someone.

plus, i posted that i wanted to move them. no one spoke up
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#45 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:01 am

Negotiations in progress...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,345

Post#46 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:05 am

check the new emails
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#47 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:09 am

SOUL wrote:check the new emails

...I got nothin....

...Or are you saying I got your e-mail wrong?
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#48 » by LJ4pointplay » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:09 am

Grantland:

Klay Thompson's shooting ability separates him from the rest of the rookie class. According to Synergy Sports, Thompson posts 1.133 points per possession in spot-up situations, which puts him in the top 10 percent of all NBA players. Thompson creates open shots with his movement off the basketball. According to Synergy, 57.3 percent of his catch-and-shoot attempts are unguarded, which means that he's doing a stellar job of losing his defender and getting open.

Faried is a tremendous rebounder, but he might have an even bigger strength on offense. He has shown a knack for putting the ball in the basket when posting up his man. Although he's had only 52 post-up possessions this season, Faried has put up a PPP of 0.942 in those opportunities, and that places him in the top 15 percent of all NBA players. When Faried seals his man and gets the ball deep in the post, he can use his pet move — a right-handed baby hook — and be successful. Yes, 52 possessions is a small sample size, but based on video of Faried in the post, he seems to have the potential to become a reliable scorer on the block.

DraftExpress:
Omer Asik is a monster inside the paint defensively. Contests, blocks or deflects everything. Fantastic on pick & roll. Long, agile, active.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#49 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:13 am

nevermind, its hard to work so its fair for everybody lol
br7knicks

Post#50 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:16 am

maxiell is who i originally wanted to take at 298, but went with a guard instead
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#51 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:17 am

SOUL wrote:nevermind, its hard to work so its fair for everybody lol

7 team trade

:eyebrows: :nod:
RIP, magnumt '19

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#52 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:19 am

br7knicks wrote:
LBPTarHeel27 wrote:If anyone else wants to give up a player they drafted a while ago for an upcoming pick...let me know. 352 is available.

not my fault someone was stupid enough to draft him in like the 100's. ahmad hasn't been a douche all BAT. and it made me feel good to do something nice for someone.

you're big on saying people have been douche's... i hope you're including yourself in that list. probably the rudest person i tried to talk deals with.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#53 » by WillyJakkz » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:20 am

Warriors (31) @ Wizards (38)
POTG: JJ Hickson

Warriors:
Parker (13pts 4ast 1blk)
Nowitzki (10pts 11rebs 1ast 1blk)
Jefferson (4pts 2rebs 1ast)
Jackson (2pts 2rebs 0-7 fg's 0-3 3pt)

Wizards:
Duncan (8pts 3rebs)
Harden (7pts 3rebs 1ast 1-2 3pt)
Lin (7pts 3rebs 1ast)
Fredette (6pts 1reb 1ast 2-4 3pt)
Drummond (4pts 4rebs 1blk)
Hickson (2pts 7rebs 2ast 1blk)

And that's why they play the game. The Wiz played a solid game w/ Lin once again controlling the ball very much throughout nearly every possession he was on the floor, even when he'd pass it it'd find its way back to him (though he only took 7 shots making 3 of them) Harden, Hickson, and Duncan all played solidly but the hero was Jimmer Fredette who hit two 3's that seemed to stop each Warriors run, speaking of which, even when the Warriors were down 6 w/ a minute left I expected them to comeback as they had before since their roster consists of several closer but this time it wasn't meant to be. They aren't quite the same team since they've traded JR Smith and Dorell Wright but the one glaring weakness which was not addressed was the backup PG play is more evident now since they don't have the same bench production. Don't get me wrong, the Warriors played solid throughout w/ Dirk getting a double double but now perhaps, there may be a chink in the armor (and NO that was not a racist shot since they lost to Jeremy Lin and the Wizards).

The West may have just opened up...

Also, I never said 2k12 sims are the end all be all judgment of a team BUT it is a very huge example of how I believe the teams would perform cause after all, this B-a-T is a judgment contest based on a persons opinion whereas at least 2k12 uses advanced stats, tendencies, etc so while we assume certain players won't perform well together, the sim actually will give you an idea of likely the same thoughts that most of us may have (or not have) anyway.

Next Game: Bulls @ Pistons

*From checkin out the sims, the Bulls are one of the best put together teams here imo.
br7knicks

Post#54 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:23 am

Bensational wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

you're big on saying people have been douche's... i hope you're including yourself in that list. probably the rudest person i tried to talk deals with.

when you rescinded a trade you proposed, i decided i did not want that to happen again so i didn't want to deal with you at all. you said you were using him in another trade, yet you still have that particular player

but yes, i will say i have been a douche during this
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#55 » by br7knicks » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:24 am

WillyJakkz wrote:

*From checkin out the sims, the Bulls are one of the best put together teams here imo.

thanks willy, make my first game against the team that's been destroying teams left and right

soul, are you up now?
RIP, magnumt '19

WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,418

Post#56 » by WillyJakkz » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:26 am

WHOA! Just realized you traded Gallinari for that???!!!???

Oh man, TD....

Edit @br7,

Well...you are in the same division (central) :D

Besides, you're up 2 w/ a minute left in the 3rd
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#57 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:26 am

picked up norris cole..

very surprised to see him still around, he hit a rookie wall but he still showed very nice potential and has championship experience.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#58 » by TDJacksonville » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:27 am

WillyJakkz wrote:WHOA! Just realized you traded Gallinari for that???!!!???

Oh man, TD....

id imagine it might make my team better. Test the SIM 8-)
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#59 » by Bensational » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:28 am

WillyJakkz wrote:Warriors (31) @ Wizards (38)
POTG: JJ Hickson

Warriors:
Parker (13pts 4ast 1blk)
Nowitzki (10pts 11rebs 1ast 1blk)
Jefferson (4pts 2rebs 1ast)
Jackson (2pts 2rebs 0-7 fg's 0-3 3pt)

Wizards:
Duncan (8pts 3rebs)
Harden (7pts 3rebs 1ast 1-2 3pt)
Lin (7pts 3rebs 1ast)
Fredette (6pts 1reb 1ast 2-4 3pt)
Drummond (4pts 4rebs 1blk)
Hickson (2pts 7rebs 2ast 1blk)

And that's why they play the game. The Wiz played a solid game w/ Lin once again controlling the ball very much throughout nearly every possession he was on the floor, even when he'd pass it it'd find its way back to him (though he only took 7 shots making 3 of them) Harden, Hickson, and Duncan all played solidly but the hero was Jimmer Fredette who hit two 3's that seemed to stop each Warriors run, speaking of which, even when the Warriors were down 6 w/ a minute left I expected them to comeback as they had before since their roster consists of several closer but this time it wasn't meant to be. They aren't quite the same team since they've traded JR Smith and Dorell Wright but the one glaring weakness which was not addressed was the backup PG play is more evident now since they don't have the same bench production. Don't get me wrong, the Warriors played solid throughout w/ Dirk getting a double double but now perhaps, there may be a chink in the armor (and NO that was not a racist shot since they lost to Jeremy Lin and the Wizards).

The West may have just opened up...

Also, I never said 2k12 sims are the end all be all judgment of a team BUT it is a very huge example of how I believe the teams would perform cause after all, this B-a-T is a judgment contest based on a persons opinion whereas at least 2k12 uses advanced stats, tendencies, etc so while we assume certain players won't perform well together, the sim actually will give you an idea of likely the same thoughts that most of us may have (or not have) anyway.

thanks Willy. that's great to know my guys can hold up against some of the deeper, veteran teams.

Hickson doing a lot more damage on the boards than i expected. very even play and distribution amongst my guys in terms of scoring.

i'd expect Lin to dominate the ball and run a lot of the plays. his passing is so on the money that i'd trust him finding the open man, but even if he couldn't, he has a great knack at getting to the rim or getting to the line. i see him playing a Parker type role within my team. would like to see Harden stepping up a bit more, he's got much more potential as a scorer than he's shown in these last 2 sims. also disappointed in G.Wallace being invisible again. he should have had a field day posting up RJ!
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM

Post#60 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Sat Aug 4, 2012 2:28 am

Bensational wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Return to Orlando Magic