ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#781 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 pm

This game showed just how good Burke is at pushing the ball & making the right play in transition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMue5u4Zq8U[/youtube]
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#782 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:32 pm

From the 17th

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F57ZlGNmmQ[/youtube]
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#783 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Shabazz really lacks play making. He has surprised me with how hard he plays tho, did not expect him to have the kind of motor he does.

Not sure if he doesn't mesh well with the offensive scheme or what but he seems to really lack ball handling & creating for others.

As of now for me it's McLemore > Bazz, but McLemore seems to lack the ball handling as well. We all know McLemore has a very nice jumper & athleticism, but when he attacks the lane he seems to be hesitant & getting stuck a lot. He scores a ton of his points by OTHERS creating for him whether he is posted up in the corners for a open shot or running off screens. When the ball is in his hands late in the shot clock it really shows when he tries to create his own shot.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#784 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:Wat seems to be your guys biggest knock on Carter-Williams i really like him and maybe the only player right now i would take ahead of him potentially is Mclemore but i still think MCW is a better fit than him. I know he has a nack for turnovers but he has the ball skills and it seems like that can be improved. What do u guys think?

What I like least about his game is the fact that he can't shoot with consistency, can't keep a tight dribble, can't use his height to his advantage, can't make his free throws, can't finish his layups, and doesn't have the motor or desire to hustle on defense. I also don't like that he doesn't step up for big games, that he is a veritable turnover machine on the offensive end, and that he has character issues including an apparent arrest for shoplifting a bathrobe and gloves. Lastly, I don't think his frame will hold up well with the rigors of an NBA game. He just has colossal bust written all over him.

As to Shabazz, parts of his game (especially that offensive motor) remind me a bit of Kobe's. I really like the guy. He does need to tighten his dribble (as do McLemore, MCW, Smart, and most of the guards at the top), but I think he'll figure it out as a pro. I'm not sure he's "can't miss," but I do think he has the potential to be a phenomenal scorer as a pro. I could see him appealing to Washington, Charlotte, Phoenix, Orlando, and Cleveland; as such, I have little doubt that he'll be one of the very top picks. Everyone in this draft has stuff he needs to shore up, but this class is more exciting than people give it credit for.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#785 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm

OH EM GEE.....

Northern Illinois broke its own NCAA Division I record for futility Saturday by scoring just four points in the first half at Eastern Michigan.

The Huskies had 13 points with 3:21 to play but found their scoring touch late to lose 42-25.

Northern Illinois trailed 18-4 at the half after shooting 1 for 31, including 29 straight misses.

Earlier this season, Northern Illinois set the record for fewest points in a first half in the shot clock era with 5 against Dayton on Dec. 1.

The Huskies' 3.2 percent field goal percentage in the first half also set a record, breaking Savannah State's 4.3 percent against Kansas State on Jan. 7, 2008.

The lone made field goal also tied a Division I record set by Savannah State in that game.

The Huskies finished the game 8 for 61 from the field for 13.1 percent, another NCAA record.

NIU ended a 24-minute, 32-second drought without a field goal with a layup with 14:27 left to close the Eastern Michigan lead to 23-7.

After 32 misses, Northern Illinois' Daveon Balls finally made a 3-pointer with 2:05 left. The Huskies finished 1 for 33 from long range.

Balls led the Huskies with 7 points, all in the final 8:38.

The Huskies narrowly avoided the record for fewest points in a game -- 20, set by Saint Louis in January 2008.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#786 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:56 am

Anybody watching the NC State/UNC game?

Zo Brown is putting on a fast break CLINIC!!! Droppin dimes everywhere.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#787 » by magicman123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 am

just turned it on, Brown needs a few cheeseburgers, man hes small
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#788 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:18 am

magicman123 wrote:just turned it on, Brown needs a few cheeseburgers, man hes small

Yea 6'5" about 190

Finished with 20 points 11 dimes.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#789 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:24 am

Zo Brown since ACC play has begun has 4 double-doubles (Points & Assists) & is averaging close to 9 assists per game in his last 10.

His speed & playmaking in the open court is pretty insane.

Still tries to be a little too flashy at times, but he certainly has the size, speed, playmaking, & defense of a NBA pg.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#790 » by Def Swami » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:13 am

magicman123 wrote:Never been a fan of players that come from Louisville, do you guys have the same feeling towards other schools?

Syracuse. Outside of Melo, not many players in modern era to laud.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#791 » by Def Swami » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:Wat seems to be your guys biggest knock on Carter-Williams i really like him and maybe the only player right now i would take ahead of him potentially is Mclemore but i still think MCW is a better fit than him. I know he has a nack for turnovers but he has the ball skills and it seems like that can be improved. What do u guys think?

Cannot shoot to save his life.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#792 » by BaunceyChillups » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:08 am

MCW sucks, Smart is by far the top PG prospect in the draft this year

also Shabazz will assuredly be an SF in the NBA because he's way too fat and slow to be a 2 guard and his game is mostly overpowering smaller guys which leads me to believe that there's a fair chance he could end up like Derrick Williams/Michael Beasley
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#793 » by Def Swami » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:21 am

I'm fully on the Marcus Smart bandwagon. I hope we draft him.

McLemore is a close 2nd. Noel is 3rd.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#794 » by cedric76 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:20 am

I m sold on smart too, look like harden/billups ceiling

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/14 ... mes-harden

Future

Smart (mentored by nelson)
AA or we could trade AA to get mclemore
Moe
AN
vuc
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#795 » by MagicFan32 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 am

I had a dream we traded down and drafted 2 guys we never heard of, and we all raged on here about it.

looks like we're gonna have a top 3 bad record, wizards and cavs are gonna pass us...

hope we get another first or two we need to come out of this draft with either Noel, or a perimeter scorer, and a pg
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
The1llness
Pro Prospect
And1: 464

Post#796 » by The1llness » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:40 pm

I really like Noel over everyone. I think this whole small-ball trend in the league now is a joke and having a legit big man in the league is a premium, much less having 2 legit big men. I think his game compliments Vucevic' especially if Vucevic can knock down 17-20 footers consistently and space the floor on offense.

Shabbaz Muhammad just looks sooooo overrated to me from the handful of games of his I saw this year. No right hand, no hops, limited athleticism. Guy's bust potential is off the charts.

I haven't seen enough of everyone else to make a sound judgement on them.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#797 » by thelead » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah, if we landed the #1 pick, I would go with Noel too. He's raw, but the tools are there. McLemore would be #2. I'm still not 100% sure who's #3 for me.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#798 » by G-Heel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 am

I don't mind Noel either. He's really raw, should be perfect to tank for Wiggins. And after 2-3 years, he may be the best player from this draft class.
Fire Otis!
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#799 » by blue and white » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:11 am

G-Heel wrote:I don't mind Noel either. He's really raw, should be perfect to tank for Wiggins. And after 2-3 years, he may be the best player from this draft class.

I like noel for the simple reason that hes a good compliment to vuc and drew. both of them are offensive minded and weak defensively, while noel is a great defender and rebounder who doesnt need the ball to be effective and is very athletic. hes kind of like a tyson chandler
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#800 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:23 am

Breaks down D, finds open shooters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLaNSJnHzfY[/youtube]

Return to Orlando Magic