ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,033

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#741 » by dsg2021 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:20 am

thelead wrote:Anyboby want to come at me now about McLemore VS Shabazz? It's not so far fetched anymore, is it? I don't buy into hype, I watch the games. :naaa:

Seriously though, we NEED a stud. Hopefully we can draft one.

Thats something I really admire and am trying to do more of, turn off the media and hype completely and just watch the players. Making our own lists and growing the experience of watching before and after ceilings set in.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#742 » by Def Swami » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:This is our guy. http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1850 ... ode=single

+1

Excellent read. Excellent leader.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#743 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Man the way Steph Curry is playing makes me want CJ McCollum even more, the way i see it if we end up with a top 3 pick then he wouldn't be a great pick but if we end up in that 5-12 range then things get interesting. Pipe dream would be if we can keep our high draft pick and somehow get another lotto pick and snag CJ with that one
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#744 » by thelead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:This is our guy. http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1850 ... ode=single

+1

Excellent read. Excellent leader.

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't seen much of him still BUT what I have seen has been impressive.
thelead
RealGM

Post#745 » by thelead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 am

Bensational wrote:
thelead wrote:Anyboby want to come at me now about McLemore VS Shabazz? It's not so far fetched anymore, is it? I don't buy into hype, I watch the games. :naaa:

Seriously though, we NEED a stud. Hopefully we can draft one.

i'd be happy with either one. although, neither is proving to be the elite, dominant scorer you'd hope for them to be. Ben has only 5 games where he's scored over 20ppg, and Bazz has 7. I mean, Durant and Carmelo averaged 25 and 22ppg respectively. Beasley averaged 26ppg! My only hope is that they develop the way Rose did (going from a 14.9ppg college player to, well, Derick Rose).

i'd also be happy if we managed to swindle another pick and gave MCW or Smart a shot at PG. although, i'm wary that this has been touted as a weak draft class for a long time, so i'm trying not to buy into too much hype about these guys. they may be talked up now, but that may be because they're the best of a bad bunch. (not talking about McLemore or Bazz). i wouldn't be surprised at all if 'exciting' prospects like MCW and Smart turn out to be Jerryl Sasser or Jamal Crawford 2.0.

Ben is so much more of a complete player though and is a winner that plays team ball. Look at the shooting percntages, BPG, and SPG. McLemore's percentages are elite. I ONLY question his desire to be THE man. He's only 18 though and I'll take humble/unselfish over someone who acts as if he's already made it and plays selfishly. Shabazz is adding NOTHING to the Bruins besides his scoring. He's proving to be very one-dimensional.

McLemore:
10.7 Shots per game
16.1 PPG
5.4 RPG
2.0 APG
1.0 BPG
1.3 SPG
51.0% FG%
44.6% 3PT%
87.1% FT%

Shabazz:
13.3 Shots per game
17.9 PPG
5.1 RPG (2.6 Off RPG because he never runs back on D)
0.8 APG
0.1 BPG
0.5 SPG
46.9% FG%
45.8% 3PT%
72.7% FT%

This is not to say that Shabazz can't and won't be a better pro then McLemore, but I haven't SEEN it yet.
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#746 » by Tarot Magician » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 am

Hah, someone in the Arizona stands holding up a sign saying "Shabazz likes Nickelback." That's just mean.
thelead
RealGM

Post#747 » by thelead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 am

That whole UCLA team is selfish. No one passes the damn ball. So much talent, so little coaching.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#748 » by magicman123 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 am

Shabazz is talented, but that guy is one Lazy mofo, its disturbing....He's also a piss poor passer, in 14 of the 16 games he has 1 or fewer assist (7 games with 0 assist, 7 games with only 1 assist)
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#749 » by londoncollin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 am

I haven't had much interest in him, but this made me want to look into him.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#750 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:22 am

Bazz played well tonight....(as a scorer).

The guy has ZEROOOOOOOOOO right hand ability.

Meanwhile Burke is leading his team to 1st in the nation with a solid 15 pt 8 dime performance tonight.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#751 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:06 am

If we somehow got the no.1 pick i honestly hope we can trade down unless one of these guys has a monster NCAA tournament, we're about to be tied for 4th worst record now, i can see cleveland passing us to if Kyrie plays out of his mind
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#752 » by cedric76 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:44 am

Agenda

Pick best Sg with our lotto pick, hopefully a top 3 pick

Trade (AA or bbd )for an extra lotto pick and draft smart

Smart, nelson (mentor and captain)
Sg we drafted ,jj hopefully
Mo
Nicholson
Vuc
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#753 » by drsd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 am

cedric76 wrote:Agenda

Mo
Nicholson
Vuc

The "best SG" is probably a projected SF in Potter or Bennett. Smart can easily be projected as a career back-up combo PG. Nelson and Redick off of the bench is some 15M in combined salary. And there is still no clear go-to scorer. My feeling is the roster you project is very far from Championship capable.

RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#754 » by RYgoBOOM » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 pm

drsd wrote:

Mo
Nicholson
Vuc

The "best SG" is probably a projected SF in Potter or Bennett. Smart can easily be projected as a career back-up combo PG. Nelson and Redick off of the bench is some 15M in combined salary. And there is still no clear go-to scorer. My feeling is the roster you project is very far from Championship capable.

After watching Shabazz play last night against Arizona, I am 100% sold on him being a great fit with us if we could get him. We need that guy who COULD be a superstar..... Shabazz could be that guy.

To me he seems like the game is slowed down for him as he's always 1 step ahead and on point. Really high bball IQ and amazing motor as well. Watching that game last night made me a believer that he will be that SG/SF combo player that molds into a great player
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#755 » by cedric76 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm

drsd wrote:

Mo
Nicholson
Vuc

The best Sg would be shabbaz or Maclemore

So ur building core would be:

Smart
One of the 2 above
Moe
AN
Vuc

Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#756 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Michael Carter Williams currently shooting 2-12 with 5 turnovers in the FIRST HALF. I don't think it necessarily bears repeating, but I really HATE this guy's game. People talk a lot about how he resembles pre-injury Sean Livingston. I personally think post-injury Livingston is his absolute ceiling. He's a scrub like Reece Gaines was a scrub. I might change my handle to Scinoselttaes if we draft him.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#757 » by blue and white » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Michael Carter Williams currently shooting 2-12 with 5 turnovers in the FIRST HALF. I don't think it necessarily bears repeating, but I really HATE this guy's game. People talk a lot about how he resembles pre-injury Sean Livingston. I personally think post-injury Livingston is his absolute ceiling. He's a scrub like Reece Gaines was a scrub. I might change my handle to Scinoselttaes if we draft him.

completely agree, everytime i watch him im amazed at how terrible he is and how much everyone is talking about him. so hes 6''7' or whatever, who cares if he cant use it to his advantage. the guy will be a total bust
londoncollin
Bench Warmer

Post#758 » by londoncollin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm only half paying attention, but Otto Porter is playing pretty well against Louisville.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#759 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:27 pm

blue and white wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Michael Carter Williams currently shooting 2-12 with 5 turnovers in the FIRST HALF. I don't think it necessarily bears repeating, but I really HATE this guy's game. People talk a lot about how he resembles pre-injury Sean Livingston. I personally think post-injury Livingston is his absolute ceiling. He's a scrub like Reece Gaines was a scrub. I might change my handle to Scinoselttaes if we draft him.

completely agree, everytime i watch him im amazed at how terrible he is and how much everyone is talking about him. so hes 6''7' or whatever, who cares if he cant use it to his advantage. the guy will be a total bust

Of note, #3 seed Syracuse just lost to unranked, 12-7 Villanova behind that very special performance.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
londoncollin
Bench Warmer

Post#760 » by londoncollin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:29 pm

londoncollin wrote:I'm only half paying attention, but Otto Porter is playing pretty well against Louisville.

As I say this he misses a wide open shot.

Oh, but fought for the rebound and got the foul.

Return to Orlando Magic