ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#441 » by KillMonger » Wed Dec 5, 2012 12:30 am

NbaDraft.net Updated Mock Lottery Picks
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#442 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Dec 5, 2012 12:59 am

Bobby Ray wrote:NbaDraft.net Updated Mock Lottery Picks

I'd be cool with being able to pick between McAdoo, Goodwin, McCollum, Mitchell, and Poythress at #8. That's not bad at all for that spot in the draft.

Also, I still think we finish worse than #8. Trade one veteran--any one veteran (well, aside from Harrington)--and we're right back at the bottom. One injury (Redick, Jameer, Davis) puts us there as well.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#443 » by londoncollin » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:06 am

I'd love to be able to draft Goodwin or McCullum
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#444 » by Noonskadoodle » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:47 am

Burke on Big Ten Network....

NC State/Uconn coming up on ESPN. UNLV (Anthony Bennett/Mike Moser) on after.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#445 » by Noonskadoodle » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:50 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mddoxz0Kh6o&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-0MEjdUG2Q[/youtube]
glove1989
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#446 » by glove1989 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 1:52 am

I will admit I have only seen 3-4 Michigan games so far but Glenn Robinson has impressed me. He has good size and I can both shoot and drive and rebound. If he can get a little quicker and pass better I can see him being an SG/SF in the league. Depending on matchup he can play either. I like his versatility as a freshman. Problem is on UM he gets little chance to dribble and control the ball with Burke and Hardaway Jr.
Hail to Pitt!
We Will!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,070

Post#447 » by thelead » Wed Dec 5, 2012 2:10 am

My pick, McLemore, is shooting up the charts :D
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#448 » by BaunceyChillups » Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:11 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:
Bobby Ray wrote:NbaDraft.net Updated Mock Lottery Picks

I'd be cool with being able to pick between McAdoo, Goodwin, McCollum, Mitchell, and Poythress at #8. That's not bad at all for that spot in the draft.

Also, I still think we finish worse than #8. Trade one veteran--any one veteran (well, aside from Harrington)--and we're right back at the bottom. One injury (Redick, Jameer, Davis) puts us there as well.

McAdoo isn't even worth a lottery pick, he's been absolutely terrible this year. He still might be an okay rotation player but I doubt he'll even be a starter at the next level.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#449 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:12 am

Like it or not the best pick for this team is Noel.

And I dont really like the prospect but, it's the need right now, defense and motor from Center position that could affect the whole team effort.

An SF could be nice too, I'd like to pick between Noel and Poythress.

NBADraft.net are nuts, there's no way Poythress fall out of the top5.
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#450 » by nicnac215 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:34 am

Fischella wrote:Like it or not the best pick for this team is Noel.

And I dont really like the prospect but, it's the need right now, defense and motor from Center position that could affect the whole team effort.

I think a sg is needed more than a sf. We most likely will not have jj and aa next season, so a sg like Archie Goodwin would be a good player to draft.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man

Post#451 » by BaunceyChillups » Wed Dec 5, 2012 3:51 am

We need a scorer considering we're at the bottom of the league in offense and with Jameer always being in and out with injuries it's likely gonna be someone like Goodwin or Smart.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#452 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:49 am

I admit you guys are starting to make me buy into Smart and McLemore, i'm just worried if we draft another real young player we're going to wait a while, like we are with Harkless before they can contribute
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#453 » by No-Man » Wed Dec 5, 2012 6:59 am

The problem is no one is a game changer on offense, Afflalo is better than Smart and McLemore, and rigght now I don't see the point on trading him.

Also, Nelson is OK, he needs a strong back-up that's all, actually if we cut Hedo, I'll prefer to grab a SF before a PG/SG.

Poythress would be nice, but unless we finish with a top5 pick, he should be gone, Porter could be an option.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man

Post#454 » by BaunceyChillups » Wed Dec 5, 2012 7:26 am

Afflalo's a decent scorer but his efficiency has taken a big hit this year and it's clear he's best suited in a complimentary scoring role. We need someone who can be a high usage scoring option and I think guys like Goodwin and Smart fit the bill there. Nelson is OK but I really feel but he doesn't penetrate as well as he used to and doesn't draw fouls.

I'm not that big on McLemore but I do like Shabazz, Poythress and Porter as SFs.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,107

Post#455 » by Def Swami » Wed Dec 5, 2012 4:30 pm

This far into the season, none of the players really blow my socks off in the draft. We can get the same quality of player in the 8-10 range that we can get in the 2-4.

I'm not a fan of Archie Goodwin in the college game. He's like all of Russell Westbrook's worst aspects rolled into one player. A hyperbole, but I dislike his reckless play at times.

Noel is a great shot blocker, but he still gets pushed around the paint. He probably wouldn't last in the NBA at his weight.

Where ever we are in the draft, I hope Smart and McLemore falls to our range. I like Smart's potential as a point guard. For a freshman, he's doing a pretty good job leading OKSTs offense. He plays like a senior.

And I haven't seen McLemore play yet, but TheLead knows what he's talking about and he has received exceptionally high praise for his play so I'll take his word for it.

I don't know if I'd take McLemore over Shabazz just yet, because Shabazz is mechanically and fundamentally imo the best offensive player in the draft and he has an excellent motor. But, McLemore's game is nothing to sneeze at and I think he's just now starting to realize his potential. McLemore's athleticism could allow him to be a better player.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,107

Post#456 » by Def Swami » Wed Dec 5, 2012 7:13 pm

Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker are the two top college recruits for the 2013 class.

In terms of their NBA potential, Chad Ford writes that Wiggins is thought of more highly than Parker.

"He'd be the No. 1 pick in 2013 if he were eligible, hands down," writes Ford. "Many scouts feel he's a once or twice a decade type prospect. Gonna be a lot of team jockeying for the No. 1 pick (in 2014)."

Wiggins has yet to make his college decision.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#457 » by drsd » Wed Dec 5, 2012 8:42 pm

Fischella wrote:Also, Nelson is OK, he needs a strong back-up that's all, actually if we cut Hedo, I'll prefer to grab a SF before a PG/SG.

On a draft thread, I do not agree. Orlando MUSTTTT find a young PG to groom for Nelson's replacement. Jameer has 2 or 3 years left: max! THe PG slot takes a long time to master. Orlando must find a starting-capable PG for the future.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,764

Post#458 » by Cammo101 » Wed Dec 5, 2012 9:00 pm

Marcus Smart makes a ton of sense for us. Sadly, right now we are playing too well to draft him.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#459 » by drsd » Wed Dec 5, 2012 10:03 pm

Cammo101 wrote:Marcus Smart makes a ton of sense for us. Sadly, right now we are playing too well to draft him.

Respectfully, I flat reject this. Orlando is arguably a deep team at the SG slot. Yes GM Hennigan better take BPA. And if BPA is Smart, GM Hennigan better take Mr. Smart.

But this is simply not a need.

Orlando's future at the 2 and the 4 really are not worth a complex discussion, in my opinion.

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#460 » by KillMonger » Wed Dec 5, 2012 10:17 pm

Marcus Smart is a combo guard and while i don't know the percentage of time he plays both spots from what i've seen he plays more PG than SG and his mentality is more of a PG than SG, he is a playmaker on both ends of the floor. His task from the beginning of the season until the end of this season is to become a better player overall but more specifically to become better at the PG position

Return to Orlando Magic