ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#61 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Ledo going at John Wall & Jameer this past week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jywe5wNDEgM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

I know Shabazz gets all the hype at the 2 position, but this kid is a scoring machine & from watching that video it looked like he played some pretty good D on Wall.

I expect Ledo to light it up at Providence & could very well be a 1 & done & find himself in the lottery next year.

From one scout:
Ledo is arguably the top perimeter scorer in the class. With all the tools one could want in a shooting guard, Ledo's greatest challenge is maintaining his focus and giving a consistent effort.

Some scouts say he is Durant-Like the way he can score the ball & how smooth he looks on the court.

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=028cssb4CKM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8hf5gKmKA[/youtube]
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#62 » by TDJacksonville » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:45 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:
kookie_819 wrote:
If that ends up being the case, then I'm even more disappointed in this upcoming draft :-? Outside of the top 3 in Bazz, Zeller and Noel (and maybe Tony Mitchell, I really like him for some reason), I don't see any of those guys in the 1st round being All-Star players. And there's probably a good chance Cody Zeller will be a 3 or 4 year guy like his brothers. Looks like 2013 is shaping up to be a very weak draft.

maybe this year we trade player rights on draft night. do something like a Mid 1st round Pick this year and a 1st next year :D

Grab one of the PGs and pick up a Possible Lottery Pick 8-)

I just realized, this, would actually be an amazing idea.

I say we take Isiah Austin in the lotto and then trade our picks and what not to go balls deep into next years lotto and hopefully come out with Wiggins or Parker. Unless we get top 3, in which case we go for shabazz imo

only 2 players i want that are worth lottery picks(i mean at our pick which should be within the top 7 are C Adams and Bazz. other than that i say we go out and acquire more picks for next years draft and so on till we find a Player we like at the right value.

my scenario would be do something like our Pick(if we have to make a choice we ask X team who they want. we then tell the other team when the other teams pick is up we want X player. i would probably say one of the Point Guards would be good value around 15-20 especially considering Jameers Age and contract. sure we need players that have some bigger contracts to reach the Cap Floor but we can groom the point guard for a year or 2 and then boom we get a young good team.

im starting to think Henny might target Ian Miller from FSU to be our Westbrook. we got our ibaka. Affalo can be Sefo. wiggins would be our Durant. all that would be missing is our harden and Perkins(i dont think any of the Bigs we have are going to be like a Perkins.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
ChildishGambino
Banned User
And1: 48

Post#63 » by ChildishGambino » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:Ledo going at John Wall & Jameer this past week.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jywe5wNDEgM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

I know Shabazz gets all the hype at the 2 position, but this kid is a scoring machine & from watching that video it looked like he played some pretty good D on Wall.

I expect Ledo to light it up at Providence & could very well be a 1 & done & find himself in the lottery next year.

From one scout:
Ledo is arguably the top perimeter scorer in the class. With all the tools one could want in a shooting guard, Ledo's greatest challenge is maintaining his focus and giving a consistent effort.

Some scouts say he is Durant-Like the way he can score the ball & how smooth he looks on the court.

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=028cssb4CKM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8hf5gKmKA[/youtube]

looks like a baller man....but did anyone catch Jameer in the video at around the 1:56 mark?
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,026

Post#64 » by dsg2021 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Maybe Jameer will put in a good word for Ledo to the Magic. Looks like a legit scoring prospect.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#65 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:24 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:looks like a baller man....but did anyone catch Jameer in the video at around the 1:56 mark?

I knew he looked familiar with someone making a jumper over him.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 am

Dario Saric is a 18 year old stud over in Croatia.

Couple reports on him:

Has a unique combination of size and skill. At 6,10 Saric has the skills of a guard including great court vision and passing ability. Has a consistent shot with range out to three point land and a high release point. Plays with great awareness and has an advanced understanding of the game.

Can score in a variety of ways and shows nice post moves and ability to score in the lane. Not the quickest player off the dribble but uses fakes well to gain an advantage and can surprise with his moves to the rim.

Joins a long list of up and coming Croatian players that should make their mark in the NBA in the coming years.

At the Nike Hoop Summit this year:

Dario Saric(13 pt., 14 reb., 5 ast.)-The Croatian returned to the event and didn’t disappoint with his play. Saric is a skilled stretch four who was the best passer on the floor. He sees the court extremely well and always has his eyes up looking for open teammates. He’s a risk taker passing the ball and will make some careless deliveries through the defense, but more often than not will drop a dime that leaves you in awe. He’s also skilled off the dribble, showing off a fantastic crossover and aggressively driving to the basket. Has a stroke from midrange and NBA 3-point distance. Rebounded the ball extremely well, as shown by his 14 rebounds, and made a strong case as a first round prospect should he declare in the near future.

When he was 17:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBPRG04fqKY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

He plays like a Royce White, but has a much better shot & better passing skills. Def keep your eyes out for him in the future. Should be a first round pick if he declares next draft.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:46 am

^^^imo hes more Peja than Royce. BTW he will be Lucky to get pick 20. dude not coming over for a few years
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 am

TDJacksonville wrote:^^^imo hes more Peja than Royce. BTW he will be Lucky to get pick 20. dude not coming over for a few years

Peja? Not even close haha.

He is 18 so of course he wont actually come over for a couple years, but when he does he will be an impactful player in the NBA. He has received similar hype as Rubio at a young age (obviously not as much, but certainly more than 95% of players overseas).

Somebody will take him late lotto mid first & let him continue to add muscle & grow as a player overseas before bringing him over.
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#69 » by ChildishGambino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:04 am

Wait a minute i could be wrong but didn't Harkless and Ledo go to the same high school? South Kent? hmmmmm....if so that's an interesting connection....maybe Harkless will put in a good word.....Ledo and Jameer seemingly playing in a Reebok facility? another Magic connection.....coincidence? lol
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 572

Post#70 » by MasterGMer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:18 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:^^^imo hes more Peja than Royce. BTW he will be Lucky to get pick 20. dude not coming over for a few years

He is 18 so of course he wont actually come over for a couple years, but when he does he will be an impactful player in the NBA. He has received similar hype as Rubio at a young age (obviously not as much, but certainly more than 95% of players overseas).

Somebody will take him late lotto mid first & let him continue to add muscle & grow as a player overseas before bringing him over.

imo I was thinking he would be a top 5 pick watching the video. Very very unique talent. More like Dirk Nowitzki but one can dribble.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:

i wanst even using his age as the reason., i was using his New Contract plus Most of the Mocks out have Saric Out of the Lottery. He cant defend Most Sfs because he lacks quickness.

hes not royce white and u can sig that up butt. Whites a Undersized 4 with passing skills like Anthony Mason.
Saric looks like a Hedo offensively and defensively he cant handle guarding NBA caliber Wings.
ive seen a comparison to Mike Dunleavy as well whos a SF who doesnt have and quicks. U seem to be Overating him a Bit. Id rather take the Point Forward Fresh from UCLA over him.

hes not going to be as good as lebron and Personally if i had to choose between Wiggins and Him id take wiggins all day
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#72 » by ChildishGambino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:28 am

Ricardo Ledo wasn't even on my radar man and so far he passes my eye test....dude has talent and i can definitely see why he gets the hype....smooth game....man i'll tell you what this thread is getting me hyped enough to actually watch the NCAA season this year and i barely watch any college games only the Final Four.....Now i somewhat have some personal stock in some of these prospects and i want to see them play....
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:55 am

ChildishGambino wrote:Ricardo Ledo wasn't even on my radar man and so far he passes my eye test....dude has talent and i can definitely see why he gets the hype....smooth game....man i'll tell you what this thread is getting me hyped enough to actually watch the NCAA season this year and i barely watch any college games only the Final Four.....Now i somewhat have some personal stock in some of these prospects and i want to see them play....

Hell yea haha I can't wait for college ball.

Ledo is such a gifted scorer & he obviously has tools to become a very good defender as well.

As of right now he has an eligibility issue with NCAA along with Rodney Purvis & Shabazz Muhammad but I expect all 3 to be cleared to play.

Talking about their eligibility :

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... ncaab.html
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 am

ChildishGambino wrote:Ricardo Ledo wasn't even on my radar man and so far he passes my eye test....dude has talent and i can definitely see why he gets the hype....smooth game....man i'll tell you what this thread is getting me hyped enough to actually watch the NCAA season this year and i barely watch any college games only the Final Four.....Now i somewhat have some personal stock in some of these prospects and i want to see them play....

Got this from another poster regarding Ledo:

I saw some full game videos of Ledo in high school and I was blown away. He's so freaking talented. Great ballhandler, shooting form, quickness, shot arsenal and most surprising of all, based on the gunner rep I had read about, he is an amazing passer. I think he's the most talented offensive player in his class. So fun to watch.

From ESPN:

Ledo could be the most talented offensive player in the 2012 class. He can score from anywhere on the floor, but his signature move is his step-back, off-the-dribble shot from behind the arc. He knows how to create space and rise up over defenders when he gets in the paint. He can stop on a dime and pull up or continue all the way to get an old-fashioned 3-point play. He is ideal for isolations and when the clock is winding down because he is always ready to score. However, he's going to have to prove he can play with his teammates by not freezing them out on the court and show he can be mature off the floor.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Both Marc and Pau Gasol are successful NBA stars, yet believe it or not there is a third brother, Adria Gasol.

Reports have surfaced that Adria intends to become the second Gasol to play basketball in Los Angeles this season, joining his brother Pau, Adria is reportedly set to walk-on to the team at UCLA.

The youngest Gasol however, was not allows keen on being able to follow in his brothers’ foot steps. Adria played sparingly at a high school in Memphis as a freshman and sophomore before returning to Spain.

Now, the 6-foot-10 big man is back in the United States and his expectations at UCLA should certainly be taken into account.

Sure, the youngest brother may not be as skilled and his potential may not be as high, but given his size and bloodlines, there’s no reason why Adria can’t find a niche with the Bruins, despite being labeled as a walk-on.

While only time will tell, UCLA head coach Ben Howland could just be getting a diamond in the rough if Gasol turns out to be even a fraction of his older brothers.
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#76 » by ChildishGambino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:

I saw some full game videos of Ledo in high school and I was blown away. He's so freaking talented. Great ballhandler, shooting form, quickness, shot arsenal and most surprising of all, based on the gunner rep I had read about, he is an amazing passer. I think he's the most talented offensive player in his class. So fun to watch.

From ESPN:

Ledo could be the most talented offensive player in the 2012 class. He can score from anywhere on the floor, but his signature move is his step-back, off-the-dribble shot from behind the arc. He knows how to create space and rise up over defenders when he gets in the paint. He can stop on a dime and pull up or continue all the way to get an old-fashioned 3-point play. He is ideal for isolations and when the clock is winding down because he is always ready to score. However, he's going to have to prove he can play with his teammates by not freezing them out on the court and show he can be mature off the floor.

Maybe he could be our guy....let's see how he does in college
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:
Noonskadoodle wrote:

From ESPN:

Maybe he could be our guy....let's see how he does in college
if he shows to be Mature off the court then i dont see a Problem with it but that might really mess up the Harkless/Wiggins combo :(
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#78 » by ChildishGambino » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 pm

to be honest man i don't really see how we can get Wiggins unless we somehow obtain a high lottery pick for the 2014 draft.....we'll suck this season and maybe have a shot at Shabazz or Ledo but i don't know if we'll suck bad enough in 2014
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by TDJacksonville » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:to be honest man i don't really see how we can get Wiggins unless we somehow obtain a high lottery pick for the 2014 draft.....we'll suck this season and maybe have a shot at Shabazz or Ledo but i don't know if we'll suck bad enough in 2014

oh the powers of Stern. he will give us it because of the whole Dwight drama :wink:
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#80 » by ChildishGambino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Je1ZPQ24h4[/youtube]
He's becoming one of my favorites right now....6"2 point guard....Playing for Kentucky this season so that puts them on the must watch list for me....he'll be there along with Nerlens i believe.....calipari says Ryan best skills is his 1on1 breakdown ability.... apparently no one can guard him 1on1 but it's not only that he has good vision and has a little bounce....couple problems though....From what i read he has to become a better distributor as he is sometimes caught trying to do too much Calipari wants to work on that.....second problem is he's really on the thin side...he needs to put on some muscle it will also help him defensively.....Nbadraft.net has him in the lottery currently but of course this is before the season so....grain of salt....some reason he's reminding me of Steve Francis with the handles....

Return to Orlando Magic