ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#81 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:21 am

ChildishGambino wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Je1ZPQ24h4[/youtube]
He's becoming one of my favorites right now....6"2 point guard....Playing for Kentucky this season so that puts them on the must watch list for me....he'll be there along with Nerlens i believe.....calipari says Ryan best skills is his 1on1 breakdown ability.... apparently no one can guard him 1on1 but it's not only that he has good vision and has a little bounce....couple problems though....From what i read he has to become a better distributor as he is sometimes caught trying to do too much Calipari wants to work on that.....second problem is he's really on the thin side...he needs to put on some muscle it will also help him defensively.....Nbadraft.net has him in the lottery currently but of course this is before the season so....grain of salt....some reason he's reminding me of Steve Francis with the handles....

Yea Ill def be keeping a close eye on him.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#82 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:29 am

IMPRESSIVE video of Dario Saric from this past week leading his Croatia team to the U18 European Championship.

Saric scored 39 points in the title game and averaged 25.6 points 10.1 boards 3.3 assists 1.8 steals 1.6 blocks in the tourney. Guy has a very high upside & continues to add muscle to his frame.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqpjnuUvqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach
And1: 242

Post#83 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:52 am

ChildishGambino wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Je1ZPQ24h4[/youtube]
He's becoming one of my favorites right now....6"2 point guard....Playing for Kentucky this season so that puts them on the must watch list for me....he'll be there along with Nerlens i believe.....calipari says Ryan best skills is his 1on1 breakdown ability.... apparently no one can guard him 1on1 but it's not only that he has good vision and has a little bounce....couple problems though....From what i read he has to become a better distributor as he is sometimes caught trying to do too much Calipari wants to work on that.....second problem is he's really on the thin side...he needs to put on some muscle it will also help him defensively.....Nbadraft.net has him in the lottery currently but of course this is before the season so....grain of salt....some reason he's reminding me of Steve Francis with the handles....

stopped Looking when u said 6 foot 2. Draft Express has him listed at 5 foot 11 which seems more Consistant with eveything. Schools Websites tend to Exagerate a Players size. was listed reportedly 6 foot coming out of Highschool according to ESPN.

NBA Draft Net Says he is 6 foot 1 so stands to me he is 6 foot to 6 foot 1
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#84 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:54 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:IMPRESSIVE video of Dario Saric from this past week leading his Croatia team to the U18 European Championship.

Saric scored 39 points in the title game and averaged 25.6 points 10.1 boards 3.3 assists 1.8 steals 1.6 blocks in the tourney. Guy has a very high upside & continues to add muscle to his frame.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqpjnuUvqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

he will get exposed in the 1 on 1 drills for draft Prospects. he will show he cant handle Guarding NBA Caliber SFs or PFs with his Lack of speed and quickness at SF and his Lack of size at PF
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
ChildishGambino
Banned User
And1: 48

Post#85 » by ChildishGambino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:59 am

TDJacksonville wrote:

stopped Looking when u said 6 foot 2. Draft Express has him listed at 5 foot 11 which seems more Consistant with eveything. Schools Websites tend to Exagerate a Players size. was listed reportedly 6 foot coming out of Highschool according to ESPN.

NBA Draft Net Says he is 6 foot 1 so stands to me he is 6 foot to 6 foot 1

not that it really matters but i've read on certain forums about people that has seen him as recent as last month saying he's about 6"1-6"2.....Kentucky site has him at 6"2 and from what i hear they take training camp measurements for those....but like you said it could be exaggerated....still doesn't make a difference to me imo.....his talent is what caught my eye not his height......
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:01 am

TDJacksonville wrote:
Noonskadoodle wrote:IMPRESSIVE video of Dario Saric from this past week leading his Croatia team to the U18 European Championship.

he will get exposed in the 1 on 1 drills for draft Prospects. he will show he cant handle Guarding NBA Caliber SFs or PFs with his Lack of speed and quickness at SF and his Lack of size at PF

He is 18 freaking years old lol (wont be 19 til April) he has plenty of time to add muscle to his frame, which he has already started doing.

Hell he is already 6'10" & about 225-230 & still growing.

He will def be a lottery pick.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:01 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote:

He is 18 freaking years old lol (wont be 19 til April) he has plenty of time to add muscle to his frame, which he has already started doing.

Hell he is already 6'10" & about 225-230 & still growing.

He will def be a lottery pick.
ya he still has time to grow and what not but the case and matter is no teams gonan pick him till 15 or later.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by Noonskadoodle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:25 am

TDJacksonville wrote: ya he still has time to grow and what not but the case and matter is no teams gonan pick him till 15 or later.

LMAO you say that like its a foregone conclusion.

I think Ill still stick to my own opinion & what other people have been saying about him.
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:
TDJacksonville wrote: ya he still has time to grow and what not but the case and matter is no teams gonan pick him till 15 or later.

LMAO you say that like its a foregone conclusion.

I think Ill still stick to my own opinion & what other people have been saying about him.
it is a forgone Conclusion. if a Dirk replica can go 20 then a Toni Kucok replica doesnt go lottery. ill make a SIG Bet regarding that 8-)
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#90 » by ChildishGambino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 am

i'll be the witness on that bet lol
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#91 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Pretty impressed with the type of player Isiah Austin could become.

Snag a PG in the top 20, grab Austin and then maybe run with

Kabongo
Harden
Harkless
Nicholson
Austin/Adams/Noel/Zeller.

Tons of youth and a "quick" rebuild
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#92 » by ChildishGambino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Kabongo seems to be falling on big boards i see....there are Point Guards better than him we can snag
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#93 » by drsd » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Teams do not draft franchise PGs in the 20s (except when Orlando traded for Nelson's rights, of course!). I would rather see our Magic trade Al Harrington and a couple of their newly acquired low firsts for the rights to Kendall Marshall. He looks to real to ignore; in my opinion.
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#94 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:31 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:Kabongo seems to be falling on big boards i see....there are Point Guards better than him we can snag

Ya this is one of the first years I am truly excited for college basketball lol.

Wonder who will pan out to be the top 5 PGs

because regardless of our direction I DEFF see us snagging a PG with 1 of our first picks.

Chris Walker the UF PF looks solid too
www.TheAutoSkin.com

ChildishGambino
Banned User

Post#95 » by ChildishGambino » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:46 pm

drsd wrote:Teams do not draft franchise PGs in the 20s (except when Orlando traded for Nelson's rights, of course!). I would rather see our Magic trade Al Harrington and a couple of their newly acquired low firsts for the rights to Kendall Marshall. He looks to real to ignore; in my opinion.

real?....he looked like real trash in the summer league......plenty of PG's in this draft that are better with higher potential....
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:54 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:Kabongo seems to be falling on big boards i see....there are Point Guards better than him we can snag

kabongo was low to start with and hasnt risen yet because of no games played. let him play a few games and do his thing to see if hes a good PG.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

drsd wrote:Teams do not draft franchise PGs in the 20s (except when Orlando traded for Nelson's rights, of course!). I would rather see our Magic trade Al Harrington and a couple of their newly acquired low firsts for the rights to Kendall Marshall. He looks to real to ignore; in my opinion.
the same marshall who looked slow, couldnt hit a shot, and not play good defense.

i question ur sanity just with saying we can trade harrington and a few first for him when he aint half as good the PGs coming out it appears. i mean if we gonna trade for a PG atleast trade for one that has Shooting ability, Passing ability, Speed, and some solid defense.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:58 pm

ChildishGambino wrote:

real?....he looked like real trash in the summer league......plenty of PG's in this draft that are better with higher potential....
idk about better. His Vision and Passing skills are like no one else. too bad he aint got athleticism to be a decent defender and a shot.
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#99 » by RYgoBOOM » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Kendall Marshall is horrible

I'd rather have Jameer than him lol And I really dislike us having jameer!
www.TheAutoSkin.com

TDJacksonville
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by TDJacksonville » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:06 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:

Kendall Marshall is horrible

I'd rather have Jameer than him lol And I really dislike us having jameer!
marshall is definitely a better passer than Jameer :wink:
Trailblazers
PG:
SG:
F:
F:
C:
Wzajan89 @ gmail . com

Return to Orlando Magic