ImageImageImageImage

Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: Official Draft Thread: Prospects Watch 

Post#201 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Zeller at Hoosier madness. Got a little bit bigger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw-cqqyn7PA&feature=g-u-u[/youtube]

UK Midnight Madness

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDER-JUP-g[/youtube]
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#202 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:24 pm

We know all about Ricardo Ledos scoring ability & how he may be the best in the class at that but my GOODNESS he has some serious athletic ability as well.....sucks he cant play this year.

Comes in at about 1:10 mark in midnight madness video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9rs4CFIAJ0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#203 » by Hogified05 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 am

Ok bare with me here. Being that we are going suck now, it does one thing, it gets me super excited for the draft and evaluating college players. I have a dream scenario to build through the draft like the Supersonics (refuse to call them the Thunder). Free agency won't help unless we get a big time stud, otherwise just add some solid players and save the cap for the draft. Anyways here is my dream scenario.

~Grab Zeller with one of the top picks in 2013.
~Grab either Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins in 2014.
~Use a mid 1st rounder or late lotto in one of the two upcoming drafts on a PG.

Zeller- I think he will be extremely steady, reliable center for a decade and a half. Doesn't need to play explosively which will add longevity to his career. I see him around 15-22 ppg and 8-10 boards per game when he gets to his prime. For a center in the league that is awesome. Plus he seems like he wouldn't jump ship and has a good head on his shoulder. We will see how he plays at Indiana with the added expectations this season. Noel could be better, but he seems like he could be a diva center and I've had my fill of those thank you.

Parker/Wiggins- Obviously just going on speculation and potential here. But the little i have seen, highlight tapes and a few games, both look like a franchise changer. Parker looks like he could be a point forward type in the vein of Lebron except less athletic. Wiggins just looks like a pure scoring freak. I think Wiggins potential has a higher ceiling so I'd prefer him and with Zeller as he'd be a better 2nd option then 1st I believe. Of course they both have their flaws, one is Canadian and the other Mormon. (I tease I tease relax)

PG~ Some names and why
Ray McCallom - Has the body and above average athleticism. Undervalued because he played at a small school for his father
Cj McCollom - Big body more of a two guard. Would have to learn PG, would be a scoring PG.
Aaron Craft - Could nab him in 2nd round. Can't shoot a lick. Great leader adequate passer can improve. Good leader, great attitude and one of the best on ball defenders I have ever seen.
Kasey Hill - Looks to be as explosive as DRose, still early being a Gator fan I'll have plenty of chances to evaluate him next year. Plus he is an Orlando Kid. ;)

C-Zeller
PF- Nicholson (looked good tonight vs spurs)
SF - FA Vetern maybe (would love Parsons, contract is up in 3 years, has looked good and he loves Otown)
SG - Wiggins/Parker
PG- Nelson/Draft Pick (have Nelson integrate young pg and slide to bench)

This of course is all a dream and fully expect them to do something different ha. But had to get that off my chest. We will see what happens I suppose, just don't F it up if we get high picks!
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#204 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 am

FSU's Ian Miller fits the Russell Westbrook mold. If he shines with the increase in minutes this season, I could see him skyrocketing come draft night.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#205 » by Noonskadoodle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 pm

FINALLY A LEGIT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO OF ZO BROWN! :D

Most likely will be the number 1 point taken in the draft next year & gives you the flexibility to slide him over to the 2 spot with his height & shooting ability.

If we are going into a fast paced offense this guy is a perfect fit at PG for us. Loves pushing the ball & is extremely good at it. Is a great passer & a very capable shooter, plus creates mismatch problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... L3VW7LoFrQ

(wont let me embed video :()
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#206 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:FINALLY A LEGIT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO OF ZO BROWN! :D

Most likely will be the number 1 point taken in the draft next year & gives you the flexibility to slide him over to the 2 spot with his height & shooting ability.

If we are going into a fast paced offense this guy is a perfect fit at PG for us. Loves pushing the ball & is extremely good at it. Is a great passer & a very capable shooter, plus creates mismatch problems.

Sold!
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#207 » by Noonskadoodle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:

Sold!

Yea if you follow him this season you will fall in love with his play. He does pretty much EVERYTHING well, & he is STILL learning the PG position.

I expect some big time numbers from him this season & wouldn't be surprised if he led the nation in assists.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#208 » by InFlames » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 pm

He looks legit.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#209 » by Noonskadoodle » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:51 pm

#1 baller in Class of 2014...is now #1 in Class of 2013....obviously was only a matter of time

Andrew Wiggins profile and videos: http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/20 ... ss-of.html

Andrew Wiggins will reclassify as a member of the 2013 class.

Wiggins is considering Kentucky and Florida State.

Wiggins could then become eligible for the 2014 NBA Draft should he declare after his freshman season.
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#210 » by InFlames » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:#1 baller in Class of 2014...is now #1 in Class of 2013....obviously was only a matter of time

Andrew Wiggins profile and videos: http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/20 ... ss-of.html

Andrew Wiggins will reclassify as a member of the 2013 class.

Wiggins is considering Kentucky and Florida State.

Wiggins could then become eligible for the 2014 NBA Draft should he declare after his freshman season.

Would be amazing if he chose FSU.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#211 » by magicman123 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:41 pm

FSU? Play for a real team like the Gators
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#212 » by londoncollin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:33 pm

FSU! Do it, buddy.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#213 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Hahaha, Wiggins on FSU would be absurd.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#214 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:50 am

2014 is the draft to have a high pick in no question, looks like a strong draft
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VWr6UPcnUM

Already adding a post game....

SO.MUCH.POTENTIAL!
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#216 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:18 pm

If Monta Ellis & Russ Westbrook had a baby this is what you would get, he is EXTREMELY QUICK:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnt9jUw3yM&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Not the biggest fan of his, but if he can learn how to play the PG position & showcase that this year he would take a major leap in next years draft.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#217 » by Noonskadoodle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Otto Porter is a guy who does everything well, but gets no love because he has ZERO flash to his game. This guy would excel in an offense that isn't selfish & has a lot of cutting involved. He kinda reminds me of Batum, except Batum has more range.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKl98IkCWg&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Tell me he wouldn't be the EXACT kind of player the Spurs would draft? HAHAHA
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#218 » by Magic#1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Hogified05 wrote:Ok bare with me here. Being that we are going suck now, it does one thing, it gets me super excited for the draft and evaluating college players. I have a dream scenario to build through the draft like the Supersonics (refuse to call them the Thunder). Free agency won't help unless we get a big time stud, otherwise just add some solid players and save the cap for the draft. Anyways here is my dream scenario.

~Grab Zeller with one of the top picks in 2013.
~Grab either Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins in 2014.
~Use a mid 1st rounder or late lotto in one of the two upcoming drafts on a PG.

Zeller- I think he will be extremely steady, reliable center for a decade and a half. Doesn't need to play explosively which will add longevity to his career. I see him around 15-22 ppg and 8-10 boards per game when he gets to his prime. For a center in the league that is awesome. Plus he seems like he wouldn't jump ship and has a good head on his shoulder. We will see how he plays at Indiana with the added expectations this season. Noel could be better, but he seems like he could be a diva center and I've had my fill of those thank you.

Parker/Wiggins- Obviously just going on speculation and potential here. But the little i have seen, highlight tapes and a few games, both look like a franchise changer. Parker looks like he could be a point forward type in the vein of Lebron except less athletic. Wiggins just looks like a pure scoring freak. I think Wiggins potential has a higher ceiling so I'd prefer him and with Zeller as he'd be a better 2nd option then 1st I believe. Of course they both have their flaws, one is Canadian and the other Mormon. (I tease I tease relax)

PG~ Some names and why
Ray McCallom - Has the body and above average athleticism. Undervalued because he played at a small school for his father
Cj McCollom - Big body more of a two guard. Would have to learn PG, would be a scoring PG.
Aaron Craft - Could nab him in 2nd round. Can't shoot a lick. Great leader adequate passer can improve. Good leader, great attitude and one of the best on ball defenders I have ever seen.
Kasey Hill - Looks to be as explosive as DRose, still early being a Gator fan I'll have plenty of chances to evaluate him next year. Plus he is an Orlando Kid. ;)

C-Zeller
PF- Nicholson (looked good tonight vs spurs)
SF - FA Vetern maybe (would love Parsons, contract is up in 3 years, has looked good and he loves Otown)
SG - Wiggins/Parker
PG- Nelson/Draft Pick (have Nelson integrate young pg and slide to bench)

This of course is all a dream and fully expect them to do something different ha. But had to get that off my chest. We will see what happens I suppose, just don't F it up if we get high picks!

I love this potential plan. I do think if we have the chance, we will definitely look hard at Zeller. I'd love Shabazz, but he seems like he's made to play the two guard and we have Afflalo. We'll see what type of season we have and what type of season these guys have. Anthony Davis wasn't the No.1 pick a year ago, so we've still got a ways to go. That roster is possible and could be a contender for a long time.
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#219 » by blue and white » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:If Monta Ellis & Russ Westbrook had a baby this is what you would get, he is EXTREMELY QUICK:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnt9jUw3yM&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Not the biggest fan of his, but if he can learn how to play the PG position & showcase that this year he would take a major leap in next years draft.

Really like BJ I thought of monta ellis as soon as I saw this. my one real gripe is hes short for a sg and i dont think he has the instincts to play pg but man is he lightning quick
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#220 » by blue and white » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:Otto Porter is a guy who does everything well, but gets no love because he has ZERO flash to his game. This guy would excel in an offense that isn't selfish & has a lot of cutting involved. He kinda reminds me of Batum, except Batum has more range.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKl98IkCWg&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Tell me he wouldn't be the EXACT kind of player the Spurs would draft? HAHAHA

I see him as a good complimentary piece to a championship team which is why hed work perfect on the spurs but right now I think were in need of a franchise player and i dont see that in him right now

Return to Orlando Magic