ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#121 » by tiderulz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:Looking at the college football landscape, as bad as Florida's offense has been, I don't think any other team can be #2. Florida has played a rather tough schedule and has won their games, pretty or not. And the Florida defense is one of the best in the country. I think Florida will beat South Carolina and Georgia, setting up a huge match up in Tally toward the end of the season.

have they really played that tough a schedule? LSU victory was great, but who else is a signature win?

dont get wrong, you can say that same thing for my Bama team.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#122 » by craig01 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

I think that South Carolina will be coming in with a vengeance.

I would expect that the gamecocks will eke out a win.....I don't know yet if UF has a passing game yet.....

Should be fun to watch
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#123 » by Def Swami » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:48 am

OrlandO wrote:I strongly disagree with the strength of schedule. LSU is the only notable victory imo. Kentucky, Tennessee, Bowling Green and Vanderbilt all suck this year. Texas A&M is average in my eyes... they'll need to prove their SEC worth by making the LSU/Bama games competitive. Anyway, FL is going to have to finish their season before they can brag about strength of schedule imo.

But that's partly my point. What other team in that top 10 has had great signature wins or even played a tougher schedule? In relation to the teams in the top of the crop, I don't know who else you put there at the moment. As it stands this week, FL has the best signature win of the year against LSU and has won their road games. Hence, why I believe the BCS has FL at #2.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#124 » by Def Swami » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 am

tiderulz wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:Looking at the college football landscape, as bad as Florida's offense has been, I don't think any other team can be #2. Florida has played a rather tough schedule and has won their games, pretty or not. And the Florida defense is one of the best in the country. I think Florida will beat South Carolina and Georgia, setting up a huge match up in Tally toward the end of the season.

have they really played that tough a schedule? LSU victory was great, but who else is a signature win?

dont get wrong, you can say that same thing for my Bama team.

Right, you can say that about Alabama. You can say that about a lot of the teams at the top of the crop. I don't think other teams, as well as Alabama and Florida, are deep enough into their schedules to make real assessments on them. But as it currently stands, with their win against LSU, and ones against mediocre teams on the road, it propels them to that spot.

The only other team I think that has a case is K-State with their win against Oklahoma. But again, comparing the schedule, I give the edge to FLA.

I do see the logic in putting FL at #2 for the time being. Whether they're a strong team that deserves or will receive a shot at a national title is a whole other story.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#125 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Anybody see Corso put the Gator head on & start to do the Florida St chop on accident like an idiot? hahaha
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#126 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:43 pm

nobody is saying Florida has had a killer schedule, but come on, they beat a #3 Lsu team, they beat a Texas A&M team that is now ranked 18th, and they beat a Tennessee team that was ranked at the time (although not great)

that is better than Alabama's and Oregon's weak schedule to this point, and its better than any team around them in the standings, thats what people mean

Florida still has their toughest games coming up, and they wont win out anyways..but the've had one of the harder schedules so far
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:50 pm

OSU STILL UNDEFEATED!!!

Hope Braxton isnt seriously injured, but when you have to leave the game in an ambulance its never a good sign.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#128 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:54 pm

roughing the snapper, GTFO

and another BS call

gators 7, refs 3...lets go
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#129 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:12 pm

magicman123 wrote:roughing the snapper, GTFO

and another BS call

Terrible calls on that drive. We should've had it on the 50!
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#130 » by craig01 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:OSU STILL UNDEFEATED!!!

Hope Braxton isnt seriously injured, but when you have to leave the game in an ambulance its never a good sign.

That didn't look good

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#131 » by craig01 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 pm

arsenal6106 wrote:
magicman123 wrote:roughing the snapper, GTFO

and another BS call

Terrible calls on that drive. We should've had it on the 50!

Hard hitting game......I hope Mizzou fans are watching some old man football

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:55 pm

craig01 wrote:
Noonskadoodle wrote:OSU STILL UNDEFEATED!!!

That didn't look good

Yea & the fact that OSU wouldn't even comment on his injury at all really worries me. I honestly couldn't tell if it was his head, neck, shoulder, chest, or ribs.

Scary stuff
magicman123
RealGM

Post#133 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:03 pm

looks like braxton got a concussion with a separated shoulder or broken clavicle, i dunno, but i hope hes alright, been a fan of him for awhile
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#134 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 pm

magicman123 wrote:looks like braxton got a concussion with a separated shoulder or broken clavicle, i dunno, but i hope hes alright, been a fan of him for awhile

You read/hear that somewhere?
magicman123
RealGM

Post#135 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:
magicman123 wrote:looks like braxton got a concussion with a separated shoulder or broken clavicle, i dunno, but i hope hes alright, been a fan of him for awhile

You read/hear that somewhere?

no, just saying thats what it looked like, sorry
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#136 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Yea my initial though was clavicle. I broke that before & when it happened I could barely walk or stand up straight, exactly the way Braxton looked.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Ohio State News ‏@bucksinsider
According to Eddie George's sources, Braxton suffered a concussion. Cat scan came back negative. MRI still in progress.

Brandon Castel ‏@BCastOZone
Latest I'm hearing is a head and chest injury for Braxton Miller, but nothing confirmed as of yet. Even Urban didn't know for sure.

People STILL have no clue
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Eleven Warriors‏@11W
RT @BCastOZone Eddie George on FOX said his sources at OSU told him a CAT scan was negative on Braxton Miller, getting a MRI now.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:47 pm

@FOXSportsOH
Braxton Miller has been declared "symptom-free" and will be released from the hospital in a moment.

GREAT NEWS!!!
magicman123
RealGM

Post#140 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 pm

OrlandO wrote:I strongly disagree with the strength of schedule. LSU is the only notable victory imo. Kentucky, Tennessee, Bowling Green and Vanderbilt all suck this year. Texas A&M is average in my eyes... they'll need to prove their SEC worth by making the LSU/Bama games competitive. Anyway, FL is going to have to finish their season before they can brag about strength of schedule imo.

does this count as another notable victory? how many teams have beaten 2 top 7 teams this season?.
(#3, #7, #23, A&M ranked 18th) A&M proved their worth again today, should of beaten LSU but they beat themselves

next weeks game against Georgia is going to be HUGE and will determine the SEC east, 1 game at a time

Return to Orlando Magic