ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#141 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 pm

I can't wait to tailgate next week. Go Gators!
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#142 » by OrlandO » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:52 pm

magicman123 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:I strongly disagree with the strength of schedule. LSU is the only notable victory imo. Kentucky, Tennessee, Bowling Green and Vanderbilt all suck this year. Texas A&M is average in my eyes... they'll need to prove their SEC worth by making the LSU/Bama games competitive. Anyway, FL is going to have to finish their season before they can brag about strength of schedule imo.

does this count as another notable victory? how many teams have beaten 2 top 7 teams this season?.
(#3, #7, #23, A&M ranked 18th) A&M proved their worth again today, should of beaten LSU but they beat themselves

next weeks game against Georgia is going to be HUGE and will determine the SEC east, 1 game at a time

Of course, this is a huge win even without taking into account SC's ranking. I thought this would be the game where their lack of offense would bite them in the ass, but the defense was just too ridiculous. If they can beat GA next they'll move much closer to looking like the real deal. Like I said before, they need to finish out much of their schedule / keep beating good teams before earning their ranking. They aren't at the point where they're like Bama where you don't question it at all. And I still don't see them beating bama. Not yet. Third straight game of less than 100 yards passing... There needs to be some growth on the offensive end between now and the end of the regular season. It's not like in years past where they were impressive on both sides of the ball. Still, my expectations are growing with each win. You don't even want to know what I thought at the beginning of the season.

And I still refuse to give TA&M credit... they didn't hurt their worth, but they aren't getting my full SEC respect that easily. At this point, I'm starting to think LSU was completely overrated from the start and has been exposed in multiple games. I'm curious to see how A&M will play against Bama though. That could finally sell me.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#143 » by Def Swami » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 am

Go Gators!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#144 » by magicman123 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:13 am

lol they still haven't earned their ranking, yet Alabama, Oregon, and Kansas State have...

Not saying Florida is better than bama and the ducks, but if any team has earned it is florida, ugly or not
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Post#145 » by Noonskadoodle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:48 am

Yea I had my doubts about UF but they have shut my ass up. Look impressive & have one hell of a coach.

Looks like this Urban move could be a win/win for UF/OSU

Would be nice to see them play in the Ship again sometime
magicman123
RealGM

Post#146 » by magicman123 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:57 am

FSU vs MIami, its like the Lakers playing the Celtcis, don't like either team...end in a tie
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#147 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 pm

OrlandO wrote:If they can beat GA next they'll move much closer to looking like the real deal. Like I said before, they need to finish out much of their schedule / keep beating good teams before earning their ranking.

Sorry bud, but the facts just don't agree with you.

Alabama has only faced one team that is currently in the BCS top 25 (Michigan, at #22). Florida, on the other hand, has beaten three (LSU at #6, South Carolina at #13, Texas A&M at #20). This is why, with good reason, the computers have Florida at #1.

People see the 7-0 next to "Alabama" and just instinctively write "1" for their ranking. That's fine, I get that, they're 'bama, whatever. But based on what we've seen so far on the field, in terms of quality opponents, there can no longer be any argument. Florida is for real.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#148 » by tiderulz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:
OrlandO wrote:If they can beat GA next they'll move much closer to looking like the real deal. Like I said before, they need to finish out much of their schedule / keep beating good teams before earning their ranking.

Sorry bud, but the facts just don't agree with you.

Alabama has only faced one team that is currently in the BCS top 25 (Michigan, at #22). Florida, on the other hand, has beaten three (LSU at #6, South Carolina at #13, Texas A&M at #20). This is why, with good reason, the computers have Florida at #1.

People see the 7-0 next to "Alabama" and just instinctively write "1" for their ranking. That's fine, I get that, they're 'bama, whatever. But based on what we've seen so far on the field, in terms of quality opponents, there can no longer be any argument. Florida is for real.

as a Bama fan, i completely agree with this. Bama has some rough games coming up, undefeated MSU, LSU and USC (still a tough team), but UF has proven themselves to me.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#149 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:22 pm

tiderulz wrote:as a Bama fan, i completely agree with this. Bama has some rough games coming up, undefeated MSU, LSU and USC (still a tough team), but UF has proven themselves to me.

I appreciate your level headedness, TR. And if (ha, when) Alabama rolls through the next few weeks with w's, they should and will be #1 in every aspect. And I do think they will repeat this year, but man, I would love nothing more than to take y'all on in Atlanta again. Just like old times.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#150 » by arsenal6106 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:as a Bama fan, i completely agree with this. Bama has some rough games coming up, undefeated MSU, LSU and USC (still a tough team), but UF has proven themselves to me.

I appreciate your level headedness, TR. And if (ha, when) Alabama rolls through the next few weeks with w's, they should and will be #1 in every aspect. And I do think they will repeat this year, but man, I would love nothing more than to take y'all on in Atlanta again. Just like old times.

Let's take care of this weekend and then we can start talking ATL!
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#151 » by Def Swami » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:21 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
Gerhalt11 wrote:

Let's take care of this weekend and then we can start talking ATL!

Florida has already done a damn good job this season and Muschamp and Pease and Quinn have earned my respect. We'll beat UGA this weekend and meet Alabama in the ATL. I don't expect to win out and I still think that game in Tally will be tough. But I'm very hopeful for the future of this team. Especially with the recruiting class coming in next year.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 pm

HOLY SMOKES :(

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT3XKX0xyMg[/youtube]

Terrible break for such a great kid.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#153 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm

well this game does not look promising, QB is clearly the weakest link for Florida, Driskell couldn't start for UCF
magicman123
RealGM

Post#154 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 pm

i think that was a cheap hit, lattimore is such a talented player, a break is probably the best thing for him at this point but it looked much worse
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Marquis Lee WR for USC has 12 catches for 255 yards.......AT THE HALF!!!

& USC is only leading Arizona 21-13

Make that 13 catches for 299 yards & 2 TDs
magicman123
RealGM

Post#156 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 pm

just end this game already, put us out of our misery
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 pm

magicman123 wrote:just end this game already, put us out of our misery

LMAOOOOOO you act like you are getting blown out.

That defense of yours will wind up winning the game for you guys. BOOK IT. :D
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#158 » by Noonskadoodle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:29 pm

The worst thing is a guy named GURLEYYYYY is beating you guys

magicman123
RealGM

Post#159 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:
magicman123 wrote:just end this game already, put us out of our misery

LMAOOOOOO you act like you are getting blown out.

That defense of yours will wind up winning the game for you guys. BOOK IT. :D

the only way we win this game is if the defense actually does all the scoring, we've gotten the ball several times in georgia territory but still cant score
magicman123
RealGM

Post#160 » by magicman123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:48 pm

driskell is a POS lol

Return to Orlando Magic