ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 197

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#241 » by Noonskadoodle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:10 am

Proud of the BUCKEYES this YEAR!!!

Urban with a hell of a first season.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#242 » by OrlandO » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 am

Noonskadoodle wrote:Urban with a hell of a first season.

Must have felt like a cakewalk for him after all those years in the SEC... :wink:
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#243 » by Noonskadoodle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 am

OrlandO wrote:

Must have felt like a cakewalk for him after all those years in the SEC... :wink:

Lol prolly right
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#244 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:07 pm

OrlandO wrote:

well, not having to coach against Saban, maybe he wont have to go to the hospital for chest pains. At least until they meet up in a bowl game.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#245 » by Noonskadoodle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

well, not having to coach against Saban, maybe he wont have to go to the hospital for chest pains. At least until they meet up in a bowl game.

Not funny.....
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#246 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Must have felt like a cakewalk for him after all those years in the SEC... :wink:

Not funny.....

not funny....cuz it was true? :D

cmon, if he was really in such bad health, and his kids wanted him around, why did he jump back into it so quickly. you dont repair your health that quickly and subject your body to it all over again and think the same thing wont happen.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#247 » by Noonskadoodle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Really think Saban gave him chest pains/bad health? LOL. Most likely came from the pressure he was getting from his family about NEVER being around. He was missing everything & that's why he stepped away.

There was only ONE job that could get him back on the sidelines & it was his beloved Buckeyes HC job. Once the Tressel stuff hit the fan he sat his family down & even said he had to sign a contract from his own 3 kids stating that he would be around more this go around.

Saban was far from the reasons for his bad health, but coming from a Tide fan I would expect you to say that.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#248 » by Gerhalt11 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:Really think Saban gave him chest pains/bad health? LOL. Most likely came from the pressure he was getting from his family about NEVER being around. He was missing everything & that's why he stepped away.

There was only ONE job that could get him back on the sidelines & it was his beloved Buckeyes HC job. Once the Tressel stuff hit the fan he sat his family down & even said he had to sign a contract from his own 3 kids stating that he would be around more this go around.

Saban was far from the reasons for his bad health, but coming from a Tide fan I would expect you to say that.

Don't get me started on this.

Did you know that nine months in an ESPN gig (which also takes you away from your family on a regular basis) is enough to cure heart problems, repair family difficulties, and who knows, maybe it even cures cancer!

Meyer is so full of crap. I guarantee you he had word about Tressel being shown the door long before it actually happened. Long enough to make up some BS excuse about "retiring" for health and family reasons so that he could ditch Florida and go coach at the school he wanted all along.

Meyer did a great job for us. Won us two crystal balls and brought UF back to the top. But he's a coward who took the easy way out when it became clear he was no longer top dog in the SEC. He knew he couldn't beat Saban without Tebow, so he ran away to a cupcake conference where things would be oh so much easier.

I have no respect for a man, no matter how glamorous his resume', who takes the easy road.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant

Post#249 » by Noonskadoodle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Im sure we could go back & forth on this all day, but we all know the truth will NEVER come out.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#250 » by Gerhalt11 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:Im sure we could go back & forth on this all day, but we all know the truth will NEVER come out.

Since when has this board ever been concerned with the truth? I'm far more interested in conjecture and emotional outbursts. :D
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#251 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Noonskadoodle wrote:Really think Saban gave him chest pains/bad health? LOL. Most likely came from the pressure he was getting from his family about NEVER being around. He was missing everything & that's why he stepped away.

interesting that his chest pains starting happening after losing to the Tide in the SECCG. Didnt happen before then.

And if he was missing his family, why did he jump right back into the fire less than 1 year later? I guess he didnt miss his family that much.

Oh, and his dream job was ND, not OSU. He mentioned this many times. He only coached as an assistant at OSU for 2 years, so why would it be a beloved job to him?
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#252 » by magicman123 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 1:10 am

That Bama/Georgia game was pretty good, nice ending but a brain fart from Murray, sucks 1 of these teams had to win

this ACC championship game is embarrassing, GT has the 6th best record in the conference and they are only playing because of teams being on probation lol
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#253 » by craig01 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:37 am

The SEC game was at worst entertaining.

Yeah, Georgia missed an opportunity in the last seconds.

Alabama's secondary was just a bit soft on that final drive. You would have thought that the tide might have learned something from the lsu game on what not to do.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
the-diesel
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#254 » by the-diesel » Sun Dec 2, 2012 2:56 am

[quote=}Must have felt like a cakewalk for him after all those years in the SEC... :wink:[/quote]

[quote=]well, not having to coach against Saban, maybe he wont have to go to the hospital for chest pains. At least until they meet up in a bowl game.[/quote]

Not funny.....[/quote]

It may not be funny, but it's true. Urban thought he was too good to play second fiddle to Saban.. hence the move to OSU. A team in a soft conference where Urban can sleep at night without the fear of being bent over by Saint Nick in the SECCG each year.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#255 » by magicman123 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 3:01 am

Meyer is 1-1 vs Nick in the SECCG, but yes its much easier in the big 10
the-diesel
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#256 » by the-diesel » Sun Dec 2, 2012 3:19 am

magicman123 wrote:Meyer is 1-1 vs Nick in the SECCG, but yes its much easier in the big 10

True. In 2008 he beat a good Bama team, largely comprised of Shula recruits.

I liked Meyer at Florida, but his antics after the 09 SECCG, retiring to "spend time with his family", then taking the OSU job caused me to lose all respect for him.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#257 » by magicman123 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 3:26 am

the-diesel wrote:
magicman123 wrote:Meyer is 1-1 vs Nick in the SECCG, but yes its much easier in the big 10

True. In 2008 he beat a good Bama team, largely comprised of Shula recruits.

I liked Meyer at Florida, but his antics after the 09 SECCG, retiring to "spend time with his family", then taking the OSU job caused me to lose all respect for him.

very true, i believe he quit twice..
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#258 » by tiderulz » Sun Dec 2, 2012 4:47 am

craig01 wrote:The SEC game was at worst entertaining.

Yeah, Georgia missed an opportunity in the last seconds.

Alabama's secondary was just a bit soft on that final drive. You would have thought that the tide might have learned something from the lsu game on what not to do.

yeah. Kirby Smart called a good game, but they should have been giving Murray a bit more pressure on that last drive. That said, a tough win against the #3 team, in Atlanta, I'll take it. And maybe our new OC finally woke up and realized that our OL can run block. He seemed to be going away from it a bit too much, especially when Bama was on the goal line against A&M.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#259 » by magicman123 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 4:49 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a ND vs UF championship game, but thats me ;)
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#260 » by tiderulz » Sun Dec 2, 2012 4:52 am

magicman123 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a ND vs UF championship game, but thats me ;)

yeah, but Bama vs ND has history. UF's history is very recent.

Return to Orlando Magic