ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#181 » by magicman123 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 pm

How about them Ragin Cajuns? great job from them today, Florida should not be ranked if they lose

Wow what a crazy 1 minute of. Play
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#182 » by tiderulz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

hhrmmph, my boys seem to have left their defense back in Baton Rouge.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#183 » by magicman123 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:21 pm

do you guys believe me now? Texas A&M is a pretty good team, win or lose today they should be respected
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#184 » by Def Swami » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:34 pm

magicman123 wrote:do you guys believe me now? Texas A&M is a pretty good team, win or lose today they should be respected

+1
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#185 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:42 pm

magicman123 wrote:do you guys believe me now? Texas A&M is a pretty good team, win or lose today they should be respected

They've been slowly earning it and this just puts it over the top. Manziel is impressive. I welcome TA&M into the SEC family. I can't say the same for Mizzou. But I hope you now realize the Gators did not deserve that number 2 ranking. Game today against a crappy opponent was ridiculous... exciting finish though. Even so, I bet FL would be undefeated right now if they were allowed to fly under the radar until the GA game. The premature ranking was a curse.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#186 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:23 pm

tiderulz wrote:man, a lot of people hating on Bama this week. They think Bama was shown to be weak in the LSU game. How about the fact that LSU still has a defense that most teams would drool for. Mettinger finally clicked with his offense. Not many other teams can field a team to attack Bama like that. LSU was also planning this since January, just like Bama did with Florida in 2009.

Corso picking A&M over Bama. Well, i guess it could happen. But word from my friends was that helmets were flying in practice all week long. I honestly believe if Johnny Football tries to run the ball all game, he wont last until the end of the game.

And that is the problem with Johnny Football......he got hit hard and often in the first half .....and ran out of gas against LSU, missed throws and reads in the second half. One man teams won't have consistent success over 4 quarters against very good defenses. Same against UF early in the year.

I'd expect that Alabama wins this game 38 to 27.....or even by a wider margin

Still, he is tremendously talented....Sumlin just needs to figure out some balance down the road.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#187 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm

tiderulz wrote:man, a lot of people hating on Bama this week. They think Bama was shown to be weak in the LSU game. How about the fact that LSU still has a defense that most teams would drool for. Mettinger finally clicked with his offense. Not many other teams can field a team to attack Bama like that. LSU was also planning this since January, just like Bama did with Florida in 2009.

Corso picking A&M over Bama. Well, i guess it could happen. But word from my friends was that helmets were flying in practice all week long. I honestly believe if Johnny Football tries to run the ball all game, he wont last until the end of the game.

And that is the problem with Johnny Football......he got hit hard and often in the first half .....and ran out of gas against LSU, missed throws and reads in the second half. One man teams won't have consistent success over 4 quarters against very good defenses. Same against UF early in the year.

Still, he is tremendously talented....Sumlin just needs to figure out some balance down the road.

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#188 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:24 pm

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#189 » by tiderulz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:38 pm

who said they werent good? and that they didnt get respect?
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#190 » by tiderulz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 pm

craig01 wrote:

im surprised he is actually doing a good job at not taking any hits. whether from bad angles or what, they havent been able to lay some lumber on him yet.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#191 » by OrlandO » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm

tiderulz wrote:

who said they werent good? and that they didnt get respect?

I've been cautious and hesitant to give them full credit. This is the SEC, you can't just join the conference and instantly get respect... gotta earn it here. I said they'd need to make a game out of the LSU/Bama games and they did that, so props to them.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#192 » by magicman123 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 am

this just shows that the gators earned their #2 ranking a few weeks ago, but that doesn't mean they were the 2nd best team in the country, far from it, nobody would say they were, but with the schedule it was warranted..it usually plays itself out so no worries

i have this funny feeling that Bama will still be playing in the National Championship game
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#193 » by tiderulz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 am

magicman123 wrote:this just shows that the gators earned their #2 ranking a few weeks ago, but that doesn't mean they were the 2nd best team in the country, far from it, nobody would say they were, but with the schedule it was warranted..it usually plays itself out so no worries

i have this funny feeling that Bama will still be playing in the National Championship game

i dont. Last year turned the nation off the SEC. There is a lot of SEC hate out there and unless there is only 1 unbeaten team, Bama wont make it in. Not sure they deserve it either. Horrible coaching the past 2 games, bad play calling and bad adjustments.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#194 » by magicman123 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:12 am

A down year for the ACC overall, 12 teams in the conference and only 3 have a winning record..thats up there with the Mountain West Conference
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#195 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:
magicman123 wrote:this just shows that the gators earned their #2 ranking a few weeks ago, but that doesn't mean they were the 2nd best team in the country, far from it, nobody would say they were, but with the schedule it was warranted..it usually plays itself out so no worries

i dont. Last year turned the nation off the SEC. There is a lot of SEC hate out there and unless there is only 1 unbeaten team, Bama wont make it in. Not sure they deserve it either. Horrible coaching the past 2 games, bad play calling and bad adjustments.

I agree about the SEC hate.....meaning there won't be any leapfrogging of an unbeaten team this year. Alabama will need a couple of teams to lose.

I don't think the SEC is that good collectively this year, and wasn't last year either (minus Alabama, LSU). I knew before the season began that LSU had too many question marks and was too young of a team to be great.

Alabama has surprised me the past two weeks. Being an LSU fan, I didn't expect last weeks game to be close.

But after last week, I did expect TAMU to give a tussle on the road. What I didn't expect was for Alabama to lose.

I don't think there is a clear cut best team ......unlike most years

The football is still great, but it just seems like something is missing this year.....

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#196 » by tiderulz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

craig01 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I agree about the SEC hate.....meaning there won't be any leapfrogging of an unbeaten team this year. Alabama will need a couple of teams to lose.

I don't think the SEC is that good collectively this year, and wasn't last year either (minus Alabama, LSU). I knew before the season began that LSU had too many question marks and was too young of a team to be great.

Alabama has surprised me the past two weeks. Being an LSU fan, I didn't expect last weeks game to be close.

But after last week, I did expect TAMU to give a tussle on the road. What I didn't expect was for Alabama to lose.

I don't think there is a clear cut best team ......unlike most years

The football is still great, but it just seems like something is missing this year.....

the proposed 4 team playoff would be great this year.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#197 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Agreed....4-team playoff would be perfect this year.

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#198 » by drsd » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 pm

My Badgers just played their way to the B10 championship game. Nebraska has an easier schedule than Michigan. For the Rose bowl, a Wisconsin - Nebraska game will be fun!

Ball needs two TDs in two four games to be the best TD guy in NCAA history. Go Montee!

magicman123
RealGM

Post#199 » by magicman123 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 am

KSU down 28 going into the 4th, I'd say its over

Hopefully USC beats the Irish next week

FSU obviously reaches the ACC title game
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#200 » by tiderulz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:59 am

Ksu getting smacked, heavy wears the hat that holds #1, let me tell you.

Oregon getting all they can handle from Stanford. When you actually play defense, Oregon cant run all over you like they do all the other patsies.

Return to Orlando Magic