ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.) 

Post#1021 » by Skin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Vucci mostly needs to get better defensively. We have NO ONE who can defend our inside.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#1022 » by in-limbo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Vuc is a great project, I think he's a keeper. Very skilled big men are very nice to have around. I think this dude is gonna be a good player, someone who could help a good team win big games. He seems pretty poised for a young guy and his upside is very high I think.

If JJ Redick hasn't earned a spot on this team then no one could. I will be on record as being opposed to nearly any feasible trade involving JJ. The guy is about the right things and I would like to see my team reward that. He luckily also is a damned good basketball player with guts and real loyalty.

Big Baby has me a little worried. He is someone who could help us get back...sometimes though he seems to not be about the right things.

I love all the rookies. Seems Henny might have a clue after all. 8-)
BelgianMagic
Head Coach
And1: 130

Post#1023 » by BelgianMagic » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 pm

slightly OT: we got a game tonight and there isn't a GT yet .. Can anyone make one? If I'd have the time I'd make one but I'm still at work so ..
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#1024 » by magicman123 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm

gortat is getting overrated around here, hes not that good of a defender either
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,147

Post#1025 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Gortat has this and next year left on his deal, so if we're waiting till free agency he will be 30.5 by then. Yikes. If we're looking at a trade, the Suns will want JJ or Vucevic involved. I can't imagine we'd trade away the latter. And if JJ is willing to go to a team like the Suns, then I'd rather just re-sign him. They can have McRoberts, Harrington and/or Ayon though. I do like the idea of having Gortat here as a quality practice partner and teacher for Niko's development. Plus, he'd be an easy trade asset for at least the next couple years.

I'd trade a package of JJ and Vuc for Gortat without really hesitating. That said, I'd expect PHO would ask for one of Harkless or Nicholson or the DEN pick in the deal on top of that. Gortat isn't having a great year, but he's a very very good (like....T8) center on a very good contract. They'll get more than Redick's expiring for him, easily.

As a rebuilding team that would be bad decision. Gortat is maybe my most favorite Magic player of all time but giving up a talented 22 year old center on his rookie contract is what a contending team may do, and we are not that stage right now. We should keep Vuc and help him develop, eventually he can be better than Gortat. Also giving up JJ, our best shooter and team passer is plain bad.
aka: prorl
pakishazi
Junior
And1: 24

Post#1026 » by pakishazi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:23 pm

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

The NBA has announced that Orlando's Dec. 14 game Vs. Golden State has been changed to 7 p.m. and will no longer be televised by ESPN.

Boo!
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#1027 » by glennathan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 pm

ESPN SC NBA - Bobcats F Tyrus Thomas out 2 months with a torn muscle in his lower left leg
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1028 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Gortat has this and next year left on his deal, so if we're waiting till free agency he will be 30.5 by then. Yikes. If we're looking at a trade, the Suns will want JJ or Vucevic involved. I can't imagine we'd trade away the latter. And if JJ is willing to go to a team like the Suns, then I'd rather just re-sign him. They can have McRoberts, Harrington and/or Ayon though. I do like the idea of having Gortat here as a quality practice partner and teacher for Niko's development. Plus, he'd be an easy trade asset for at least the next couple years.

I'd trade a package of JJ and Vuc for Gortat without really hesitating. That said, I'd expect PHO would ask for one of Harkless or Nicholson or the DEN pick in the deal on top of that. Gortat isn't having a great year, but he's a very very good (like....T8) center on a very good contract. They'll get more than Redick's expiring for him, easily.

As a rebuilding team that would be bad decision. Gortat is maybe my most favorite Magic player of all time but giving up a talented 22 year old center on his rookie contract is what a contending team may do, and we are not that stage right now. We should keep Vuc and help him develop, eventually he can be better than Gortat. Also giving up JJ, our best shooter and team passer is plain bad.

You don't see this often on RealGM, but you guys did a pretty convincing job, and I've changed my stance. Gortat is a great defensive player, and worth more to most teams than Vucevic would be, but he's not right for this team at this time.

I'd still be cool with a Vucevic to PHO - Gortat to SAS - Kahwi Leonard to ORL three-way though :D
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#1029 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm

glennathan wrote:ESPN SC NBA - Bobcats F Tyrus Thomas out 2 months with a torn muscle in his lower left leg

I suppose this explains the Carroll for Warrick swap.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#1030 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 pm

RT @mcten Dwight on Deron Williams: "If he doesn’t want to be friends cuz I’m on another team, then so be it. There’s no need to smooth things over"
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#1031 » by Versubio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:RT @mcten Dwight on Deron Williams: "If he doesn’t want to be friends cuz I’m on another team, then so be it. There’s no need to smooth things over"

Howard has the mental maturity of a 14 year old girl. :roll:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1032 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:19 am

magicman123 wrote:gortat is getting overrated around here, hes not that good of a defender either

shhh, you will be stoned for blasphemy
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1033 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:21 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:

cmon now. Gortat is possibly your most favorite Magic player of all time? Penny, Nick, Shaq, Darrel Armstrong, T-Mac, Outlaw. whether you want to go by talent or by heart left on the floor, why do you choose a center that played backup for 2 years and wanted out of the Magic for playing time?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,739

Post#1034 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:RT @mcten Dwight on Deron Williams: "If he doesn’t want to be friends cuz I’m on another team, then so be it. There’s no need to smooth things over"

LMAO
glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#1035 » by glennathan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:
glennathan wrote:ESPN SC NBA - Bobcats F Tyrus Thomas out 2 months with a torn muscle in his lower left leg

I suppose this explains the Carroll for Warrick swap.

The trade happened before the injury report so maybe they were waiting for the trade to complete to announce the injury

glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#1036 » by glennathan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 am

According to the WT looks like Celtics may lose Darko. Seems like his mother is sick. Read it on twitter as well.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ng_Celtics

glennathan
Lead Assistant

Post#1037 » by glennathan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:48 am

ESPN SC NBA - Spurs SF Stephen Jackson out 4-6 weeks with fractured right pinkie finger

RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#1038 » by RickB-Orlando » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am

Versubio wrote:

Howard has the mental maturity of a 14 year old girl. :roll:

No need to make fun of people's little sisters...
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,005

Post#1039 » by KillMonger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 am

What's wrong with this dude man? he can't really be this childish can he?
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#1040 » by NickAnderson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 am

magicman123 wrote:gortat is getting overrated around here, hes not that good of a defender either

uuuummm what? I am the LAST one on this forum to overrate our players but that is just plain false. Gortat is about the best pick and roll defender in the leauge besides Dwight and maybe Chandler and his post defense is no bad at ALL , plus he blocks shots.

Return to Orlando Magic