ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.) 

Post#1041 » by OrlandO » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 am

pakishazi wrote:John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

The NBA has announced that Orlando's Dec. 14 game Vs. Golden State has been changed to 7 p.m. and will no longer be televised by ESPN.

Boo!

lol we're playing such ugly basketball that they don't want casual NBA fans to see...
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#1042 » by KillMonger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 am

OrlandO wrote:
pakishazi wrote:John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555

The NBA has announced that Orlando's Dec. 14 game Vs. Golden State has been changed to 7 p.m. and will no longer be televised by ESPN.

Boo!

lol we're playing such ugly basketball that they don't want casual NBA fans to see...

i wouldn't want to see that either since we're putting out an awful product on the floor. Of course considering that we're all still alive
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#1043 » by magicman123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:51 am

NickAnderson wrote:
magicman123 wrote:gortat is getting overrated around here, hes not that good of a defender either

uuuummm what? I am the LAST one on this forum to overrate our players but that is just plain false. Gortat is about the best pick and roll defender in the leauge besides Dwight and maybe Chandler and his post defense is no bad at ALL , plus he blocks shots.

He's alright, good player but that's all, we don't need to get older
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#1044 » by OrlandO » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:56 am

Nice, Niko made HoopsWorld's early season surprises list. The other young guys got a breif shout, too.
Nikola Vucevic | Magic | 11.2 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 1.0 BPG, .464 FG%, 13.77 PER

The Magic have played better than expected this season, winning three of their first nine games. Several of their young players have been playing at a high level including Andrew Nicholson, Moe Harkless, E’Twaun Moore and Nikola Vucevic. The latter is averaging 11.2 points and 8.7 rebounds, and he has already recorded five double-doubles in 10 games after recording just two double-doubles last year during his 51-game rookie season with the Philadelphia 76ers. Vucevic is shooting a career-high 46.4 percent from the field and 73.3 percent from the free throw line. Vucevic came to Orlando with big shoes to fill, but now it seems like the seven-footer is the Magic’s center of the future and at just 22 years old, he still has plenty of untapped potential.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-early-sea ... s-players/
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#1045 » by glennathan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm

OrlandO wrote:Nice, Niko made HoopsWorld's early season surprises list. The other young guys got a breif shout, too.

The Magic have played better than expected this season, winning three of their first nine games. Several of their young players have been playing at a high level including Andrew Nicholson, Moe Harkless, E’Twaun Moore and Nikola Vucevic. The latter is averaging 11.2 points and 8.7 rebounds, and he has already recorded five double-doubles in 10 games after recording just two double-doubles last year during his 51-game rookie season with the Philadelphia 76ers. Vucevic is shooting a career-high 46.4 percent from the field and 73.3 percent from the free throw line. Vucevic came to Orlando with big shoes to fill, but now it seems like the seven-footer is the Magic’s center of the future and at just 22 years old, he still has plenty of untapped potential.

Nice! Just hope they can continue the process of developing under JV. I think once McRoberts and Turkoglu are traded then it is just a matter of them learning through playing
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1046 » by MoMM » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 pm

We have the 5th worst record, so far i was right we will be bottom 7 this year.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#1047 » by Furinkazan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:26 pm

seriously
we need to get worse ...XD
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#1048 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
As a rebuilding team that would be bad decision. Gortat is maybe my most favorite Magic player of all time but giving up a talented 22 year old center on his rookie contract is what a contending team may do, and we are not that stage right now. We should keep Vuc and help him develop, eventually he can be better than Gortat. Also giving up JJ, our best shooter and team passer is plain bad.

cmon now. Gortat is possibly your most favorite Magic player of all time? Penny, Nick, Shaq, Darrel Armstrong, T-Mac, Outlaw. whether you want to go by talent or by heart left on the floor, why do you choose a center that played backup for 2 years and wanted out of the Magic for playing time?

LOL I have to submit approval for my favorite player now? I'll give you Darrell but that was so long ago, and I was a huge Penny fan but he left on not so good terms, same for TMAC. I get attached to Euro big man prospects (no homo).
aka: prorl
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,106

Post#1049 » by tiderulz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
As a rebuilding team that would be bad decision. Gortat is maybe my most favorite Magic player of all time but giving up a talented 22 year old center on his rookie contract is what a contending team may do, and we are not that stage right now. We should keep Vuc and help him develop, eventually he can be better than Gortat. Also giving up JJ, our best shooter and team passer is plain bad.

cmon now. Gortat is possibly your most favorite Magic player of all time? Penny, Nick, Shaq, Darrel Armstrong, T-Mac, Outlaw. whether you want to go by talent or by heart left on the floor, why do you choose a center that played backup for 2 years and wanted out of the Magic for playing time?

LOL I have to submit approval for my favorite player now? I'll give you Darrell but that was so long ago, and I was a huge Penny fan but he left on not so good terms, same for TMAC. I get attached to Euro big man prospects (no homo).

fair enough. was just surprising.
Neato
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Champ
And1: 6,080

Post#1050 » by Neato » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:RT @mcten Dwight on Deron Williams: "If he doesn’t want to be friends cuz I’m on another team, then so be it. There’s no need to smooth things over"

i feel like i'm missing the background story. i didn't realize they were at odds.
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#1051 » by Versubio » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:14 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:
Versubio wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:RT @mcten Dwight on Deron Williams: "If he doesn’t want to be friends cuz I’m on another team, then so be it. There’s no need to smooth things over"

Howard has the mental maturity of a 14 year old girl. :roll:

No need to make fun of people's little sisters...

:lol:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#1052 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 pm

LOL Dwight and Deron sound like middle school couple that broke up, and now are taking shots at each other.
aka: prorl
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1053 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm

OrlandO wrote:Nice, Niko made HoopsWorld's early season surprises list. The other young guys got a breif shout, too.

Nice. He has been the most impressive youngster this season. Very polished post game and his shot is starting to fall too. I think we can all appreciate him being nearly 75% from the line too. His only weaknesses to me are protecting the rim and he is a bit slow. Overall though he is looking very good for a 2nd year Euro big man.

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but I hope he becomes our better rebounding version of Brook Lopez. He reminds me of a mix between an older less mobile Pau and Brook Lopez.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#1054 » by mhectorgato » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Wiretap : http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... y_For_Nets

Deron Williams and Dwight Howard were unable to join forces with the Brooklyn Nets or any other team, but both have seemingly moved on.

"Dwight was never (an option for the Nets)," Williams told the USA Today on Monday. "I don't think (the Magic) were ever going to trade him to us, so it doesn't matter. When he opted in (to his contract for another season in mid-March), it kind of took that option away."

The Nets acquired Joe Johnson and re-signed Brook Lopez as their alternative plan to Howard.

"I'm happy for him," Williams said of Howard. "It looks like he's having fun out there in LA. I know it's a lot off his plate now -- although I guess he still has to hear (the free-agency chatter) because he hasn't said if he'll re-sign (with the Lakers this summer). But he's got a home now. I think he's happy there and I wish him the best of luck."
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,147

Post#1055 » by Def Swami » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Dante Marchitelli ‏@DanteMagic
Don't miss #MDT tonight at 5:30pm on @740thegame. Good friend @MGortat is my guest. Always great to catch up with the Polish Machine!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#1056 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:29 pm

I wonder what would motivate Gortat to want to be in Orlando. Obviously, it's a business, but I just wonder if he'd be happy headed towards the lottery.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1057 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Magic trade: Arron Afflalo, Glen Davis, Al Harrington, Gustavo Ayon, Josh McRoberts, 2014 DEN #1 Pick, 2015 LAL #1 Pick
Magic receive: Kahwi Leonard, Derrick Williams, Stephen Jackson (EXP), Wes Johnson (EXP), Malcolm Lee
Magic buyout: Stephen Jackson (EXP)

Suns trade: Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley, Wes Johnson (EXP)
Suns receive: Arron Afflalo, Glen Davis, 2014 DEN #1 Pick, Josh McRoberts (EXP)

TWolves trade: Derrick Williams, Malcolm Lee
TWolves receive: Jared Dudley, Gustavo Ayon

Spurs trade: Kahwi Leonard, Stephen Jackson (EXP), Dejuan Blair (EXP)
Spurs receive: Marcin Gortat, Al Harrington, Malcolm Lee, 2015 LAL #1 pick

End of Season Roster:
C: Nikola Vucevic, Dejuan Blair (EXP), Kyle O'Quinn
PF: Derrick Williams, Andrew Nicholson
SF: Moe Harkless, Hedo Turkoglu, Dequan Jones
SG: Kahwi Leonard, JJ Redick (EXP), Wes Johnson (EXP)
PG: Jameer Nelson, E'Twaun Moore, Ish Smith

Under contract in 2013-14 (Letting expiring contracts go and buying out HT):
Young talent: 2014 ORL #1 Pick, Kahwi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Derrick Williams, Andrew Nicholson, Moe Harkless, Dequan Jones, Kahwi Leonard, E'Twaun Moore, 2014 DEN #2 pick, Ish Smith, Kyle O'Quinn
Veteran talent: Jameer Nelson
....aaaaand that's it! A ton of room to grow or to hit FA, and I like what the team has in the meanwhile :D
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#1058 » by RYgoBOOM » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Magic trade: Arron Afflalo, Glen Davis, Al Harrington, Gustavo Ayon, Josh McRoberts, 2014 DEN #1 Pick, 2015 LAL #1 Pick
Magic receive: Kahwi Leonard, Derrick Williams, Stephen Jackson (EXP), Wes Johnson (EXP), Malcolm Lee

SF: Hedo Turkoglu, Moe Harkless, Dequan Jones

I love Kahwi.....IMO he can be a very good SG in the league
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#1059 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Magic trade: Arron Afflalo, Glen Davis, Al Harrington, Gustavo Ayon, Josh McRoberts, 2014 DEN #1 Pick, 2015 LAL #1 Pick

End of Season Roster:
SF: Moe Harkless, Hedo Turkoglu, Dequan Jones

Under contract in 2013-14 (Letting expiring contracts go and buying out HT):
Young talent: 2014 ORL #1 Pick, Kahwi Leonard, Nikola Vucevic, Derrick Williams, Andrew Nicholson, Moe Harkless, Dequan Jones, Kahwi Leonard, E'Twaun Moore, 2014 DEN #2 pick, Ish Smith, Kyle O'Quinn
Veteran talent: Jameer Nelson
....aaaaand that's it! A ton of room to grow or to hit FA, and I like what the team has in the meanwhile :D

Sorry man but SAS isn't trading Leonard.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#1060 » by Bensational » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm

SF: Hedo Turkoglu, Moe Harkless, Dequan Jones

not bad at all Cig. the only team i see struggling to jump onboard is Minnesota, but maybe that's just because i'm not a Jared Dudley fan?

Return to Orlando Magic