ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.) 

Post#921 » by MagicFan32 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:17 pm

Derrick Williams is a player meant to play in an up tempo system, he's a 4 in todays NBA. He isn't a good fit in Minnesota, part of rebuilding is taking risks, so yes I take a chance

in terms of draft picks i want us to pile up 2014 firsts, this draft looks incredible based on what i'm reading and what i can find on youtube(great for checking out prospects) we have two firsts so far, ours and either denvers or new yorks. I would really love to try and snatch that toronto pick from the OKC and use it next year if we could be so lucky....
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#922 » by glennathan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:03 pm

ESPN SC NBA - Rockets F Royce White told ESPN he will meet with GM Daryl Morey and is prepared to walk away from NBA
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#923 » by magic_turk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 pm

glennathan wrote:ESPN SC NBA - Rockets F Royce White told ESPN he will meet with GM Daryl Morey and is prepared to walk away from NBA

Uhh why would you declare for the draft in the first place? What a waste of a pick.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#924 » by MagicTownBaller » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 pm

magic_turk wrote:
glennathan wrote:ESPN SC NBA - Rockets F Royce White told ESPN he will meet with GM Daryl Morey and is prepared to walk away from NBA

Uhh why would you declare for the draft in the first place? What a waste of a pick.

Seriously??? Wow. He is making people with anxiety disorders look really bad.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#925 » by OrlandO » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Anxiety can be a serious issue, but if he gives up this quickly he will regret it for the rest of his life... a shame he's in a place in his mind where he can't see that. Does he still get paid if he's unwilling to do what he's told and quits?
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#926 » by OrlandO » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
I'm not PLANNING on quitting, but its between my HEALTH and BASKETBALL, health takes precedence. You should never choose ANYTHING over it.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#927 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Well everyone knew about his health issues and they still took him. The owner must be livid at Morey.

He is really making himself look bad. Is his illness that severe? How severe can it be to warrant this?

He needs to wake up and man up.
aka: prorl
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#928 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:Derrick Williams is a player meant to play in an up tempo system, he's a 4 in todays NBA. He isn't a good fit in Minnesota, part of rebuilding is taking risks, so yes I take a chance

in terms of draft picks i want us to pile up 2014 firsts, this draft looks incredible based on what i'm reading and what i can find on youtube(great for checking out prospects) we have two firsts so far, ours and either denvers or new yorks. I would really love to try and snatch that toronto pick from the OKC and use it next year if we could be so lucky....

if he is a 4 in today's NBA, why is he having such a hard time with the full time PF job right now? and 6'8 is not a PF in todays NBA, it is a SF. Gay, Lebron, Durant, shoot even on his own team, Budinger/Howard at 6'7 and Kirilenko at 6'8 are almost as big as him.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#929 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan32 wrote:Derrick Williams is a player meant to play in an up tempo system, he's a 4 in todays NBA. He isn't a good fit in Minnesota, part of rebuilding is taking risks, so yes I take a chance

if he is a 4 in today's NBA, why is he having such a hard time with the full time PF job right now? and 6'8 is not a PF in todays NBA, it is a SF. Gay, Lebron, Durant, shoot even on his own team, Budinger/Howard at 6'7 and Kirilenko at 6'8 are almost as big as him.

Funny how people who complain about having a 6'8 PF (BBD is 6'9, by comparison) are totally cool with playing the 6'5 Arron Afflalo out of position at SF.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#930 » by magicman123 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Andrew Bynum said on Friday that he's experienced a setback in his rehab, and now has bone bruises in both his left and right knees.
Bynum's right knee has been the one giving him so much trouble, but it sounds like he overcompensated recently and wound up damaging his left knee. He also said he has "weakened cartilage" in both knees. He still hopes to resume basketball activities on Dec. 10, but there's no firm timetable for his return to action
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#931 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 pm

magicman123 wrote:
Andrew Bynum said on Friday that he's experienced a setback in his rehab, and now has bone bruises in both his left and right knees.
Bynum's right knee has been the one giving him so much trouble, but it sounds like he overcompensated recently and wound up damaging his left knee. He also said he has "weakened cartilage" in both knees. He still hopes to resume basketball activities on Dec. 10, but there's no firm timetable for his return to action

Had we traded for him, I think it's fairly clear he would have walked after the season. We wouldn't pay for that uncertainty.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#932 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 pm

magicman123 wrote:

Philly is gonna look really bad when this stuff continues with Bynum.
aka: prorl
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#933 » by Versubio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm

magicman123 wrote:

Did we dodge a bullet or what?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#934 » by thelead » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am

He won't get a max contract now... he should have extended with Philly over the summer.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#935 » by FFBlitzace » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

I'm sympathetic to his anxiety disorder, but he's in a great spot. He's got everything he could need at his disposal. Other people would love to have that kind of help behind them.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#936 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:00 am

thelead wrote:He won't get a max contract now... he should have extended with Philly over the summer.

Exactly. Someone with his injury history shouldn't have gotten greedy.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#937 » by The Effect » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 am

And people wondered why i was so against trading for that bum?? At this poing, Vucevic by himself seems like a better option than him, not to mention harkless, Afflalo, harrington, Mcroberts and 5 draft picks!
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#938 » by KingRobb02 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:08 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
thelead wrote:He won't get a max contract now... he should have extended with Philly over the summer.

Exactly. Someone with his injury history shouldn't have gotten greedy.

Brook Lopez missed most of last year and wasn't very good in the games he did play. Being 7 feet tall helps gms look past a lot of stuff. I'd Bynum plays a good month, it will be enough.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#939 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 am

^^^Their situations are different. Prior to last year, Lopez didn't have a history of injuries that caused him to miss games. Minus last year, Lopez had only missed 7 games in a span of 3 years. Bynum is in a whole different ballpark. Bynum would have to ball out like crazy for me to even consider a max contract.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,204

Post#940 » by thelead » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:36 am

arsenal6106 wrote:^^^Their situations are different. Prior to last year, Lopez didn't have a history of injuries that caused him to miss games. Minus last year, Lopez had only missed 7 games in a span of 3 years. Bynum is in a whole different ballpark. Bynum would have to ball out like crazy for me to even consider a max contract.

I'm going to agree with this. Bynum's knees are a known trainwreck. Saying that Bynum is going to get a max because he's good and 7 feet tall is like saying Greg Oden will get a max.

Of course, this could all change if Bynum comes back in early January and puts up 25ppg and 13rpg without missing any other games. Then a GM will go crazy and throw out a max deal. That is for sure :lol:

Return to Orlando Magic