ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.) 

Post#1441 » by Def Swami » Fri Dec 7, 2012 5:48 pm

For perspective, Charlotte is currently the 9th worst team right now, but a much improved team from last season. I think the pick is top 12 protected this draft, which is good since it's weak. The pick is top 10 protected next season. And top 8 protected in 2015. And Unprotected in 2016. I think I'd swallow the Boozer pill if we got both of their draft picks.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#1442 » by magicman123 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 5:56 pm

Boozer? if we traded for him ill go root for the bobcats, not really but i dont want that guy anywhere near this team
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1443 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:00 pm

magicman123 wrote:Boozer? if we traded for him ill go root for the bobcats, not really but i dont want that guy anywhere near this team

I have to agree 100%

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#1444 » by blue and white » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:08 pm

I can see a jj big baby for boozer and picks deal. Chicago gets rid of boozer and gets an expiring in JJ and we get picks for our rebuild while still getting a decent player. Sure booz has a bad contract but by the time were competeing again hell be off the books and booz is a really good locker room guy and a great leader which is what JV and henny want right now. Also that will allow us to be even worse in loosing jj which means better picks. WIN WIN I like the trade idea
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#1445 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:19 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
magicman123 wrote:Boozer? if we traded for him ill go root for the bobcats, not really but i dont want that guy anywhere near this team

I have to agree 100%
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#1446 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:26 pm

Giving up JJ & Davis for Boozer is a steal for Chi, if that were the deal. We'd have to AT LEAST receive 3 picks from them. Davis helps their defense and Redick helps both. If the rumor is true, I really am interested to know what Rob's vision is.
magicman123
RealGM

Post#1447 » by magicman123 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:41 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Giving up JJ & Davis for Boozer is a steal for Chi, if that were the deal. We'd have to AT LEAST receive 3 picks from them. Davis helps their defense and Redick helps both. If the rumor is true, I really am interested to know what Rob's vision is.

at this point in their careers, Davis is the better option over boozer, Boozer has 2 years $32mil left on his contract, Davis has 2 years $13mil, is Carlos really worth $20+mil over the same time frame? no, plus we add in redick who is having a great year at 14pts-5ast-2reb, hes 1 of 2 shooting guards in the entire league average 5+ assists (Harden)

you would have to think draft pick (s) would be coming our way, because a straight up trade makes zero sense for Orlando

Cant see Rob doing this, Boozer doesn't fit
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1448 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:46 pm

I think the deal would be something like:

Harrington and Hedo for Boozer. Then, Chicago could cut both of them next summer.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#1449 » by Cigamodnalro » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:57 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I think the deal would be something like:

Harrington and Hedo for Boozer. Then, Chicago could cut both of them next summer.

Something like Harrington and Hedo for Boozer, Teague, Bulls 2013 Pick, Charlotte future pick, morelike.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
magicman123
RealGM

Post#1450 » by magicman123 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 6:58 pm

the Charlotte's pick has restriction too

2013: Top 12 protected
2014: Top 10 Protected
2015: Top 8 protected
2016: Unprotected
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#1451 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 7:08 pm

magicman123 wrote:the Charlotte's pick has restriction too

Imagine we have 2 picks in the 2014 lotto; our pick + Charlotte's, THEN we still have whatever pick we got from the Afflalo trade this summer.
SEBAS-07
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#1452 » by SEBAS-07 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 7:34 pm

I rather have Glen Davis than Boozer, if you think Daivs is infuriating wait till you watch Boozer. There is no freaking way I`m trading Big baby, Redick, or Afflalo.
Smart / Micic / D. Wright
Wiggins / Exum / J. Adams
Parker / K. Anderson / Mcdermott
Randle / Vonleh / Stokes
Embiid / Nurkic/ Tavares
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#1453 » by tiderulz » Fri Dec 7, 2012 7:49 pm

blue and white wrote:I can see a jj big baby for boozer and picks deal. Chicago gets rid of boozer and gets an expiring in JJ and we get picks for our rebuild while still getting a decent player. Sure booz has a bad contract but by the time were competeing again hell be off the books and booz is a really good locker room guy and a great leader which is what JV and henny want right now. Also that will allow us to be even worse in loosing jj which means better picks. WIN WIN I like the trade idea

when has Boozer ever been mentioned as a good locker room guy and great leader? He played well for a Cleveland team, talked the owner into ending his contract earlier, promising to resign with the team on a bigger contract, and then promptly left the team and owners. He told the Utah fans and newspapers that he was opting out of his contract there "for a raise". We all know that is what is happening, but to throw it in the fans face is pretty harsh. He then came back, but lobbied all year to go play with Chicago, while a member of the Jazz.

And he has a history of injuries.

Would not want to see him on the Magic.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#1454 » by CourtsideTV » Fri Dec 7, 2012 7:53 pm

yeah magic trading for boozer is like trading for keith bogans on a max contract..not happening.
Work Hard
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#1455 » by blue and white » Fri Dec 7, 2012 7:54 pm

tiderulz wrote:
blue and white wrote:I can see a jj big baby for boozer and picks deal. Chicago gets rid of boozer and gets an expiring in JJ and we get picks for our rebuild while still getting a decent player. Sure booz has a bad contract but by the time were competeing again hell be off the books and booz is a really good locker room guy and a great leader which is what JV and henny want right now. Also that will allow us to be even worse in loosing jj which means better picks. WIN WIN I like the trade idea

when has Boozer ever been mentioned as a good locker room guy and great leader? He played well for a Cleveland team, talked the owner into ending his contract earlier, promising to resign with the team on a bigger contract, and then promptly left the team and owners. He told the Utah fans and newspapers that he was opting out of his contract there "for a raise". We all know that is what is happening, but to throw it in the fans face is pretty harsh. He then came back, but lobbied all year to go play with Chicago, while a member of the Jazz.

Hes always engaged in the games even on the bench and even if he is injury prone that just gives nicholson time to grow and show his worth as a starter and give Oquinn playing time at his natural position all while allowing us to compete but more importantly lose games for better picks
Would not want to see him on the Magic. also its not just baby and a sg for boozer its baby and a sg for boozer and picks
magicman123
RealGM

Post#1456 » by magicman123 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 7:56 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
magicman123 wrote:the Charlotte's pick has restriction too

Imagine we have 2 picks in the 2014 lotto; our pick + Charlotte's, THEN we still have whatever pick we got from the Afflalo trade this summer.

True, we could end up with 3 picks, but we would be lucky if one of them ended up a top 10 pick (our own)
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#1457 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 8:02 pm

Say your good byes to part 48. It's time to move on. Image

Part 49
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1218506
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#1458 » by tiderulz » Fri Dec 7, 2012 8:14 pm

blue and white wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Hes always engaged in the games even on the bench and even if he is injury prone that just gives nicholson time to grow and show his worth as a starter and give Oquinn playing time at his natural position all while allowing us to compete but more importantly lose games for better picks
Would not want to see him on the Magic. also its not just baby and a sg for boozer its baby and a sg for boozer and picks

i can see the general wisdom to it, if Teague and picks are involved. I guess 2 years of Boozer arent too bad. Who knows, maybe he offers to be bought out to go sign with someone and chase a ring.

Return to Orlando Magic