ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLVIII"Preseason"Ed.) 

Post#21 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Saint Nicolas wrote:http://sportsoftheroundtable.com/2012/10/24/judas/

(I wrote about Dwight and him being a traitor!)

Mostly for people that aren't Magic fans since you guys basically know the story, but if you want you can read it :)

also like the fb on my first page please!

I "liked" your link and also shared the link on my FB page so that others can see it as well.
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#22 » by msmoore66 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
I agree with you. No one should be personally attacked just by posting their opinion regarding the team. Like I said, I think most posters are just tired of seeing the negativity in your posts but that does not give them the right to personally attack you if you feel that way.

I respect yours and Cigamendaro's (sorry) criticism of me in that you don't over bash, but show me how I am being a jerk when I really am or sometimes when I am not intending to but can come across as one. It is all good none-the-less.

Last post before the Lock!

From the other thread.

I don't really post that often but am always reading. BMP I have a lot of respect for what you post and always make sure to read your opinions. I do have to agree that you seem to have taken on a more negative stance of late. Not saying your posts still don't have good points to them, but they certainly seem to be coming from a more negative POV.

I can understand where your disillusion and annoyance with the franchise is coming from, but the fact of the matter is, we all had to deal with the anguish of losing yet another superstar but most have accepted what's done is done and are taking a positive outlook on the whole rebuilding process. I think the frustration that a lot are showing towards your posts can be due to this, the negative posts are just kind of rubbing salt into wound. The whole foe list option doesn't really make sense here either, since as I said before, I will always check your opinion regardless because I often find what you have to say is well worth reading.

I guess what I am really trying to get at is that you shouldn't be surprised to be getting these kind of responses. People are trying to be optimistic about the season and move on from all the crap that happened. I guess just be aware of that.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#23 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:25 pm

All good. The strict rule here on RealGM is to attack the post, not the poster. There have been a few who cannot stop continually attacking the poster.

Anyways, I look forward to your posts also because I get captivated by your Avatar.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
msmoore66
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by msmoore66 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:37 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:All good. The strict rule here on RealGM is to attack the post, not the poster. There have been a few who cannot stop continually attacking the poster.

Anyways, I look forward to your posts also because I get captivated by your Avatar.

Haha I think this was during a previous years playoffs where a lot changed to have this until we were knocked out or something. I cannot bring myself to change it.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#25 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Oh and reading your blog post Saint really paints the picture on Dwight's true character which I guess we'll never know what it really was. He is just one person and will not cripple us as a franchise. I just don't believe it.

I honestly believe we will be legit contenders in three years only this time we will have management that will build this franchise for sustained success like the Spurs have done for over the past two decades.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#26 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

I don't want to see the franchise collapse because that could mean this team moving to Seattle. I think this season there will be a drop off, but we still should see plenty of fans at games in comparison to many teams in the league. It is next year or year after with consecutive losing seasons that cripple owners.

Somehow, the Pistons seem to make profit even though they had poor attendance last year. So, a nifty cap guru and owner can derive profits with effective management. I think Devos may have lost money even with all those sellouts and Otis.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#27 » by Bensational » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Did we get Philly's pick this year in the Dwight trade?

If Bynum is in trouble, we could be looking at another lottery pick.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

Post#28 » by Bo Outlaw » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't want to see the franchise collapse because that could mean this team moving to Seattle. I think this season there will be a drop off, but we still should see plenty of fans at games in comparison to many teams in the league. It is next year or year after with consecutive losing seasons that cripple owners.

Somehow, the Pistons seem to make profit even though they had poor attendance last year. So, a nifty cap guru and owner can derive profits with effective management. I think Devos may have lost money even with all those sellouts and Otis.

Won't happen, at least not for a few years. The arena is one of the best in the league, and Orlando has a great fan base. Look at REALGM we(The Magic Forum) have some of the most active users. I think Seattle and Kansas City will both get teams at the same time and there will be 32 teams in the league.
msmoore66
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by msmoore66 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Bensational wrote:Did we get Philly's pick this year in the Dwight trade?

Not 100% but isn't it a future one since Miami have this coming one from the Moultrie trade?
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#30 » by arkknight1988 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Yes but its lottery protected i believe. I think next season we receive Denver or NYK 1st depending on which is worse and also a GS 2nd rounder.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#31 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:All good. The strict rule here on RealGM is to attack the post, not the poster. There have been a few who cannot stop continually attacking the poster.

your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#32 » by NickAnderson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Serious question, When do we make the playoffs again? 2015-16 season?
glove1989
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#33 » by glove1989 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:50 pm

arkknight1988 wrote:

Yes but its lottery protected i believe. I think next season we receive Denver or NYK 1st depending on which is worse and also a GS 2nd rounder.

No miami gets philly this year (top-14 protected) and we dont get philly's until they give miami theirs and then 2 years later. So at the earliest is 2015. If bynum is hurt and they are in lottery, we could not see the pick until 2016 at the earliest.

So that seems so long away but when those years come around (and hopefully we have a good team) those multiple first will be very advantageous.
Hail to Pitt!
We Will!
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,504

Post#34 » by AddiFB » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:18 am

NickAnderson wrote:Serious question, When do we make the playoffs again? 2015-16 season?

12-13? Tank mode, but with pride and entertainment. So... No.
13-14? Mmmm... depends on our success of tankalicious, but no.
14-15? Good chance, my guess is this one. Collection of drafted guys and FA.
15-16? We should be getting a good stew going here.
16-17? Reach East finals. Talks about our superstar (FA signed or drafted) leaving begin.
17-18? Finals baby! Star leaving talks resume. Star denies it. Why leave this city and this fanbase? Loves it here.
18-19? Still denies it. Media talks about Howard leaving, "probably happening again" they say. We laugh.
19-20? 11-12 Happens again.
20-21? Full-circle. Repeat.

Just kidding.

No I'm not.

Yes.
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#35 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 am

Zmill wrote:

your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

your mother was your father and your father drank my fathers wine!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,391

Post#36 » by SOUL » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 am

ChosenSavior wrote:

Mostly for people that aren't Magic fans since you guys basically know the story, but if you want you can read it :)

I "liked" your link and also shared the link on my FB page so that others can see it as well.

+1 <3
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#37 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:21 am

AddiFB wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:Serious question, When do we make the playoffs again? 2015-16 season?

12-13? Tank mode, but with pride and entertainment. So... No.
13-14? Mmmm... depends on our success of tankalicious, but no.
14-15? Good chance, my guess is this one. Collection of drafted guys and FA.
15-16? We should be getting a good stew going here.
16-17? Reach East finals. Talks about our superstar (FA signed or drafted) leaving begin.
17-18? Finals baby! Star leaving talks resume. Star denies it. Why leave this city and this fanbase? Loves it here.
18-19? Still denies it. Media talks about Howard leaving, "probably happening again" they say. We laugh.
19-20? 11-12 Happens again.
20-21? Full-circle. Repeat.

Just kidding.

No I'm not.

Yes.

Classic. That. Can we just skip to 15-16.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#38 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 am

Awesome article. Well done.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#39 » by MagicTownBaller » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 am

Yah! A new thread! Hi guys!
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
jameeeeer
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#40 » by jameeeeer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:22 am

when do we get Moe back?

Return to Orlando Magic