ImageImageImageImage

GT: Orlando(2-0) @ Chicago(2-1)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

GT: Orlando(2-0) @ Chicago(2-1) 

Post#1 » by Bo Outlaw » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:28 am

Orlando Magic(1st in Southeast, 0-0 road)
Chicago Bulls(2nd in central, 2-1 home)

When: Tuesday, November 6th, 8 PM EST
Where: United Center, Chicago,Illinois(pic below)
Where to Watch: FS Florida
How to listen: NBA.COM Audio Pass/ 580 WDBO
Season Series: First Game
Previous Season Series: 2-1(Chicago)
Overall Series: 42-42

United Center

Game Preview
Magic-Bulls Preview

By MATT BEARDMORE
Posted Nov 05 2012 4:46PM

Dwight Howard is gone and two of their starters have already been injured, but the Orlando Magic are off to a perfect start.They'll try to keep it that way when they hit the road for the first time.
Orlando goes for its first 3-0 start in three years on Tuesday night when the Chicago Bulls try to avoid their first set of back-to-back home losses since that same season.The Magic have gotten off to a strong start with Howard gone to Los Angeles and new coach Jacque Vaughn on the bench, beating Denver 102-89 on Friday and Phoenix 115-94 on Sunday. But there are already injury concerns, with Hedo Turkoglu out for several weeks after breaking his hand against the Nuggets, and point guard Jameer Nelson again questionable after missing Sunday's game with a strained hamstring and groin.Even with two key veterans hurting, Orlando has played well at both ends. The Magic have 50 assists on their 87 field goals, their bench has 81 points and five players are averaging 12 or more. They're also holding opponents to 40.6 percent shooting."There's no All-Stars here," said Glen Davis, the team leader with 25.5 points and 9.0 rebounds per game. "...If we want to go far, we can't go alone."The Bulls (2-1) are missing their biggest star with Derrick Rose out, and fellow All-Star Luol Deng is off to a slow start with 13.3 points per game while playing a team-high 116 minutes.Deng was 6 of 15 Saturday against New Orleans, and Chicago's other four starters shot a combined 8 for 38 in an 89-82 home loss. The Bulls hit 33.0 percent as a team after making 63.8 percent in a 115-86 victory at Cleveland the night before."Tough day at the office," Joakim Noah told the Bulls' official website after finishing with 11 points and 11 boards. "... They were way more on edge than us. It's unfortunate because it was a good opportunity to go 3-0. But, on to the next one - three games in, 79 more to go."The Bulls are among the NBA's best in scoring defense (87.3 ppg) and field-goal defense (41.2 percent), but another uninspired effort could result in losing two straight at home in the regular season for the first time since a five-game skid March 1-19, 2010."When you're not shooting well, you can't allow that to sap your energy in terms of getting back, setting your defense," coach Tom Thibodeau said.That's going to be especially important with Orlando getting production from Davis down low and the team hitting 14 of 26 from long range. J.J. Redick is 6 of 8 from beyond the arc with 45 points off the bench.Point guard E'Twaun Moore, who started Sunday and will again Tuesday if Nelson can't go, hit all three of his 3-point attempts against Phoenix.The Magic likely can't fare any worse offensively than they did the last time they saw Chicago. Carlos Boozer had 24 points and 14 rebounds March 19 in an 85-59 road win, the fewest points ever allowed by the Bulls in regular-season play.Orlando won 99-94 in its last game in Chicago on March 8 and has taken three of four at the United Center.

ORLANDO MAGIC

Starting Lineup
ImageImageImageImageImage

Bench Mob

Coached by

Injury Report:
Maurice Harkless(Questionable)
Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Hedo Turkoglu injury gives Magic the chance to play rookie Maurice Harkless. No reason kid can't make cameos until he's comfortable.

Jameer Nelson(questionable)
Magic PG Jameer Nelson (groin, knee) was headed to doctor Monday. Doesn't know if he'll play vs. Chicago Tuesday

Hedo Turkoglu(out)
Magic SF Hedo Turkoglu (broken hand) says he has five screws and a plate in hand, doesn't know timetable. "Hopefully, it won't be long."

Al Harrington(out)

CHICAGO BULLS

Starting Lineup

Bench Mob

Coached By

Injury Report:
Derrick Rose(out)
Bulls Insider ‏@bulls_insider
Rose said his biggest fear right now is making a basketball cut on his surgically repaired ACL. Said that's one of bigger things to overcome

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0C2_gcbH3o[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc5Ge7O9AD4[/youtube]
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: GT: Orlando(1-0) @ Chicago(2-1) 

Post#2 » by OrlandO » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:33 am

You know the game is tomorrow, right? Just makin sure since you were apologizing for a delay...
ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#3 » by ADRajX » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:35 am

Also Orlando is 2-0

It's going to be tough, but I hope Orlando plays with the same hustle and effort we saw in the 1st two games. Go Magic!
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Bo Outlaw » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:40 am

OrlandO wrote:You know the game is tomorrow, right? Just makin sure since you were apologizing for a delay...

I know, but usually I get the threads posted about 30hours before the game. Today, I got the thread out only about 22 hours before the game
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Bo Outlaw » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:41 am

DJRajX wrote:Also Orlando is 2-0

It's going to be tough, but I hope Orlando plays with the same hustle and effort we saw in the 1st two games. Go Magic!

Yes,haha. My bad.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#6 » by OrlandO » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:44 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:
OrlandO wrote:You know the game is tomorrow, right? Just makin sure since you were apologizing for a delay...

I know, but usually I get the threads posted about 30hours before the game. Today, I got the thread out only about 22 hours before the game

It's all good, you're a lot quicker than most then. I just wanted to make sure you weren't stressing that you were really late or something...
OrlandO
RealGM

Re: GT: Orlando(2-0) @ Chicago(2-1) 

Post#7 » by OrlandO » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:48 am

Boozer isn't a shot blocker, so we could see a flurry of points in the paint from big baby. Hopefully Hamilton gets warned for flopping...
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 838

Post#8 » by I Rasharted » Tue Nov 6, 2012 3:51 am

My first night with NBA League Pass broadband, so I'll be there. A loss makes sense here. Mostly I'd just like to avoid watching any more Big Baby "drives" to the rim:

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#9 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 5:50 am

Nice informative thread.

Nothing like a Magic game on election night.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#10 » by Def Swami » Tue Nov 6, 2012 5:55 am

I'll be flipping between the game and election day coverage.

This game will be about rebounding and guard play. I think we have the advantage on the perimeter, but Chicago has always given us trouble on the boards. I'm interested to see how Baby and Vucevic can respond to the tenacity of the Chicago front court. If we compete on the boards, I think our guards give us a chance to win today. Go Magic!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,557

Post#11 » by SOUL » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:05 am

Bulls have the best defense in the league, however I think our group of players match up better than they would have last year.. still.. we're playing really efficient so I'm not sure that will last.

Hopefully we can win.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#12 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:18 am

Nic has to step up against Noah's intensity. Hopefully Aaron continues to settle in and E'Twaun and JJ can continue their good shooting. Chicago's team defense will be a test, we have to play with a lot of energy and move the ball crisply. Magic 3-0 baby!
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#13 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:23 am

thibs will have the bulls fired up, they just lost to the hornets
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,743

Post#14 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Nov 6, 2012 7:39 am

Great thread Bo! Very informative stuff posted on here.

Excited about this test that our team is about to go through. Playing against a well-coached Chicago Bulls team in their gym with that hostile crowd behind them. I'm looking forward to seeing how the young guys will rise to the challenge. Our front court has to dominate their front court on the boards or at least be even with them to get this win. I really like our chances in this game as long as we share the ball and attack the paint against the Bulls...LET'S GET IT!!!

Good luck pic...

Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#15 » by Rick Rolled » Tue Nov 6, 2012 7:52 am

This will be a tough game for a young team on the road.

I just hope we can stay competitive, and hustle like we have the first two games.

A win would be a huge bonus.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
Bondo
Rookie
And1: 146

Post#16 » by Bondo » Tue Nov 6, 2012 10:24 am

Looking forward to this game. Always an exciting time around the house when my team goes against the local squad :p
Lots of trash talking and yelling = a good time. haha

Good luck guys!
Loyalty is to the logo.
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#17 » by magic_turk » Tue Nov 6, 2012 1:11 pm

Excited for this one, our first "real test"...GO MAGIC!!!
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,937

Post#18 » by Last Guardian » Tue Nov 6, 2012 1:34 pm

I think this will be our first loss. I'd like to see a close game though and see how we execute. I'd be happy even if we lost as long as we played smart at the end of the game, unlike the previous "era" of basketball we had the displeasure of watching.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#19 » by in-limbo » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:22 pm

Our last squad would definitely take nights off at times and nothing is more annoying than that in sports. I hope we can just get through this season without trying to coast in games. I went to the opener and had the best time I have ever had at a reular season game, great show by the whole team. Cheap tickets in the house this year. :D ... 8-)

Tough game tonight, just play hard and I will be happy. 55 needs to bring it again because they will be after him pretty good.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#20 » by magicman123 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 2:46 pm

I think we lose, by JJ still scores 84 points

Return to Orlando Magic