ImageImageImageImage

Trade Big Baby Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#21 » by AhaAha » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:25 am

No one denies that baby is a talented player but he was always about expanding his role. He wants to be the main man. He will never stop with the boneheaded plays. Remember when he tried a 3 and ray allen and paul pierce stood next to him. Let's not forget that he was untradeble last season and started putting up big numbers playing out of position. I really hope we sell high on him.
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 14

Re: Trade Big Baby Thread 

Post#22 » by Tarot Magician » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:Glen Davis thinks he Michael Jordan.

Opposing coaches are just going to start applying Jordan Rules on him. Plays with good effort, but he's got IQ 32.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,702

Post#23 » by Viper1500 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:38 am

I like him more as a hustle player, we do not need him scoring 20ppg, win or lose I am satisfied with Glen giving a solid 10pts and 10 rebounds. Like stated on another thread, he repeats the words "We have no all-stars on this team" yet contradicts himself by taking 20 shots a game.

Realize the player you are, and better yet realize the player you are not.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 225

Post#24 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:39 am

OrlandO wrote:lol, "bo outlaw" got suspended?? Anyone know what he did? Please tell me i get to go at least one game thread without having to put up with his constant big baby bashing...

no....
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#25 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:51 am

OrlandO wrote:
Bo Outlaw wrote:
OrlandO wrote:What's the matter? Commenting "I hate Davis" every 2 minutes in the game threads wasn't enough for you? You constantly complain when Davis takes 20+ FGA and the game stays close, but when he takes half as many shots and we get blown out twice it's equally his fault, right? What about when he's benched or out with injury and we still get blown out? It would be Davis' fault, right?

He shot 13 shots tonight, but it was in 32minutes. Not to mention if he played the 4th he would have jacked up another 7 or 8 shots. In Minestota, he only played 18minutes and shot 2 for 9. In Chicago, he costs us the game thinking he was Ray Allen. Oh and By the Way, he was - 33 tonight, and -15 in Minnesota. Nicholson is playing better already.

He took 13 shots in 32 minutes, but if he played another few minutes he would have jacked up 8 more? Yeah, that math adds up.... Niko was -35, Ish was -25 in just 16 minutes, Redick was -26. In Minny all our starters were equally bad or worse in the +/- department. What's your point? And have you not noticed Davis is trying to pass more. Sure, he played 19 minutes in Minny, but he also had 4 assists in that time.. but let's glance over the effort he put in to be less selfish, amirite? Tonight, he had 5 assists through 3 quarters while it took our PG all game to get the same with 3x more turnovers.

Nicholson is not playing "better." He's scoring here and there off the bench, but his defense is atrocious. I can get on board with giving our offensively talented rookie more time, but you don't have to trade one of our only hustle players to do that.

Bo Outlaw wrote:Oh and I'm Rooting for Davis. I watched his "inside the Magic" video and seems he really had a tough life, but right now, he's exactly what this team doesn't need.

LOL you are not rooting for Davis... I don't care what you watched, you've been his biggest hater on this board this season. One bad shot early in the game and it's immediately "I hate Big Baby" or "he's my least favorite player in magic history." This is his first season starting at his natural position and whether you want him to or not he's expected to be a major contributor on offense each game. Does he not get time to learn, improve, adjust? Btw, I bet after the way we started, Davis and Redick are now at the top of every opponents' whiteboard.

I'm rooting for Davis to be a good player, but during the game I'm a dick to every player that messes up. Thats why on the gamethreads Big Baby pisses me off. I'm sorry for that lol. It's my competitive nature. Will work on it.
Bo Outlaw
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by Bo Outlaw » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:52 am

Btw, sorry "OrlandoO"
magic_turk
Veteran
And1: 4

Post#27 » by magic_turk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:59 am

MitchellUK wrote:I don't know about trading him, but I do know the Davis we want is the one who threw himself on the deck to rip the ball away from Brook Lopez tonight, whilst the Davis we're getting the majority of the time is the guy who puts his head down and barrels his way to the paint before throwing up off-balance layups, or who insists on shooting jumpers from several feet outside of his range.

YES!! That's the Davis I want, not the "go-to" scorer Davis...ughh I hate just thinking of it..
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#28 » by Horcy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 am

Bo Outlaw wrote:Btw, sorry "OrlandoO"

Go home kid and find something useful to do. Jerk :roll:
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#29 » by RookieStar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 am

Ummm BBD is doing great with leading this team as the tank commander no?
SmiteaDwight
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#30 » by SmiteaDwight » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 am

I'm not ready to give up on Davis. If our other players like Ayon, Smith, McRoberts and such continue to underperform(or perform up to their level?) Im all for Big Baby taking 20 shots, shooting 40% and him getting 20.

At least he has some touch around the rim, driving ability and a jumpshot. We have some guys who look like theyve never played before(Ayon).

I dont think we should trade him, because although i agree he is no one's idea of a star, he is still a solid backup in this league, and for this team this season, he might be our best player!

I say feed the Baby.
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#31 » by MagicFan32 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:53 pm

HE HAD 5 ASSISTS LAST NIGHT
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
CRCC
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#32 » by CRCC » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Pelople panick so quickly in this boar it is scary.

BBD will pick up his game. He is trying to do so much out there and making mistakes because of it.

Only 6 games in the season though.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#33 » by MoMM » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:16 pm

This board is really funny. In the start of the season he would be our leading scorer, BBD > D12 and now everyone wants to trade him for a ham sandwich.
Catledge
Starter
And1: 834

Post#34 » by Catledge » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 pm

I think people are being too hard on BBD for his shot selection. He takes a lot of shots because we have a lot of not-very-good offensive players on our team.

Having said that, it seems to me that if we're going to give a lot of post scoring chances to a guy who is going to miss a lot more than he makes, those chances might as well go to Vucivic and Nicolson. But that's at least as much on coaching and those other guys deciding to be aggressive as it is on Davis.

So I wouldn't trade Davis for a second round pick, but I would trade him for a decent rebuilding piece (first rounder or decent young guy).
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#35 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:00 pm

His struggles are definitely not related to any resemblence of a lack of effort. That's for damn sure.

Glen believes in himself so much that tries to do too much. It's not pretty seeing him get blocked and denied by Humphries and Brook's size advantage, but Davis' so confident in himself that he thinks he can push through it. Some games he'll be praised for it (first 2), other games he won't (last 3).

Jameer and Glen are the official co-captains of the team. Davis is going to take it upon himself to try to carry this team (especially with Nelson out) whether you like it or not.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#36 » by craig01 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 pm

Davis is what he is......he's really not a 20 and 10 guy, but he'll play hard.....but scoring options on this team are very limited......so if the ball isn't moving for whatever the reason may be, players will inevitably jack up shots.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#37 » by Last Guardian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Nothing to be bi-polar about. He is terrible. Even the shots he makes are normally terrible. His defense has taken a massive nosedive and he can't rebound. He gets blocked more than anyone in the league. Bottom line is for every good shooting game he has he'll probably have 3 or 4 awful ones. This guy is worse than watching Dwight, and that is saying something.

I still believe in this team. I think we have skill on offense and the ability to play smart team basketball. Having Baby seems to be ruining this, IMO. I'd like Harrington to replace him as soon as he is available (still want to bring Drew along slowly).
claudio-br
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#38 » by claudio-br » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Davis starts passing more instead of shooting.
''Whatta heck, Davis! You gotta shoot the rock more, I dont wanna see McRoberts shooting so much....''
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#39 » by tiderulz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Catledge wrote:I think people are being too hard on BBD for his shot selection. He takes a lot of shots because we have a lot of not-very-good offensive players on our team.

Having said that, it seems to me that if we're going to give a lot of post scoring chances to a guy who is going to miss a lot more than he makes, those chances might as well go to Vucivic and Nicolson. But that's at least as much on coaching and those other guys deciding to be aggressive as it is on Davis.

So I wouldn't trade Davis for a second round pick, but I would trade him for a decent rebuilding piece (first rounder or decent young guy).

JJ, Etwaun, Afflalo, Vucevic even, there are other players that have shown they are at least decent to good on offense. No reason for BBD to believe he needs to launch a shot every time he touches the ball.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#40 » by Last Guardian » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:32 pm

^^^ Yea these are poor excuses for Davis. This team has a few better offensive options than Davis, and add 2 more to the list when Nelson and Turk are back.

Return to Orlando Magic