yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the guy is a genius."

Moderators: Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq, Hilltop, damo[23], Devin 1L

Post#1 Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the guy
Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:04 pm by Cigamodnalro

"The responsibilities (Hennigan) laid out and the opportunity to work with him were too good to pass up," Lloyd said. "Our personalities are very similar. We've grown up in this computerized age of stats. The way we see and process things are similar. I think the guy is a genius."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012 ... que-vaughn

One can only hope there is a plan and that it's a good one. :pray:
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#2 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm by BadMofoPimp

FYI. I like money. If Henny gave me a good paying job, I would call him a genius! That guy can afford to get laid now. 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,287

Post#3 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 pm by in-limbo

I've seen that dude out, he pulls, don't worry.
in-limbo

Rookie
And1: 201

Post#4 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 pm by fendilim

"The responsibilities (Hennigan) laid out and the opportunity to work with him were too good to pass up," Lloyd said. "Our personalities are very similar. We've grown up in this computerized age of stats. The way we see and process things are similar. I think the guy is a genius."

He just doesn't want to say it directly. 8-)
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 140

Post#5 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 am by Horcy

Image ???

Who's the hell is that Elton John clone?
Horcy
Assistant Coach
And1: 10

Post#6 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 am by Nemesis21

Horcy wrote:Image ???

Who's the hell is that Elton John clone?

:rofl:
Nemesis21

RealGM
And1: 318

Post#7 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:42 am by OrlDave

I'm beginning to think he might be a genius. Vucevic is comparable with Brook Lopez right now with plenty of upside and at a fraction of the cost (Nik rebounds better, Lopez scores more). Etwan Moore has come out of nowhere to be a starting quality guard capable of covering the 1. Drew and Harkless are still rusty, but I suspect they'll get better. Honestly had Jameer and Hedo not gotten injured we'd likely be .500 or better. Although it's for the best that we aren't.
OrlDave

Starter
And1: 365

Post#8 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 am by Blue_and_Whte

It remains to be seen. I like every move he's made thus far.From moving dwight for assets to not over paying the overhyped one hit wonder Ryan "No, I'm not Troy Murphy "Anderson.

We picked up good young players,
Blue_and_Whte

RealGM
And1: 832

Post#9 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 am by Potterman

I'm so so on everything thus far. Got to let this season and a couple other seasons play out. So far, i'm pleased with the results. Were competing in all the games thus far. Its a start. The biggest thing is Nelsons injury more then Hedo. IMO. JJ and Moore off the bench will be sick.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#10 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 am by BadMofoPimp

Potterman wrote:I'm so so on everything thus far. Got to let this season and a couple other seasons play out. So far, i'm pleased with the results. Were competing in all the games thus far. Its a start. The biggest thing is Nelsons injury more then Hedo. IMO. JJ and Moore off the bench will be sick.

I disagree with this part. Magic have been absolutely crushed in at least (2) games.

But, once Nelson, Hedo and Harrington come back, I feel this team will put up good fights in games Win, Lose or Draw.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#11 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:02 pm by eyriq

I'm re-converted.
eyriq

Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 496

Post#12 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 am by Potterman

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Potterman wrote:I'm so so on everything thus far. Got to let this season and a couple other seasons play out. So far, i'm pleased with the results. Were competing in all the games thus far. Its a start. The biggest thing is Nelsons injury more then Hedo. IMO. JJ and Moore off the bench will be sick.

I disagree with this part. Magic have been absolutely crushed in at least (2) games.

But, once Nelson, Hedo and Harrington come back, I feel this team will put up good fights in games Win, Lose or Draw.

1 game was a automatic blowout that just didn't feel right. But I felt like we could have turned it around. Maybe I have kool-aid glasses on. I feel like were losing it in the last quarter and its within striking distance the rest of the time. I didn't see both nets games, I saw the one we got blown out and the one we more or less just lost.
:rockon: DEFCON - FIRESALE ON THE MAGIC! :rockon:
Potterman
Lead Assistant
And1: 35

Post#13 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm by BadMofoPimp

Potterman wrote:
1 game was a automatic blowout that just didn't feel right. But I felt like we could have turned it around. Maybe I have kool-aid glasses on. I feel like were losing it in the last quarter and its within striking distance the rest of the time. I didn't see both nets games, I saw the one we got blown out and the one we more or less just lost.

To me, it is starting to feel like other teams are coasting and turning it on in the 4th quarter against the Magic. Thus, we are looking better than we really are. I say feel like that. Hopefully, I am wrong. But, if this team ever gets healthy with Hedo, Meer and Harrington out there, they can compete with most teams in the league on any given night.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#14 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 pm by OrlDave

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Potterman wrote:

To me, it is starting to feel like other teams are coasting and turning it on in the 4th quarter against the Magic. Thus, we are looking better than we really are. I say feel like that. Hopefully, I am wrong. But, if this team ever gets healthy with Hedo, Meer and Harrington out there, they can compete with most teams in the league on any given night.

What is happening IMO is that we don't have that one go to guy to break the raised defensive pressure in the 4th that the good teams bring. We even had this problem a bit during the Dwight days. Couldn't really go to Dwight, so Jameer or Hedo needed to be that guy.
OrlDave

Starter
And1: 365

Post#15 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:38 pm by BadMofoPimp

OrlDave wrote:
What is happening IMO is that we don't have that one go to guy to break the raised defensive pressure in the 4th that the good teams bring. We even had this problem a bit during the Dwight days. Couldn't really go to Dwight, so Jameer or Hedo needed to be that guy.

You nailed it. When the opponent clamps down on defense it is like nobody gets a clean shot or can create their own shot. Except JJ sometimes, but he can only do so much. Really need Meer in the lineup for those situations.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#16 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm by Cigamodnalro

BadMofoPimp wrote:
OrlDave wrote:

You nailed it. When the opponent clamps down on defense it is like nobody gets a clean shot or can create their own shot. Except JJ sometimes, but he can only do so much. Really need Meer in the lineup for those situations.

Afflalo, Harkless, Vucevic and some future firsts for Carmelo ;)
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#17 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm by RookieStar

Guys.. henny is a genius or just plain lucky. We miss out on the nightmare that is Bynum's fatness and injury drama, we miss out on HOU's Royce White who could have been part of the package if we traded with them, we miss out on the meh-meh performance of iggy so far.
RookieStar

Lead Assistant
And1: 114

Post#18 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm by Cigamodnalro

RookieStar wrote:Guys.. henny is a genius or just plain lucky. We miss out on the nightmare that is Bynum's fatness and injury drama, we miss out on HOU's Royce White who could have been part of the package if we traded with them, we miss out on the meh-meh performance of iggy so far.

Plus that Toronto pick HOU was dangling could end up being anyone! It could even be this guy!

Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#19 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm by J the Drafter

OrlDave wrote:What is happening IMO is that we don't have that one go to guy to break the raised defensive pressure in the 4th that the good teams bring. We even had this problem a bit during the Dwight days. Couldn't really go to Dwight, so Jameer or Hedo needed to be that guy.

There was some feeling that Andrew and Harkless should have been in the Knicks game during the closing stretch, since their play got us back in it in the first place. The second Nets game involved the team battling a huge first quarter deficit, and the Bulls game included McRoberts the small forward for some points.
"No ski mask, no gun..."--DeQuan Jones, March 6, 2013 after the robbery against the Heat

It's straight up idiotic to think in 2 years the Lakers won't have a contending team....a damn good team at that.--DEEP3CL, Wed Aug 07, 2013
J the Drafter
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#20 Re: Matt Lloyd on Hennigan: "I think the
Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm by BadMofoPimp

LOL. When the teams put the pressure on and clamp down on defense in the 4th quarter, as if all of a sudden Harkless and Nicholson are going to create their own shots and save the day this early in their career.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Next

Return to Orlando Magic