ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 329

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#101 » by trebone » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 pm

I cant believe that Washington turned down singleton/beal for Harden imagine this healthy lineup

Wall
Harden
Ariza
Nene
Okafor

thats a playoff team IMO
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed 

Post#102 » by AhaAha » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:03 pm

That team doesn't win it all and would be capped out and in the lux. tax. They screwed up big time by taking all that longterm salary of okafor,ariza and nene. Especially the rashard trade looks even worse now.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#103 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Jannero Pargo - G - Wizards
The Lakers are "looking at" free agent Jannero Pargo.
Pargo started the season with the Wizards, and although the Bulls were linked to him, he has been out of work since being waived by Washington.

Oh god, if this happens our March game is a guaranteed loss.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
PeePee la Fritz
Sixth Man
And1: 84

Post#104 » by PeePee la Fritz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:41 pm

AhaAha wrote:Dwight has too many fans around the world to not be voted in. Iirc his jersey sales are still very high even after all the sh*t he pulled...
I want javale mcgee to be an allstar. He is the most entertaining player in the nba......by far

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BMeD0TS8Do[/youtube]

LOL!!!!! I love this and expect to see it on shaqtin a fool
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Post#105 » by AhaAha » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm

The more you watch it the better it gets. Calling the wide open three pointer a very tough shot...javale crashing full speed into lawson and not even helping him up. On top of his dumb play he was the best player of the game was 8 of 8 with 20 or something like that.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,790

Post#106 » by RookieStar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:
Jannero Pargo - G - Wizards
The Lakers are "looking at" free agent Jannero Pargo.
Pargo started the season with the Wizards, and although the Bulls were linked to him, he has been out of work since being waived by Washington.

Oh god, if this happens our March game is a guaranteed loss.

Magic Killer? Dang lakers out to spite us
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#107 » by MagicTownBaller » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:11 am

trebone wrote:I cant believe that Washington turned down singleton/beal for Harden imagine this healthy lineup

Wall
Harden
Ariza
Nene
Okafor

thats a playoff team IMO

If they were REALLY trying to make the playoffs this year, then I would've pulled the trigger on that deal. Otherwise, I'd rather keep the cheap talent that is Beal and Singleton.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#108 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:35 am

The Kendall Marshall situation begs the question what the most important attributes of a PG are.
Marshall is the textbook pass first guy, but to be a real good PG you have to be able to score either as a shooter, or as a finisher, the elite can do both. The other thing is court vision, when you see Ricky Rubio you see his court vision is elite, it seems like PG is becoming the hardest position to draft now, do you go for the DRose/Westbrook type? It seems hard to evaluate
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#109 » by tiderulz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:The Kendall Marshall situation begs the question what the most important attributes of a PG are.
Marshall is the textbook pass first guy, but to be a real good PG you have to be able to score either as a shooter, or as a finisher, the elite can do both. The other thing is court vision, when you see Ricky Rubio you see his court vision is elite, it seems like PG is becoming the hardest position to draft now, do you go for the DRose/Westbrook type? It seems hard to evaluate

Mark Jackson wasnt a shooter or finisher. His strength was passing and post game. Jason Kidd was elite with vision, he was a horrible shooter coming out of college and not the best finisher at the rim. I think it just depends on the player themselves and the situation they are in, not an abstract thing. Do we know whether the team Marshall is on in D-League has any actual talent that can finish with the passes made to them? And confidence is another thing. If his confidence is shot by not making the Suns team and going to D-League, that may play a big part in it
mattATK217
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#110 » by mattATK217 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:21 pm

So, when are we trading Ayon? Can that happen soon please? I'm sure no one watches our games, because everything thinks "we suck". That means everyone loves the big man on a cheap salary and won't know how bad he is. (See Lakers article about Duhon mentioned a few pages ago). Seriously, soon?
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#111 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan32 wrote:The Kendall Marshall situation begs the question what the most important attributes of a PG are.

Mark Jackson wasnt a shooter or finisher. His strength was passing and post game. Jason Kidd was elite with vision, he was a horrible shooter coming out of college and not the best finisher at the rim. I think it just depends on the player themselves and the situation they are in, not an abstract thing. Do we know whether the team Marshall is on in D-League has any actual talent that can finish with the passes made to them? And confidence is another thing. If his confidence is shot by not making the Suns team and going to D-League, that may play a big part in it

Jason Kidd isn't a fair comparison for KM because Kidd was a great rebounder and defender and was always athletic enough to get past his man. Also, kid could always shoot, but he wasn't a great jump shooter. His numbers from spot up shots were good, he just never had a chance to do that before Dallas. The biggest difference is also that Mark Jackson was a solid defender. If Marshall isn't going to score, it would be preferable that he not be a sieve on defense.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#112 » by tiderulz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:33 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Jason Kidd isn't a fair comparison for KM because Kidd was a great rebounder and defender and was always athletic enough to get past his man. Also, kid could always shoot, but he wasn't a great jump shooter. His numbers from spot up shots were good, he just never had a chance to do that before Dallas. The biggest difference is also that Mark Jackson was a solid defender. If Marshall isn't going to score, it would be preferable that he not be a sieve on defense.

I can agree with that. My point was that you can be a good to very good PG without having premier of both shooting AND vision. Rose to me doesnt have the best court vision, decent but not great, but leads and attacks opposing teams and defends. CP3 not the best defender, but good shooter and passer, Rondo horrible shooter but great vision and defense, Nash great shooter and vision horrible defense, Kidd initially a bad shooter but great defense and vision.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#113 » by Def Swami » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Seth
What do you think ultimately happens with Tyreke Evans? How is he regarded in NBA circles as far as the type of player he is (i.e. role player, star, franchise player, etc).

Steve Kyler
He is a ball dominating guy that some teams like… watch Orlando.
I think Tyreke gets traded mainly because Sacramento does not want to pay him. So its about what do they get back for him. He knows a trade is coming.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors-ch ... 4oPD0ov.99
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#114 » by Def Swami » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:55 pm

The regression of Evans has been one of the most puzzling story lines over the last two seasons.

Evans, who is in contract year, averaged 20.1 points, 5.7 assists and 5.3 rebounds during his Rookie of the Year campaign in the 2009-10 season, but is posting career-low numbers through the first 10 games of the season (12.5 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 3 APG).

What’s the biggest difference between his rookie season and his fourth year?

His outside shot hasn’t improved after spending all offseason working on it and the numbers suggest that it’s the easy shots (shots at the rim) that are keeping Tyreke from being as effective on the offensive end.

These statistics from HoopData.com break down Evans’ shot from all spots on the floor:

Rookie season: (37.2 minutes per game)

8.4 shot attempts per game at the rim (59.3 percent)

1.9 from 3-9 feet (33.3 percent)

0.5 from 10-15 feet (43.2 percent)

3.5 from 16-23 feet (32 percent)

2.0 from 3-point range (25 percent)

This season: (32.1 minutes per game)

5.0 shot attempts per game at the rim (60 percent)

1.4 from 3-9 feet (23.1 percent)

0 at 10-15 feet (0)

3.6 from 16-23 (25 percent)

1.4 from 3-point range (14.3 percent)

What the numbers suggest:
Evans is not getting to the rim like he did during his rookie season and is taking about the same amount of shots from 16-23 feet this season as he did in his rookie season, but he’s playing five fewer minutes per game.

The Kings could definitely benefit from Evans getting to the rim as they’re near the bottom of the NBA in field goal percentage (41.8 percent).

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/11/ ... struggles/
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#115 » by KingRobb02 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:06 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
The regression of Evans has been one of the most puzzling story lines over the last two seasons.

Evans, who is in contract year, averaged 20.1 points, 5.7 assists and 5.3 rebounds during his Rookie of the Year campaign in the 2009-10 season, but is posting career-low numbers through the first 10 games of the season (12.5 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 3 APG).

What’s the biggest difference between his rookie season and his fourth year?

His outside shot hasn’t improved after spending all offseason working on it and the numbers suggest that it’s the easy shots (shots at the rim) that are keeping Tyreke from being as effective on the offensive end.

These statistics from HoopData.com break down Evans’ shot from all spots on the floor:

Rookie season: (37.2 minutes per game)

8.4 shot attempts per game at the rim (59.3 percent)

1.9 from 3-9 feet (33.3 percent)

0.5 from 10-15 feet (43.2 percent)

3.5 from 16-23 feet (32 percent)

2.0 from 3-point range (25 percent)

This season: (32.1 minutes per game)

5.0 shot attempts per game at the rim (60 percent)

1.4 from 3-9 feet (23.1 percent)

0 at 10-15 feet (0)

3.6 from 16-23 (25 percent)

1.4 from 3-point range (14.3 percent)

What the numbers suggest:
Evans is not getting to the rim like he did during his rookie season and is taking about the same amount of shots from 16-23 feet this season as he did in his rookie season, but he’s playing five fewer minutes per game.

The Kings could definitely benefit from Evans getting to the rim as they’re near the bottom of the NBA in field goal percentage (41.8 percent).

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/11/ ... struggles/

His foot injury had a lot to do with his shot selection. He was never a top level athlete, and once he lost a step, getting to the rim was a lot harder.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#116 » by MagicTownBaller » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Seth
What do you think ultimately happens with Tyreke Evans? How is he regarded in NBA circles as far as the type of player he is (i.e. role player, star, franchise player, etc).

Steve Kyler
He is a ball dominating guy that some teams like… watch Orlando.
I think Tyreke gets traded mainly because Sacramento does not want to pay him. So its about what do they get back for him. He knows a trade is coming.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors-ch ... 4oPD0ov.99

I would love to take a chance on Tyreke, but what kind of contract is he expecting this off-season? Max? 4 years $40M? Arron Afflalo contract? That would decide for us whether or not we should take a chance on him. I think he is a great player though who would EXCEL on a team with a decent coach and players around him.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#117 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Anyone remember the rumor from the summer? Henny offered Harrington for Tyreke, but the Kings counter-offered Tyreke for Redick.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#118 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 pm

I see Tyreke and think to myself, "where would this guy fit on this team?" Personally, I like Afflalo and JJ better for this team as team players than Tyreke.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#119 » by Def Swami » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Anyone remember the rumor from the summer? Henny offered Harrington for Tyreke, but the Kings counter-offered Tyreke for Redick.

I vaguely remember something like that.

I'm somewhat hesitant to pursue Tyreke. His stats, prior to his injury this season, were getting better and better. He was scoring pretty well and getting to the line. But, like the article said, he hasn't mimicked his ROY play since the rookie year.

I'm inclined to believe that he can excel on a team where he is given freedom and a veteran presence. I don't know how much of a play maker he can be. He hasn't been thrown into that role since the ascension of Isaiah Thomas. And, I'm not sure how much better of a 2 guard he is than Afflalo or JJ. I think he has to be point guard to maximize his potential. And that raises the question, what do you do with Jameer?

I wouldn't give Redick solely for Evans. Either we get a draft pick coming back our way with Evans, or we give them a package around other players like Harrington, Turk, and/or BBD.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#120 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:30 pm

I would trade for Tyreke Evans in a heartbeat. People seem to forget he is only 23. I would say that it is very unlikely we find a wing that has a ceiling like Tyreke does in this next draft.

Would Sactown like a trade based around Affalo for Evans? I see him as a nice fit there. Skilled veteran locked up on a decent contract that will be able to add a bit of consistency to the club (and would be a top 2 player on a team heading into a new city possibly). Evans could take over Affalo's role as a scorer and could be a bit of a playmaker as well.

Return to Orlando Magic