ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#81 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm

arkknight1988 wrote:
RickB-Orlando wrote:Kevin Love is starting to sound more than a little unhappy with Minnesota and David Kahn. To me, he's just the type of guy we would want to move mountains to trade for if he tells them he wants a trade.

hes just like other stars, he wants to team up in a big market

Oh ShiP!!! This is eerily similar how the Magic were getting shafted. Lakers turn down Williams/Pekovic and counter with Gasol for Love. Then, Minnesota trades Love for Gasol who ends up not playing due to knee tendinitis and the Wolves are lottery bound for another decade. I can see it now. Actually, Love is a better 3 point shooter than Ryno and would fit perfectly with Dwight, Nash and Kobe out on the wing.

This is all part of L.A. Sterns master plan.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#82 » by Bensational » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Love just signed a massive extension. Wolves should make him ride it out. Or at least give it a couple seasons with him and Rubio.
PeePee la Fritz
Sixth Man
And1: 84

Post#83 » by PeePee la Fritz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am

MagicFan32 wrote:@WojYahooNBA
As a Suns lottery pick, it is downright disturbing how poorly point guard Kendall Marshall is playing for Bakersfield of the D-League.

Looks like we dodged a bullet, I know alot of people wanted him

Not gonna lie, I was high on Marshall before the draft
PeePee la Fritz
Sixth Man

Post#84 » by PeePee la Fritz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 am

pogiro wrote:
MagicFan32 wrote:Well just thought you guys should know here in LA for the last week the media and fans have been KILLING Dawhite. they spent a whole week talking about his free throws, and alot of fans think he's mentally weak, if things don't change soon, he blames his teammates in the media all the time, never talks about what "HE" can do better nothing has changed :lol:

He does say he can do this and that, but it's just half-assed team talk. You can tell that he thinks he's doing everything he can though. Like for instance the free throws, when people bring it up he's always said that all he can do is shoot it the way he's been shooting it, and not thinking about it, because that's when he misses. Yea... sure, keep shooting and not thinking, it's been working wonderfully thus far.

And not only does his free throw shooting have a bigger spotlight on it now, but is truly does have a bigger impact that it would have in Orlando. If teams intentionally fouled Dwight in Orlando, whatever, he was our best offensive option anyways. But fouling Dwight down the stretch in L.A. keeps it out of Kobe's hands in crunch time. That's huge. I really don't see much of an option except taking him out of the game when the game's close.

He was protected in Orlando. No more. Hilarious.

I live in LA also and I do not know what TV or Radio Shows you are watching, but Time Warner Sports Net (The Lakers Channel), The Jim Ireland show, and others are protecting Dwight like there's no tomorrow. The blame is being placed on Pau, Nash being hurt, D'Antoni's lack of defense and others. Dwight is not getting bashed, he got criticized a bit about his free throws but that stopped immediately when he had an adverse reaction to it. Everyone in LA realizes he is an Unrestricted FA in the summer and are tiptoeing around so as not to hurt his feelings. LA is terrified he bolts and they have nothing to build around once Kobe, Pau, Nash, etc all retire or decline even further. So mainstream LA is NOT on Dwight's case whatsoever
magic321
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#85 » by magic321 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 am

I can't get over how bad the lakers are this season - down by 12 against one of the worst teams in the NBA. Is it a Duhon curse?
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#86 » by NickAnderson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:18 am

magic321 wrote:I can't get over how bad the lakers are this season - down by 12 against one of the worst teams in the NBA. Is it a Duhon curse?

I'm loving it!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,201

Post#87 » by thelead » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:25 am

magic321 wrote:I can't get over how bad the lakers are this season - down by 12 against one of the worst teams in the NBA. Is it a Duhon curse?

They do suck right now, but its not fair to call out the cavs like that. Kyrie is making his comeback tonight so it's not exactly the same bad cavs.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#88 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:27 am

Dwight let Verajao blow by him and throw down a nasty dunk. Dwight looks mentally broken lol.
aka: prorl
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#89 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:28 am

NickAnderson wrote:

I'm loving it!
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
PeePee la Fritz
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by PeePee la Fritz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 am

And they play the Knicks next.....loss
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#91 » by in-limbo » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am

Who's goin tomorrow night. We need a full house...and great shooting.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#92 » by KillMonger » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 am

MagicFan32 wrote:@WojYahooNBA
As a Suns lottery pick, it is downright disturbing how poorly point guard Kendall Marshall is playing for Bakersfield of the D-League.

Looks like we dodged a bullet, I know alot of people wanted him

I knew that this dude had scrub written all over him and i was right. When i was in lurker mode around here i remember that quite a few were high on him talking about "pass-first" and all that. Drsd just recently wanted to trade for this scrub, you sure you want him Drsd? laughable this dude is struggling in the D-league and he's supposed to be our PG of the future? goes to show that good scouting goes a LOOOOOOONG way
magic321
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#93 » by magic321 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:21 am

PeePee la Fritz wrote:And they play the Knicks next.....loss

The Lakers don’t just have defensive problems or offensive problems; they just have problems.
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#94 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 am

i havent browsed the boards enough - are we making a concerted effort to dilute Dwight's all-star game votes?

what 3 forwards are we going with? Durant. Alridge & Duncan? Or Dirk?
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#95 » by Def Swami » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 am

NickAndersonsBack25 wrote:i havent browsed the boards enough - are we making a concerted effort to dilute Dwight's all-star game votes?

what 3 forwards are we going with? Durant. Alridge & Duncan? Or Dirk?

I tend to vote players who are on playoff teams or ones that are over-achieving. So Durant, Duncan, and Z-Bo for me. If you want to dilute the vote, then yeah, use Dirk or Love instead of Z-Bo.
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed 

Post#96 » by AhaAha » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Dwight has too many fans around the world to not be voted in. Iirc his jersey sales are still very high even after all the sh*t he pulled...
I want javale mcgee to be an allstar. He is the most entertaining player in the nba......by far

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BMeD0TS8Do[/youtube]
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#97 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 pm

jdz101 wrote:Chris Duhon is probably the worst player in the NBA. Why is he playing 30 minutes plus? This guy is an abomination. You could grab several untried rookies or D-League players that will be less of a liability than DooDoo on both ends of the floor.

Remember when Lakers fans said in the preseason that Duhon was an upgrade over Blake? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Post#98 » by AhaAha » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
jdz101 wrote:Chris Duhon is probably the worst player in the NBA. Why is he playing 30 minutes plus? This guy is an abomination. You could grab several untried rookies or D-League players that will be less of a liability than DooDoo on both ends of the floor.

Remember when Lakers fans said in the preseason that Duhon was an upgrade over Blake? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duhon was hilarious last game...he tried to shoot a three from like 40 feet and during crunch time Kobe gave him the ball with 10 seconds left because he coudnt get an open look..Dudu, the scared chicken that he is, gave him the ball right back and Kobe had to shoot a contested three and was furious after...
londoncollin
Bench Warmer
And1: 231

Post#99 » by londoncollin » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

Remember this?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1278 ... ward-trade
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#100 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 pm

londoncollin wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

Remember this?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1278 ... ward-trade

Quotes from the article:
"Not only is Duhon a very good shooter but he's a good facilitator too."

"Fortunately, Orlando will be willing to give up Duhon because of his contract."

"Duhon might not be as exciting as Blake, but he is more consistent. The Lakers need a back-up point guard they can count on, which is why Chris Duhon should be asked for in any potential Dwight Howard trade. "

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to Orlando Magic