ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#121 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:30 pm

If Tyreke had a solid 3 point shot, then he would be very valuable. He is like a player that would be great as a SF, but is not big enough and is stuck between PG and SG with no definitive role.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,365

Post#122 » by Bensational » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd be very welcome to giving Tyreke a shot. He may very well just need a new start and a new voice in JV.

The kid had raw skills, but he really hasn't been developed well at all. I don't understand how, since he's not a troublemaker. He could actually benefit from playing with JJ, IMO.
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#123 » by msmoore66 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah I would get involved with a Tyreke trade. Just wouldn't want to trade JJ for him, one because as Ben said they would likely work very well together and two I don't know how I could cope without JJ on this team.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#124 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Tyreke, like Redick, is a FA this summer. I'm cool with him at his current salary, but (despite his many shortcomings) he'll get double what he's making now on the open market.

I'd rather have a 5 month rental of Redick than a 5 month rental of Tyreke. Given where our franchise stands, I'd rather have a draft pick in the 10-15 range than either.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 337

Post#125 » by msmoore66 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote: I'd rather have a draft pick in the 10-15 range than either.

Really? I can agree with that pick over Tyreke and then losing him in FA or having to overpay. Don't know if I agree about JJ though. Seems to be a weak draft so I would rather try keep the model professional veteran who is still a very solid contributor. Once again it depends how much management think he will cost of course.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#126 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:Tyreke, like Redick, is a FA this summer. I'm cool with him at his current salary, but (despite his many shortcomings) he'll get double what he's making now on the open market.

I'd rather have a 5 month rental of Redick than a 5 month rental of Tyreke. Given where our franchise stands, I'd rather have a draft pick in the 10-15 range than either.

Why would Tyreke be a 5 month rental?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#127 » by Def Swami » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Zmill wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:Tyreke, like Redick, is a FA this summer. I'm cool with him at his current salary, but (despite his many shortcomings) he'll get double what he's making now on the open market.

He's a restricted free agent this off-season. Another team could toss him a ridiculous offer that would be tough to match.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#128 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Face the facts, players like JJ and Tyreke won't be traded to be rentals.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#129 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Zmill wrote:

He's a restricted free agent this off-season. Another team could toss him a ridiculous offer that would be tough to match.

Let me guess, you're one of those guys who called each RFA signing this offseason over paid (Curry, Holiday, Batum, Harden, etc. the list goes on).

Any RFA pg/wing with all-star upside is going to get 10+ mill in the new CBA. Any RFA big man with all-star upside is going to get the max. If you want talent, you have to pay for it. I think Evans will probably get 4 years 10-12 mill per (maybe a bit more even depends on what the number is though), and I would probably be down with that contract. I don't understand how fans want to build through the draft yet call every RFA signing overpaid. Kind of contradictory.

Oh and BTW this post was not directed to any single user in particular moreso just the group of users that literally called every RFA signing this summer overpaid.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#130 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:55 pm

msmoore66 wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote: I'd rather have a draft pick in the 10-15 range than either.

Really? I can agree with that pick over Tyreke and then losing him in FA or having to overpay. Don't know if I agree about JJ though. Seems to be a weak draft so I would rather try keep the model professional veteran who is still a very solid contributor. Once again it depends how much management think he will cost of course.

I think to certain teams JJ Redick is worth considerably more than a first round draft pick. Those teams are vying for playoff spots, or even for the NBA championship. We are a team in the midst of a complete rebuild with a number of model professional veterans including Jameer Nelson, Arron Afflalo, Glen Davis, and Al Harrington locked into long term contracts.

I love Redick, and I'll miss him when he's playing for another team, but part of me wishes he were gone, especially when the possible return is a upper-mid first round pick that could well be our lottery ticket to a faster and better rebuild. Frankly, I'm not sure locking another veteran into a long-term contract (even a high character veteran like Redick) at upwards of $7,000,000 a year is prudent for this team. It's time to move on, get younger, lose some games, and hopefully come back stronger than we ever were before.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM

Post#131 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Zmill wrote:Let me guess, you're one of those guys who called each RFA signing this offseason over paid (Curry, Holiday, Batum, Harden, etc. the list goes on).

Any RFA pg/wing with all-star upside is going to get 10+ mill in the new CBA.

To be clear, paying Tyreke Evans upwards of $10,000,000 a season WOULD be an overpay. Someone will make that mistake, and I'd love for it not to be us. I think Tyreke has potential and that he's a fun player to watch, but there's too much uncertainty to throw that sort of money at him. That's how so many teams got into such salary cap predicaments in the first place.

#whatwouldrccbuforddo
#whatwouldsamprestido, not
#whatwouldbillykingdo
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#132 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Tyreke is not a PG with all-star upside. Sorry. He is about Rodney Stuckey upside.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#133 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
To be clear, paying (insert young rfa with all star potential here) upwards of $10,000,000 a season WOULD be an overpay. Someone will make that mistake, and I'd love for it not to be us. I think (insert young rfa with all star potential here) has potential and that he's a fun player to watch, but there's too much uncertainty to throw that sort of money at him. That's how so many teams got into such salary cap predicaments in the first place.

#whatwouldsanantoniodo

Hmmm how many times did I see this exact post this past offseason about nearly every RFA on the market.

OK so if Tyreke Evans puts up the same production is he now then that 10 mill contract isn't great at all. But still moveable. How about we entertain the other side for a bit though.

What happens if we sign a 23 year old Tyreke Evans to a 4 year 10mill-12mill and he ends up becoming the next Harden/Mayo? WOW that would be a GREAT contract. A all-star caliber wing player in his prime locked up for 10mill per? awesome
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#134 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Tyreke is not a PG with all-star upside. Sorry. He is about Rodney Stuckey upside.

Please don't tell me you actually believe this.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#135 » by arkknight1988 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm

if tyreke gets in the right situation he could become this years oj mayo, or michael beasley. can't call it with this guy
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#136 » by Def Swami » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Zmill wrote:Let me guess, you're one of those guys who called each RFA signing this offseason over paid (Curry, Holiday, Batum, Harden, etc. the list goes on).

Any RFA pg/wing with all-star upside is going to get 10+ mill in the new CBA. Any RFA big man with all-star upside is going to get the max. If you want talent, you have to pay for it. I think Evans will probably get 4 years 10-12 mill per (maybe a bit more even depends on what the number is though), and I would probably be down with that contract. I don't understand how fans want to build through the draft yet call every RFA signing overpaid. Kind of contradictory.

Oh and BTW this post was not directed to any single user in particular moreso just the group of users that literally called every RFA signing this summer overpaid.

I didn't have too much of a problem with the guys who got their deals over the summer. But, I would not pay Evans $10 mill+. That to me seems pretty risky considering he has shown steady decline in his game since his rookie year and absolutely no improvement shooting the ball. I don't mind taking a risk on Evans, but I wouldn't jeopardize the future or put all our eggs in Tyreke's basket because I don't think he can live up the caliber of guys who got their deals last year.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#137 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Same thing when the Pistons re-signed Stuckey to $8.5 mil for 3 years. Fortunately, it was only 3 years. At the time, he was the Point Guard that was more like a SG with no outside shot who took the ball to the hoop all the time. Ends up he is not effective as a SG and not a great facilitator to play PG as a Starter. But, he plays good defense at 6'5" and can score. So, now the Pistons have a $8.5 mil backup PG/SG. Sounds like Tyreke to me.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#138 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Bensational wrote:I'd be very welcome to giving Tyreke a shot. He may very well just need a new start and a new voice in JV.

The kid had raw skills, but he really hasn't been developed well at all. I don't understand how, since he's not a troublemaker. He could actually benefit from playing with JJ, IMO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhs1-PWP2s[/youtube]
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,873

Post#139 » by Last Guardian » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Can we end this trade Redick talk? It may very well happen but it is too depressing to think about. He should be Magic for life.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,786

Post#140 » by RookieStar » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Bensational wrote:I'd be very welcome to giving Tyreke a shot. He may very well just need a new start and a new voice in JV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhs1-PWP2s[/youtube]

Look at that guy weave through traffic, he eludes defenders like they weren't even there.
/green
Yup we need this guy for...oh wait

Return to Orlando Magic