ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#861 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:56 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:I guess I'm just going to end up coming in here with a ass ton of told you so's just like I could with James Harden when everyone swore he couldn't be a #1 option.

Now, they want Brandon Jennings, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#862 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:57 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:I guess I'm just going to end up coming in here with a ass ton of told you so's just like I could with James Harden when everyone swore he couldn't be a #1 option.

Huh

I remember most users on here thought Harden would excel on his own team.. except for the same guys who always say "signing *insert all-star here* would cause mediocrity the next 5 years"
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#863 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:07 pm

Zmill wrote:

Huh

I remember most users on here thought Harden would excel on his own team.. except for the same guys who always say "signing *insert all-star here* would cause mediocrity the next 5 years"

I saw quite a bit of it. Not sure on the thread though....

Could have also been on 1 other forum
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#864 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:19 pm

I would prefer Rudy Gay to Jennings. Similar contracts (give or take 3-4 mill per) but Gay has some of the highest upside in the league and already plays at an all-star level.

I also prefer having a all-star wing that can create his own shot versus a ball-dominant PGs. In my opinion contending teams are better off with "game managers" at the point guard position.

Is anyone going to tell me that this isn't a tough, gritty team that you wouldn't want to face in the first round::

Jameer
JJ/Afflalo (whichever one doesn't get traded)
Gay
BBD
Vuc
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#865 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:39 pm

Zmill wrote:I would prefer Rudy Gay to Jennings. Similar contracts (give or take 3-4 mill per) but Gay has some of the highest upside in the league and already plays at an all-star level.

I also prefer having a all-star wing that can create his own shot versus a ball-dominant PGs. In my opinion contending teams are better off with "game managers" at the point guard position.

Is anyone going to tell me that this isn't a tough, gritty team that you wouldn't want to face in the first round::

Jameer
Gay
BBD
Vuc

Good point.

I'd love getting that and then somehow snagging up Nerlens or Tony Mitchell ;)
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#866 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:40 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#867 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:46 pm

Rick Rolled wrote:
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

This would be great for Sea and the NBA. If it does happen I hope the Sonics can get their history and name back.
aka: prorl
Rick Rolled
General Manager

Post#868 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:47 pm

The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.

The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.
Rick Rolled
General Manager

Post#869 » by Rick Rolled » Wed Jan 9, 2013 6:58 pm

Man, Sacramento fans must feel gutted right now.

Good ownership is so unbelievably important. We were in Sactown's shoes a short time ago, but the city and the Devos family came through. (it also helped that our team was on the rise)
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#870 » by InFlames » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:17 pm

The Maloofs are awful, I feel bad for Kings fans.
Deadcellz
Senior
And1: 212

Post#871 » by Deadcellz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:22 pm

feel bad for kings fans also, i wanted to see seattle get a team but not this way
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#872 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:30 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
Zmill wrote:I would prefer Rudy Gay to Jennings. Similar contracts (give or take 3-4 mill per) but Gay has some of the highest upside in the league and already plays at an all-star level.

Jameer
Gay
BBD
Vuc

Good point.

I'd love getting that and then somehow snagging up Nerlens or Tony Mitchell ;)

a point guuard in the draft would definitely be nice. i think its a pretty deep position i this draft
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#873 » by Def Swami » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:30 pm

Scott (Santa Barbara, CA)
Should the Clippers get involved in the hunt for Gay? Bledsoe, Butler, and a filler would seem to make since fit both teams. Clips can't afford to pay Bledsoe long term and they don't need all the depth come playoff time.

Chad Ford (1:29 PM)
Such a tough call given how well the Clippers are playing right now ... while Gay would be a great fit and an upgrade in the starting line-up, Bledsoe and Butler make a difference for them and I'm not sure how the chemistry would be affected. Really tough call, but if the Clippers were offering Bledsoe, the Grizzlies would have to listen.

I find it interesting how much Ford values Bledsoe.
KingRobb02
Lead Assistant
And1: 917

Post#874 » by KingRobb02 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:34 pm

Deadcellz wrote:feel bad for kings fans also, i wanted to see seattle get a team but not this way

Why feel bad for Kings fans? They stole the team from KC and no one was going to games anyway. The Maloofs are broke, and it's either this or the move to Virginia that they keep flirting with.

If anything feel bad for the horrible mess the team has become since 2002.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#875 » by RickB-Orlando » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:10 pm

Jameer
Gay
BBD
Vuc

Yep. He's going to be overpaid for the next few years, but he's much better than anything else out there that's available.
Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 96

Post#876 » by Hotshot Hower » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:29 pm

Whoa whoa compadre.

Not to toot my own town but I was on the Harden bandwagon being a capable #1 option throughout the last year or so after I saw Ibaka's extension in which was a precursor to the inevitable situation the Thunder would eventually be in (trading Harden).
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#877 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:29 pm

Thank God we are staying clear of the Rudy Gay sweepstakes. The last thing this franchise needs is to get in salary cap trouble again for a good player who wont move us closer to a championship.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#878 » by Viper1500 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:33 pm

I have a friend whose a King fan, he was very depressed about it last year when the discussions were ongoing, but it seems as if hes came to terms that Sac town does not deserve a team there at the moment
Hotshot Hower
Veteran
And1: 96

Post#879 » by Hotshot Hower » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:46 pm

You guys are nuts to overvalue Jameer over Brandon Jennings.

Yes, Jameer is a "leader" and yes, he's more disciplined when it comes to is duties.

But he's already 30 years old while Brandon is 23. :lol:

I know we tend to get lost in "homerism" and don't get me wrong I love Jameer, but when it comes to now and the future (for example a trade) Jennings (with some guidance) could be be "leaps and bounds" far more effective/productive with a year or two under his belt in JV's system than Jameer. Of course he seems like an enigma at this point, but where was Jameer at 23? A backup to Steve Francis who looked to score rather than facilitate.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#880 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 8:58 pm

Skiles is a good coach and he couldn't help Jennings.

Jennings is a Shoot First Chucker.

He is really a SG in a PG's body.

I just know it for a fact that people want him and once he is here, everyone will be pissed off watching him chuck up 17 shots per game hitting about 40% and being unable to trade his albatross $10mil per contract he wants. Because, this kid has a massive ego to boot.

Stay very very very far away. I would only take on Jennings if he would sign for $7 mil or less per year.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic