ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1381 » by glennathan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Lets say that a team gets an All-star caliber SG or just below. They pay them $10 to 12 mil per. You get a quality backup about $2-5 mil. It is close enough that you may as well pay two very Good SG's $8 mil each and be able to change lineups depending on the matchup and get a full 48 mpg production out of that position. Besides, both can play multiple positions.

I like this thought BMP.

I agree that depth is key to winning (look at the clippers).

I believe that the next draft is key to getting the team turned into a winning culture. By then we will see what happened at the deadline and what will most likely take place as far as trades in the draft
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
And1: 292

Post#1382 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
RYgoBOOM wrote:I'm fully aware of all the other needs of the team I was just saying that as a fan I'd rather have a very good SG and then a JR Smith/Kyle Korver/Ellington type guy.

I don't think AA and JJ can coexist as good as most here do....So IMO trying to go after a higher tier SG and a quality affordable backup will be a better situation. I'd love keeping JJ for 8 mil though I just don't think we should pay 2 people 8 mil and then be mediocre. Also, I understand the lack of quality F/As, I am just saying in my opinion this seems like a solid goal

Well, SG does not make or break a team. Explain to me an "Available Higher Tier SG" that will be available that would provide a better nucleus than JJ and Afflalo? Then, why should the goal be obtaining an elite SG when Afflalo And JJ could be hold down the position admirably playing with an Elite SF or PF?

FYI. Magic went to the finals with CLee as their SG. Who did Dallas have as their shooting guard on their finals trips? People seem to presume that elite players are available everywhere.

I see what you're saying for sure, I just don't like AA here, or JJ trying to cash in because he's improved every year "every NBA player should be help accountable to improve" I honestly think Moe will be our SF of the future though so most of the plans in my head are running with the SF position being set for the future
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1383 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
I see what you're saying for sure, I just don't like AA here, or JJ trying to cash in because he's improved every year "every NBA player should be help accountable to improve" I honestly think Moe will be our SF of the future though so most of the plans in my head are running with the SF position being set for the future

I agree on Afflalo, but I think JJ doesn't get an offer over $8 mil per from any team. He is good, but not great. At least he is a decent leader on the team. As far as Moe is concerned, the jury is out on me. I am not convinced he is the SF of the future until I see if he develops a good BB IQ over the next 2 years of his rookie contract. Heck, if Wafer cannot stick, then I have to see much more from Harkless as Wafer could do more than just flashy dunks.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#1384 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
RYgoBOOM wrote:

I agree on Afflalo, but I think JJ doesn't get an offer over $8 mil per from any team. He is good, but not great. At least he is a decent leader on the team. As far as Moe is concerned, the jury is out on me. I am not convinced he is the SF of the future until I see if he develops a good BB IQ over the next 2 years of his rookie contract. Heck, if Wafer cannot stick, then I have to see much more from Harkless as Wafer could do more than just flashy dunks.

I just see Moe's D as a big + right now. If he can improve his 3 ball and get into the flow of the offense he will flourish. I feel like he has that motor to improve as well? Could be me lol

He has also had quite a few diff 3 and 4 block games....They aren't happening all the time or anything but anyone that can get those type of numbers at the SF position in 19 minutes is clearly valuable. Even without using him much on the offensive end.

I think he will be a gem in 2 years
www.TheAutoSkin.com

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1385 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:I just see Moe's D as a big + right now. If he can improve his 3 ball and get into the flow of the offense he will flourish. I feel like he has that motor to improve as well? Could be me lol

He has also had quite a few diff 3 and 4 block games....They aren't happening all the time or anything but anyone that can get those type of numbers at the SF position in 19 minutes is clearly valuable. Even without using him much on the offensive end.

I think he will be a gem in 2 years

I would love Moe to prove everyone wrong or right! But, sometimes, if a player doesn't learn to play the NBA game and only relies on athleticism, they won't be a starter on a Playoff or Championship caliber team because this is team basketball. But, I like Moe's chances for success. Odds are in his favor and he has the right coaches and players around him to get to improve.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Carlos Arroyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 126

Post#1386 » by Carlos Arroyo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 pm

we should trade etwaan for arivers
and get jeremy lamb from okc
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#1387 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Carlos Arroyo wrote:we should trade etwaan for arivers

I wouldn't mind having Austin as a backup but IMO Jameer will be a backup soon if we end up drafting the best PG in the draft
www.TheAutoSkin.com

RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer

Post#1388 » by RYgoBOOM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Jennings has been averaging 23.6 PPG, 6.3 APG over the last 3 Bucks wins? While hitting on 45%.

Jennings is also 6-2 while leading the team after Skiles got dropped.....while getting 22.6 PPG and Eastern conference player of the week as well.

Mofo care to change your judgement on brandon yet? ;) lol
www.TheAutoSkin.com

magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#1389 » by magicmamma » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Well, SG does not make or break a team. Explain to me an "Available Higher Tier SG" that will be available that would provide a better nucleus than JJ and Afflalo? Then, why should the goal be obtaining an elite SG when Afflalo And JJ could be hold down the position admirably playing with an Elite SF or PF?

FYI. Magic went to the finals with CLee as their SG. Who did Dallas have as their shooting guard on their finals trips? People seem to presume that elite players are available everywhere.

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I like both jj and aa but I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to move aa rather than jj though. I think hennigan would catch much slack from an already scored fan base if he traded jj.

I agree with both of these. We are better off at 2 guard than we have been since I started following the Magic in 04-05. I'd like to keep them both. But when the Magic are struggling to fill the seats, it would be crazy to let the arena fans' favorite player go.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1390 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 pm

Jameer has averaged:

17.8ppg 7.8ast 3.2rpg while shooting .405 from the 3 off of an average 8 3 point shots per game!!!

Jameer is a better field general. Anyways, it is not that I don't like Brandon's play, it is that I don't like him on this team. I don't like his "me-first, chuck as many as I can" personality. He is not the leader of that team. I feel he would have terrible chemistry on this team and be a bad influence on the young guys. But, I hope he has a great career.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1391 » by MagicTownBaller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

How about no?
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Carlos Arroyo
Pro Prospect
And1: 126

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX 

Post#1392 » by Carlos Arroyo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:

How about no?

why not?
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1393 » by MagicTownBaller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Carlos Arroyo wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:

How about no?

why not?

Because Rivers is worse then Moore.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#1394 » by woosah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Interesting preview videos from the coach and Glen on the magic site. In the first part of the video the reporter seemed to press about the mood in practice and coach just kept answering, "we had a good practice". The answer got more and more firm, and his body language was tight. Then asked about Arron and with a clinched jaw said it was the flow of the game.

Glen's was good, but i did notice how he said he "had to do more things to affect the game that doesn't involve scoring" and he rolled his eyes up kind of mockingly (my opinion on that look on his face) when he said it. Glen also said that you will see a different Arron tomorrow. Whatever it was from last night, they seemed to address it and hopefully tomorrow all will be well in magicland.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#1395 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

woosah wrote:Interesting preview videos from the coach and Glen on the magic site. In the first part of the video the reporter seemed to press about the mood in practice and coach just kept answering, "we had a good practice". The answer got more and more firm, and his body language was tight. Then asked about Arron and with a clinched jaw said it was the flow of the game.

Glen's was good, but i did notice how he said he "had to do more things to affect the game that doesn't involve scoring" and he rolled his eyes up kind of mockingly (my opinion on that look on his face) when he said it. Glen also said that you will see a different Arron tomorrow. Whatever it was from last night, they seemed to address it and hopefully tomorrow all will be well in magicland.

the two main things that stood out about yesterday being odd, to me, was AA's tweet about "you wanted your chance... now you got it... opportunity is here, go get it" (or something to that affect), and then his post game comment of "it was just an off game, i'm sorry i can't elaborate on that".

definitely suggests there was a lot more going on. doesn't necessarily have to be team/player related. maybe he's got some major home crises going on and he just doesn't feel like sharing that with the media, which i fully admire and respect. who knows.

if it is player related, then that really seems to contradict every report about him being a high character, fighting player.

i like the AA/JJ tandem, but if we land a high pick in the draft and can get McLemore or Bazz, then i seriously hope we jump on them.
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#1396 » by NickAnderson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:15 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Jameer has averaged:

17.8ppg 7.8ast 3.2rpg while shooting .405 from the 3 off of an average 8 3 point shots per game!!!

Jameer is a better field general. Anyways, it is not that I don't like Brandon's play, it is that I don't like him on this team. I don't like his "me-first, chuck as many as I can" personality. He is not the leader of that team. I feel he would have terrible chemistry on this team and be a bad influence on the young guys. But, I hope he has a great career.

Brandon scored 55 in one game though.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#1397 » by tski1972 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Bucks fan here, wondering if anyone here is interested in this idea....

Ellis/T. Harris

for

Afflalo/D. Jones

I get the sense you're looking for a SF and Harris is only 20 years old and shows signs of being a descent scorer albeit a bit weak defensively. Ellis does have a player option for next year, but I can't see him wanting to stay in Orlando if you guys are rebuilding. If he opts out you can re-sign Redick quite easily and you are in a good position for one of the top SG in the 2013 draft.

The Bucks desperately need some size in the backcourt and Afflalo would be a good fit. I threw Jones in to help match the salaries, but he gives the Bucks some depth at the SG/SF.

Thoughts?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#1398 » by tiderulz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:36 pm

tski1972 wrote:Bucks fan here, wondering if anyone here is interested in this idea....

Ellis/T. Harris

for

Afflalo/D. Jones

I get the sense you're looking for a SF and Harris is only 20 years old and shows signs of being a descent scorer albeit a bit weak defensively. Ellis does have a player option for next year, but I can't see him wanting to stay in Orlando if you guys are rebuilding. If he opts out you can re-sign Redick quite easily and you are in a good position for one of the top SG in the 2013 draft.

The Bucks desperately need some size in the backcourt and Afflalo would be a good fit. I threw Jones in to help match the salaries, but he gives the Bucks some depth at the SG/SF.

Thoughts?

this doesnt really do anything for us. Jones is equal to Harris in development and on a good team contract. Afflalo is a solid player on a decent deal, Ellis will be an UFA. Ellis isnt a piece for a rebuilding team.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#1399 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 pm

tski1972 wrote:Bucks fan here, wondering if anyone here is interested in this idea....

Ellis/T. Harris

for

Afflalo/D. Jones

Thoughts?

so we would essentially be giving away one of our best pieces for an expiring? if we had no real interest in keeping Monta, that would just seem like a waste of an asset, unless we were sending Hedo and Harrington to Milwaukee with him - and that would probably kill the interest from MIL's side.

i'd certainly be interested in a 3 team deal, but i'm not sure what teams would want Monta, particularly since he's a threat of bailing in the offseason. Magic would also probably want some picks (2013 and 14).
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#1400 » by tski1972 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:48 pm

if the Bucks throw in a lotto protected 1st does it help?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Orlando Magic