ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#61 » by RookieStar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Glad to see the legend of Diener is still alive and kicking here. don't worry, remember the prophecy.. "

When things are at its darkest and all hope seems lost...a hero will return to bring the legend back to life... kicking us and banging chicks, he will bring us back to the glory days"
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#62 » by Cigamodnalro » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:17 pm

RookieStar wrote:Glad to see the legend of Diener is still alive and kicking here. don't worry, remember the prophecy.. "

When things are at its darkest and all hope seems lost...a hero will return to bring the legend back to life... kicking us and banging chicks, he will bring us back to the glory days"

The Great White Ninja
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
pogiro
Rookie
And1: 512

Post#63 » by pogiro » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:57 am

MagicFan32 wrote:Well just thought you guys should know here in LA for the last week the media and fans have been KILLING Dawhite. they spent a whole week talking about his free throws, and alot of fans think he's mentally weak, if things don't change soon, he blames his teammates in the media all the time, never talks about what "HE" can do better nothing has changed :lol:

He does say he can do this and that, but it's just half-assed team talk. You can tell that he thinks he's doing everything he can though. Like for instance the free throws, when people bring it up he's always said that all he can do is shoot it the way he's been shooting it, and not thinking about it, because that's when he misses. Yea... sure, keep shooting and not thinking, it's been working wonderfully thus far.

And not only does his free throw shooting have a bigger spotlight on it now, but is truly does have a bigger impact that it would have in Orlando. If teams intentionally fouled Dwight in Orlando, whatever, he was our best offensive option anyways. But fouling Dwight down the stretch in L.A. keeps it out of Kobe's hands in crunch time. That's huge. I really don't see much of an option except taking him out of the game when the game's close.

He was protected in Orlando. No more. Hilarious.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,140

Post#64 » by eyriq » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 am

Dwight's play is badly down from his SVG days... careful what you wish for
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#65 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:43 am

Dwight keeps blaming his teammates in the media, and today he proclaimed the Lakers will "play inside-out"...not in that system buddy :lol:
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#66 » by fendilim » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 am

eyriq wrote:Dwight's play is badly down from his SVG days... careful what you wish for

+1. This has only proved the SVG is one of the better coaches in the league
MagicFan32
RealGM

Post#67 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:06 am

Well get this, the word is D'Antoni only has like 45 minute practices and they don't go over ANY defensive coverages, infact he never has. all they do is work on their offense, SVG was the reason dwight was allowed to be aggressive, because he had the defensive rotations down to a T
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#68 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Dwight is walking contradiction isn’t he? He says one thing and does another. The other day he was complaining about going to help and no one would come over to rotate on his man. The answer I have for that is stop helping and stay in your spot. But Dwight is too dumb to make simple adjustments. It’s also pretty sad that he has been in the league like 8-9 years and he still can't make simple post moves with consistency. Just last year he added a pump fake, which was effective, but now he has abandoned that. Now he fancies himself a 3pt. shooter……
aka: prorl
MagicFan32
RealGM

Post#69 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm

@WojYahooNBA
As a Suns lottery pick, it is downright disturbing how poorly point guard Kendall Marshall is playing for Bakersfield of the D-League.

Looks like we dodged a bullet, I know alot of people wanted him
aol4532 on bill russell
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,232

Post#70 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:Well just thought you guys should know here in LA for the last week the media and fans have been KILLING Dawhite. they spent a whole week talking about his free throws, and alot of fans think he's mentally weak, if things don't change soon, he blames his teammates in the media all the time, never talks about what "HE" can do better nothing has changed :lol:

We've know dwight as a mentally weak person for the last 7 year's. When we communicated that to Laker fans we were called haters.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#71 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:We've know dwight as a mentally weak person for the last 7 year's. When we communicated that to Laker fans we were called haters.

Then, I guess I am a hater for hatin the Lakers.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#72 » by in-limbo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:18 pm

I can't wait to hear his reasoning for leaving L.A....It's about winning a championship, right Dwight. I think he ends up in Dallas or Brooklyn at the end of the day. For Magic fans, Dwight leaving has worked out a lot better than it could have. Dwight's mental weakness actually served us pretty well there. We got some pretty good pieces and avoided getting back either broken center. We could have freakin Bynums stupid ass riding our bench with all our teams money in his pocket while rockin a mushroom cut and a BOWLING injury.

GO Henny ...GO Magic.

On a side note....does anyone think JJ's play has thrown a wrench in the long term plan. I don't see how you can get rid of a guy thats playing that well and has gotten better every single year in the league. I think if he will agree to a reasonable contract, they will keep him. They wont get in any bidding contest but if he really wants to stay I think he can.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#73 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Well, what works for the Magic this season is you have (3) players who are working their tails off to prove everyone wrong because of last years fiasco in JJ, Meer and BBD. And, good leaders helps a team over-achieve. So far, this season has already been special.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#74 » by in-limbo » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 pm

^...and, we have in Afflalo someone who will actually attack the basket. It's been great to see someone who will just put there head down and go. Probably going to end up getting banged up a little (see D Wade) but the aggressiveness is nice to see.

I thought we would get killed on the boards this year, our front line has really played well as a whole.

I am pulling for Baby in a huge way. I think he and JJ can bring the passion this team needs to have a better than expected season.

Jameer can lead the team now without "interference" and is an actual leader. The back up point guard spots have been a very nice surprise as well.

Guys, we could be doing a lot worse. I plan on going to the next home game and welcoming the boys home, always Magic.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#75 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 pm

what this season comes down to is what happens with jj. he is our best ballhandler and desicion maker and keeps this offense together. if we keep him we win 32+ games and possible playoffs spot. if we trade him at the deadline for picks/youth then the real tank will start.

big decision for henny coming up
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#76 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Plus, Vucevic has surprised by being a better than average starter while Nicholson has provided an offensive spark off the bench that the Magic lost with Ryno.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#77 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:07 pm

arkknight1988 wrote:what this season comes down to is what happens with BBD. He is our best Heart and Hustler and keeps this offensive/Defensive energy together. If we keep him we win 32+ games and possible playoffs spot. if we trade him at the deadline for picks/youth then the real tank will start.

FIXED!!! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#78 » by tiderulz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
arkknight1988 wrote:what this season comes down to is what happens with BBD. He is our best Heart and Hustler and keeps this offensive/Defensive energy together. If we keep him we win 32+ games and possible playoffs spot. if we trade him at the deadline for picks/youth then the real tank will start.

FIXED!!! 8-)

he is the best heart and hustler, but when he goes into hero mode, he does not keep the offensive energy together.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#79 » by RickB-Orlando » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Kevin Love is starting to sound more than a little unhappy with Minnesota and David Kahn. To me, he's just the type of guy we would want to move mountains to trade for if he tells them he wants a trade.
arkknight1988
Assistant Coach
And1: 172

Post#80 » by arkknight1988 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:57 pm

RickB-Orlando wrote:Kevin Love is starting to sound more than a little unhappy with Minnesota and David Kahn. To me, he's just the type of guy we would want to move mountains to trade for if he tells them he wants a trade.

hes just like other stars, he wants to team up in a big market

Return to Orlando Magic