yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: damo[23], Devin 1L, Hilltop, Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq

Post#1216 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:35 am by ferk

The nets would be awesome looking though I think they may send out the picks.
Mem cap room looks much better going forward and it only cost a pick ?
Orl gets young guys and picks.

Don't know why my phone changed turk to to ankg haha.

I just see lots of options even Conley and Nelson could be involved.
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,861
And1: 456
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#1217 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:06 am by BadMofoPimp

ferk wrote:The nets would be awesome looking though I think they may send out the picks.
Mem cap room looks much better going forward and it only cost a pick ?
Orl gets young guys and picks.

Don't know why my phone changed turk to to ankg haha.

I just see lots of options even Conley and Nelson could be involved.


I like the trade but don't understand how Magic get soo much for Harkless.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,635
And1: 3,665
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#1218 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:14 am by ferk

Meant to ask what else orl would add to a that trade my bad
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,861
And1: 456
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#1219 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:17 am by ferk

ferk wrote:Meant to ask what else orl would add to a trade my bad


Really don't know what orl what send out in both those trades.
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,861
And1: 456
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#1220 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am by tiderulz

ferk wrote:How bout this ?

Nets zbo,tony Allen
Orl teletovic,rudy ,m.brooks 2015 mem 1st 2013 nets 1st 2015 nets 1st
Mem ,humps. Harkless

What would orl add to a trade like that?
Would orl take on humps him anrk would be nice coming off the books?

I'm a mem fan and just messi ngaround moving gay and zbo

Nts zbo Allen
Orl . M.brooks,humpa.tovic same picks as above.
Mem-afflalo ,+?

To put Rudys shooting into perspective.


Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Mike Conley, Mo Speights and Wayne Ellington have the worst shooting percentages of their career right now. Jerryd Bayless and Pondexter have the worst since their rookie seasons.

Hollins is probably the worst offensive coach I've ever seen.


i cant see any way Memphis sends out both Zbo and Gay. And if they did, short of getting a star back, they wouldnt be adding any picks.
tiderulz

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,061
And1: 1,366
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Top

Post#1221 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 am by ferk

tiderulz wrote:
ferk wrote:How bout this ?

Nets zbo,tony Allen
Orl teletovic,rudy ,m.brooks 2015 mem 1st 2013 nets 1st 2015 nets 1st
Mem ,humps. Harkless

What would orl add to a trade like that?
Would orl take on humps him anrk would be nice coming off the books?

I'm a mem fan and just messi ngaround moving gay and zbo

Nts zbo Allen
Orl . M.brooks,humpa.tovic same picks as above.
Mem-afflalo ,+?

To put Rudys shooting into perspective.


Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Mike Conley, Mo Speights and Wayne Ellington have the worst shooting percentages of their career right now. Jerryd Bayless and Pondexter have the worst since their rookie seasons.

Hollins is probably the worst offensive coach I've ever seen.


i cant see any way Memphis sends out both Zbo and Gay. And if they did, short of getting a star back, they wouldnt be adding any picks.


The first trade leaves Tons of caproom for Hollinger to play moneyball.
It would depend on who orl sent to Memphis .
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,861
And1: 456
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#1222 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:50 pm by tiderulz

ferk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
ferk wrote:How bout this ?

Nets zbo,tony Allen
Orl teletovic,rudy ,m.brooks 2015 mem 1st 2013 nets 1st 2015 nets 1st
Mem ,humps. Harkless

What would orl add to a trade like that?
Would orl take on humps him anrk would be nice coming off the books?

I'm a mem fan and just messi ngaround moving gay and zbo

Nts zbo Allen
Orl . M.brooks,humpa.tovic same picks as above.
Mem-afflalo ,+?

To put Rudys shooting into perspective.


Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Mike Conley, Mo Speights and Wayne Ellington have the worst shooting percentages of their career right now. Jerryd Bayless and Pondexter have the worst since their rookie seasons.

Hollins is probably the worst offensive coach I've ever seen.


i cant see any way Memphis sends out both Zbo and Gay. And if they did, short of getting a star back, they wouldnt be adding any picks.


The first trade leaves Tons of caproom for Hollinger to play moneyball.
It would depend on who orl sent to Memphis .


having available money doesnt mean anything if there arent any good players to spend it on. Remember, there is a floor level of money that has to be spent each year.
tiderulz

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,061
And1: 1,366
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Top

Post#1223 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm by ferk

Mem could sign j.smith ,tyreke .d west there are plenty of good free agents?
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,861
And1: 456
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#1224 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 pm by AhaAha

tiderulz wrote:having available money doesnt mean anything if there arent any good players to spend it on. Remember, there is a floor level of money that has to be spent each year.


A bit OT, but why do ppl come up with this floor salary argument at all? I mean what type of disadvantage do you have if you don't meet the requirements?

If a team doesn't meet its minimum payroll it is surcharged at the end of the season for the shortfall. That money is distributed among the players on that team. What's so bad about this?

On top of that you can always sign a scrub to a big one year contract and have a big "valuable" expiring.
AhaAha
Junior
Posts: 409
And1: 15
Joined: Dec 10, 2010
Top

Post#1225 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 pm by glennathan

ferk wrote:Mem could sign j.smith ,tyreke .d west there are plenty of good free agents?


Or Orlando could sign Tyreke, J Smith, D West and pair them with Nelson and Vucevic
Be the change that you wish to see in the world - Gandhi
glennathan
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,666
And1: 49
Joined: Jun 28, 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Top

Post#1226 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:30 pm by ferk

glennathan wrote:
ferk wrote:Mem could sign j.smith ,tyreke .d west there are plenty of good free agents?


Or Orlando could sign Tyreke, J Smith, D West and pair them with Nelson and Vucevic


your point?
ferk



Sixth Man
Posts: 1,861
And1: 456
Joined: Apr 4, 2007
Top

Post#1227 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm by thelead

glennathan wrote:
ferk wrote:Mem could sign j.smith ,tyreke .d west there are plenty of good free agents?


Or Orlando could sign Tyreke, J Smith, D West and pair them with Nelson and Vucevic


With what cap space?
Image

eyriq wrote:
I don't get the attachment to Harris. What about his game indicates he is anything more than just 'a guy'? The evidence for him being more than that just isn't there.
:nonono:
thelead

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,338
And1: 2,452
Joined: Apr 8, 2008
Top

Post#1228 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 pm by glennathan

thelead wrote:
glennathan wrote:
ferk wrote:Mem could sign j.smith ,tyreke .d west there are plenty of good free agents?


Or Orlando could sign Tyreke, J Smith, D West and pair them with Nelson and Vucevic


With what cap space?


I am just speculating that Hennigan becomes a cap clearing guru and do like Donnie Walsh did a couple of years ago.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world - Gandhi
glennathan
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,666
And1: 49
Joined: Jun 28, 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach
Top

Post#1229 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm by gp123

AhaAha wrote:
tiderulz wrote:[...]
On top of that you can always sign a scrub to a big one year contract and have a big "valuable" expiring.


hmmm. Why don't teams do this more often? If you're willing to spend, and know you'll be making deals down the line, why not manufacture a huge expiring each season on a serviceable bench player that you won't hate to see leave?
gp123
Rookie
Posts: 1,182
And1: 41
Joined: Nov 1, 2011
Top

Post#1230 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 pm by thelead

glennathan wrote:
thelead wrote:With what cap space?


I am just speculating that Hennigan becomes a cap clearing guru and do like Donnie Walsh did a couple of years ago.


If he can trade Hedo, Harrington AND either BBD or Afflalo for expirings this trade deadline (to have that type of capspace) he will win exec of the year.
Image

eyriq wrote:
I don't get the attachment to Harris. What about his game indicates he is anything more than just 'a guy'? The evidence for him being more than that just isn't there.
:nonono:
thelead

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,338
And1: 2,452
Joined: Apr 8, 2008
Top

Post#1231 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 pm by tiderulz

gp123 wrote:
AhaAha wrote:
tiderulz wrote:[...]
On top of that you can always sign a scrub to a big one year contract and have a big "valuable" expiring.


hmmm. Why don't teams do this more often? If you're willing to spend, and know you'll be making deals down the line, why not manufacture a huge expiring each season on a serviceable bench player that you won't hate to see leave?


like Dallas is doing right now? everyone on 1 yr contracts and their star is unhappy that he has no idea who he is playing with next year or how the team is going to get better. Dont have any players that you can really trade either, since a team can just get that player in the off season.
tiderulz

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,061
And1: 1,366
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Top

Post#1232 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm by thelead

gp123 wrote:
AhaAha wrote:
tiderulz wrote:[...]
On top of that you can always sign a scrub to a big one year contract and have a big "valuable" expiring.


hmmm. Why don't teams do this more often? If you're willing to spend, and know you'll be making deals down the line, why not manufacture a huge expiring each season on a serviceable bench player that you won't hate to see leave?


Teams did it last year (Dalmbert in Houston was one IIRC) . It will become a popular trend.
Image

eyriq wrote:
I don't get the attachment to Harris. What about his game indicates he is anything more than just 'a guy'? The evidence for him being more than that just isn't there.
:nonono:
thelead

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,338
And1: 2,452
Joined: Apr 8, 2008
Top

Post#1233 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm by BadMofoPimp

thelead wrote:If he can trade Hedo, Harrington AND either BBD or Afflalo for expirings this trade deadline (to have that type of capspace) he will win exec of the year.


I doubt he is shooting for this year.

I bet he is shooting for next years trade deadline when Hedo and Harrington are expirings that can also be cut to save cap space while BBD would have a year and half on his contract while and Afflalo's 3 years won't look as bad.

I think Henny is shooting for mad cap space in 2014, not 2013.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,635
And1: 3,665
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#1234 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 pm by gp123

tiderulz wrote:
like Dallas is doing right now? everyone on 1 yr contracts and their star is unhappy that he has no idea who he is playing with next year or how the team is going to get better. Dont have any players that you can really trade either, since a team can just get that player in the off season.


That's a little different, the entire team is more likely going to "expire" so they can sign someone in free agency. I mean keeping your 15th roster spot filled by signing a bench guy to an 8mil expiring... seems like a tax team like the lakers should be able to resign one of there scrubs for a huge amount using a bird exception or something, and then use that scrub to trade immediately -- they've got the cash.
gp123
Rookie
Posts: 1,182
And1: 41
Joined: Nov 1, 2011
Top

Post#1235 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:47 pm by rcklsscognition

We need to do whatever possible to be terrible next year.
Image
McLemore: "I can say I come in with a chip on my shoulder. ... I can be an alpha dog and take over games." We're going to regret passing on him.
rcklsscognition

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,394
And1: 770
Joined: Mar 22, 2009
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mhectorgato, RYgoBOOM, Scottg247, trebone