yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq, Hilltop, damo[23], Devin 1L

Post#1246 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm by Viper1500

rcklsscognition wrote:We need to do whatever possible to be terrible next year.

Trading away Redick and Big Baby for youth and picks would be a good starting point.
Viper1500

Assistant Coach
And1: 448

Post#1247 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm by Noonskadoodle

Viper1500 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:We need to do whatever possible to be terrible next year.

Trading away Redick and Big Baby for youth and picks would be a good starting point.

Hopefully the lottery is favorable to us this year. If we have a shot at McLemore/Goodwin/Bazz then we can try & get back into the lottery with a vet & target a PG like Burke.

Burke (Playmaker)
McLemore/Bazz/Goodwin (Scorer)
Harkless & DQJ (Defender/Slasher)
Nicholson (Mid-Range/Post Scorer)
Vuc (Rebounding/Defensive Presence)

See how this young team does/grows & we probably end up with a high pick in the loaded 14 draft.
Noonskadoodle
Lead Assistant
And1: 180

Post#1248 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 pm by Def Swami

trebone wrote:Looks like Gortat wants Stan pretty bad per wiretap, imagine the fights between Stan and Beasley!

Def Swami

RealGM
And1: 2,039

Post#1249 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:42 pm by Def Swami

Marcin Gortat ‏@MGortat
SVG !!!!
Def Swami

RealGM

Post#1250 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 pm by thelead

BadMofoPimp wrote:
thelead wrote:If he can trade Hedo, Harrington AND either BBD or Afflalo for expirings this trade deadline (to have that type of capspace) he will win exec of the year.

I doubt he is shooting for this year.

I bet he is shooting for next years trade deadline when Hedo and Harrington are expirings that can also be cut to save cap space while BBD would have a year and half on his contract while and Afflalo's 3 years won't look as bad.

I think Henny is shooting for mad cap space in 2014, not 2013.

I agree but they were talking about 2013 free agents so I was just making a point on how difficult it would be to acquire those free agents.
thelead

RealGM
And1: 2,257

Post#1251 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:07 pm by Def Swami

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
You can go ahead and count the Charlotte Bobcats as one of the teams that are "aggressively" pursuing Rudy Gay -- may not have enough
Def Swami

RealGM

Post#1252 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 am by BrettC03

Nelson is playing so well this season. Best of his career, IMO. I'd love to see him stick around.
BrettC03
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#1253 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 am by Cigamodnalro

BrettC03 wrote:Nelson is playing so well this season. Best of his career, IMO. I'd love to see him stick around.

Nelson is the one guy, IMHO, who stands out above the others as leader of this team. We have other important veterans and guys with good leadership qualities, but Jameer really is our anchor. It is his leadership, more than his stats, that is valuable to this team. Where I'd trade Redick or Davis more readily to improve this team's future, I'd be much more reticent with Nelson. Not sure if I'd trade him for a guy like Goran Dragic, e.g., even though Dragic is four years younger.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#1254 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 am by BadMofoPimp

I don't care what some of you think. BBD and Reddick are not going to get their value back in draft picks if traded. That is insulting to them as players and what they mean to this organization to even say just trade them for draft picks. No team is going to offer anything significant as far as draft picks.

I am tired of everyone thinking that the Magic should just trade their talent to become the Bobcats for the next 3-5 years. I want nothing to do with being a bottom feeder. I seriously doubt Henny and Vaughn want to get stuck in that trap either. Because, the lottery guarantee's absolutely nothing. Good team players at least guarantee chemistry and a nucleus for success.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,287

Post#1255 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 am by claudio-br

I dont think SVG will go to Phoenix. I would guess they will hire Dan Marjele or maybe other former Suns player.
Nikola&
Aaron&
Tobias&
Victor&
Elfrid.
claudio-br
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#1256 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am by in-limbo

There's no way we can get where we want to go without making some unpopular decisions. Literally anything could happen. If the Magic go full tank I would be very surprised but ya never know.

My feeling is they stay somewhat competitive next year and use contracts and assets to be a player in 2014. I think they end up with a high draft pick but not 1-3, they wont be that bad. Trading up a few spots is doable. Maybe we find a taker for the exeption and get a good player in return. It's all going to be very interesting. If you ask me, the Magic would be happier with multiple piucks in 2014 than having one very good pick. Henny has proven he has an eye so I trust he could find someone.
in-limbo

Rookie
And1: 201

Post#1257 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg
Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 am by MagicTownBaller

David Baumann @DavidBaumann33
As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick.

As I said in the Redick thread, let's get Avery Bradley and make them take Harrington!
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
MagicTownBaller

Starter
And1: 181

Post#1258 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm by BadMofoPimp

Boston is trying to unload Barbosa and Lee. They are not trading Avery and they cannot take back Harrington and Redick unless they unload a similar contract as per Cap space. Thus, they don't really have much to offer.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 3,287

Post#1259 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX
Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 pm by j_n

MagicTownBaller wrote:
David Baumann @DavidBaumann33
As Feb. 21 #NBA trade deadline looms, sources tell me the Boston Celtics covet Orlando Magic SG J.J. Redick.

As I said in the Redick thread, let's get Avery Bradley and make them take Harrington!

I dont know if they are willing to trade bradely unless it would allow them to get rid of one of their bad contracts(green, bass, lee, terry).
Other than him they have nothing that would intrest us.
Led Zeppelin wrote:he (Oladipo) is a dreadful offensive player. They're going to have to stop letting him touch the ball with any frequency once their tank fest is over in Orlando.
j_n

Analyst
And1: 522

Post#1260 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 pm by Cigamodnalro

Lee is not a bad contract at all
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#1261 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 pm by magicfanejc42

I don't want anything off of that Boston team. Bradley would be a good pick up if he wasn't always hurt. His career will be riddled with injury, no reason to bring that to our team.
magicfanejc42

Veteran
And1: 2

Post#1262 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm by BaunceyChillups

BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't care what some of you think. BBD and Reddick are not going to get their value back in draft picks if traded. That is insulting to them as players and what they mean to this organization to even say just trade them for draft picks. No team is going to offer anything significant as far as draft picks.

I am tired of everyone thinking that the Magic should just trade their talent to become the Bobcats for the next 3-5 years. I want nothing to do with being a bottom feeder. I seriously doubt Henny and Vaughn want to get stuck in that trap either. Because, the lottery guarantee's absolutely nothing. Good team players at least guarantee chemistry and a nucleus for success.

this doesn't make sense, the Cats actually have a future now after bottoming out instead of wasting time with an awful Stephen Jackson/Gerald Wallace/Raymond Felton lineup that would never amount to more than a first round exit
BaunceyChillups
Bench Warmer
And1: 136

Post#1263 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm by glennathan

BaunceyChillups wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't care what some of you think. BBD and Reddick are not going to get their value back in draft picks if traded. That is insulting to them as players and what they mean to this organization to even say just trade them for draft picks. No team is going to offer anything significant as far as draft picks.

this doesn't make sense, the Cats actually have a future now after bottoming out instead of wasting time with an awful Stephen Jackson/Gerald Wallace/Raymond Felton lineup that would never amount to more than a first round exit

They certainly did an upgrade in my opinion to Kemba Walker after parting ways with Felton.

I know this is not predicted to be a strong draft but wish we could get the bobcats pick this year to really test out the drafting abilities and scouting abilities of the completed new front office as see if they could find a diamond in the rough
Be the change that you wish to see in the world - Gandhi
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 49

Post#1264 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:41 pm by RickB-Orlando

BaunceyChillups wrote:

the Bobcats have had exactly one winning record since their inception. One. And to say they now have a future, when does it arrive? Because it wasn't this year. Also worth noting: after their worst in the league record, lo and behold, no number one pick and can't miss draft of Anthony Davis.

Teams that are perennially counting on a high lottery pick are destined to be perennially in the lottery. It's not a logical strategy for sustained success.
RickB-Orlando

Sixth Man
And1: 115

Post#1265 Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX&quo
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:50 pm by DMack78

magicfanejc42 wrote:I don't want anything off of that Boston team. Bradley would be a good pick up if he wasn't always hurt. His career will be riddled with injury, no reason to bring that to our team.

I'd take Rondo in a heartbeat for anyone on this team.
DMack78

Sophomore
And1: 24

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic