ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: Hilltop, eyriq, MagicMadness, Devin 1L, damo[23], Howard Mass

User avatar
magicman123
RealGM
Posts: 25,877
And1: 536
Joined: Jan 14, 2007
Location: "THO"
   

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1306 » by magicman123 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 am

i would take a gamble on Carter-Williams if we had another late 1st round pick, wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, its gonna be interesting to see where we land in the draft
Image
User avatar
bigdogdylan5
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,806
And1: 536
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1307 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 am

magicman123 wrote:i would take a gamble on Carter-Williams if we had another late 1st round pick, wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, its gonna be interesting to see where we land in the draft

He is projected as a top 5 pick so if we are gonna get him it would be with our pick this year. He reminds me a lot of Russell Westbrook he would be perfect player for us someone who can get to whole with athletism and still have decent passing skills to get it to our outside shooters (JJ if we keep him and Affalo) plus can get Nicholson and Vuc good looks at the basket. Westbrook had knocks coming in he had to get better as a shooter but we need a Rose Westbrook type for our offense to be successful and he could develop into that
Magic BaT
Garrity's Gang
Owners: bigdogdylan5
PG Rod Strickland
SG Jason Richardson
SF Doug Christie
PF Al Harrington
C Shawn Kemp
Sixth man: Kenny Smith
Coach: Rick Carlisle
User avatar
bigdogdylan5
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,806
And1: 536
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1308 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 am


a lot like Westbrook he is raw yes but if he can develop his shot he has the athletic ability to be a Westbrook or Rose type of PG
Magic BaT
Garrity's Gang
Owners: bigdogdylan5
PG Rod Strickland
SG Jason Richardson
SF Doug Christie
PF Al Harrington
C Shawn Kemp
Sixth man: Kenny Smith
Coach: Rick Carlisle
User avatar
bigdogdylan5
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,806
And1: 536
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1309 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
magicman123 wrote:i would take a gamble on Carter-Williams if we had another late 1st round pick, wouldn't waste a lottery pick on him, its gonna be interesting to see where we land in the draft

He is projected as a top 5 pick so if we are gonna get him it would be with our pick this year. He reminds me a lot of Russell Westbrook he would be perfect player for us someone who can get to whole with athletism and still have decent passing skills to get it to our outside shooters (JJ if we keep him and Affalo) plus can get Nicholson and Vuc good looks at the basket. Westbrook had knocks coming in he had to get better as a shooter but we need a Rose Westbrook type for our offense to be successful and he could develop into that
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/res ... r-williams
this sounds like exactly what we need a go to scorer and creator
Magic BaT
Garrity's Gang
Owners: bigdogdylan5
PG Rod Strickland
SG Jason Richardson
SF Doug Christie
PF Al Harrington
C Shawn Kemp
Sixth man: Kenny Smith
Coach: Rick Carlisle
User avatar
glennathan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 28, 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1310 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 pm

ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say

Speights and Selby to the Cavs
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
User avatar
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
Posts: 12,371
And1: 63
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Location: Political Asylum

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1311 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm

glennathan wrote:ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say

Speights and Selby to the Cavs

And Ellington, and a protected 1st round pick. Cavs make out like total bandits.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
User avatar
Def Swami
RealGM
Posts: 16,186
And1: 3,448
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Orlandipo
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1312 » by Def Swami » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sorry I've been missing. I'm dealing w/ a few life issues. But I'm working today and have a JUICY rumor to share with you all.
Image
User avatar
glennathan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 28, 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1313 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
glennathan wrote:ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say

Speights and Selby to the Cavs

And Ellington, and a protected 1st round pick. Cavs make out like total bandits.


Ellington is having a good year so far and you are right. Cavs make out huge in this deal. Have a feeling with the new ownership we are going to see the Grizzlies of old shedding all talent for money saving.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
User avatar
glennathan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 28, 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1314 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sorry I've been missing. I'm dealing w/ a few life issues. But I'm working today and have a JUICY rumor to share with you all.


Would be funny if the JUICY rumor was the already announced grizzlies trade
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
User avatar
Def Swami
RealGM
Posts: 16,186
And1: 3,448
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Orlandipo
     

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1315 » by Def Swami » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Dwightmare lives!!!
Jarrod N Rudolph
1 Like
The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.
Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that the seven-time All-Star still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King has kept a close eye on the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or compliment Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was hurt when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.
Image
caseyw20021
Freshman
Posts: 63
And1: 1
Joined: Oct 01, 2011

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1316 » by caseyw20021 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm

do you think this is a fair trade for both team the espn trade machine say orlando magic get 7 wins and the houston rockets get - 7 wins with it for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis for James Harden and Patrick Patterson. and here what the nba trade checker says about it Orlando Magic Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.7 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg and here what it say about the Rockets Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.7 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -1.6 apg?

here is the 1 link for you http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211047

and here is the 2 link for you http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxjrh8b
ZeusIsLoose
Junior
Posts: 436
And1: 32
Joined: Nov 29, 2011

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1317 » by ZeusIsLoose » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:22 pm

glennathan wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sorry I've been missing. I'm dealing w/ a few life issues. But I'm working today and have a JUICY rumor to share with you all.


Would be funny if the JUICY rumor was the already announced grizzlies trade

Brook wants in on Dwight? Do they not see how much he sucks this year?
Nyce_1
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,442
And1: 935
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Tampa
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1318 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 pm

ZeusIsLoose wrote:
glennathan wrote:
Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Sorry I've been missing. I'm dealing w/ a few life issues. But I'm working today and have a JUICY rumor to share with you all.


Brook wants in on Dwight? Do they not see how much he sucks this year?

They probably think if they get him to his #1 spot, he'll try with more effort cause he'll be happy.
User avatar
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 24,172
And1: 2,224
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL- home of the Magic and OC Lions!
   

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1319 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

LOL Dwight at it again. Predictable. I bet the cried himself to sleep last nite.
aka: prorl
Image
User avatar
MagicTownBaller
Starter
Posts: 2,250
And1: 183
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
   

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1320 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Okay, I just looked up about Michael Carter-Williams and I really like this guy. He is a 6'6" PG that can pass the ball (Averaging over 9 assists), can rip the ball from other players (Averaging over 3 steals), and can dunk very hard. Reminds me a lot of my MyPLAYER on NBA 2K13.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
User avatar
KingRobb02
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,178
And1: 446
Joined: Aug 07, 2007
         

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1321 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 pm

caseyw20021 wrote:do you think this is a fair trade for both team the espn trade machine say orlando magic get 7 wins and the houston rockets get - 7 wins with it for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis for James Harden and Patrick Patterson. and here what the nba trade checker says about it Orlando Magic Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.7 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg and here what it say about the Rockets Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.7 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -1.6 apg?

here is the 1 link for you http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211047

and here is the 2 link for you http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxjrh8b

You want Houston to give up the two best assets in the trade? Harden is clearly the only blue chip in the deal especially when comparing his PER to the shot happy Afflalo, and then when you look at a 23 year old Pat Patterson for a third of the cost of Big Baby, Orlando wins on both sides.
hanhh
Banned User
Posts: 72
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 16, 2013

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1322 » by hanhh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
caseyw20021 wrote:do you think this is a fair trade for both team the espn trade machine say orlando magic get 7 wins and the houston rockets get - 7 wins with it for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis for James Harden and Patrick Patterson. and here what the nba trade checker says about it Orlando Magic Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.7 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg and here what it say about the Rockets Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.7 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -1.6 apg?

here is the 1 link for you http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211047

and here is the 2 link for you http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxjrh8b

You want Houston to give up the two best assets in the trade? Harden is clearly the only blue chip in the deal especially when comparing his PER to the shot happy Afflalo, and then when you look at a 23 year old Pat Patterson for a third of the cost of Big Baby, Orlando wins on both sides.



Why even bother working trades with Harden? He is not going anywhere anytime soon. Its like verbal diarrhea
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 14,234
And1: 1,253
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
         

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1323 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.
Image
Versubio
Veteran
Posts: 2,572
And1: 64
Joined: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1324 » by Versubio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.


We don't get it. Their 1st round pick belongs to Phoenix.
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy him to your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination!!!!!
User avatar
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,367
And1: 243
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1325 » by RYgoBOOM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.

I don't think it's for 2013 but I could be wrong
www.TheAutoSkin.com

Orlando's Elite Peelable Paint 1 stop shop!

Return to Orlando Magic