ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.)

Moderators: MagicMadness, Devin 1L, damo[23], Hilltop, Howard Mass, eyriq

User avatar
KingRobb02
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,121
And1: 425
Joined: Aug 07, 2007
         

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1321 » by KingRobb02 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 pm

caseyw20021 wrote:do you think this is a fair trade for both team the espn trade machine say orlando magic get 7 wins and the houston rockets get - 7 wins with it for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis for James Harden and Patrick Patterson. and here what the nba trade checker says about it Orlando Magic Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.7 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg and here what it say about the Rockets Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.7 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -1.6 apg?

here is the 1 link for you http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211047

and here is the 2 link for you http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxjrh8b

You want Houston to give up the two best assets in the trade? Harden is clearly the only blue chip in the deal especially when comparing his PER to the shot happy Afflalo, and then when you look at a 23 year old Pat Patterson for a third of the cost of Big Baby, Orlando wins on both sides.
hanhh
Banned User
Posts: 72
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 16, 2013

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1322 » by hanhh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:21 pm

KingRobb02 wrote:
caseyw20021 wrote:do you think this is a fair trade for both team the espn trade machine say orlando magic get 7 wins and the houston rockets get - 7 wins with it for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis for James Harden and Patrick Patterson. and here what the nba trade checker says about it Orlando Magic Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.7 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and +1.6 apg and here what it say about the Rockets Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.7 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and -1.6 apg?

here is the 1 link for you http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6211047

and here is the 2 link for you http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bxjrh8b

You want Houston to give up the two best assets in the trade? Harden is clearly the only blue chip in the deal especially when comparing his PER to the shot happy Afflalo, and then when you look at a 23 year old Pat Patterson for a third of the cost of Big Baby, Orlando wins on both sides.



Why even bother working trades with Harden? He is not going anywhere anytime soon. Its like verbal diarrhea
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 14,176
And1: 1,243
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
         

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1323 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.
Image
User avatar
Versubio
Veteran
Posts: 2,565
And1: 63
Joined: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1324 » by Versubio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.


We don't get it. Their 1st round pick belongs to Phoenix.
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy him to your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination!!!!!
User avatar
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,352
And1: 241
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1325 » by RYgoBOOM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.

I don't think it's for 2013 but I could be wrong
B League Squad
PG-Russell Westbrook,Reggie Jackson
SG-Kawhi Leonard,Kobe Bryant
SF-Nicolas Batum,Trevor Ariza
PF-Larry Sanders,Markieff Morris
C-Anderson Varejao,Javale McGee
UT-Giannis Antetokounmpo,Terrence Ross
Bench-Kendall Marshall,Otto Porter,AK47
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 14,176
And1: 1,243
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
         

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1326 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Versubio wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.


We don't get it. Their 1st round pick belongs to Phoenix.

Ah damn..oh well. Thanks
Image
User avatar
Carlos Arroyo
Senior
Posts: 726
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 19, 2011
Location: Orlando Florida

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1327 » by Carlos Arroyo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.

i think the lakers pick is for 2017
User avatar
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 24,041
And1: 2,099
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL- home of the Magic and OC Lions!
   

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1328 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Carlos Arroyo wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.

i think the lakers pick is for 2017


The way LA is going they are gonna suck for a long time lol. Kobe will retire and Dwight is a mentally flawed childman with declining athletecism. They have given up most their draft picks in the next 4 years. They may have capspace but FA is not what it used to be.
aka: prorl
Image
User avatar
Versubio
Veteran
Posts: 2,565
And1: 63
Joined: Aug 01, 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1329 » by Versubio » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Versubio wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can someone tell me if we received the lakers first round pick for this upcoming draft in the Howard trade? Because based on their record, that would be hilarious.


We don't get it. Their 1st round pick belongs to Phoenix.

Ah damn..oh well. Thanks


Yeah, its too bad. I think we won't get their pick until 2017. We get a 1st from Denver or NYK in 2014, which ever team has the worst record.
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy him to your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination!!!!!
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 14,176
And1: 1,243
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
         

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1330 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah I decided to not be lazy and revisited the details of the trade. Thanks. On a side note, someone mentioned NerlenNoel....I don't know about that guy his scouting report reads eerily like dwight's. Needs to develop a mid range game, needs to polish his post game and add a go to move.

Just seems like a skinnier version of Howard.
Image
User avatar
glennathan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 68
Joined: Jun 28, 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1331 » by glennathan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Here is the link for those looking to see the details on the draft picks we get in the Dwight trade

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... ward-trade
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
User avatar
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,338
And1: 100
Joined: Nov 07, 2010
Location: Somewhere Drinking Good Beer.
       

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1332 » by arsenal6106 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

glennathan wrote:Here is the link for those looking to see the details on the draft picks we get in the Dwight trade

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/20 ... ward-trade


I'll post this link and the real gm link in the Official Rob Hennigan Transaction Thread for future reference. Just direct them to that thread if anybody is unsure about the picks we have received.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 14,802
And1: 2,120
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1333 » by tiderulz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Versubio wrote:Yeah, its too bad. I think we won't get their pick until 2017. We get a 1st from Denver or NYK in 2014, which ever team has the worst record.


actually, the pick we get from Denver is from whichever team has the better record. We get the worst of the 2 picks.
User avatar
Darth Magic
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,374
And1: 72
Joined: Feb 24, 2010

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1334 » by Darth Magic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Would you do this trade?

A Vucevic-Montajunas front court could be deadly goign forward


Houston gets:
Jameer and Big Baby

Magic get:
Lin and D-Mo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgs48v9
What a bunch of a-holes
User avatar
RYgoBOOM
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,352
And1: 241
Joined: Jul 10, 2012

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1335 » by RYgoBOOM » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Darth Magic wrote:Would you do this trade?

A Vucevic-Montajunas front court could be deadly goign forward


Houston gets:
Jameer and Big Baby

Magic get:
Lin and D-Mo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgs48v9

the rockets would never do this lol
B League Squad
PG-Russell Westbrook,Reggie Jackson
SG-Kawhi Leonard,Kobe Bryant
SF-Nicolas Batum,Trevor Ariza
PF-Larry Sanders,Markieff Morris
C-Anderson Varejao,Javale McGee
UT-Giannis Antetokounmpo,Terrence Ross
Bench-Kendall Marshall,Otto Porter,AK47
User avatar
Darth Magic
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,374
And1: 72
Joined: Feb 24, 2010

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1336 » by Darth Magic » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm

RYgoBOOM wrote:
Darth Magic wrote:Would you do this trade?

A Vucevic-Montajunas front court could be deadly goign forward


Houston gets:
Jameer and Big Baby

Magic get:
Lin and D-Mo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgs48v9

the rockets would never do this lol



The thinking is the Rockets are in win now mode and gt two vets who can help them make a legitimate playoff push. Lin and Harden both need the ball to excel, while Jameer can play off the ball and is a great shooter. Big Baby would add scoring, defense and rebounding up front. We take Lins large contract while getting D-Mo to add to our youth movement.
What a bunch of a-holes
User avatar
shadrock
Starter
Posts: 2,309
And1: 736
Joined: Oct 16, 2009

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1337 » by shadrock » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 pm

shadrock wrote:Wondering if we could maybe squeeze a future first rounder (would have to be 2015 as they have traded 2013 to Minny) out of Memphis for taking on the contract of Marreese Speights for the next 2 years using the TPE(5 mil approx per season)? After looking at Hollingers analysis on his espn profile, its clear hes not keen on the guy, and it would be a simpler route to cutting salary than trading Gay.

For us, taking on salary that expires by 2014 is no problem, and if we get a pick, i say we should do it!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD



Cant say i didnt see this coming! Just gutted we werent the team to make it happen! That pick could have been ours:
(Memphis sent big man Marreese Speights, guard Wayne Ellington, guard Josh Selby and a future first-round draft pick to the Cavs for forward Jon Leuer.)
BrettC03
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 17, 2012

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1338 » by BrettC03 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Yeah I decided to not be lazy and revisited the details of the trade. Thanks. On a side note, someone mentioned NerlenNoel....I don't know about that guy his scouting report reads eerily like dwight's. Needs to develop a mid range game, needs to polish his post game and add a go to move.

Just seems like a skinnier version of Howard.

If he developed a mid-range shot he'd be Ibaka 2.0
That'd be a great pairing with Vucevic if Vuc can develop some post moves.
User avatar
rcklsscognition
RealGM
Posts: 14,932
And1: 960
Joined: Mar 23, 2009
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1339 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm

OT but if any of you are fans of Chappelle show there is an absolutely epic article on it on Grantland right now.

http://t.co/nqu4TaHp
Image
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 14,802
And1: 2,120
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
 

Re: Official Speculation Thread (Pt. XLIX"Reg. Season"Ed.) 

Post#1340 » by tiderulz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Darth Magic wrote:Would you do this trade?

A Vucevic-Montajunas front court could be deadly goign forward


Houston gets:
Jameer and Big Baby

Magic get:
Lin and D-Mo

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgs48v9


I havent been that impressed to Montajunas to be honest. yes, i understand he is a rookie, still......

Return to Orlando Magic


Users browsing this forum: deggett, KingRobb02, SOUL, thelead