ImageImageImageImage

3 Years From Now... (Edit: 2017 Edition)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: 3 Years From Now... 

Post#41 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:22 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8752740/jay-bilas-chad-ford-top-10-nba-draft-picks-right-now
Great piece on next years draft by Bilas and Ford it is insider though. Basically it says this draft is really bad their are a lot of good players. It is considered the worst draft since the Bargani draft where the best player selected might have been Rondo at 22. This is a point to all the idiots who are mad we arent tanking, a top pick this year doesnt mean **** this draft is really guard heavy after Shambazz Zeller and Noel WHICH IS EXACTLY what we want i wouldnt be suprised we get someone like a sacremento to trade a 5-10 pick cheap so we can get both a PG and a SG. Eye opening comparison by chad ford he basically says that the 1-5 picks in this draft would be late lottery too early 20 in a "normal draft" and late first round "15+" in a great draft

Some good info. Weak drafts like this is where Rob and his scouts make their money.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#42 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Apr 9, 2013 1:44 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:I want this team to have held onto all of its veterans, including Davis and Nelson, to have re-signed Redick to at least $7,500,000 a year, and to have drafted in the 10-12 range for three consecutive seasons. I want for it to have picked up some halfway decent mid-round rookies, but for them to be stuck behind longtime fan-favorite veterans in the depth chart. In three years, Nelson/Redick should be playing at least 30 minutes per game together, because they're both Magic4Lifers. We'll win some, we'll lose some, but most importantly we'll still have familiar faces playing heavy minutes to remind us of when we were actually in competition for something.

Let me try again.

I want for this team to hold onto a few of its veterans (perhaps the captains), and to trade the rest for whatever we can get. I love JJ Redick, but I want for us to trade him for a solid young player or as good of a draft pick as we can get, and in the unforeseeable event that no one wants him at the deadline, I want for us to let him walk for absolutely nothing as a free agent to open minutes for the development of youth that can help propel us back to the top. I want for us to try really, really hard, and thus build character, but still to lose as many games as we possibly can. The most recent 96-90 Atlanta loss was a perfect result in my book, and I'd be alright with 50 more of them before the season ends.

In three years, I want for us to have acquired Top-5 picks in each of the next three drafts, to have opened some money up for potential free agent acquisitions, to have grown even younger than we are now, and to have developed some character and fight along the way. If we can make the playoffs in three years as a collection of blossoming top picks, at least two of which have legitimate star potential, the rebuild will have been a success.

So far so good :D
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#43 » by Neon1 » Tue Apr 9, 2013 3:39 pm

thelead wrote:I hope for...

~45 win team that looks something like this:

PG: Kasey Hill (or a stud free agent if we land Wiggins or Parker; maybe a guy like John Wall)
SG: Ben McLemore
SF: Wiggins or Parker (or a stud free agent if we land Kasey Hill instead)
PF: Nicholson
C: Derrick Favors (Not a true center but a great player that can play center in today's NBA)

Bench:
Vucevic
JJ (doubtful)
Moore
Jameer (on a good contract)
Other good bench players from trading Afflalo & BBD

How would Favors get here in 3 years? He is going to be locked up in Utah (restricted FA *they will match, once rookie deal is up).
A smart coach once said, "Potential just means you're not good enough yet." Playing on potential is like living on air: It's essential, but if thats all you have, you're eventually going to starve.

Twitter: @CleonONE IG: @usaidwhatnah
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,801

Post#44 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 9, 2013 4:23 pm

Viper1500 wrote:Two top 5 draft picks over the next 2 years, and a couple max free agents. Trade whatever assets are redundant for solid role players.

Bingo
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#45 » by CourtsideTV » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 am

Cigamodnalro wrote:I want this team to have held onto all of its veterans, including Davis and Nelson, to have re-signed Redick to at least $7,500,000 a year, and to have drafted in the 10-12 range for three consecutive seasons. I want for it to have picked up some halfway decent mid-round rookies, but for them to be stuck behind longtime fan-favorite veterans in the depth chart. In three years, Nelson/Redick should be playing at least 30 minutes per game together, because they're both Magic4Lifers. We'll win some, we'll lose some, but most importantly we'll still have familiar faces playing heavy minutes to remind us of when we were actually in competition for something.

Let me try again.

I want for this team to hold onto a few of its veterans (perhaps the captains), and to trade the rest for whatever we can get. I love JJ Redick, but I want for us to trade him for a solid young player or as good of a draft pick as we can get, and in the unforeseeable event that no one wants him at the deadline, I want for us to let him walk for absolutely nothing as a free agent to open minutes for the development of youth that can help propel us back to the top. I want for us to try really, really hard, and thus build character, but still to lose as many games as we possibly can. The most recent 96-90 Atlanta loss was a perfect result in my book, and I'd be alright with 50 more of them before the season ends.

In three years, I want for us to have acquired Top-5 picks in each of the next three drafts, to have opened some money up for potential free agent acquisitions, to have grown even younger than we are now, and to have developed some character and fight along the way. If we can make the playoffs in three years as a collection of blossoming top picks, at least two of which have legitimate star potential, the rebuild will have been a success.

good call henni
Work Hard
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by arsenal6106 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:04 pm

It's the offseason for us, so I figure I bump this puppy.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,065

Post#47 » by bigdogdylan5 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:01 pm

sportsrock37 wrote:...not in the lottery.

Amen simple and easy
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
orlandomike
Starter
And1: 53

Post#48 » by orlandomike » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:02 pm

. . . it will be 2017.
My 2 cents is worth 5 cents.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#49 » by Last Guardian » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm

orlandomike wrote:. . . it will be 2017.

2015....this thread was made in 2012.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#50 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 pm

To be serious title contenders.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Forgot to officially bump this thread in 2015. Mann, reading thru the response s is kind depressing. Here's to the next 3-5 years.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,056

Re: 3 Years From Now... (Edit: 2017 Edition) 

Post#52 » by Statlanta » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:01 pm

3 years from now I hope Isaac is playing small ball 5 in select lineups.
3 years from now I hope our bench is rectified.
3 years from now I hope we have a top 20(baby steps) offense.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,962

Post#53 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 am

3 yrs from now, we'll be giddy at the steal we selected with pick #23 from OKC.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,788

Post#54 » by drsd » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 am

arsenal6106 wrote:I expect/want this team to be.

Return to Orlando Magic