ImageImageImageImage

Dwight is very emotional

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

juxsta
Ballboy
And1: 25

Re: Dwight is very emotional 

Post#21 » by juxsta » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:00 pm

fklt wrote:I can't understand the amount of hate for dwight around here. I would imagine there would be less people hating his guts, not for the ending but the sake of the journey. yes, he was cancer last few years, yes he is a little overrated, he was spoiled, but he was a all around nice guy I think. dude even opted in to give us better leverage.

Yeah..He's such a nice guy that he said " He cried for Lebron when he won the championship"............But,
he couldn't bother getting out a message of congrats to his teammates for winning Game 1 of the playoffs on the road?
Sorry,he's a douche.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#22 » by magicmamma » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 pm

fklt wrote:I can't understand the amount of hate for dwight around here. I would imagine there would be less people hating his guts, not for the ending but the sake of the journey. yes, he was cancer last few years, yes he is a little overrated, he was spoiled, but he was a all around nice guy I think. dude even opted in to give us better leverage.

That you, Dwight?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#23 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 pm

AddiFB wrote:

:rofl:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#24 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 pm

magicmamma wrote:

That you, Dwight?

No, it is probably that Rudolph guy. Haven't heard from him for a long while. Must have moved to L.A. to be Dwights personal P.R. rep.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Jaxfann
Senior
And1: 41

Post#25 » by Jaxfann » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:BBD showed more emotion in his post game interview than Dwight ever had in his life.

You got that right!
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Post#26 » by fklt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm not dwight or that rudolph guy. I don't even like dwight that much.

the thing is he is not our girlfriend and he did not stab us in the back.
I think we as fans expect too much from players. when there is no gain, teams gave up loyal players all the time. they don't act like a circle of brotherhood or something, they act like a business. but at the other end of that business, we expect players to act like our significant others. and when they don't we get angry.

as for opting in to give us better leverage, yep there is no proof for that. but I was thinking this way, even at the moment he opted in. dwight is not a smart guy, he is a childish guy. he wants to be liked, he didn't want to become another lebron or shaq for leaving us stranded.

whatever, what I'm trying to say is; after all these years of cheering for the dwight, I can't bring myself to exact opposite. and I'm surprised how people so easily do it. cause more or less he is still the same guy.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#27 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 pm

^^^You must be young and new to professional sports. Fans bleed for their teams and take everything involved very seriously. Most do. You should try going to the Knicks board and posting something like this. I would love to see their reply. Rooting for your teams is usually a be all, end all type situation. You are either for or against. No middle ground allowed!^^^

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#28 » by mhectorgato » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:49 pm

fklt wrote:as for opting in to give us better leverage, yep there is no proof for that. but I was thinking this way, even at the moment he opted in. dwight is not a smart guy, he is a childish guy. he wants to be liked, he didn't want to become another lebron or shaq for leaving us stranded.

What you're saying he did it for selfish reasons and *not* to give us leverage.

He used the media and his agents to try to force us to trade him to Brooklyn, which is the opposite of trying to give us leverage.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Post#29 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

fklt wrote:I'm not dwight or that rudolph guy. I don't even like dwight that much.

the thing is he is not our girlfriend and he did not stab us in the back.
I think we as fans expect too much from players. when there is no gain, teams gave up loyal players all the time. they don't act like a circle of brotherhood or something, they act like a business. but at the other end of that business, we expect players to act like our significant others. and when they don't we get angry.

as for opting in to give us better leverage, yep there is no proof for that. but I was thinking this way, even at the moment he opted in. dwight is not a smart guy, he is a childish guy. he wants to be liked, he didn't want to become another lebron or shaq for leaving us stranded.

whatever, what I'm trying to say is; after all these years of cheering for the dwight, I can't bring myself to exact opposite. and I'm surprised how people so easily do it. cause more or less he is still the same guy.

Dude were you not around during the Dwightmare?

I respect the fact that Dwight wanted to leave to a bigger market so he can expand his brand. However I cannot respect the way him and his agents forced his way out. Atleast LeBron left Cleveland quick and fast. The Dwightmare was the equivalent of Dwight slow stabbing Orlando in the back with a rusty bacteria infested butter knife.
fklt
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by fklt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:22 pm

I may be young to some but don't think I am what you call young or new to pro-sports. it's just, I support teams cause it's fun. I don't believe in fandom as a trait that defines you.

What you're saying he did it for selfish reasons and *not* to give us leverage

what kind of logic is that? What I am saying is; he gave us leverage because he doesn't want to be hated. Dude could just wait a couple of months and walk to brooklyn, if that's the goal.

lastly, yes I was around here the whole time. last year sucked, only reason being dwight. he was being a douche.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#31 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:45 pm

I got into a fight a long time ago because I was at a sports bar with various fans from many NFL teams mingling on a nice Sunday afternoon because I said that Terrel Owens sucks and is overrated and some Eagles fans (said it was long ago) thought those were fighting words. Just saying. If someone states that fans shouldn't take their sports teams seriously, then it is possible that you are really not much of a diehard sports fan to begin with. Lets say you are more like an observer or like to watch sports if its on TV or just like to watch those superstar players create hilights.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
fklt
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by fklt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:10 pm

just for further clarification; yes I'm not a diehard sports fan. probably won't get in a fight about it. yet, I am a fan. highlights are cool and all but I root for this team. my mood is affected with the games. this is where the fun is at.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#33 » by MitchellUK » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:16 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I got into a fight a long time ago because I was at a sports bar with various fans from many NFL teams mingling on a nice Sunday afternoon because I said that Terrel Owens sucks and is overrated and some Eagles fans (said it was long ago) thought those were fighting words. Just saying. If someone states that fans shouldn't take their sports teams seriously, then it is possible that you are really not much of a diehard sports fan to begin with. Lets say you are more like an observer or like to watch sports if its on TV or just like to watch those superstar players create hilights.

No true fan doesn't take their team seriously. However, anyone who will get into a fistfight in a disagreement over sports is a jackass.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#34 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 pm

fklt wrote:I may be young to some but don't think I am what you call young or new to pro-sports. it's just, I support teams cause it's fun. I don't believe in fandom as a trait that defines you.

what kind of logic is that? What I am saying is; he gave us leverage because he doesn't want to be hated. Dude could just wait a couple of months and walk to brooklyn, if that's the goal.

Walking apparently wasn't an option for Dwight. He was going to be traded if he hadn't of changed his mind on that plane trip home.

Dwight sure gave us leverage by acting liking a cry baby during this off season. Talking about blackmail and telling Woj. that there was only one team he wanted to play for(Nets) long term. I'm sure that statement helped the Magic negotiate with teams like the Lakers and Rockets.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#35 » by mhectorgato » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

fklt wrote:I may be young to some but don't think I am what you call young or new to pro-sports. it's just, I support teams cause it's fun. I don't believe in fandom as a trait that defines you.

The logic is this -- he did what he did was for his public persona and not to benefit us. That may have been a side effect, but the driving factor was, as you mentioned, "he doesn't want to be hated", in another words - a selfish reason.

IF he wanted to give us leverage, he would have *not* narrowed the field of potential teams he would resigne with from 29 down to 1.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
fklt
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by fklt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:03 pm

yes, motives may be selfish, you can put it that way. you can choose to focus on the ulterior motive behind every act of kindness, if you want. is this going on because I said he is an all around nice guy? I'm changing the wording to he is not that bad of a guy.

also, wondering, couldn't he walk to brooklyn either way? even if he did get traded then?
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#37 » by mhectorgato » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

fklt wrote:yes, motives may be selfish, you can put it that way. you can choose to focus on ulterior motives behind every act of kindness, if you want. is this going on because I said he is an all around nice guy? I'm changing the wording to he is not that bad of a guy.

also, wondering, couldn't he walk to brooklyn either way? even if he did get traded then?

Nothing to do with you saying he's a nice guy. It was the implication of your words that he intended to give us leverage.

As far as I remember, with Deron on the books (directly or his cap hold), I don't think they had the cap space to sign him outright. A trade was going to be needed.
fklt
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by fklt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

I remember deron williams was out with a broken heart in the next game when dwight opted in (: I remember they had the space, though not so sure now that you said otherwise.

So, he opted in, because he was going to get traded if he did not, just to get traded later on? what's the point?
only gain in the difference between being traded then and this summer with a year on his contract is for orlando as far I can see it. correct me if I'm wrong.

Return to Orlando Magic