ImageImageImageImage

What is wrong with LA Dwight Howard?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Re: What is wrong with LA Dwight Howard? 

Post#21 » by thelead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 am

Cashin out wrote:
thelead wrote:
OOO wrote:60 percent Dwight Howard out there. He's not fully healthy. He wasn't even supposed to play until January.

You're going to be disappointed. You are watching Dwight at about 90%.

Dwight is nowhere near 90%,he even said the other day he's about 50%.I just think he needs about 2 more months to be 100%,like he said he's been out for 6 months without basketball activity coming off back surgery,and he's still putting up 18/12 at 50%.Scary to think what he can do when he gets healthy.

I have watched 99.9% of Dwight's games since entering the NBA. He is 80% at worst and closer to 100% than you think. Sorry.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#22 » by OrlDave » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Cashin out wrote:
thelead wrote:
OOO wrote:60 percent Dwight Howard out there. He's not fully healthy. He wasn't even supposed to play until January.

Dwight is nowhere near 90%,he even said the other day he's about 50%.I just think he needs about 2 more months to be 100%,like he said he's been out for 6 months without basketball activity coming off back surgery,and he's still putting up 18/12 at 50%.Scary to think what he can do when he gets healthy.

If you know the answer then why did you ask the question?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#23 » by Javanar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:32 pm

magicman123 wrote:
MJallday59 wrote:
I think at this point he needs a scorer next to him in the post. Think Robinson-Duncan.

At what point do people start blaming Dwight?

A. Dwight needs a HOF passing PG
B. Dwight needs a HOF clutch SG
C. Dwight needs a wing player that can take over games and create his own shot
D. Dwight needs a bruising PF to help out
E. Dwight needs a PF that can stretch the floor for him
F. Dwight needs a PF that can help score inside
G. Dwight needs a PF that can pass, rebound, and shoot 3 pointers
H. Dwight needs a team full of passers
I. Dwight needs players that can help him defend
J. Dwight needs a team full of Hall of Fame players
K.Dwight needs a coach that wont yell
L.?

He wants to be the leading star player in NBA and to achieve this he wants his team to be built according to his needs. He thinks of himself as an equal caliber player of Le Bron James or Kobe Bryant. The problem is he is not and he can not be.
I am not a native English speaker...
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#24 » by WeAreVenom » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Man if you really think Dwight is almost twice as good as he has been showing, then you are about to be in for a severe disappointment.

It's not like he's playing bad, he's had a few great games.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#25 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:33 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:

Man if you really think Dwight is almost twice as good as he has been showing, then you are about to be in for a severe disappointment.

This.

If he is 60%, then he really shouldn't be playing cause he is just hurting his team if he isn't at full strength. As usual he is making excuses to hide the fact that his athleticism is fading and he is being exposed as an overrated defender.

The Dwightmare blinded all of us Magic fans and it will do the same to Laker fans as well. I mean, you don't want him walking from LA which is a strong possibility.
XonezIOIzenoX
Senior
And1: 44

Post#26 » by XonezIOIzenoX » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Well i too have seen Dwight Howard play since his rookie season. Where i saw him progress to Superstar levels was when Stan Van got to be the head coach. Couple things i am noticing. He seem to be a system center player at most. His man to man defense has always been suspect no matter how you put it. He is a turnover prune as the magic fans have always known about. His somewhat small decline began last season to be honest before his back injury. He is Dwight Howard at worst 80 percent, not some 50 percent player that the Laker fans are relying on. This is the Dwight Howard I grew up watching, and he does seem slow in all levels which was starting to show. If Bynum hasn't had those bad knees, the debate for being the best center in the NBA would of been right between these two by an inch.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,015

Post#27 » by Driguez » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:

Yup. Btw its hilarious that some Lakers think they know Dwight better in 2 months of play than us who have been watching his every game since he entered the NBA.
"We all we got"- SVG
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#28 » by Def Swami » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Bynum: "Dwight's a great player, but he's going to have to get accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single play."
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,772

Post#29 » by RookieStar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:02 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Bynum: "Dwight's a great player, but he's going to have to get accustomed to playing with Kobe and not touching the ball every single play."

ooooh snap
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#30 » by ChosenSavior » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:37 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

It will only be a matter of time before Dwight and Kobe start taking jabs at one another. I can't see Dwight adjusting his game as he still thinks that he is a #1 option on a team.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#31 » by arsenal6106 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:06 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

:lol:

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#32 » by Bensational » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 am

magicman123 wrote:
MJallday59 wrote:
I think at this point he needs a scorer next to him in the post. Think Robinson-Duncan.

At what point do people start blaming Dwight?

A. Dwight needs a HOF passing PG
B. Dwight needs a HOF clutch SG
C. Dwight needs a wing player that can take over games and create his own shot
D. Dwight needs a bruising PF to help out
E. Dwight needs a PF that can stretch the floor for him
F. Dwight needs a PF that can help score inside
G. Dwight needs a PF that can pass, rebound, and shoot 3 pointers
H. Dwight needs a team full of passers
I. Dwight needs players that can help him defend
J. Dwight needs a team full of Hall of Fame players
K.Dwight needs a coach that wont yell
L.?

i get the hyperbole, but most of those things are right. it just depends on where you place Dwight in the heirarchy of a team, and how good you expect his team to perform.

Dwight's problems are a catch 22. he needs to be a #1 option, to learn for himself that he's not good enough to be a #1 option. but at the same time, he seems so intent on pointing the finger at everyone else that he wouldn't actually learn that lesson.

for what Dwight is, he's still great. he just needs to learn his role within a team. personally, i still think that that is as a #1b, or #2 option. i'm still fairly confident that by the season's end he and Kobe will have found a balance, and i think Nash's ability as a playmaker will be a large diffuser on that front.
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#33 » by JT3000 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:14 am

Cashin out wrote:
thelead wrote:

Dwight is nowhere near 90%,he even said the other day he's about 50%.

Dwight Howard is a habitual liar. An overall low character guy. It makes not a bit of difference what he says. His expected recovery time was magically cut in half the moment he was traded to LA. How does that happen? Does the city of LA have a mystical healing ability that no one was aware of?

What you see is what you're getting. Now bugger off. This is an Orlando Magic forum, not a "Ask Questions About Lakers Players" forum. It's quite puzzling how this hasn't already been locked.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,362

Post#34 » by Bensational » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 am

JT3000 wrote:What you see is what you're getting. Now bugger off. This is an Orlando Magic forum, not a "Ask Questions About Lakers Players" forum. It's quite puzzling how this hasn't already been locked.

it's quite puzzling how you bother to comment in a thread that you clearly don't want to see active. maybe your time would be better spent washing the sand out of your vagina?
JT3000
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#35 » by JT3000 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am

Bensational wrote:
JT3000 wrote:What you see is what you're getting. Now bugger off. This is an Orlando Magic forum, not a "Ask Questions About Lakers Players" forum. It's quite puzzling how this hasn't already been locked.

it's quite puzzling how you bother to comment in a thread that you clearly don't want to see active. maybe your time would be better spent washing the sand out of your vagina?

I commented because these Dwight threads are popping up on a regular basis. They're off topic and usually started by trolls, for the sake of trolling, and need to be stopped. Their "questions" are not sincere or well intentioned. There's nothing puzzling about it. It's obvious to anyone who actually has a clue. But since beating your chest from behind a computer screen makes you feel like a big boy, please continue. It's cute. My entertainment is always time well spent.
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,494

Post#36 » by doct3r dr3 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

What is wrong with LA? Dwight Howard

fixed.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#37 » by mhectorgato » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:45 pm

OrlDave wrote:
Cashin out wrote:
thelead wrote:You're going to be disappointed. You are watching Dwight at about 90%.

If you know the answer then why did you ask the question?

This!
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Post#38 » by AhaAha » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm with JT3000...obvious troll thread should be locked...
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,589

Post#39 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:51 pm

I think Dwight is about 100%. I have seen him play and there appears to be no limitations to his movement while he still does everything I have seen him do before. If anything, his conditioning is not as good as it was and SVG used to tailor the defense around Dwight's strengths whereas the Sterns, I mean Lakers, don't funnel opponents to Dwight for him to make easy defensive plays. It is more straight up man to man while they think if the player gets by them, Dwight will makeup for it. Not much team defense over there now like he had in Orlando. But, their offense looks better than Orlandos if there is a bright spot.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Ballah
Bench Warmer
And1: 573

Post#40 » by Ballah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Stan Van Gundy would have that Lakers team at the top of the league.

Return to Orlando Magic