ImageImageImageImage

What is wrong with LA Dwight Howard?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: What is wrong with LA Dwight Howard? 

Post#41 » by mhectorgato » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:06 pm

imo, Dwight's limitation is likely he's a small fish in a big pond now, in various senses.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#42 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

mhectorgato wrote:imo, Dwight's limitation is likely he's a small fish in a big pond now, in various senses.

Magic had smart players playing in a true Defensive system tailored directly around Dwight. He didn't have to think as much. Now, he actually has to think on his feet and every game there is an ESPN highlight of some player dunking on Dwight. I just love it. I bet his confidence is most assuredly taking a hit right now. He hasn't been on any talk shows in a month or two now.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#43 » by mhectorgato » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:31 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:imo, Dwight's limitation is likely he's a small fish in a big pond now, in various senses.

Magic had smart players playing in a true Defensive system tailored directly around Dwight. He didn't have to think as much. Now, he actually has to think on his feet and every game there is an ESPN highlight of some player dunking on Dwight. I just love it. I bet his confidence is most assuredly taking a hit right now. He hasn't been on any talk shows in a month or two now.

As you mentioned, the defense was designed around him.

Our offense, and the players acquired to fit it, was designed around him.

He was our only superstar. Kobe is a larger star.

He was the most accomplished player on our team. Kobe, Pau, MWP, and others were more so.

He was one of the "leaders" on the team.

In the city, he was one of the most notable public personalities. In LA, he's just another public persona among hundreds (movie, music, sports, etc)

etc, etc, etc ...
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Orlando Magic