ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#181 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 am

IGotDaMagicInMe wrote:" Bryant acknowledged he could be "hard to play with," according to the Times, and challenged Howard to speak up if he had a problem with it.

Howard was "despondent" and did not offer much of a reply to Bryant, according to a team source.

One example of the rocky relationship between the two Western Conference All-Star starters, according to a league source, was a game this season when Howard harped to a teammate about the disparity between his and Bryant's shots while sitting on the bench. The teammate called Bryant over so Howard could tell it to Bryant's face, but Howard refused to speak up. "

Howard is such a pansy

Classic Dwight, I hope it was Duhon that called Kobe over.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#182 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 am

TheFix wrote:I think this is a wonderful opportunity for Howard to return to Orlando and start afresh. The fanbase must be in a forgiving mood.

Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#183 » by TheFix » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:38 am

And this kind of attitude is exactly why we'll be cellar-dwellers for the future.

Small markets can't afford to hold grudges. Take the opportunities as they come or be content as a loser.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#184 » by Rick Rolled » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:44 am

TheFix wrote:And this kind of attitude is exactly why we'll be cellar-dwellers for the future.

Small markets can't afford to hold grudges. Take the opportunities as they come or be content as a loser.

So, the attitude of the fan base dictates the moves a general manager makes?
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#185 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:46 am

TheFix wrote:And this kind of attitude is exactly why we'll be cellar-dwellers for the future.

LOL. He isn't coming back.

Besides we aren't a part of ownership anyways, so who cares if the majority of fans don't want to see Dwight back in Orlando. It would be up to management anyways and it's already reported that Orlando is not going after him in free agency.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#186 » by dsg2021 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 am

It'll be great for him to finally own his destiny this summer even though LAL was on his "God's destiny list" too. There's no scenario where he's not locking himself into a 4-5 year max for good, where ever it is.

He should learn to speak up against Kobe, doesn't have to match his tone or ferocity, just say calmly he's getting way too much touches and is a ball hog. Then say you have nothing else to say until you see it improving. Kobe probably will retaliate but Dwight is the FA and strategic one guy here. The worst case scenario, make the list of trade teams (BK only or w/e else) and walk out. Because no one is going to trade for Dwight at 60-70% healthy and for a couple months or so only, it's too different than the 1 full season of contract leverage the Magic had with trading him.

I always think the team should be run by Nash, he would PnR and feed Dwight the ball a ton in the first 2 or 3 quarters or so. Kobe would drop to something like 24 PPG but gather higher efficiency marks. The tempo would be slower but also more calculated. We've seen Dwight. The more touches and confidence Dwight gets, the less his TO's become and the higher his FT%, AST, and defense-anchoring becomes too. The biggest thing the Lakers are missing is that the Magic had always gotten into the FT bonus pretty early in every single quarter because of Dwight alone, this is an incredibly large advantage for the team especially for Kobe the most now if he actually fed him. None of this his back was turned pu ssy excuse (that Kwame sh it aint gonna work on a proven player like D12), tell Dwight to get the feed pass and actually do it with Nash. The big trick of it all is that, the Kobe time is still needed, but it happens in the 4th quarter when Dwight has the FT bonus or close to it and Kobe gets a little more game energy saved up from deferring. This is where I see the Lakers turning Dwight into a relative garbage man and letting Kobe (Nash and Gasol also to a lesser degree) close out the game, getting his 30+ PTS if he has to for the win. But when the LAL team hit literally halfway through the season very lottery-bound, I guess I must be oversimplifying or overlooking something here in how their offense should be run. The Lakers are coming on too late so who cares.
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#187 » by TheFix » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 am

Rick Rolled wrote:

If the fanbase is positive about his potential return, then yes, that can influence a GM. Executives would rather avoid making moves that anger their fanbase.
Yab
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#188 » by Yab » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:02 pm

But we don't have a fanbase
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#189 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm

TheFix wrote:I think this is a wonderful opportunity for Howard to return to Orlando and start afresh. The fanbase must be in a forgiving mood.

I do not want Dwight back. He made his decision and he needs to live with it. I like the direction of our new team and they are fun to watch again, the last 2 seasons with Dwight were not fun to watch, the basketball was not interesting. Watching him post up almost every time was uninspiring. Plus he is not the same player anymore and his injuries are mounting. I am done with his clown act.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#190 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Yab wrote:But we don't have a fanbase

Yes we do.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#191 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Mike & Mike were moderately bashing D12 this morning.

They brought up the meeting and saying the he should have said something to Kobe. That Kobe even opened the door for D12 to verbalize his frustrations by saying he knows he hard play with at times.

They mentioned his complaint about FGAs bringing up his getting fouled and it not counting toward that number. Also, the reluctance to go to him in crunch time situations due to his poor FT shooting %.

They were saying that D12 should be traded, as that team is not going to improve appreciably.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#192 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- All of the Los Angeles Lakers -- the players, the coaches, the trainers, everybody -- sat on the bus and waited late Wednesday night. They'd all just suffered a demoralizing 106-93 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the team's fourth defeat in a row, seventh straight on the road and 10th in its past 12 games overall, and Dwight Howard was out on the court with a pack of about a dozen teenage boys and girls posing for photographs.

The Lakers were waiting, and Dwight was smiling. What else is new?

Never before in this wretched letdown of a season for these supposed new-look Lakers had the divide between Howard and the franchise felt this wide.

Haven't the Lakers been waiting for Howard to officially arrive since he first slipped on the purple and gold uniform?

Wednesday might not have been the last straw, but it sure felt like it. The Lakers had capped off the first half of the season Monday night by falling apart in the final minutes against Chicago to put them at 17-24 heading into the second half.

After an air-it-out team meeting Wednesday morning that was so dysfunctional it left even Antawn Jamison shaking his head in disbelief when asked about it -- and Jamison was on the Washington Wizards for the Javaris Crittenton-Gilbert Arenas gun incident, mind you -- Howard declared, "I think this will be the start of a new season for us tonight."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... dud-season

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Post#193 » by Orium » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

What happened to his "it all starts with me tonight" pump up speech?

Dwight Howard(notes) C 14:10 0-4 0-0 2-4 -11 0 2 0 0 1 1 2 2 2

I NEVER expected things to get this ugly in LA.. I mean wow Dwight. Go show that stat sheet around the locker room.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#194 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 pm

I find it ironic that Dwight says he is hurt every time he experiences adversity. Don't know if it is true or not, but it happens as an excuse. Probably just sore.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#195 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Orium wrote:What happened to his "it all starts with me tonight" pump up speech?

Dwight Howard(notes) C 14:10 0-4 0-0 2-4 -11 0 2 0 0 1 1 2 2 2

I NEVER expected things to get this ugly in LA.. I mean wow Dwight. Go show that stat sheet around the locker room.

I think its safe to say that he wasn't walking around that Memphis arena locker room showing that stat sheet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#196 » by MagicFan32 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 pm

His vagina muscles have been working hard give him a break
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#197 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

TheFix wrote:
Rick Rolled wrote:

If the fanbase is positive about his potential return, then yes, that can influence a GM. Executives would rather avoid making moves that anger their fanbase.

Omg..stop
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#198 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:51 pm

TheFix wrote:If the fanbase is positive about his potential return, then yes, that can influence a GM. Executives would rather avoid making moves that anger their fanbase.

FYI. The Magic traded Dwight to the Lakers of all teams. The one team all Magic fans hate and loathe because they stole Shaq and what they represent making the Magic look like a farm team. FYI. Executives made that deal against every Orlando Magic fans wishes. Every single fan was against it.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#199 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
TheFix wrote:If the fanbase is positive about his potential return, then yes, that can influence a GM. Executives would rather avoid making moves that anger their fanbase.

FYI. The Magic traded Dwight to the Lakers of all teams. The one team all Magic fans hate and loathe because they stole Shaq and what they represent making the Magic look like a farm team. FYI. Executives made that deal against every Orlando Magic fans wishes. Every single fan was against it.

:rolleyes:

Don't project your (and quite a few others as well) feelings to the *entire* fanbase.

I just wanted the best deal in return.

And no, I don't want him back.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#200 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
Don't project your (and quite a few others as well) feelings to the *entire* fanbase.

I just wanted the best deal in return.

And no, I don't want him back.

Just saying that the entire Magic fan base did not want to see Dwight in LA out of all the teams in the NBA. And, the Magic could have gotten a better deal elsewhere.

But, I am happy with Vucci and Afflalo. The jury is out on Moe as he needs time to develop. And, the remaining late round 1st round picks all suck. Magic could have easily gotten a top 10 lottery pick. Regardless, nobody wanted to gift the Lakers and the Lakers did get gifted.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic