ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#41 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Jan 5, 2013 10:03 pm

https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#42 » by arsenal6106 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 12:04 am

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/d ... -teammates

Did Dwight Howard Take A Veiled Jab at Kobe Bryant and His Lakers Teammates?

Kobe Bryant has an idea why the Lakers are struggling right now. After last night's 107-102 loss to the Clippers, Dwight Howard was asked for his perspective on why their crosstown rivals are performing so much better than the Lake Show and here's what he had to say:

"Look at the difference between our team and theirs," Howard said. "They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody's excited when something happens. We have to be like that to be a great team."

Play together? Share the ball? Um, we know he has Steve Nash and all, but Howard realized that infamous ballhog Kobe was still on the Lakers when he got traded to the team over the summer, right? Are things already starting to fall apart in L.A.?
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#43 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:11 am

jernigan wrote:Twitter find of the day

LMAO.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#44 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:16 am

GhostX wrote:Laker fan here...after watching Dwight play at 70% or w/e he is currently at my main gripe with his game is how often he gets stripped. He has the mentality to try and dunk everything when really a simple layup (Z-BO style) would suffice. When he does that either an opposing gaurd or sf just strips him as he tries to gather himself and dunk. Obviously he isnt 100% but i hope he gets his athleticism back.

Dwight always tried to gather himself when he receives a pass. He has done it since his rookie year and we screamed for years for him to keep the ball high and not bring it down because its going to get stripped almost every time. This has nothing to do with his back injury. I came to the conclusion years ago that Dwight is too dumb to make what seems like an easy adjustment. He has been in the league close to a decade, he is not going to change his ways.
aka: prorl
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#45 » by WeAreVenom » Sun Jan 6, 2013 1:25 am

arsenal6106 wrote:http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/01/did-dwight-howard-take-a-veiled-jab-at-kobe-bryant-and-his-lakers-teammates

Did Dwight Howard Take A Veiled Jab at Kobe Bryant and His Lakers Teammates?

Kobe Bryant has an idea why the Lakers are struggling right now. After last night's 107-102 loss to the Clippers, Dwight Howard was asked for his perspective on why their crosstown rivals are performing so much better than the Lake Show and here's what he had to say:

"Look at the difference between our team and theirs," Howard said. "They just play together. They share the ball. Everybody's excited when something happens. We have to be like that to be a great team."

Play together? Share the ball? Um, we know he has Steve Nash and all, but Howard realized that infamous ballhog Kobe was still on the Lakers when he got traded to the team over the summer, right? Are things already starting to fall apart in L.A.?

.....Did he really not see this coming?

Did he really think he would get more shots? Didn't Kobe specifically tell him that he wouldn't over a year ago? Not that he even needed to.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#46 » by OrlandO » Sun Jan 6, 2013 5:32 am

Howard continues to open his mouth:
(Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

So basically, he's saying the team chemistry sucks and guys don't like each other. There's also some interesting quotes from Kobe...
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... each-other
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#47 » by arsenal6106 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 6:25 am

OrlandO wrote:Howard continues to open his mouth:
(Chemistry is) something we have to do to get better. We have to play like we like each other. Even if we don't want to be friends off the court, whatever that may be, when we step in between the lines or we step in the locker room or the gym, we have to respect each other and what we bring to the table.

So basically, he's saying the team chemistry sucks and guys don't like each other. There's also some interesting quotes from Kobe...
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... each-other

Wow. :lol:

Asked again how that compares to the dynamic with Howard, Bryant said: "It's not the same thing. On that team, it was me and Shaq and role players, who were excellent role players. Here, it's me, Dwight, Steve and Pau (Gasol). We play to each other's strengths. Steve is the best facilitating guard. Pau is the best facilitating big man. The ball goes through those guys, and it allows them to make everybody better. It's really that simple."

When told of Bryant's quotes, characterizing himself as sacrificing during the O'Neal era, Howard asked for clarification.

"He took a back seat?" Howard asked. "I was super young, so I really don't remember too much from those championship runs."

Howard was then asked if he thought he had the same kind of alpha male personality as O'Neal.

"You can't look at it as the alpha male. It's basketball. We're not a pack of wolves," Howard said.

"There's different ways to lead a team. Sometimes you have to follow to learn how to lead. I've done an excellent job with guys of being somebody they can all come to if they have a problem.

"But if they're not working the way they need to work, I'm the guy that will tell 'em, 'Hey, you need to get in the weight room or get some extra shots up.' That's where I come in. I don't have to bark about it to you guys (reporters) or to the team."

Howard then explained what his definition of an "alpha male" is.

"If you're an alpha male, you don't have to always show that you're the alpha male," he said. "Just be who you are. You come in the room, people know you're there.

"My presence is felt every day, and I don't have to come here and growl and snarl at people. I don't have to do all that."

Instead, he said he tries to create a happy, enjoyable work environment.

"(My teammates) like when I come in, have fun and enjoy myself. Because they want to have fun and enjoy themselves, too," Howard said. "If they can't do it, it's not a great working environment.

"I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#48 » by woosah » Sun Jan 6, 2013 7:11 am

Dwight thought the grass was greener, but it ended up being turf. :lol:

I think Dwight looks at Lebron and Wade and wants that. They seem close and he wants that person who has his back on the court and they party together and whatever off the court. I guess he thought him and Deron would be like that. I don't know, he just seems miserable.

I keep saying they will get it together eventually, but i don't know now. If egos are going to start getting the best of everyone then it's about to get ugly. I don't feel bad for him though.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
WeAreVenom
Head Coach
And1: 325

Post#49 » by WeAreVenom » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:28 pm

"I don't think you guys would want to come into work with a boss that's always telling you what to do. If you see the boss being at ease and having fun doing it, then you're going to have fun doing that. That's who I am. I've been an alpha male my whole life, but I don't go pissing everywhere to show people that I'm an alpha male. I just need to be who I am."

Lol, what exactly does he think a boss is supposed to do?

He still has some growing up to do.

My biggest fear is that Kobe rubs off on him, because when he does, they'll probably be unstoppable.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#50 » by craig01 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 2:56 pm

WeAreVenom wrote:

Lol, what exactly does he think a boss is supposed to do?

He still has some growing up to do.

My biggest fear is that Kobe rubs off on him, because when he does, they'll probably be unstoppable.

Yeah, if Howard ever decides to mature....he could be scary.

Personally, I don't believe Howard will ever meet the greatness that everyone was projecting for him.

Howard is missing one very important thing besides growing up:

Character.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
kman1023
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#51 » by kman1023 » Sun Jan 6, 2013 4:23 pm

All I want is for the Magic organization to flourish. I love this new team (even if we have dropped 8 straight) it's exciting how well we play (at times) without a single superstar. I do like Jaque Vaughn although I haven't watched many games this year. I pray that Nicholson, Vucevic, and Harkless become premier players for this organization. If those three play at an unprecedented level, that would be one hell of a front court :lol: who am I kidding

The next best thing is to see Dwight realize that he needed Orlando more than we needed him.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#52 » by Cigamodnalro » Sun Jan 6, 2013 8:07 pm

https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Bandwaggoner
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#53 » by Bandwaggoner » Sun Jan 6, 2013 9:26 pm

2013 free agency. Do it Orlando. Would be biggest conspiracy since 1919 CWS
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#54 » by TheFix » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:14 pm

I think all true Magic fans would welcome Dwight back to Orlando.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#55 » by CourtsideTV » Sun Jan 6, 2013 10:30 pm

lol everyone would hate orlando if that happened.

he could use the whole 'i was paying back LA for stealing shaq line" and get some loyalty back from fans. not happening tho lol
Work Hard
Kevaroo
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#56 » by Kevaroo » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:04 pm

Twitter is great in the trashing of Dwight Coward.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#57 » by MagicStarwipe » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:25 pm

I can't see Dwight continuing to want to play with Kobe.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#58 » by OrlandO » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:46 pm

If everything continues to trend downwards for Dwight (miss playoffs, bad relationship with kobe, lack of shots, bashed by LA media, etc), do you guys think Henny will give him a call when free agency hits just to make sure he doesn't want to return?
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#59 » by thelead » Sun Jan 6, 2013 11:55 pm

OrlandO wrote:If everything continues to trend downwards for Dwight (miss playoffs, bad relationship with kobe, lack of shots, bashed by LA media, etc), do you guys think Henny will give him a call when free agency hits just to make sure he doesn't want to return?

With what money would we sign him?
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#60 » by OrlandO » Mon Jan 7, 2013 1:46 am

thelead wrote:
OrlandO wrote:If everything continues to trend downwards for Dwight (miss playoffs, bad relationship with kobe, lack of shots, bashed by LA media, etc), do you guys think Henny will give him a call when free agency hits just to make sure he doesn't want to return?

With what money would we sign him?

some creativity at the trade deadline and draft day??

edit: nevermind, looked up old info.

Return to Orlando Magic