ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#201 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:06 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:
Don't project your (and quite a few others as well) feelings to the *entire* fanbase.

I just wanted the best deal in return.

And no, I don't want him back.

Just saying that the entire Magic fan base did not want to see Dwight in LA out of all the teams in the NBA. And, the Magic could have gotten a better deal elsewhere.

But, I am happy with Vucci and Afflalo. The jury is out on Moe as he needs time to develop. And, the remaining late round 1st round picks all suck. Magic could have easily gotten a top 10 lottery pick. Regardless, nobody wanted to gift the Lakers and the Lakers did get gifted.

Don't project your (and quite a few others as well) feelings to the *entire* fanbase.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#202 » by mhectorgato » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

When it rains ..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... Is_DAntoni

The Los Angeles Lakers remain confident that they will re-sign Dwight Howard and do not plan on entertaining a trade before the February deadline.

Sources say the one issue that could give make Howard hesitant about committing to the Lakers would be D'Antoni.

While D'Antoni was head coach of the New York Knicks, he told the front office that he preferred Tyson Chandler to Howard, according to a source.

The Lakers are confident the power of their brand, market and ability to pay him the most money will convince him to stay.

"Even if they're right, and Dwight stays, do you want Dwight unhappy and feeling uninvolved with D'Antoni?" said one source tied to both the Lakers and Howard.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#203 » by magicmamma » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

So he's gunning for his third coach kill. What's the record?

I for one, as well as most of the people who sat near me at the games, didn't care where he went as long as it wasn't Orlando. I'd still be a season ticket holder if they had disposed of the big cancer before the deadline for renewal. There's no way I would pay for another year of that.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#204 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:29 pm

magicmamma wrote:So he's gunning for his third coach kill. What's the record?

I for one, as well as most of the people who sat near me at the games, didn't care where he went as long as it wasn't Orlando. I'd still be a season ticket holder if they had disposed of the big cancer before the deadline for renewal. There's no way I would pay for another year of that.

Fourth.

And yes, after all that opt-in, opt-out, opt-back-in drama, Howard will almost certainly leave the Magic sometime next year, probably for the Nets. Most superstars get to kill off only one coach, "and Dwight was also in on Brian Hill," the league source said. "People forget that. Stan is the second coach he's running out of there."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... n-superman

1. Hill
2. SVG
3. Brown
4. Pringles

And I wonder how he felt about Bickerstaff ;)
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#205 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Also, for the record, the four coaches that Dwight has had a hand in firing or will likely have a hand in firing have a compiled Career win/loss record of roughly 1400 wins to roughly 1000 losses (MB 314 - 167; BH 298-315; MDA 400-359; SVG 371-208). It's not like Dwight was dealt a bad hand.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#206 » by magicmamma » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Was Dwight really instrumental in firing MB? I suspect it was the guys who hoped to get their old coach back.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#207 » by Rick Rolled » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 pm

TheFix wrote:
Rick Rolled wrote:
TheFix wrote:And this kind of attitude is exactly why we'll be cellar-dwellers for the future.

Small markets can't afford to hold grudges. Take the opportunities as they come or be content as a loser.

So, the attitude of the fan base dictates the moves a general manager makes?

If the fanbase is positive about his potential return, then yes, that can influence a GM. Executives would rather avoid making moves that anger their fanbase.

Tell that to Otis Smith.

How many here wanted to trade Gortat for the corpse of Hedo (and his absurd contract)?

The guy literally had two or three major moves that didn't completely piss a majority of the fanbase off.

-Alston Trade
-Carter/Anderson trade
-Signing Peaches
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#208 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

Just saying that 99.9999% of the entire Magic fan base did not want to see Dwight in LA out of all the teams in the NBA.

FIXED!!! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#209 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:42 pm

I do have to say that seeing all this drama happening with Dwight in LA of all places is just Sweeeet Justice. Now, people can stop trashing the Magic organization being we have done everything within our power to keep Dwight happy including many trades and FA acquisitions including firing a "TOP 5 Coach in the NBA" to appease this bastard. But, I would still welcome him back, lolol.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#210 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Why would you want him back? After all the destruction he caused and to top it off he is not the same player he used to be and I think will never be.
aka: prorl
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#211 » by tiderulz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:59 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
mhectorgato wrote:

I just wanted the best deal in return.

And no, I don't want him back.

Just saying that the entire Magic fan base did not want to see Dwight in LA out of all the teams in the NBA. And, the Magic could have gotten a better deal elsewhere.

But, I am happy with Vucci and Afflalo. The jury is out on Moe as he needs time to develop. And, the remaining late round 1st round picks all suck. Magic could have easily gotten a top 10 lottery pick. Regardless, nobody wanted to gift the Lakers and the Lakers did get gifted.

no, i think most of the Magic fan base were mad at Dwight and know how much he wanted Brooklyn that they didnt want him with the Nets out of all the teams.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#212 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:Why would you want him back? After all the destruction he caused and to top it off he is not the same player he used to be and I think will never be.

But, up to the last year and a half that he was here, he was a great teammate and was revered. If he truly realized what he lost out on and wanted to make amends here, I would accept him back as much as I hate him too. Because, Dwight at 75% is still a superstar caliber player that one could build a team around.

Regardless, I have a new respect for Stan Van Gundy because he was able to keep this ship afloat with little adversity for so long with various players that evidently had ego problems.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#213 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Why would you want him back? After all the destruction he caused and to top it off he is not the same player he used to be and I think will never be.

But, up to the last year and a half that he was here, he was a great teammate and was revered. If he truly realized what he lost out on and wanted to make amends here, I would accept him back as much as I hate him too. Because, Dwight at 75% is still a superstar caliber player that one could build a team around.

Regardless, I have a new respect for Stan Van Gundy because he was able to keep this ship afloat with little adversity for so long with various players that evidently had ego problems.

I've wanted to get rid of Dwight for years, he's overpaid and doesn't give a team what it needs to win a ring. It costs too much these days to get a team that can win, and wasting 20 million on a center that can't hit FTs and will continue to lose his physical talents is a bad idea.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#214 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:26 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:
I've wanted to get rid of Dwight for years, he's overpaid and doesn't give a team what it needs to win a ring. It costs too much these days to get a team that can win, and wasting 20 million on a center that can't hit FTs and will continue to lose his physical talents is a bad idea.

Magic went to the finals in 2009. Thus, they were capable of being a Ship caliber team with only (1) superstar player who happened to be a Center that couldn't hit FT's and a great mastermind of a coach.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#215 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 pm

Wow... Just wow!

I think Dwight can now be listed as the worse recipient of the Reverse Curse of the Magic. :oops:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#216 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Dwight cried when he became a Laker and now is crying to leave the Lakers. Just freaking classic.

The past few days have been some of the most happy I have been in a while as a Magic fan. Sweeeet Justice!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#217 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:22 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:

Magic went to the finals in 2009. Thus, they were capable of being a Ship caliber team with only (1) superstar player who happened to be a Center that couldn't hit FT's and a great mastermind of a coach.

We didn't win, did we? He's not going to get any better, his physical skills are not going to get better, they'll only degrade. Dwight is a defensive superstar that gets paid like he is Lebron James, yet he isn't dynamic at all. If you're going to spend 20 mil on a player, they need to be more multidimensional due to the salary restrains in the NBA. Add to that that he thinks he is the #1 offensive option on the team and you've got a recipe for failure.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#218 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 pm

It is just as hard to make it to the finals as it is to win em. Just sayin. Problem is, many players make more than LeBron who are just all-stars. Just the way they did the CBA.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#219 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:

Physically Dwight is not the same player he was in 09, nor was his attitude as toxic as its been the last 2 season. I think of Larry Johnson, he was never explosive again after back surgery and considering he has no finesse at all he could fall hard.
aka: prorl
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#220 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Physically Dwight is not the same player he was in 09, nor was his attitude as toxic as its been the last 2 season. I think of Larry Johnson, he was never explosive again after back surgery and considering he has no finesse at all he could fall hard.

True that. Dwight is still capable of a few 20/20 games each season, but it appears his consistency has taken a dramatic hit. Maybe, his body just can't deal with the lengthy season anymore. If that is the case, the Magic got out at the most opportune time.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic