ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#541 » by OrlandO » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:09 am

G-Heel wrote:It's not the first time Lakers has assembled a team of superstars and failed to win. They had Kobe in his prime, with Shaq, Gary Payton and Karl Malone and they couldn't get the job done.

That team won 56 games and made it to the finals... that's not exactly a failure. Shaq, Kobe and Malone missed a lot of games that season, too.
Chris1
Senior
And1: 41

Post#542 » by Chris1 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:10 am

OrlandO wrote:It was easy to defend Dwight when he was young, full of potential and not such a douche. Now he's 27 coming off back surgery, still has many of the same flaws he had years ago, he's been exposed as a fraud over the past year and a half in terms of his character, and parts of his game have regressed (49% or less free throws past two seasons, had better offensive moves a few years ago). Not that his game ever developed into what we thought it would be by this point in his career. It's really a shame he wasted the past two seasons of his career with the dwightmare because he is the type of player that will fall off once he hits his 30s. I don't even want to touch on how much of a dick he's become over the past couple of years, there's plenty of evidence on that, but dude is on twitter right now arguing with people and making comments about how deep his pockets are like he's Chris Duhon.

Thanks for telling it like it is.

He's been exposed as a system player, he's putting up the same numbers but because the system doesn't revolve around him he's less effective. Same thing happened to Amare with the New York Knicks.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#543 » by G-Heel » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:16 am

OrlandO wrote:
G-Heel wrote:It's not the first time Lakers has assembled a team of superstars and failed to win. They had Kobe in his prime, with Shaq, Gary Payton and Karl Malone and they couldn't get the job done.

That team won 56 games and made it to the finals... that's not exactly a failure.

Most people will agree that it was a failure. They didn't win a championship, which was the whole purpose of forming that team in the first place.
Fire Otis!
Chris1
Senior

Post#544 » by Chris1 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:20 am

G-Heel wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

That team won 56 games and made it to the finals... that's not exactly a failure.

Most people will agree that it was a failure. They didn't win a championship, which was the whole purpose of forming that team in the first place.

And this Laker team is still not a playoff team and we're 4 months into the season, much bigger failure. Better to lose in the Finals than to be in danger of missing the playoffs entirely.
G-Heel
Head Coach

Post#545 » by G-Heel » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:31 am

Chris1 wrote:
G-Heel wrote:You acting like it's Dwight's fault they're not doing well. The blame should be shared among all the players. If you say Dwight sucks because he can't win with them, then that means Kobe, Nash, and Gasol suck too.

It's not the first time Lakers has assembled a team of superstars and failed to win. They had Kobe in his prime, with Shaq, Gary Payton and Karl Malone and they couldn't get the job done. Add to the fact Nash, Gasol, and Dwight being injured throughout the season I'm not surprised that they aren't doing well. When they failed to get Phil Jackson I knew they were going to struggle.

Reading this thread I just see a bunch of fans that fail to move on. It seems so hypocritical to me that you're criticize Dwight things that other teams' fans used to criticized him for, and many of us defended him against those accusations.

I bet if Dwight ever win a ring you will go back into your cave and pretend you never said anything. I just see so many of these people. Where's all those people criticizing Lebron -- saying he'll never win a ring, always choking, etc? Yea, in that cave, where most of you will be if Dwight ever get his ring.

Didn't you say he needs "help", he has the help he has there yet aren't even in the playoff race. Did I just blame him for the Lakers struggling? No I didn't but you said "he needs help", and he has plenty of it there. The injury excuse ain't gonna cut it, the top 2 players on the team played in 53 of the 59 games so far. Dwight simply doesn't have any mental toughness.

The Western Conference has too many good teams that knows how to contain him, not like the Eastern Conference where he was only playing 2 above average teams in the East every year. So if he's ever able to even get out of the Western Conference I'd be shocked. :lol:

Or maybe, just maybe he's being exposed as a system player, Amare Stoudemire is having the same problems in New York now after being a "superstar" in Phoenix.

Also do you think that him wanting to be traded was the only reason everyone is clowning him on here? Hell ****ing no! He also said that he would only stay if Stan was fired, which management did, and he demanded a trade anyways, which I think is the real reason everyone is ganging up on him. Why hasn't he gotten D'Antoni fired yet, he's clearly a worse coach than Stan, is he really Dwight Coward like people were saying?

Do you even read your post? Most of your points based on his season so far, like that's how it'll be in the years to come. If he get back his Orlando's form, he'll still be a top 3 player in this league.

Again, failure of this Lakers team fall on everyone. I said that he needs the right players to win, not just a bunch of talents around him -- that's why I gave the '04(?) Lakers as an example.

Reading the rest of your post just reconfirmed my point, that you're extremely biased against him. I'm sorry I moved on and don't want to join this Dwight hatefest and looks at things objectively.
Fire Otis!
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#546 » by OrlandO » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:39 am

G-Heel wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

They got knocked out in the second round the previous year, and it was their first year with several new members in 03-04. Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Fox missed numerous games throughout the regular season. Horace Grant didn't even make it to the playoffs. Worst of all, Malone played with a sprained knee in the first four finals games before missing the fifth game. Fox was also limited and miss finals games. Making the finals was amazing for that club.
Chris1
Senior

Post#547 » by Chris1 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:47 am

G-Heel wrote:
Chris1 wrote:
G-Heel wrote:You acting like it's Dwight's fault they're not doing well. The blame should be shared among all the players. If you say Dwight sucks because he can't win with them, then that means Kobe, Nash, and Gasol suck too.

It's not the first time Lakers has assembled a team of superstars and failed to win. They had Kobe in his prime, with Shaq, Gary Payton and Karl Malone and they couldn't get the job done. Add to the fact Nash, Gasol, and Dwight being injured throughout the season I'm not surprised that they aren't doing well. When they failed to get Phil Jackson I knew they were going to struggle.

Reading this thread I just see a bunch of fans that fail to move on. It seems so hypocritical to me that you're criticize Dwight things that other teams' fans used to criticized him for, and many of us defended him against those accusations.

I bet if Dwight ever win a ring you will go back into your cave and pretend you never said anything. I just see so many of these people. Where's all those people criticizing Lebron -- saying he'll never win a ring, always choking, etc? Yea, in that cave, where most of you will be if Dwight ever get his ring.

Didn't you say he needs "help", he has the help he has there yet aren't even in the playoff race. Did I just blame him for the Lakers struggling? No I didn't but you said "he needs help", and he has plenty of it there. The injury excuse ain't gonna cut it, the top 2 players on the team played in 53 of the 59 games so far. Dwight simply doesn't have any mental toughness.

The Western Conference has too many good teams that knows how to contain him, not like the Eastern Conference where he was only playing 2 above average teams in the East every year. So if he's ever able to even get out of the Western Conference I'd be shocked. :lol:

Or maybe, just maybe he's being exposed as a system player, Amare Stoudemire is having the same problems in New York now after being a "superstar" in Phoenix.

Also do you think that him wanting to be traded was the only reason everyone is clowning him on here? Hell ****ing no! He also said that he would only stay if Stan was fired, which management did, and he demanded a trade anyways, which I think is the real reason everyone is ganging up on him. Why hasn't he gotten D'Antoni fired yet, he's clearly a worse coach than Stan, is he really Dwight Coward like people were saying?

Do you even read your post? Most of your points based on his season so far, like that's how it'll be in the years to come. If he get back his Orlando's form, he'll still be a top 3 player in this league.

Again, failure of this Lakers team fall on everyone. I said that he needs the right players to win, not just a bunch of talents around him -- that's why I gave the '04(?) Lakers as an example.

Reading the rest of your post just reconfirmed my point, that you're extremely biased against him. I'm sorry I moved on and don't want to join this Dwight hatefest and looks at things objectively.

A top 3 player in the league?!? :lol:

Numerous players have gotten better since 2009-2011, he wasn't even a top 3 player last year when he was still in Orlando, just because there was hype surrounding him about what team he would be on throughout the season doesn't mean he was top 3 player, all star players get that kind of hype when their contract is the verge of being up. Like I said what is your definition of "right players"? They beat the supposedly invincible Cleveland Cavaliers in the ECF.

He had the right players, he just didn't show up in the Finals, he was held in check against a good front court, which by the way was always his real kryptonite. Until he can overcome that he won't win a championship regardless of what team he's on. It was easy for him dominate against a weak frontcourt team, he's always been inconsistent against good ones. Even the the Charlotte Bobcats were able to contain him in the playoffs. How many superstars average just 9.8 in a series?!?
G-Heel
Head Coach

Post#548 » by G-Heel » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:52 am

OrlandO wrote:It was easy to defend Dwight when he was young, full of potential and not such a douche. Now he's 27 coming off back surgery, still has many of the same flaws he had years ago, he's been exposed as a fraud over the past year and a half in terms of his character, and parts of his game have regressed (49% or less free throws past two seasons, had better offensive moves a few years ago). Not that his game ever developed into what we thought it would be by this point in his career. It's really a shame he wasted the past two seasons of his career with the dwightmare because he is the type of player that will fall off once he hits his 30s. I don't even want to touch on how much of a dick he's become over the past couple of years, there's plenty of evidence on that, but dude is on twitter right now arguing with people and making comments about how deep his pockets are like he's Chris Duhon.

You see, I judge players on the things they do on the court, not how I perceived them to be. Fact is, you and I don't know what happened, fully. I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to judge Dwight as a person. I was disappointed that he didn't want to stay, but I didn't want to go around talking bad about him like high school girls who just got dumped.

I don't follow him on twitter, so I don't know if what you said is true but I'll take your word for it. That's very stupid and childish, but these athletes are like us, they get tired of criticism too.

As for his game, I'll reserve judgment and assume this is an outliner for him. Like I said in the earlier post, if he can get back to his form preinjury, then he's still a top 3 player in this league. If he can't, then it looks like another talent lost to injury. I don't buy that he's a system player when most of his contributions came on defense.
Fire Otis!
Chris1
Senior

Post#549 » by Chris1 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 7:55 am

G-Heel wrote:

You see, I judge players on the things they do on the court, not how I perceived them to be. Fact is, you and I don't know what happened, fully. I don't have enough knowledge of the situation to judge Dwight as a person. I was disappointed that he didn't want to stay, but I didn't want to go around talking bad about him like high school girls who just got dumped.

I don't follow him on twitter, so I don't know if what you said is true but I'll take your word for it. That's very stupid and childish, but these athletes are like us, they get tired of criticism too.

As for his game, I'll reserve judgment and assume this is an outliner for him. Like I said in the earlier post, if he can get back to his form preinjury, then he's still a top 3 player in this league. If he can't, then it looks like another talent lost to injury. I don't buy that he's a system player when most of his contributions came on defense.

We're not in 2009-11 anymore, welcome to 2013 where the new stars at the time have improved since then. Great defensive teams were never phased by his "defense", the Pistons, Celtics, Lakers, and eventually the Hawks weren't intimidated by him at all, they were more intimidated by the perimeter shooters, that's why were all over them like a gang of werewolves. Like I said, easy for Dwight to be a defensive monster against a team that's weak in the middle. The problem is he doesn't do it against teams strong in the middle often.

Have you been on the Lakers forum, even they're saying these things about him. Even they know that he's all athleticism with almost nothing else to show for it. Athleticism alone isn't gonna cut it as he ages.

If anything the people on here were defending Dwight too much and wouldn't admit the truth.
G-Heel
Head Coach

Post#550 » by G-Heel » Sun Mar 3, 2013 8:28 am

Chris1 wrote:
G-Heel wrote:
Chris1 wrote:[quote="G-Heel"]
You acting like it's Dwight's fault they're not doing well. The blame should be shared among all the players. If you say Dwight sucks because he can't win with them, then that means Kobe, Nash, and Gasol suck too.

A top 3 player in the league?!? :lol:

Numerous players have gotten better since 2009-2011, he wasn't even a top 3 player last year when he was still in Orlando. Like I said what is your definition of "right players"? They beat the supposedly invincible Cleveland Cavaliers in the ECF.

He had the right players, he just didn't show up in the Finals, he was held in check against a good front court, which by the way was always he real kryptonite. Until he can overcome that he won't win a championship regardless of what team he's on. It was easy for him dominate against a weak frontcourt team, he's always been inconsistent against good ones.[/quote]

Who are those players better than Dwight?

You still sitting there talking about that final team? Lol. They were not the right players. None even played D, except Courtney Lee and Alston but he got benched for an injured Jameer.

Everyone know that we got lucky that run. Celtics was without KG and Cavs was just stupid. We did not have that much talents on the team. We tried to play an injured Jameer. A rookie was our starting SG. Hedo was and is terribly inconsistent. Lewis was abused by Odom and Gasol. Stan was out coached by Phil Jackson.

We would've lost to Celtics if they had KG because he would've eaten Lewis alive, which he did the following post season.

That team overachieved and it still would've been a close series if Lee made that basket or Jameer knew how to play D, letting Fisher drill that 3 was painful. But all these just prove Dwight can get there, all these talks about him not able to win is stupid. I don't like Lakers, that's why I hope Dwight won't resign with them. Because with Dwight, they are sure hell of a lot closer to a championship than us.
Fire Otis!
Chris1
Senior

Post#551 » by Chris1 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 8:41 am

G-Heel wrote:Who are those players better than Dwight?

You still sitting there talking about that final team? Lol. They were not the right players. None even played D, except Courtney Lee and Alston but he got benched for an injured Jameer.

Everyone know that we got lucky that run. Celtics was without KG and Cavs was just stupid. We did not have that much talents on the team. We tried to play an injured Jameer. A rookie was our starting SG. Hedo was and is terribly inconsistent. Lewis was abused by Odom and Gasol. Stan was out coached by Phil Jackson.

We would've lost to Celtics if they had KG because he would've eaten Lewis alive, which he did the following post season.

That team overachieved and it still would've been a close series if Lee made that basket or Jameer knew how to play D, letting Fisher drill that 3 was painful. But all these just prove Dwight can get there, all these talks about him not able to win is stupid. I don't like Lakers, that's why I hope Dwight won't resign with them. Because with Dwight, they are sure hell of a lot closer to a championship than us.

What you're saying is Dwight's inability to consistently play well against a team that could contain him is why he never won a championship in Orlando right? Because that's exactly what the reason was, he had favorable matchups in the playoffs that year, then ended up getting exposed in the Finals. Do you deny this?

And no Dwight isn't closer to a championship with the Lakers, in the West there are 4-5 teams better than them now. The Lakers aren't winning anything anytime soon, too many good teams for them to get past, unlike in Orlando when Dwight only had a few teams that were his roadblock.

When Dwight was supposedly a "top 3 player" (which I never thought he was, maybe top 5) the NBA landscape was different. He may still be in the top 10 off of name recognition alone but "top 3"?!? I don't think so.

The Center position also has gotten better since Dwight was supposedly a "top 3-5 player". Joakim Noah now is better than he 2-3 years ago, Brook Lopez is better now, Al Horford has gotten better, Chandler, etc.

2-3 years ago Dwight didn't really have any competition in the Center position, he does now.
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#552 » by OrlandO » Sun Mar 3, 2013 8:44 am

G-Heel wrote:

Even injured he's still a very good player, but what I was getting at is he's not the same player or person we defended and his future isn't limitless like it appeared to be years ago. Also, I don't know about others, but I didn't realize he was so mentally and emotionally weak until the past couple seasons. I mean, there were early signs, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just young and would fix them or just mature, but he's not young anymore for a basketball player. He's in his prime right now. He is who he is. And these flaws that have been surfacing matter. It limits a player, some of it is terrible for team chemistry, and some of it creates unnecessary drama in the media. Young Dwight deserved to be defended, this Dwight does not.
Chris1
Senior

Post#553 » by Chris1 » Sun Mar 3, 2013 9:18 am

And G-Heel when you say Orlando overachieved in '09 are you saying they didn't deserve to be in the Finals? You should've been happy they got there, they weren't the favorites against Cleveland despite the fact they matched up well with them. In retrospect you think Orlando beating Cleveland was a forgone conclusion but at the time it was shocking, especially considering the fact that Cleveland were up by a wide margin the 1st 2 games and Orlando had to play catch up.

Yes the team constructed probably wasn't good enough to win a championship but it's hard to win a championship in the 1st place. Shaq couldn't win one until he had Phil Jackson as the coach, winning a championship with just stars isn't that simple, it takes way more than that to get the job done.
Javanar
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#554 » by Javanar » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:10 pm

So how does Dwight look like right now? Is he extending his contract or looking for free agency?
I am not a native English speaker...
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#555 » by OrlandO » Sun Mar 3, 2013 4:57 pm

Javanar wrote:So how does Dwight look like right now? Is he extending his contract or looking for free agency?

It's always been free agency... he'd lose money and an extra year guaranteed if he extended... wouldn't make sense for any star. If LA misses the playoffs, my guess is he will try to get d'antoni fired before re-signing.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 837

Post#556 » by I Rasharted » Sun Mar 3, 2013 5:15 pm

Chris1 wrote:Numerous players have gotten better since 2009-2011, he wasn't even a top 3 player last year when he was still in Orlando, just because there was hype surrounding him about what team he would be on throughout the season doesn't mean he was top 3 player, all star players get that kind of hype when their contract is the verge of being up. Like I said what is your definition of "right players"? They beat the supposedly invincible Cleveland Cavaliers in the ECF.

He had the right players, he just didn't show up in the Finals, he was held in check against a good front court, which by the way was always his real kryptonite. Until he can overcome that he won't win a championship regardless of what team he's on. It was easy for him dominate against a weak frontcourt team, he's always been inconsistent against good ones. Even the the Charlotte Bobcats were able to contain him in the playoffs. How many superstars average just 9.8 in a series?!?

This is the core of Howard's career summed up in two sentences.
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
IGotDaMagicInMe
Sixth Man
And1: 203

Post#557 » by IGotDaMagicInMe » Sun Mar 3, 2013 6:37 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:sign dwight to the max and then he has nagging injuries throughout his career..in case you didn't notice, we always wanted dwight ot have help in orlando and didn't get him that..he goes to LA where he has help and gets worse...that makes a lot of sense.

I got the perfect game plan for Henny.

1) Sign Dwight this summer to Max contract.

2) Let Dwight sit for the year or most of the year to recouperate.

3) Magic continue to trade vets for expiring and tank for Wiggins or another top 5 player

4) Offseason of 2014, Magic have two top 5 young guys, sign another Superstar or two with all that extra money they have.

5) Magic competing for a Ship 2014/15 season with at least 2 superstars and two top 5 picks to go with 3rd year players in Harris/Hark/Nicholson/O'Quinn and Vucevic.

Everyone Wins. Dwight becomes beloved of fans worldwide again. Dwights jersey hangs in rafters at AmWay. Statues of Dwight are installed on Church St.

No no no, THIS IS THE YEAR WE UNITE CHRIS PAUL/MONTA ELLIS AND DWIGHT!!! :wink:
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#558 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Mar 5, 2013 4:20 pm

Dwight will never be back after this.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/03/ ... m0.twitter

Dwight calls his magic teammates "players no one else wanted."
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#559 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Mar 5, 2013 4:20 pm

Dwight will never be back after this.

OrlandO
RealGM

Post#560 » by OrlandO » Tue Mar 5, 2013 4:22 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:Dwight will never be back after this.

A team that beat his stacked lakers team... :lol: I bet Jameer came back early just to prepare for the upcoming Lakers game. Hope the Magic players hear this and use it as motivation to upset LA again.

Return to Orlando Magic