ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#461 » by Def Swami » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm

InFlames wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:
The Lakers might want to start taking some of these “rumors” seriously. You may not agree with Stephen A. Smith on 1st Take, but he isn’t prone to just making up stuff he doesn’t believe in true.

No Guts, No Glory tracked down this audio from Stephen A. saying that Dwight Howard told Rudy Gay he is going to be in Brooklyn next year.

Here is the exact quote from Stephen A.

Dwight told Rudy Gay on the court in a recent Lakers-Raptors game that “he should’ve waited to get traded [to the Raptors] because he could’ve joined him in Brooklyn next season”.

You can listen to the full audio below. You have to take everything that Dwight Howard says with a grain of salt, because of his clown like behavior, but one thing has been consistent the whole time and that is he wanted to be in Brooklyn. Maybe that is the one thing he was telling the truth about.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... next-year/

Am I missing something? How is he going to get to Brooklyn? I don't see LA trading him.

I wouldn't put anything past Fegan. Fegan is based in LA, so I'm sure he'll push to keep D12 there. However, if D12 is really set on leaving, I could see Fegan working a S&T in the off-season between Brooklyn and LA to send Lopez to LA. If D12 says he's out, got to think LA would settle for a S&T.

IMO, I think LA should explore trading Dwight and Nash now and try to enter a rebuild. Get a younger, more athletic point guard and trade Dwight for an all-star front court player.

Maybe send Dwight to ATL for Horford and picks or set up a 3 way to get Love and picks? And Nash to Toronto for Lowry (Toronto pursued Nash hard last off-season)?
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#462 » by arsenal6106 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
Dwight says it's not fair to the fans or the team to talk about the future. Jameer, Redick, and the '12 Magic think that's HILARIOUS.

Amen.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
HeartAndHustle
Senior
And1: 58

Post#463 » by HeartAndHustle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Am I missing something? How is he going to get to Brooklyn? I don't see LA trading him.
I wouldn't put anything past Fegan. Fegan is based in LA, so I'm sure he'll push to keep D12 there. However, if D12 is really set on leaving, I could see Fegan working a S&T in the off-season between Brooklyn and LA to send Lopez to LA. If D12 says he's out, got to think LA would settle for a S&T.

IMO, I think LA should explore trading Dwight and Nash now and try to enter a rebuild. Get a younger, more athletic point guard and trade Dwight for an all-star front court player.

Maybe send Dwight to ATL for Horford and picks or set up a 3 way to get Love and picks? And Nash to Toronto for Lowry (Toronto pursued Nash hard last off-season)?

I thought teams over the cap can't accept a sign and trade anymore.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Post#464 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:21 pm

arsenal6106 wrote:
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball
Dwight says it's not fair to the fans or the team to talk about the future. Jameer, Redick, and the '12 Magic think that's HILARIOUS.

Amen.

:nod:
Tarot Magician
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#465 » by Tarot Magician » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Fegan is no longer with Lagardere Unlimited, the company with ties to the Barclays Center. Thus, Fegan has drastically less incentive to get Dwight to Brooklyn. If Lakers keep Dwight for another week, they'll offer him the best contract and he will accept it and be miserable. A-OK by me.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#466 » by Def Swami » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:21 pm

HeartAndHustle wrote:

I thought teams over the cap can't accept a sign and trade anymore.

You're right. Completely forgot about that. Yeah, then not sure how he gets to BRK. Unless he takes a hefty pay cut.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#467 » by Def Swami » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:50 am

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Sources: With Dwight Howard still seeking happiness, the Lakers and Celtics have discussed a trade for Rajon Rondo. http://cbsprt.co/HowardRondo
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#468 » by OrlDave » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Sources: With Dwight Howard still seeking happiness, the Lakers and Celtics have discussed a trade for Rajon Rondo. http://cbsprt.co/HowardRondo

My how the mighty have fallen. From arguably the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league to being traded for a injured Rondo who will be coming of ACL surgery. I know it's just a rumor, but man...
OOO
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#469 » by OOO » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:34 am

Howard and that hasn't changed." Kupchak said at no pt this season has a D12-for-Rondo trade been discussed.

Kupchak added that he hasn't talked with anyone else in Celtics organization.

I just spoke w/Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak about supposed D12-for-Rondo trade talks w/Celtics. He denied it strongly....

Look like someone got bored and decided to make up a false rumor.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#470 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:45 am

OOO wrote:
Howard and that hasn't changed." Kupchak said at no pt this season has a D12-for-Rondo trade been discussed.

Kupchak added that he hasn't talked with anyone else in Celtics organization.

I just spoke w/Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak about supposed D12-for-Rondo trade talks w/Celtics. He denied it strongly....

Look like someone got bored and decided to make up a false rumor.

Just by reading that article by Berger, you can tell he was making that **** up and was just talking out of his ass... :lol:
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#471 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 pm

JordansBulls wrote:http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/14/3990622/stephen-a-smith-howard-still-thinks-hes-going-to-be-in-brooklyn

SAS: "I had a reliable source tell me this...Dwight Howard will categorically deny it, but i trust my source...when they were playing Toronto recently, he sat there on the court and told Rudy Gay, 'You messed up bad man. You should have waited and ended up with me in Brooklyn next year. That's what he told him.

"Now, here's the problem. He doesn't determine that. He can't force his way to Brooklyn, can't pull that off. You gotta remember, the way the rules are stipulated now, you understand, the reality of the situation is that with the Nets, he had his chance. Now, if they want to let go of Brook Lopez, and they're able to unload Kris Humphries, you know,
things of that nature, something could happen. But the Nets have to be willing to capitulate and the Lakers have to be convinced he's definitely going to leave. They've got less than a week. You know trading deadline is rapidly approaching. It's February 21. It's a problem!

"But I'm just telling you...

RR: "He's still saying that? He's still thinks he's going to Brooklyn?"

SAS: "He still believes it."

RR: "Is he delusional or does he...is someone telling him that..."

SAS: "Yes, he does. It's not that it's impossible. It's that he doesn't have the right to dictate anything. Now, he's got an exceptional agent in Dan Fegan, that can make some maneuvers but if Dan Fegan had his way, he would have been in Brooklyn last year. You got to remember when he opted in, to stay in Orlando, he did that behind Dan Fegan's back."

RR: "Dan was not happy about that, I would imagine."

SAS: "Now, Otis Smith, the former general manager for the Orlando Magic ... Understand that Otis Smith didn't like back-door Dwight Howard or anything. When Dwight Howard came to him after they lost to San Antonio that Tuesday night, Otis Smith said go ahead and think about it. Don't make a rash decision. He didn't back door him. He wasn't sleazy or anything like that. Dwight Howard came, spoke to people and obviously, pressure from the family because the dad ... the Orlando Magic organization did a phenomenal job of ingratiating itself with the Dwight Howard family. The father did not want him to leave, did not want him to leave. I'm telling you, I know what I'm saying. I met the father, I talked to the father. Father don't rate particularly fond of me. You understand because I looked him in the face told him where I stood on the matter ... He wanted his son to remain in Orlando.

"So my point is that when Dwight Howard opted in, he did it behind Fegan's back. Fegan had nothing to do with that."

RR: "Oh yeah, yeah, I know."

SAS: "So, if you could do it behind your agent's back once, you're very unpredictable...."
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#472 » by Reverse_Angle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:41 pm

We all have to keep remembering that fegan, a. Smith and voj have interests in Dwight going to Brooklyn, in other words they stand to make a lot of money should Dwight end up in NY.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#473 » by Def Swami » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:50 am

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops
Kobe on Dwight trade possibility: "I don't know what they're going to do. At this point, it doesn't matter." More: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02/18 ... th-lakers/

lol
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#474 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:07 am

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Kobe on Dwight trade possibility: "I don't know what they're going to do. At this point, it doesn't matter." More: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02/18 ... th-lakers/

lol

:lol:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#475 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:16 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
Kobe on Dwight trade possibility: "I don't know what they're going to do. At this point, it doesn't matter." More: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/02/18 ... th-lakers/ …

lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aka: prorl
pakishazi
Junior
And1: 24

Post#476 » by pakishazi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:00 pm

So according to WT now he says his decision will be based on where he can win. WTH were you doing when you were in Orlando???

I don't know about the rest of you but as much as it hurts for us to rebuild again we definitely are better off. He wouldn't have taken us to the promise land and he obviously has some serious mental issues.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#477 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:19 pm

pakishazi wrote:So according to WT now he says his decision will be based on where he can win the most money. WTH were you doing when you were in Orlando???

I don't know about the rest of you but as much as it hurts for us to rebuild again we definitely are better off. He wouldn't have taken us to the promise land and he obviously has some serious mental issues.

FIXED!!! 8-)

Anyways, Dwight took us to the promise land once and could have again. As of now, the Magic have zero future or promise land for about the next decade. Even though I hate Dwight, he could still lead a franchise.

Also, I don't know how Dwight could think that the Nets could even afford Gay/Williams/Dwight and whatever players they still have. There is no chance that team would contend for a Championship being they would all have to play 40mpg while Deron and Dwight are injury proned.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Chris1
Senior
And1: 41

Post#478 » by Chris1 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:FIXED!!! 8-)

Anyways, Dwight took us to the promise land once and could have again. As of now, the Magic have zero future or promise land for about the next decade. Even though I hate Dwight, he could still lead a franchise.

Also, I don't know how Dwight could think that the Nets could even afford Gay/Williams/Dwight and whatever players they still have. There is no chance that team would contend for a Championship being they would all have to play 40mpg while Deron and Dwight are injury proned.

I have a hard time believing Dwight could get back to the Finals again, I feel he was a product of the SVG system where he needed spot up shooters to be effective. When the Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, and Hawks all played him 1 on 1, he lost. If you noticed in most of the games he's p,layed this season so far with the Lakers he has been played 1 on 1, which is why he's more inconsistent than ever now.

The difference between Shaq and Dwight is that Shaq could have less than 10 points in the 1st half and still end up with 30 at the end of the game. With Dwight if he's ineffective in the 1st half, he's usually ineffective in the 2nd half as well, he can't take a game over on his own.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#479 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Chris1 wrote:
I have a hard time believing Dwight could get back to the Finals again, I feel he was a product of the SVG system where he needed spot up shooters to be effective. When the Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, and Hawks all played him 1 on 1, he lost. If you noticed in most of the games he's p,layed this season so far with the Lakers he has been played 1 on 1, which is why he's more inconsistent than ever now.

The difference between Shaq and Dwight is that Shaq could have less than 10 points in the 1st half and still end up with 30 at the end of the game. With Dwight if he's ineffective in the 1st half, he's usually ineffective in the 2nd half as well, he can't take a game over on his own.

But, Dwight, like Ben Wallace, can effect the game with their defense. Once committed and healthy, Dwight can be the best defensive Center in the league.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#480 » by rcklsscognition » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 pm

:lol: Big attitude difference on display.

Return to Orlando Magic