ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,248

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#441 » by bigpimpatl » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:07 am

OrlDave wrote:
Harkless. Really had we not taken back Harrington (which I still to this day can't fathom) we would have 3 pretty good players and (meh) picks for Dwight. Two are bone-fide starters today, with Harkless having potential to be one down the road. It's really not a bad trade in retrospect.

In other, related news... I googled the picks we got in the trade and this quote was in the Sentinel at the time.

"That said, the only way the Magic don’t get a protected pick from the Lakers for the 2017 draft is if the Lakers are terrible in 2012-13 and fail to make the playoffs. That’s not going to happen."

It then goes on to say... "But if the Lakers don’t make the playoffs until 2013-14, the Magic would get a Lakers’ protected first-round pick in 2018. If by some miracle the Lakers don’t make the playoffs in any of the next three seasons, the Magic would not get a first-round pick from the Lakers and instead would get the Lakers’ second-round pick in 2017 and the Lakers’ second-round pick in 2018 because of the CBA rule that prevents a team from trading a first-round pick seven years out."

If Dwight leaves it is entirely possible that the Lakers spend the next 3 years in the lottery and we're out a 1st round pick.

as blasphemous as it sounds, we should be rooting for the lakers to make the playoffs. I mean, they'll get bounced in the 1st round anyway so who cares right? :D
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#442 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am

You guys see EC3 is pissed off at Dwight too? This is too funny. Now Rick Fox absolutely roasts Dwight. Stuff doesn't get this bad publicly until it's terrible internally.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8938049

The one thing that gripes me is the LA guys are all acting like Dwight was a biatch the entire 8 years he was here and got away with it because we're a bad franchise. He wasn't ever this bad, no where close, and until the summer of the lockout, I don't think anyone ever questioned his effort.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#443 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#444 » by Hilltop » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 am

I think he was expecting a lob over the backboard or for the ball to magically appear in his hands because it's Steve Nash. That was a great pass given the situation. Dwight is a chump. SMH at trying to tell Nash how to pass the ball.
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#445 » by OrlDave » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:47 am

bigpimpatl wrote:as blasphemous as it sounds, we should be rooting for the lakers to make the playoffs. I mean, they'll get bounced in the 1st round anyway so who cares right? :D

Blasphemy! But yeah, 8th seed is best possible scenario for us.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#446 » by fendilim » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 am

YOSO!
OrlDave
General Manager
And1: 3,017

Post#447 » by OrlDave » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 am

rcklsscognition wrote:You guys see EC3 is pissed off at Dwight too? This is too funny. Now Rick Fox absolutely roasts Dwight. Stuff doesn't get this bad publicly until it's terrible internally.

The one thing that gripes me is the LA guys are all acting like Dwight was a biatch the entire 8 years he was here and got away with it because we're a bad franchise. He wasn't ever this bad, no where close, and until the summer of the lockout, I don't think anyone ever questioned his effort.

That illustrates why so many people absolutely despise the Lakers. "We're getting Kevin Love one way or another, whether it's for Dwight or for Gasol."

So infuriating.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Post#448 » by thelead » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 am

OrlDave wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:You guys see EC3 is pissed off at Dwight too? This is too funny. Now Rick Fox absolutely roasts Dwight. Stuff doesn't get this bad publicly until it's terrible internally.

That illustrates why so many people absolutely despise the Lakers. "We're getting Kevin Love one way or another, whether it's for Dwight or for Gasol."

So infuriating.

Eh, Love was born and raised in LA and played college basketball at UCLA. He bleeds purple and gold. He WILL get there one way or another.

That said, they're not getting Love for a Dwight rental or an old broken down Gasol.
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#449 » by arsenal6106 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 am

rcklsscognition wrote:https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN/status/301455047580057600/photo/1

Dwight's fake Gmail account.

This is great.

I love the "how to deal with a bully" tab.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#450 » by OrlandO » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN/status/301455047580057600/photo/1

Dwight's fake Gmail account.

This is great.

I love the "how to deal with a bully" tab.

The big baby line about buffets and arcades did it for me :lol:
The Nelson email should have been a dig at Dwight.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#451 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:
OrlDave wrote:
Harkless. Really had we not taken back Harrington (which I still to this day can't fathom) we would have 3 pretty good players and (meh) picks for Dwight. Two are bone-fide starters today, with Harkless having potential to be one down the road. It's really not a bad trade in retrospect.

In other, related news... I googled the picks we got in the trade and this quote was in the Sentinel at the time.

"That said, the only way the Magic don’t get a protected pick from the Lakers for the 2017 draft is if the Lakers are terrible in 2012-13 and fail to make the playoffs. That’s not going to happen."

It then goes on to say... "But if the Lakers don’t make the playoffs until 2013-14, the Magic would get a Lakers’ protected first-round pick in 2018. If by some miracle the Lakers don’t make the playoffs in any of the next three seasons, the Magic would not get a first-round pick from the Lakers and instead would get the Lakers’ second-round pick in 2017 and the Lakers’ second-round pick in 2018 because of the CBA rule that prevents a team from trading a first-round pick seven years out."

If Dwight leaves it is entirely possible that the Lakers spend the next 3 years in the lottery and we're out a 1st round pick.

as blasphemous as it sounds, we should be rooting for the lakers to make the playoffs. I mean, they'll get bounced in the 1st round anyway so who cares right? :D

As awesome as it would be for them to miss the playoffs, it would be more glorious to see them get slammed in the first round by SA or OKC.
aka: prorl
crazytown
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#452 » by crazytown » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm

thelead wrote:
Eh, Love was born and raised in LA and played college basketball at UCLA. He bleeds purple and gold. He WILL get there one way or another.

That said, they're not getting Love for a Dwight rental or an old broken down Gasol.

He was raised in Oregon :wink:
gp123
Bench Warmer
And1: 75

Post#453 » by gp123 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 pm

LOL this was over on the Lakers board, but absolutely perfect -- hope it wasn't already posted somewhere here--
"Dwight's e-mail hacked" :
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af3/fauxjohnmadden/howard-gmail_zps0467639d.png

oops, looks like it already was, oh well enjoy for anyone else who missed it
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,588

Post#454 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm

gp123 wrote:LOL this was over on the Lakers board, but absolutely perfect -- hope it wasn't already posted somewhere here--
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af3/ ... 67639d.png

Yer link is messed up, please repost.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#455 » by cedric76 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 am

Watching LAL lose and hoping they don't make playoff is my guilty pleasure
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#456 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:53 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
gp123 wrote:LOL this was over on the Lakers board, but absolutely perfect -- hope it wasn't already posted somewhere here--
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 67639d.png

Yer link is messed up, please repost.

Right-click, view image to see the whole thing

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#457 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:13 pm

^^^Good stuff there. Thanks!!!^^^

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#458 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm

More Lakers Board stuff:

dinojasonkidd wrote:I can't agree more Howard does not play hard .Offensively he has no talent ,terrible hands and an awful
free throw shooter . After watching him closely as a Laker ,he has to be the most overrated player in
the NBA .
I dont think he fits here in LA and I wouldn"t trust him signing back here longterm . I would
trade him now and try to get some young athletic players that fits D"antoni system. He is not the best
centre in the league and he has a terrible attitude on the court .

milesfides wrote:This guy is destined to be a loser, because he has no heart.

Tonight, this was a must-win for our team. Tied with Portland, Houston losing yesterday, Harden with a bum ankle, we needed to at least FIGHT.

Dwight has zero fight in him. He doesn't care. He's not invested in this team at all.

Say what you want about everybody on this team. Too old, not good enough, limited, low basketball IQ - but they are trying. Jamison and Meeks can frustrate you, but they are trying.

But not Dwight. That guy's body language sucks. His lack of activity sucks. Playing another franchise with the extension game sucks.

Because he thinks he deserves better than contributing to a championship run, to inheriting the starring role in most storied franchise in all sports.

Every champion has had to sacrifice. At the least, sacrifice everything to be great, even as an individual, to chase one's own glory.

Dwight isn't even playing for himself, and that's what makes him a loser. Getting outplayed, outhustled, and not caring.

That is a disgrace to the purple and gold, and in light of the sad news of Jerry Buss's imminent demise...

These are dark times.

leeprettyp wrote:Its funny how this guy just wont stop with the media games. He really is acting like a team cancer. I'm for getting him out of here now. The only question i have with Stephen A interview is... The part where he said Dwight and Rudy Gay were talking in Toronto during a game. Rudy was on that team yet. While I believe Stephen A has some legit sources in the Howard camp (Dan Fegan) it just seems to me this guy doesnt have a clue on what it is to be a leader. Trade his ass to the Bobcats for expiring contracts and picks lol. Dont appease him and give him what he wants by sending him to Brooklyn.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/14/3990622/stephen-a-smith-howard-still-thinks-hes-going-to-be-in-brooklyn

Think about it. In the past year, Dwight may have gotten (3) coaches fired and given (2) owners heart attacks!

This stuff on the Lakers board is eerily familiar . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#459 » by Def Swami » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 pm

The Lakers might want to start taking some of these “rumors” seriously. You may not agree with Stephen A. Smith on 1st Take, but he isn’t prone to just making up stuff he doesn’t believe in true.

No Guts, No Glory tracked down this audio from Stephen A. saying that Dwight Howard told Rudy Gay he is going to be in Brooklyn next year.

Here is the exact quote from Stephen A.

Dwight told Rudy Gay on the court in a recent Lakers-Raptors game that “he should’ve waited to get traded [to the Raptors] because he could’ve joined him in Brooklyn next season”.

You can listen to the full audio below. You have to take everything that Dwight Howard says with a grain of salt, because of his clown like behavior, but one thing has been consistent the whole time and that is he wanted to be in Brooklyn. Maybe that is the one thing he was telling the truth about.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... next-year/
InFlames
RealGM
And1: 3,176

Post#460 » by InFlames » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:26 pm

VGOSWAMI wrote:
The Lakers might want to start taking some of these “rumors” seriously. You may not agree with Stephen A. Smith on 1st Take, but he isn’t prone to just making up stuff he doesn’t believe in true.

No Guts, No Glory tracked down this audio from Stephen A. saying that Dwight Howard told Rudy Gay he is going to be in Brooklyn next year.

Here is the exact quote from Stephen A.

Dwight told Rudy Gay on the court in a recent Lakers-Raptors game that “he should’ve waited to get traded [to the Raptors] because he could’ve joined him in Brooklyn next season”.

You can listen to the full audio below. You have to take everything that Dwight Howard says with a grain of salt, because of his clown like behavior, but one thing has been consistent the whole time and that is he wanted to be in Brooklyn. Maybe that is the one thing he was telling the truth about.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... next-year/

Am I missing something? How is he going to get to Brooklyn? I don't see LA trading him.

Return to Orlando Magic