ImageImageImageImage

Dwightmare lives on in LA!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Re: Dwightmare lives on in LA! 

Post#501 » by MagicFan32 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:55 pm

LA media is killing him, go listen to espnla podcasts, they're starting to compare him to Arod. having fun now dwight?
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#502 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:23 am

Themis (Greece) Given that Kobe and Howard do not like eachother, Why do not the Lakers trade Kobe and keep the younger Howard and build for the future. The could still get a lot for Kobe even though he is 34. Chad Ford (1:41 PM) One, Kobe has a no trade clause, so they can't just ship him anywhere. Two, Kobe is very popular in LA. Dwight is not. It would be a very hard sell to fans. However, with that said, I've heard rumblings that if Howard told Laker officials this summer that the only way he'd stay in LA is if Kobe leaves, the Lakers could end up choosing Howard over Kobe. It's an unlikely scenario, but one worth watching. ESPN.com

Unbelievable . . .

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN radio: Then this past weekend, at All-Star weekend – I haven’t’ seen anyone report it, so I guess I’ll be the first. Coach Gregg Popovich dropped a few f-bombs in Dwight Howard’s direction, during All-Star break. Now why is that guys? Because during the timeout, Gregg Popvich drew up a play for Dwight Howard, in the game… except when it was time to run the play, Dwight Howard wasn’t in the game, wasn’t paying attention, was on the bench in his warm ups chillin out socializing with folks, and Gregg Popvich almost went ballistic, and basically was cussing at him according to numerous people I spoke to since this weekend. So, all of that speaks to the focus, or lack there of, that the Kobe Bryant’s and others have alluded to with their comments over the last few months. You can’t have something like that. It’s an All-Star game and you have Gregg Popovich upset at you. beyondthebuzzer.com

Kobe Bryant on the idea that Dwight Howard doesn’t like this offense much: “Well, I don’t like passing as much as I’m passing either but I have to do it in order to win. We just do what we do to help each other win ball games, even if you prefer to do something else. At this point it really doesn’t matter, it’s just about helping us be successful and he’s great, he could be absolutely great and obviously Steve, we know how fantastic Steve is at doing it and it really plays to our strengths.” Sports Radio Interviews

And then again, you have people feeding into Dwights egocentric fantasy mind frame . . .

Arash Markazi: Kupchak on Howard: "He deserves to have his name on the wall and a statue in front of Staples at some point in time." Twitter @ArashMarkazi

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
pakishazi
Junior
And1: 24

Post#503 » by pakishazi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 am

Talk about deja vu. Even his quotes are the same this year as they were last year.

Nothing else matters but right now...blah blah blah...no one can control what happens after the season....blah blah blah...I want to win a championship with this team....blah blah blah...I'm here right now.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#504 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am

What happened to this guy? He used to be a well liked, well respected player, now he's probably the most hated player in the NBA. And he's not helping himself with all these little things he's doing.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#505 » by Hilltop » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 am

The fame got to him I suppose. That plus the fact that everyone is out to get him now.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#506 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Hilltop wrote:The fame got to him I suppose. That plus the fact that everyone is out to get him now.

It's sad, he could've been a really popular well respected player that everyone would want on their team like a Durant or Rose. He is fun TV right now with what's going on now though. I'm pretty sure the NBA is enjoying it.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#507 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:40 pm

I have met a few people who used to be famous when real young. They get what I call the "God" complex because everyone praises them and does everything for them for years. Then, they expect people to worship them. Dwight Howard is quickly becoming like Lindsey Lohan. I hope he fails really hard and keeps making these idiot moves. I am enjoying the hell out of this.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,213

Post#508 » by bigpimpatl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Some of you guys need to let it go already and move on.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#509 » by craig01 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 am

This is just so entertaining......and I think most folks have moved on.

What is surprising is how Howard just continues on a path of constant mis-steps.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#510 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Because of Dwights Needy Ass, Magic now are the worst team in the entire NBA.

Yeh, you try getting over that!!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#511 » by T-Cat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:Because of Dwights Needy Ass, Magic now are the worst team in the entire NBA.

Yeh, you try getting over that!!!!

+1

Your probably the only few on this board (including myself) who values D12 ability when healthy! A lot of folks wantto tanknext season just to get A. Wiggins, there is no guarantee we will get him anyways.

Maybe I'm bias but I rather have D12 to come back to us in the off season with a better mentality then before and help lead us to our first NBA title! D12 will be more respected in O-town & around the league if he would start winning.

Plus next season we will have way better assests to win big then in previous years.
TheFix
Banned User
And1: 98

Post#512 » by TheFix » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

It bears repeating: Magic fans need to lobby the FO to make a run at Dwight during free agency.

The worst team in the league can't afford to hold grudges.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#513 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:16 pm

sign dwight to the max and then he has nagging injuries throughout his career..in case you didn't notice, we always wanted dwight ot have help in orlando and didn't get him that..he goes to LA where he has help and gets worse...that makes a lot of sense.
Work Hard
Chris1
Senior
And1: 41

Post#514 » by Chris1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:07 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:sign dwight to the max and then he has nagging injuries throughout his career..in case you didn't notice, we always wanted dwight ot have help in orlando and didn't get him that..he goes to LA where he has help and gets worse...that makes a lot of sense.

Anyone saying Dwight "didn't have help" is going off revisionist history and looking at the fact that the team didn't win a championship during that timeframe.

If you watched the Celtics 7 game series and the Cavaliers ECF series in 2009 Dwight had plenty of help.

How about fact that Dwight wasn't even the 2nd leading scorer on the team in the 2009 Finals? If he was really "the man" of the team he wouldn't have disappeared in the Finals like he did. :lol:

Or Dwight averaging just 9.8 PPG, yes, 9.8, against Charlotte in the 1st round the following year yet his teammates still won the series in a sweep? Mickael Pietrus in contrast averaged 9.0 in that series. :lol:

The only time Dwight had a series where you can say he had to "carry the team on his back" was against Atlanta in the 1st round, but that's because Atlanta pretty much stayed home on the outside shooters, that's what happens when Dwight isn't double teamed.

What is considered the definition of "help" on here? You call that mess with the LA Lakers "help"? Pairing him with a bunch of stars that have a major clash of styles is not "help".
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#515 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 pm

TheFix wrote:It bears repeating: Magic fans need to lobby the FO to make a run at Dwight during free agency.

Dwight does not want to come back and I don't want him back. Why give a max contract to a guy that is not a max player anymore due to injuries/attitudes.
aka: prorl
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#516 » by CourtsideTV » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Chris1 wrote:
CourtsideTV wrote:sign dwight to the max and then he has nagging injuries throughout his career..in case you didn't notice, we always wanted dwight ot have help in orlando and didn't get him that..he goes to LA where he has help and gets worse...that makes a lot of sense.

Anyone saying Dwight "didn't have help" is going off revisionist history and looking at the fact that the team didn't win a championship during that timeframe.

If you watched the Celtics 7 game series and the Cavaliers ECF series in 2009 Dwight had plenty of help.

How about fact that Dwight wasn't even the 2nd leading scorer on the team in the 2009 Finals? If he was really "the man" of the team he wouldn't have disappeared in the Finals like he did. :lol:

Or Dwight averaging just 9.8 PPG, yes, 9.8, against Charlotte in the 1st round the following year yet his teammates still won the series in a sweep? Mickael Pietrus in contrast averaged 9.0 in that series. :lol:

The only time Dwight had a series where you can say he had to "carry the team on his back" was against Atlanta in the 1st round, but that's because Atlanta pretty much stayed home on the outside shooters, that's what happens when Dwight isn't double teamed.

What is considered the definition of "help" on here? You call that mess with the LA Lakers "help"? Pairing him with a bunch of stars that have a major clash of styles is not "help".

i'm talking post-finals run he has no help.

VC,HEDO,DUHON,NELSON,Big Baby,JJ,

look at chris paul..he has such a deep team and black griffin

look at durant he has westbrook and a deep team.

look at deron. he has a bunch of solid players.

magic surrounded dwight with ryan anderson, big baby, jj, nelson.

J freakin RICH
Work Hard
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,943

Post#517 » by p0peye » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 pm

There is zero chance of Dwight getting back to Magic. It would be even bigger fiasco on his part and has nothing to do with hurt feelings some of us may have. Dwight simply can't afford it from PR standpoint, even though now he probably realized that he had good time here.

If it makes you happy, you guys may dream about it, but that ship has sailed long ago.
kangkang
Banned User
And1: 0

improve the network data security enterprise 

Post#518 » by kangkang » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Post#519 » by MagicFan32 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:50 pm

TheFix wrote:It bears repeating: Magic fans need to lobby the FO to make a run at Dwight during free agency.

No No No they don't
This is so ridiculous, the magic should beg a player who disrespected us all, and treated us like garbage, to come back? WHY? This is **** stupid, we need to stick to the PLAN, instead of hotshotting a new one. move on magic fans, dwight will NEVER wear a magic jersey again
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#520 » by craig01 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:44 pm

MagicFan32 wrote:

No No No they don't
This is so ridiculous, the magic should beg a player who disrespected us all, and treated us like garbage, to come back? WHY? This is **** stupid, we need to stick to the PLAN, instead of hotshotting a new one. move on magic fans, dwight will NEVER wear a magic jersey again

Not only must the Magic stick to their plan, but even the thought of bringing Howard back is impossible in itself.....not only from how he departed, but what happened to this team after he left.

Howard's Magic team was built around him.....and that team is gone. So he would be in a rebuild process here too.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability

Return to Orlando Magic