yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST

Moderators: Hilltop, damo[23], Devin 1L, MagicMadness, Howard Mass, eyriq

Post#256 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:50 am by Viper1500

thelead wrote:The only player that played too much was McRoberts and he didn't even have that bad of a game. Let's be honest guys, was JV going to pull JJ (29pts) or Afflalo (24pts) or Jameer (21pts) or Vuc (17pts) for their backups late in the game? Who was he going to sub them for?

Ish?
DQJ?
Moe?
We don't even have a backup center right now.

I usually call them out for blatantly tanking but tonight wasn't one of those nights. You could tell they all wanted this one.

Exactly.

It sucks they had to play such a large quantity of minutes, but there really wasn't a choice.
Viper1500

Assistant Coach
And1: 448

Post#257 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:51 am by Viper1500

Optimus_Steel wrote:We play so hard but we cant close out games. This is excruciating.

This team can be the definition of false hope
Viper1500

Assistant Coach
And1: 448

Post#258 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:52 am by Def Swami

DJRajX wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:Disregard W's, acquire ping pong balls.

+1
The only fact that's keeping me sane this season lol

Every game is a win-win for me this way.
Def Swami

RealGM
And1: 2,086

Post#259 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:54 am by NickAnderson

thelead wrote:The only player that played too much was McRoberts and he didn't even have that bad of a game. Let's be honest guys, was JV going to pull JJ (29pts) or Afflalo (24pts) or Jameer (21pts) or Vuc (17pts) for their backups late in the game? Who was he going to sub them for?

Ish?
DQJ?
Moe?

I usually call them out for blatantly tanking but tonight wasn't one of those nights. You could tell they all wanted this one.

You are spot on.

Sometimes you guys crack me up with this internet coaching. What else do you want jv to do?? Portland starters played 44+ mins too.

You all should be damn happy he doesn't play turk or ayon for extended mins.

Also do not understand the mcbob hate, it is looking like we can groom him to be our nick collison, clean up hustle player. He knows his role.
Technooo....
NickAnderson

Lead Assistant
And1: 602

Post#260 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:56 am by The Real Dalic

NickAnderson wrote:

Ish?
DQJ?
Moe?

You are spot on.

Sometimes you guys crack me up with this internet coaching. What else do you want jv to do?? Portland starters played 44+ mins too.

You all should be damn happy he doesn't play turk or ayon for extended mins.

Also do not understand the mcbob hate, it is looking like we can groom him to be our nick collison, clean up hustle player. He knows his role.

This. I never understand the hate at all. He's actually been more than solid. And he usually never forces anything, sometimes he makes a boneheaded play here and there, but so do most players.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic

RealGM
And1: 1,251

Post#261 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:59 am by applash

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

applash
Junior
And1: 35

Post#262 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:00 am by crazytown

VGOSWAMI wrote:
DJRajX wrote:
VGOSWAMI wrote:Disregard W's, acquire ping pong balls.

+1
The only fact that's keeping me sane this season lol

Every game is a win-win for me this way.

WAS and NO won tonight too. We're climbing "up" in the standings! :D
crazytown

Starter
And1: 186

Post#263 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:10 am by Bensational

It's a shame Jameer couldn't figure out he was ice cold from outside tonight. Had he taken a few less 3's and a couple more 2's, this game could have been ours.

I won't hate, though. They all played solidly, and they clearly wanted to win it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more excited about landing either Shabazz or McLemore in the draft. My hopes for a playoff birth are gone. It's just nice that the team is still fighting.
Bensational

RealGM
And1: 724

Post#264 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:13 am by drsd

Orlando really needs a competent SF.
drsd

RealGM
And1: 290

Post#265 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:50 am by MagicStarwipe

I like watching this team. Hate to see all these close losses though. I think we'll perform better down the stretch soon. We're getting a lot of practice at it. Hope Baby comes back soon.
MagicStarwipe

Lead Assistant
And1: 1,065

Post#266 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:12 am by rcklsscognition

Vuc's pick and roll defense killed us tonight. It is atrocious. He either runs into his own player on the pick, is too slow to react to the roller, or gets switched and has to guard the best player on the opposing team. This has got to be priority no. 1 for the coaching staff and Vuc.
McLemore: "I can say I come in with a chip on my shoulder. ... I can be an alpha dog and take over games." We're going to regret passing on him.
rcklsscognition

RealGM
And1: 720

Post#267 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:26 am by MagicTownBaller

I hate to watch McRoberts constantly play key minutes. It is really infuriating and I don't understand why Nicholson isn't getting those minutes.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
MagicTownBaller

Starter
And1: 183

Post#268 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:03 am by BaunceyChillups

MagicTownBaller wrote:I hate to watch McRoberts constantly play key minutes. It is really infuriating and I don't understand why Nicholson isn't getting those minutes.

because Nicholson usually just fouls his man instead of playing defense
BaunceyChillups
Bench Warmer
And1: 137

Post#269 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:32 am by mityamag

MagicTownBaller wrote:I hate to watch McRoberts constantly play key minutes. It is really infuriating and I don't understand why Nicholson isn't getting those minutes.

McRob hustles for the rebounds, may defend several positions
mityamag

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9

Post#270 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:42 am by arsenal6106

Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)
arsenal6106

Assistant Coach
And1: 98

Post#271 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:43 am by ChosenSavior

rcklsscognition wrote:Vuc's pick and roll defense killed us tonight. It is atrocious. He either runs into his own player on the pick, is too slow to react to the roller, or gets switched and has to guard the best player on the opposing team. This has got to be priority no. 1 for the coaching staff and Vuc.

I agree and Portland seemed to realize it in the 2nd half which allowed them to get much better looks on offense.

All credit goes to the "great" Turbo_Zone for this masterpiece...
ChosenSavior

RealGM
And1: 728

Post#272 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:46 am by MagicTownBaller

arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
MagicTownBaller

Starter
And1: 183

Post#273 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:23 am by Blue_and_Whte

I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.
Blue_and_Whte

RealGM
And1: 852

Post#274 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:05 am by mhectorgato

MagicTownBaller wrote:
arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.

So one non-starting player makes the entire team's defense stink?

Could it also be that our starting C/PF and bulkiest interior defender is out?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato

RealGM
And1: 486

Post#275 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:07 am by mhectorgato

Bensational wrote:It's a shame Jameer couldn't figure out he was ice cold from outside tonight. Had he taken a few less 3's and a couple more 2's, this game could have been ours.

I won't hate, though. They all played solidly, and they clearly wanted to win it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more excited about landing either Shabazz or McLemore in the draft. My hopes for a playoff birth are gone. It's just nice that the team is still fighting.

Yeah he shouldn't have taken that 3 to send it into overtime, since he was shooting it bad ... :roll:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato

RealGM
And1: 486

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic