yardbarker

Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST

Moderators: damo[23], Devin 1L, Hilltop, Howard Mass, MagicMadness, eyriq

Post#271 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:43 am by ChosenSavior

rcklsscognition wrote:Vuc's pick and roll defense killed us tonight. It is atrocious. He either runs into his own player on the pick, is too slow to react to the roller, or gets switched and has to guard the best player on the opposing team. This has got to be priority no. 1 for the coaching staff and Vuc.


I agree and Portland seemed to realize it in the 2nd half which allowed them to get much better looks on offense.
Image

All credit goes to the "great" Turbo_Zone for this masterpiece...
ChosenSavior


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,995
And1: 811
Joined: Sep 9, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Top

Post#272 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:46 am by MagicTownBaller

arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
MagicTownBaller


Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,247
And1: 183
Joined: Nov 10, 2011
Location: Orlando, Florida
Top

Post#273 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:23 am by Blue_and_Whte

I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.
Blue_and_Whte





RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,458
And1: 892
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
Top

Post#274 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:05 am by mhectorgato

MagicTownBaller wrote:
arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)


During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.


So one non-starting player makes the entire team's defense stink?

Could it also be that our starting C/PF and bulkiest interior defender is out?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 29,271
And1: 486
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Finals Baby!
Top

Post#275 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:07 am by mhectorgato

Bensational wrote:It's a shame Jameer couldn't figure out he was ice cold from outside tonight. Had he taken a few less 3's and a couple more 2's, this game could have been ours.

I won't hate, though. They all played solidly, and they clearly wanted to win it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more excited about landing either Shabazz or McLemore in the draft. My hopes for a playoff birth are gone. It's just nice that the team is still fighting.


Yeah he shouldn't have taken that 3 to send it into overtime, since he was shooting it bad ... :roll:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 29,271
And1: 486
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Finals Baby!
Top

Post#276 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:24 am by Optimus_Steel

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.



I think he has been playing hard. With all the injuries and youth on the team he is being forced to play in situations he is not suited for. Would you rather have one hand Hedo out there? I think the McRobs hate is unwarranted.
aka: prorl
Image
Optimus_Steel


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,885
And1: 1,423
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Orlando, FL- home of the Magic and OC Lions!
Top

Post#277 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:00 pm by magicmamma

I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

What's with all the McRoberts hate? Is it because people want to hate Dukies, but can't hate JJ, because he always looks like he just rolled out of bed, or because he isn't a kid? It can hardly be his play. The guy is doing everything out there, and playing with intelligence, energy, and considerable athleticism. Sure, some of the kids have more potential, but you win games with performance, not potential.
magicmamma

Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,215
And1: 6
Joined: Feb 1, 2006
Top

Post#278 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:12 pm by BaunceyChillups

magicmamma wrote:I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.


what an inane statement considering either the Magic or the Blazers could've gone off on a huge run to put the game out of reach at anytime given how lax the defense was this game
BaunceyChillups
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,449
And1: 137
Joined: Jan 30, 2009
Top

Post#279 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:24 pm by BadMofoPimp

magicmamma wrote:I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.


How would any coach in the history of the NBA know a game is going into overtime unless there is like 10 seconds or less on the clock and they are confident in their offense to tie the game or defense in stopping the other team from scoring?
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,542
And1: 3,650
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#280 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:50 pm by magicmamma

What?? You don't believe a good coach has to have precognition? :lol:
magicmamma

Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,215
And1: 6
Joined: Feb 1, 2006
Top

Post#281 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:01 pm by Skin

ANOTHER PERFECT LOSS!!!! I'M LOVING THIS SEASON!

Who can complain about this? Like really. We're showing how competitive and close we are to beating ALL of these teams, yet we're making sure we will not hurt our lottery chances of getting an elite player. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
Image
Playoffs, here we come!
Skin

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,230
And1: 696
Joined: Jul 3, 2009
Top

Post#282 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:07 pm by BadMofoPimp

magicmamma wrote:What?? You don't believe a good coach has to have precognition? :lol:


At first I was like "I agree" then I re-read and was like "Wuh?" lol
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,542
And1: 3,650
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#283 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:34 pm by NickAnderson

I really wonder if some of you actually WATCH the games. Rest the STARTERS in the 4th in a close game to prepare for OT? I have now heard it ALL. lol

JV is already showing he is a better coach the Stan.
Technooo....
NickAnderson



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,131
And1: 610
Joined: Jul 11, 2009
Location: Club Space
Top

Post#284 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:36 pm by BadMofoPimp

NickAnderson wrote:
JV is already showing he is a better coach the Stan.


Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,542
And1: 3,650
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#285 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:39 pm by NickAnderson

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:
JV is already showing he is a better coach the Stan.


Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.


JV is top 4 :)
Technooo....
NickAnderson



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,131
And1: 610
Joined: Jul 11, 2009
Location: Club Space
Top

Post#286 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:57 pm by BadMofoPimp

NickAnderson wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:
JV is already showing he is a better coach the Stan.


Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.


JV is top 4 :)


Right now, his team is a bottom 4 team! 8-)
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,542
And1: 3,650
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#287 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:42 pm by rcklsscognition

I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Vuc's problems on the pick and roll create a ripple effect that ruins our rotations. When Baby was in, he didn't have these problems, but now Vuc is being forced out to guard too often. Like I said, it was painfully evident in the Portland game but has been happening all season. Vuc either runs into one of our wings or allows the easy pass to the pick setter, which then leads to McBob coming over to help and leaves McBob's man over. From my viewpoint, McBob looks like a failure because he often fails at helping because he's put at a defensive disadvantage by Vucevic messing things up.
Image
McLemore: "I can say I come in with a chip on my shoulder. ... I can be an alpha dog and take over games." We're going to regret passing on him.
rcklsscognition

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,368
And1: 757
Joined: Mar 22, 2009
Top

Post#288 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:51 pm by BadMofoPimp

rcklsscognition wrote:I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Vuc's problems on the pick and roll create a ripple effect that ruins our rotations. When Baby was in, he didn't have these problems, but now Vuc is being forced out to guard too often. Like I said, it was painfully evident in the Portland game but has been happening all season. Vuc either runs into one of our wings or allows the easy pass to the pick setter, which then leads to McBob coming over to help and leaves McBob's man over. From my viewpoint, McBob looks like a failure because he often fails at helping because he's put at a defensive disadvantage by Vucevic messing things up.


I see what you are saying. BBD is just a great team player that covers for other players faults. Still there are haters . . .
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,542
And1: 3,650
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

Post#289 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:47 pm by NickAnderson

^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.
Technooo....
NickAnderson



Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,131
And1: 610
Joined: Jul 11, 2009
Location: Club Space
Top

Post#290 Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST
Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:54 pm by BadMofoPimp

NickAnderson wrote:^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.


Ain't that the truth.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 33,542
And1: 3,650
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Orlando Magic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Last Guardian, Zmill