ImageImageImageImage

Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,671

Re: Magic vs Blazers 10pm EST 

Post#271 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:43 am

rcklsscognition wrote:Vuc's pick and roll defense killed us tonight. It is atrocious. He either runs into his own player on the pick, is too slow to react to the roller, or gets switched and has to guard the best player on the opposing team. This has got to be priority no. 1 for the coaching staff and Vuc.

I agree and Portland seemed to realize it in the 2nd half which allowed them to get much better looks on offense.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#272 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:46 am

arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,229

Post#273 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:23 pm

I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#274 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:05 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:
arsenal6106 wrote:
Evan Dunlap ‏@BQRMagic
Magic have league's 7th-best offense (106.7 ORtg) since losing streak began... and its worst defense (114.5 DRtg). Next-worst: Kings (109)

During this whole streak, McRoberts has been playing key minutes. Goes to show you that he sucks on defense.

So one non-starting player makes the entire team's defense stink?

Could it also be that our starting C/PF and bulkiest interior defender is out?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#275 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:07 pm

Bensational wrote:It's a shame Jameer couldn't figure out he was ice cold from outside tonight. Had he taken a few less 3's and a couple more 2's, this game could have been ours.

I won't hate, though. They all played solidly, and they clearly wanted to win it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more excited about landing either Shabazz or McLemore in the draft. My hopes for a playoff birth are gone. It's just nice that the team is still fighting.

Yeah he shouldn't have taken that 3 to send it into overtime, since he was shooting it bad ... :roll:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,128

Post#276 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:24 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:I don't think mcrob "sucks on defense" I think he's being put in situations that don't allow him to be successful. The guy has had to guard lebron and melo out of position. Cut him some slack the dude plays hard.

I think he has been playing hard. With all the injuries and youth on the team he is being forced to play in situations he is not suited for. Would you rather have one hand Hedo out there? I think the McRobs hate is unwarranted.
aka: prorl
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#277 » by magicmamma » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:00 pm

I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

What's with all the McRoberts hate? Is it because people want to hate Dukies, but can't hate JJ, because he always looks like he just rolled out of bed, or because he isn't a kid? It can hardly be his play. The guy is doing everything out there, and playing with intelligence, energy, and considerable athleticism. Sure, some of the kids have more potential, but you win games with performance, not potential.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#278 » by BaunceyChillups » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:12 pm

magicmamma wrote:I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

what an inane statement considering either the Magic or the Blazers could've gone off on a huge run to put the game out of reach at anytime given how lax the defense was this game
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,589

Post#279 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:24 pm

magicmamma wrote:I think if JV had known the game was going into overtime (a good coach has precognition, after all) he would have rested his starters early in the fourth. Since he wasn't smart enough to know this, he had to either play them through overtime or take them out for good. As tired as they were after regulation, they would likely have have stiffened up and been useless after a short rest.

How would any coach in the history of the NBA know a game is going into overtime unless there is like 10 seconds or less on the clock and they are confident in their offense to tie the game or defense in stopping the other team from scoring?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#280 » by magicmamma » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:50 pm

What?? You don't believe a good coach has to have precognition? :lol:
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#281 » by Skin » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:01 pm

ANOTHER PERFECT LOSS!!!! I'M LOVING THIS SEASON!

Who can complain about this? Like really. We're showing how competitive and close we are to beating ALL of these teams, yet we're making sure we will not hurt our lottery chances of getting an elite player. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#282 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:07 pm

magicmamma wrote:What?? You don't believe a good coach has to have precognition? :lol:

At first I was like "I agree" then I re-read and was like "Wuh?" lol

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Post#283 » by NickAnderson » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:34 pm

I really wonder if some of you actually WATCH the games. Rest the STARTERS in the 4th in a close game to prepare for OT? I have now heard it ALL. lol

JV is already showing he is a better coach the Stan.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#284 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:36 pm

NickAnderson wrote:

Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#285 » by NickAnderson » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:

Stan is a top 5 coach in this league. I know you have a mab-crush while Vaughn is good, but not great by a long shot.

JV is top 4 :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#286 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:57 pm

NickAnderson wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
NickAnderson wrote:

JV is top 4 :)

Right now, his team is a bottom 4 team! 8-)

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#287 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:42 pm

I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Vuc's problems on the pick and roll create a ripple effect that ruins our rotations. When Baby was in, he didn't have these problems, but now Vuc is being forced out to guard too often. Like I said, it was painfully evident in the Portland game but has been happening all season. Vuc either runs into one of our wings or allows the easy pass to the pick setter, which then leads to McBob coming over to help and leaves McBob's man over. From my viewpoint, McBob looks like a failure because he often fails at helping because he's put at a defensive disadvantage by Vucevic messing things up.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#288 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:51 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:I said it earlier, but Vuc is the problem in our streak. He is the reason our defensive rating is so bad. It's not McBob, his problems are a result of Vuc's problems, which is pick and roll defense. McBob is pretty much net zero on defense on/off court, but Vuv is -6, the team gives up 6 more points when he's on the court.

Vuc's problems on the pick and roll create a ripple effect that ruins our rotations. When Baby was in, he didn't have these problems, but now Vuc is being forced out to guard too often. Like I said, it was painfully evident in the Portland game but has been happening all season. Vuc either runs into one of our wings or allows the easy pass to the pick setter, which then leads to McBob coming over to help and leaves McBob's man over. From my viewpoint, McBob looks like a failure because he often fails at helping because he's put at a defensive disadvantage by Vucevic messing things up.

I see what you are saying. BBD is just a great team player that covers for other players faults. Still there are haters . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
NickAnderson
General Manager

Post#289 » by NickAnderson » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:47 am

^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#290 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:54 am

NickAnderson wrote:^ his pick and roll d does suck actually him and Nicholson are pretty bad. If they are our future frontline they def need to work on that but it isn't the only reason we are losing close games. Its mainly because we don't have anyone to close out games for us.

Ain't that the truth.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic