ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Orium
Assistant Coach
And1: 349

Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#1 » by Orium » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:46 am

"At the (trade) deadline, maybe there’s an offer that (GM) Rob (Hennigan) has to consider. But I don’t get any indication from him that they are actively looking to move me," Redick continued. "So if I’m here past the deadline, that’s the first hurdle."

Via Wiretap (Full Denton Article)

The only thing that would interest me would be a young prospect + pick.
The curse of Fran Vasquez lives on
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#2 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:20 am

If someone wants Redick, they have to take Harrington or Hedo with him.

Prospect + Pick(s) are indeed the return Henny seeks.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#3 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 am

No surprise with this news being out there regarding Redick. Completely agree with the both of you on the need of a good prospect and a pick for Redick.

Hopefully we can do that while getting rid of Hedo/Harrington if we do wind up trading J.J. away.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,696

Post#4 » by Viper1500 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:34 am

A contender will give up the most for him, most other teams can just sign him out right this off season. I wonder if there is any chance on getting Toronto's 1st rd pick (2013) that OKC currently holds. If they are not planning to re-sign K-mart this would make a lot of sense for them
Dgbarnes
Junior
And1: 196

Post#5 » by Dgbarnes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:05 am

If we can get a 2014 first rounder + youth, it'd be hard to say no. I could see San Antonio, Memphis, and a few other contenders being interested.
blue and white
Bench Warmer
And1: 57

Post#6 » by blue and white » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:08 am

id like to send redick to okc so 1. he can win a chip and 2. id want lamb and a late first for him
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#7 » by arsenal6106 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 am

Whatever happens, I'm glad that it's Henny that will be making the final decisions.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#8 » by Reverse_Angle » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:21 am

arsenal6106 wrote:Whatever happens, I'm glad that it's Henny that will be making the final decisions.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#9 » by drsd » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:42 am

blue and white wrote:id like to send redick to okc so 1. he can win a chip and 2. id want lamb and a late first for him

One could argue that the Thunder would profit having Hedo on their roster more than Jonathan Clay. Turkoglu behind Durant for 10-15 minutes a game could be ace for their 2nd team. Especially he could play when Westbrook and Durant are both off of the court.

If the Magic are looking to dump salary, then Hedo and Jonathan for Lamb and Kevin Martin is an interesting trade. The Magic would gain in Lamb a very mentally stable guy who is a likely future starter at the an SG slot. In a weak draft, assuming the Raptors keep winning games, maybe OKC would trade this pick; I see that as unlikely. But with that pick and Orlando's: that's, say, #7 and #10.

Orlando then has this young-gun team to develop: Lamb, Harkless, Nicholson, and Vučević. This is a PG away from being something Coach Vaughn could work with.

With the two picks, CJ McCollum and Marcus Smart could be the selections. One of those two should develop into a nice bench player.

ADRajX
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#10 » by ADRajX » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 am

Well this is no surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised if Redick is involved with teams like Memphis or Sacramento. Since people are mentioning trades... for the fun of it, I'm curious if anyone here is creative with the Trade Checker and could think of a good deal among Orlando (ex: Redick, Hedo, Afflalo, Harrington, McRob, Ayon, or Davis), Indiana (ex: Granger rumored), Memphis (ex: Gay and ZBo rumored), and/or Sacramento (ex: Evans and Cousins rumored). It doesn't have to involve all 4 teams or even all (or any) of the players listed/rumored above to be traded. Just wondering if anyone had any good ideas. Hedo's contract is an obstacle.
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Laozi
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#11 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Remember the rumor in the offseason: Henny made an offer for Evans and Sac countered with Evans for Redick.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#12 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 pm

If we're goimg to give JJ up, Rob needs ask about Tyreke Evans. I'd like to see what he could do on this team.
kman1023
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#13 » by kman1023 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 pm

drsd wrote:
blue and white wrote:id like to send redick to okc so 1. he can win a chip and 2. id want lamb and a late first for him

One could argue that the Thunder would profit having Hedo on their roster more than Jonathan Clay. Turkoglu behind Durant for 10-15 minutes a game could be ace for their 2nd team. Especially he could play when Westbrook and Durant are both off of the court.

If the Magic are looking to dump salary, then Hedo and Jonathan for Lamb and Kevin Martin is an interesting trade. The Magic would gain in Lamb a very mentally stable guy who is a likely future starter at the an SG slot. In a weak draft, assuming the Raptors keep winning games, maybe OKC would trade this pick; I see that as unlikely. But with that pick and Orlando's: that's, say, #7 and #10.

Orlando then has this young-gun team to develop: Lamb, Harkless, Nicholson, and Vučević. This is a PG away from being something Coach Vaughn could work with.

With the two picks, CJ McCollum and Marcus Smart could be the selections. One of those two should develop into a nice bench player.

I really appreciated this response lol it was thorough.

Although I'm on the keep JJ bandwagon. so...KEEP JJ
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#14 » by G-Heel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 pm

arsenal6106 wrote:Whatever happens, I'm glad that it's Henny that will be making the final decisions.

Why? I mean I'm glad it's not Otis, but I don't think hennigan is as great as you guys believe either. He traded Dwight for couple of role players, bad contract, and picks with so many restrictions. OKC got better deal for Harden IMO. Anyway, I'm not sold on him yet. If he can find good deals for JJ and BBD, then I'll be impressed.
Fire Otis!
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#15 » by Cigamodnalro » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:06 pm

drsd wrote:

I don't see us getting Lamb and Martin for Turkoglu and Redick, but I do agree that Turkoglu would be a good fit on the OKC bench. Money is likely an obstacle--it is cap considerations that "forced" the Thunder to trade James Harden--but Hedo's contract may actually be an asset rather than a liability in that regard given the 50% buyout affixed to it after this season. OKC NEVER sits both Durant and Westbrook at the same time (seriously, watch a Thunder game--their rotations almost always are such that at least one of the two is in the game), but I think Turk would be a pretty ideal player to spell Durant off of the bench.

Redick for Lamb and the Dallas pick would be totally cool by me. Although, admittedly, I haven't watched enough of Lamb's game (even at UCONN) to judge the fit.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#16 » by Reverse_Angle » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:35 pm

G-Heel wrote:

Why? I mean I'm glad it's not Otis, but I don't think hennigan is as great as you guys believe either. He traded Dwight for couple of role players, bad contract, and picks with so many restrictions. OKC got better deal for Harden IMO. Anyway, I'm not sold on him yet. If he can find good deals for JJ and BBD, then I'll be impressed.

He has a plan and I am willing to see where it would take us to.

Also, he knows things you and I don't. He is trusted with a $500m+ business and you are basing your opinion on what you hear/read. In any case, I understand the Dwight deal, I think what Henny did makes a lot more sense than what OKC did with Harden situation.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#17 » by tiderulz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:00 pm

G-Heel wrote:

it helps that HArden was open to going to any team as long as he was paid and he was locked in for a few more years. Dwight was only locked in for 1 year, teams arent going to give up that many assets just for that.
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#18 » by BaunceyChillups » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Hedo has a PER of 4, we'd have to pay other teams to trade for him.

And I'd be more interested in trying to get that Toronto pick instead of Lamb from OKC
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,114

Post#19 » by Def Swami » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:48 pm

I'd really like another 1st rounder, either this year or next, and preferably in the lottery.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#20 » by G-Heel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Reverse_Angle wrote:
G-Heel wrote:

He has a plan and I am willing to see where it would take us to.

Also, he knows things you and I don't. He is trusted with a $500m+ business and you are basing your opinion on what you hear/read. In any case, I understand the Dwight deal, I think what Henny did makes a lot more sense than what OKC did with Harden situation.

Every other GM in the league is trusted with a multimillion business, doesn't mean anything. Otis was trusted with a $500m business and that didn't mean anything. OKC did great with the Harden deal, they got a comparable player that plays the same position in Kevin Martin, and a young prospect in Jeremy Lamb, and a high draft pick. That draft pick is more valuable than anything we got.

tiderulz wrote:it helps that HArden was open to going to any team as long as he was paid and he was locked in for a few more years. Dwight was only locked in for 1 year, teams arent going to give up that many assets just for that.

I don't buy that for one second. Houston was desperate, I think we could've got what OKC got for Harden easily. Harden showed a lot of promises, but Dwight was a proven superstar playing the most important position. Hennigan was high on Harkless and Afflalo, that's why he made the trade. If Harkless & Vucevic develops well, then it may turn out to be a good trade, but I think Lamb & the pick from Toronto will prove to be better in the end.
Fire Otis!

Return to Orlando Magic