ImageImageImageImage

Redick receiving interest from teams

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Re: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#181 » by G-Heel » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I just don't really see the Magic getting equal or better value back for what JJ means to this team.

Lets hope other teams feel that way also and give us more for him.
Fire Otis!
flying_mollusk
Sixth Man
And1: 798

Post#182 » by flying_mollusk » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:58 pm

I like Redick too, but the smart move would be to sell high on him. This is especially true if he is outside of our price range. He deserves to earn as much as he is worth and shouldn’t have to give us a hometown discount. If we could acquire an unprotected or minimally protected draft pick from Boston, that would be nice. That team will be rebuilding soon and their draft picks could have value. I doubt they give up Sullinger, but nothing we can do about that. If we could get their 2014 pick, that would be good.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#183 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Lol@ in the magic training room. Anyway the last few years jj won that magic ironman award were his pound for pound strength was mentioned.

Back on topic, I'm okay with them moving jj as long as it helps the team moving forward. I'm a fan of the magic not of any single player. So while I would rather jj stay here and build a contending team with him in the mix, doing what's best to make them contenders moving forward is what I prefer.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,234

Post#184 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
G-Heel wrote:Why? I mean I'm glad it's not Otis, but I don't think hennigan is as great as you guys believe either. He traded Dwight for couple of role players, bad contract, and picks with so many restrictions. OKC got better deal for Harden IMO. Anyway, I'm not sold on him yet. If he can find good deals for JJ and BBD, then I'll be impressed.

Every other GM in the league is trusted with a multimillion business, doesn't mean anything. Otis was trusted with a $500m business and that didn't mean anything. OKC did great with the Harden deal, they got a comparable player that plays the same position in Kevin Martin, and a young prospect in Jeremy Lamb, and a high draft pick. That draft pick is more valuable than anything we got.

I don't buy that for one second. Houston was desperate, I think we could've got what OKC got for Harden easily. Harden showed a lot of promises, but Dwight was a proven superstar playing the most important position. Hennigan was high on Harkless and Afflalo, that's why he made the trade. If Harkless & Vucevic develops well, then it may turn out to be a good trade, but I think Lamb & the pick from Toronto will prove to be better in the end.

Dude there is so much wrong with this i dont know where to start. There is no way that OKC got a better return, Vuc has been playing awesome and is clearly developing with playing time look at how he rebounds it is incredible the strides he is making. Harkless is young and improving everyday it is gonna take time which many of you dont want but face reality. Batum and George come to mind it takes them a while. Affalo is great value he is a very serviceable player making a really good 7-8 Million a year which is awesome when looking at wat players are getting now. Harrington is not a bad contract like hedo he will prolly be cut if he doesnt show any value.

The pick from toronto is a really weak draft would be lucky to be wat Vuc is. How can u sit here and talk like Lamb is a future all star HE HAS BEEN PLAYING IN THE DLEAGUE Harkless=lamb in value right now imo. I love how everyone is blaming henny for Harrington at worst he can be cut after seson. Not to mention 3 future 1sts yea they are not lottery picks and we might not see them for a couple years just like we should wait to evaluate the deal people need to get over the fact that we arent gonna be contenders over night

Hennigan could reincarnate prime Michael Jordan and some people wouldn't be happy. Forward thinking and patience is what people lack.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Tayswagzzz
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#185 » by Tayswagzzz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't want to see Redick go :(

If he by some bizarre chance does get traded, I hope it's a trade that brings us Eric Bledsoe..Russell Westbrook..Eric Gordon..Kevin Love..Rajon Rondo..something like that. Team's probably won't be THAT high on him, but maybe we can pull it off and get one of these young guys to play with Vucevic, our hope for the future going forward. Add in a max contract next year and we might have something ;)

Heck I'd even do a trade to get Demarcus Cousins over here.
Orlando Magic | Atlanta Braves | Florida State
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#186 » by Rick Rolled » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm

John Denton ‏@JohnDenton555
Courtside NBA scout on #Magic SG JJ Redick: "He's the reason there are about 9 of us (scouts) here at the game tonight."

From yesterday ^
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
BaunceyChillups
Sixth Man
And1: 317

Post#187 » by BaunceyChillups » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:13 pm

The trick with moving JJ is that Rob needs to lure some team into overspending their assets to get him
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,256

Post#188 » by bigpimpatl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:18 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
G-Heel wrote:Why? I mean I'm glad it's not Otis, but I don't think hennigan is as great as you guys believe either. He traded Dwight for couple of role players, bad contract, and picks with so many restrictions. OKC got better deal for Harden IMO. Anyway, I'm not sold on him yet. If he can find good deals for JJ and BBD, then I'll be impressed.

Every other GM in the league is trusted with a multimillion business, doesn't mean anything. Otis was trusted with a $500m business and that didn't mean anything. OKC did great with the Harden deal, they got a comparable player that plays the same position in Kevin Martin, and a young prospect in Jeremy Lamb, and a high draft pick. That draft pick is more valuable than anything we got.

I don't buy that for one second. Houston was desperate, I think we could've got what OKC got for Harden easily. Harden showed a lot of promises, but Dwight was a proven superstar playing the most important position. Hennigan was high on Harkless and Afflalo, that's why he made the trade. If Harkless & Vucevic develops well, then it may turn out to be a good trade, but I think Lamb & the pick from Toronto will prove to be better in the end.

Dude there is so much wrong with this i dont know where to start. There is no way that OKC got a better return, Vuc has been playing awesome and is clearly developing with playing time look at how he rebounds it is incredible the strides he is making. Harkless is young and improving everyday it is gonna take time which many of you dont want but face reality. Batum and George come to mind it takes them a while. Affalo is great value he is a very serviceable player making a really good 7-8 Million a year which is awesome when looking at wat players are getting now. Harrington is not a bad contract like hedo he will prolly be cut if he doesnt show any value.

The pick from toronto is a really weak draft would be lucky to be wat Vuc is. How can u sit here and talk like Lamb is a future all star HE HAS BEEN PLAYING IN THE DLEAGUE Harkless=lamb in value right now imo. I love how everyone is blaming henny for Harrington at worst he can be cut after season. Not to mention 3 future 1sts yea they are not lottery picks and we might not see them for a couple years just like we should wait to evaluate the deal people need to get over the fact that we arent gonna be contenders over night

G Heel is right. We got hosed. I thought this was common knowledge.

We got picks that are heavily protected, mediocre players, and young talent. Harkless hasn't done anything special this season, so that's 1/2. And we got lucky with Vucevic, but that doesn't mean at the time we made the trade we knew we'd get our future C. There is nothing you can project from last season or USC that could lead you to believe Vucevic would be this good. Even if you did think Vucevic would be this good, wouldn't that make Philly really stupid, considering their C hasn't played a single minute this season?
Reverse_Angle
Assistant Coach
And1: 262

Post#189 » by Reverse_Angle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

What about what JJ wants? Perhaps he would prefer going to a contending team. You all say how hard working he is, etc. Hard working guys have ambitions. For the good of JJ, I think he should be traded. If not, no attempt should be made to resign him, unless it is for driving up his market value.

In any case, don't come to me with "I want to be here" crap, what else would he be saying to the media? It means nothing.

"Aaron Gordon will cost Henny's job by Dec 2016." Predicted Dec 2014.

"O'Quinn will have a longer and more successful NBA career than Nicholson." Predicted Jun 2012. Verified on Dec 2014.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#190 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:42 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:

The pick from toronto is a really weak draft would be lucky to be wat Vuc is. How can u sit here and talk like Lamb is a future all star HE HAS BEEN PLAYING IN THE DLEAGUE Harkless=lamb in value right now imo. I love how everyone is blaming henny for Harrington at worst he can be cut after season. Not to mention 3 future 1sts yea they are not lottery picks and we might not see them for a couple years just like we should wait to evaluate the deal people need to get over the fact that we arent gonna be contenders over night

We got picks that are heavily protected, mediocre players, and young talent. Harkless hasn't done anything special this season, so that's 1/2. And we got lucky with Vucevic, but that doesn't mean at the time we made the trade we knew we'd get our future C. There is nothing you can project from last season or USC that could lead you to believe Vucevic would be this good. Even if you did think Vucevic would be this good, wouldn't that make Philly really stupid, considering their C hasn't played a single minute this season?

Why does it matter if we knew whether or not Vuc would become the franchise center. All that matters is that he is our franchise center now (most likely)... He was a pretty underrated prospect coming out of USC (17/10 his junior yr) and was an underrated rookie that produced whenever he got minutes. Seven footers that are good offensive players AND good rebounders don't come around often. Which leads me to my point..

I wouldn't say Philly is "stupid" for trading for Bynum. When healthy, Bynum and Brook Lopez are the best offensive centers in the game. Bynum is high-risk high-reward and its a fail for Philly thus far. Atleast their young guys are stepping up now though.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,069

Post#191 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:01 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:

oh gosh I love this. Harkless is not worth the paper we signed his contract on I guess according to you? Maybe we should just release him now. Dude he is the rawest of the raw and is 19 YEARS OLD. Henny didn't make this deal thinking he would come in right away and dominate and either did Vaughn by the way he is playing him look at George he was that raw and that young coming out it took some time but each year he got better and now he is an all star. I am not saying he will be an all star guaranteed but you people need to be patient especially with those picks henny has shown he can use later picks to great effect with Nicholson who nobody even heard of when he was drafted and then everyone wanted to hang henny right then and there. Why is it everyone thought teams were lineing up to give lotto picks for Dwight? it wasn't happening. Everyone also undervalues affalo he is a very good 2-3 option on a team but we are making him our first plus he is only making 7-8 million. Henny saw real value in Vuc Affalo and Nicholson and made a great trade at the end of the day but the plan was never to contend this year this deal was to get us out of cap hell and to position ourselves with young players with great prospects for the future. Stop complaining already.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz takes:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year.
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#192 » by AhaAha » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Why trade a player when his value is low. He is an expiring and is coming off the bench. Of course we will not get equal value for him. He should have started if we were planing on trading him. I hated the fact we got afflalo in the first place because i wanted jj to be a starter. Did the same sht with gortat and look how that turned out. If we trade jj only for a pick and he starts at sg for his new team we will definitely regret it.
Let alone some celtic fans thinking they can get him for their crap. I mean look at their contract situation. Lee,terry,green,bass have horrible contracts...those have negative value...
bigpimpatl
Veteran

Post#193 » by bigpimpatl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

see here's the issue I have. You can't say we won/didn't get hosed the trade because Vucevic is good NOW when at the time of the trade you had no idea what kind of player he was. Just look at his stats and compare them to last season. He has doubled his minutes while doubling his points and rebounds AND has shot more efficiently. That's pretty good yet totally unexpected when we acquired him.
bigpimpatl
Veteran

Post#194 » by bigpimpatl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:

oh gosh I love this. Harkless is not worth the paper we signed his contract on I guess according to you? Maybe we should just release him now. Dude he is the rawest of the raw and is 19 YEARS OLD. Henny didn't make this deal thinking he would come in right away and dominate and either did Vaughn by the way he is playing him look at George he was that raw and that young coming out it took some time but each year he got better and now he is an all star. I am not saying he will be an all star guaranteed but you people need to be patient especially with those picks henny has shown he can use later picks to great effect with Nicholson who nobody even heard of when he was drafted and then everyone wanted to hang henny right then and there. Why is it everyone thought teams were lineing up to give lotto picks for Dwight? it wasn't happening. Everyone also undervalues affalo he is a very good 2-3 option on a team but we are making him our first plus he is only making 7-8 million. Henny saw real value in Vuc Affalo and Nicholson and made a great trade at the end of the day but the plan was never to contend this year this deal was to get us out of cap hell and to position ourselves with young players with great prospects for the future. Stop complaining already.

holy run-on sentence batman.

You're delusional if you really think Hennigan (or anyone) somehow knew Vucevic would be this good. And Harkless hasn't shown anything so far to make me believe he's worth keeping around. Our very own Nicholson has shown more promise than him, and Harkless is a starter. Even when Paul George came in he showed flashes of what he could be. Harkless? he's only scored double digits in one game. ONE GAME. All I've seen from Harkless is that he is athletic and can dunk. Please don't compare him at all to George, what an insult.

just to add about Harkless, if you hadn't noticed his minutes have slowly decreased these past few games compared to earlier in the season. We all know Hedo is a corpse but what does that tell you about Harkless?
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#195 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:09 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:

You're delusional if you really think Hennigan (or anyone) somehow knew Vucevic would be this good. And Harkless hasn't shown anything so far to make me believe he's worth keeping around. Our very own Nicholson has shown more promise than him, and Harkless is a starter. Even when Paul George came in he showed flashes of what he could be. Harkless? he's only scored double digits in one game. ONE GAME. All I've seen from Harkless is that he is athletic and can dunk. Please don't compare him at all to George, what an insult.

Hennigan scouted Vucevic all his years at USC. If anyone knew of his potential, I'd think Henny was well aware of what he was getting in him.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,799

Post#196 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 pm

bigpimpatl wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
bigpimpatl wrote:

All due respect I dont think your giving Hennigan enough credit. Do I think he thought vuci would set the franchise record for rebounds prob not but I do think he thought very high on him which is why he is here. He wanted him, he was not just a throw in.. Now I dont completly disagree about Harkless but do keep in mind the kid is not only just 19 but he didnt even get a training camp. And since turk was hurt he got tossed into the starting 5. The fact hat he held his own showed me something. Now if we dont see improvments next year after a full camp then its time to talk. For now he is wait and see.
gp123
Bench Warmer
And1: 75

Post#197 » by gp123 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:12 pm

why is it so hard to believe that our GM, who previously spent all of his time scouting players, saw upside in a 23yrold center vs the other garbage offers we got?

Maybe he is exceeding expectations, but the GM's job is balancing risk with upside and unless he comes out and says "I didn't know what I was doing", I'm going to assume he was more knowledgeable then the rest of us.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#198 » by RickB-Orlando » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 pm

gp123 wrote:why is it so hard to believe that our GM, who previously spent all of his time scouting players, saw upside in a 23yrold center vs the other garbage offers we got?

Maybe he is exceeding expectations, but the GM's job is balancing risk with upside and unless he comes out and says "I didn't know what I was doing", I'm going to assume he was more knowledgeable then the rest of us.

Can't you just see Hennigan getting plastered, stumbling around and confiding in folks, "Wow, did I get lucky on that Vooooooooooooocevish guy. Dude can really play. Who would have guessed?"
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Post#199 » by drsd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:44 pm

The Redick to Boston rumors are hard to understand. Short a 3rd team, what could Boston offer? Fab Melo and a 1st pick in 2014??? Even then, the salaries don't match.
AhaAha
Junior
And1: 15

Re: AW: Redick receiving interest from teams 

Post#200 » by AhaAha » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Thread went ot lol.

I'm not as impressed with henny than most of you. Yeah he is better than otis. But beeing better than someone doesn't make him good.
I mean if he's such a good scout wtf did he see in eyenga,mcroberts or ayon? And what was wrong with earl clark or ryan anderson?
What i have to admit is that i never expected vuc or afflalo beeing that good.
I'm also not that impressed with our rookies as most of you. I mean what have they shown what others don't. This draft was just loaded with talent.

Return to Orlando Magic